Favorite EU moments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Elite Hunter
We haven't had a fun thread like this in a while so I decided to make this one. Today stumbled onto the most memorable Eu moments page on wookieepedia and it gave me the idea for this thread. What are your favorite moments that EU has given us? Try to limit it around 10.

In no particular order, some of mine are:

1.Ganner Rhysode's last stand, I love the "None Shall Past" line.
2.Revan's Revelation, though I had some a pretty good guess about your character's identity, I thought Bioware portrayed the revelation on the Leviathan very well.
3.Jacen Solo defeating Onimi, I liked because A) As you know,I'm a Jacen Solo fan and B) it marked the end of a very LONG series in the NJO.
4.As SW insider puts it-"Jacen Solo Descends into the Rings of Hell"- I really liked his interaction with the vong and Vergere.
5.Kar Vastor vs Mace Windu- mma style, good to see an unarmed fight between two physically intimidating force users.
6.Galen Marek's electrifying encounter with Darth Sidious, I know it is portrayed somewhat differently in the novel and videogame but I like both regardless of which is canon, though I like the game's more
7.General Grievous pwning the group of jedi on Hyporia.

For those of you who are curious here is the link to 20 Most Memorable Moments of the Expanded Universe page on wookieepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ 20_Most_Memorable_Moments_of_the_Expanded_Universe

and here is the blog page from sw.com on the topic: http://blogs.starwars.com/abelgpena/7

Gideon
The novel's version of Marek vs. Sidious sucked; the comic and game did it much better.

Revan blows. Anything Nom Anor, Pellaeon, or Phennir tops this list.

Nactous
Originally posted by Gideon

Revans awesome. Anything Nom Anor, Pellaeon, or Phennir tops this list.

I agree.

Cpt. Valerian
Revan does blow. But the way everything was handled in KOTOR was great, I must say.

Captain REX
I agree. As predictable as the game was as a far as you being Revan from the beginning, they certainly handled that part well.

Gideon
Phennir telling off the maniac who controlled Centerpoint Station was a highlight, as was Pellaeon kicking the Vong's ass from a bacta tank.

chilled monkey
Some of my faves-

1. The final duel between Galen and Vader. My favourite duel in all of Star Wars.

2. Luke and Mara's wedding.

3. Kar Vastor vs Mace Windu- I agree, this was an amazing fight.

4. Yoda's talk with Dooku on Vjun.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Some of my faves-

1. The final duel between Galen and Vader. My favourite duel in all of Star Wars.

That's just sad.....

Lord Lucien
I don't care what anyone says, Malak's casual ordering for Taris' destruction was chilling the first time I watched it.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
That's just sad.....

Why?

xxxpoppunker182
because your number one favorite moment is gay

chilled monkey
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
because your number one favorite moment is gay

How so?

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I don't care what anyone says, Malak's casual ordering for Taris' destruction was chilling the first time I watched it.

I like Malak, but he was an unoriginal concept: the bastard son of Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader. The problem is that his daddies are far more terrifying than he could ever be.

****, I'd rather face Malak -- a Sith Lord -- than Tarkin.

Cpt. Valerian
Hell no. I agree with Tangible. At least for the first time you play the game, Malak pwns.

Gideon
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Hell no. I agree with Tangible. At least for the first time you play the game, Malak pwns.

Malak is great. But he's also just a poor man's Tarkin with a lightsaber. Cool, but totally unoriginal. Tarkin and Vader both did it much, much better.

Cpt. Valerian
Yeah, that's true. But his appearance helped him a bit, as well.

GenomeFrozener
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
Yeah, that's true. But his appearance helped him a bit, as well.

At what? Pushing a Sith into a computer terminal? Or Becoming Cannon fodder?

Lord Lucien
I like Malak, but he was an unoriginal concept: the bastard son of Moff Tarkin and Darth Vader. The problem is that his daddies are far more terrifying than he could ever be.

****, I'd rather face Malak -- a Sith Lord -- than Tarkin. Same here, Tarkin wasn't corrupted by the Dark Side, he was all-natural evil.

But that 7-foot monster with the metal jaw and cruel eyes demanding Saul to "Destroy the entire planet." Whew! Did it just get colder in here?

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by GenomeFrozener
At what? Pushing a Sith into a computer terminal? Or Becoming Cannon fodder?

That 7-foot monster with the metal jaw and cruel eyes demanding Saul to "Destroy the entire planet." Whew! Did it just get colder in here?

Autokrat
I must be blind to plots, I had no idea the PC was Revan until the very last moment. I knew something was wrong about him and that he was probably someone special, but I just figured that Revan was nothing more than a background character.

Lord Lucien
So did I, and I usually clue in to that kind of stuff.

Cpt. Valerian
So did I.

no expression

****ing Bioware tricked us all.

Happy_Sith
I like the novels from the Clone Wars era, and anything to do with Count Dooku. I wonder where this new animated series leaves him - I have not bothered to watch it yet.

KOTOR 1

I liked POD simply because it is a novel that focuses on a Force User instead of these other weak characters that I consider extras, though some hardcore fans love.

KOTOR 2? It was OK.

I don't like anything post ROTJ.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
I like the novels from the Clone Wars era, and anything to do with Count Dooku. I wonder where this new animated series leaves him - I have not bothered to watch it yet.

KOTOR 1

I liked POD simply because it is a novel that focuses on a Force User instead of these other weak characters that I consider extras, though some hardcore fans love.

KOTOR 2? It was OK.

I don't like anything post ROTJ. Thrawn was good. And that Jedi Apprentice trilogy by Anderson was okay too.

Allankles
Originally posted by Autokrat
I must be blind to plots, I had no idea the PC was Revan until the very last moment. I knew something was wrong about him and that he was probably someone special, but I just figured that Revan was nothing more than a background character.

I saw that coming from Dantooine. The dreams of Malak at the Rakata temple, the way Vrook spoke to the PC (I figured Vrook was an all round tight ass but the words he used sought of betrayed some history).

Carth wondering why the Jedi were training an adult. The speed at which you were learning, to the point of being able to beat seemingly more experienced Jedi like Juhani.

Those suspicions were answered on Kashykk with the Rakata V.I..

Lord Lucien
V.I?

Allankles
V.I?

Virtual Intelligence.

Lord Lucien
Wasn't that computer more of an A.I.?

kotorfan
Malak is great. But he's also just a poor man's Tarkin with a lightsaber. Cool, but totally unoriginal. Tarkin and Vader both did it much, much better.

yeah. Vader has a certain "coolness" factor that makes him strangly likeable even though he is so evil.. in the OT at least.

oh the vrook thing. The way he talked like "this one is a special case" or something like that totally gave it away.

sry for my randomness and topic jumping but w/e

and little kids who play kotor probably didn't figure it out until the leviathan.

Cpt. Valerian
**** you. I didn't figure it out until the Leviathan. I had my heavy suspicions, but, still. Not 100% sure.

Lord Lucien
I think I unconsciously suppressed the realization. I seriously didn't figure it out until Malak came on the Leviathon.

Red Nemesis
I think I unconsciously suppressed the realization. I seriously didn't figure it out until Malak came on the Leviathon.

I didn't know until 'big reveal.' I didn't even have a hunch, which makes me feel really bad now that some of you say its 'UBER OBVIUS NOOBS111'

You're a jerk.

(Or, I am retarded. Both are possible.)

Nactous
It wasn't obvious at all. Don't listen to that sh*t.

Allankles
Originally posted by Nactous
It wasn't obvious at all. Don't listen to that sh*t.

If you didn't catch it on Dantooine it should have been obvious on Kashykk.

Slash_KMC
What ? I didn't know it on Dantooine, didn't know it on Kashyyyk and I didn't even believe it on the Leviathan.

I was like, no way that not one person we encountered knew how "most known person in the universe" Revan looked liked without a mask. Guess they didn't.

chilled monkey
Some more of my favourite moments.

1. The final scene between Galen and Juno. "Goodbye Juno." Brilliant!

2. Vodo Siosk-Baas fight with Exar Kun in the Senate.

3. Foul Moudama fending off Grievous while carrying Palpatine.

4. Obi-Wan's line in 'Labyrinth of Evil' after he's disabled a tractor beam. "Not a skill I expect to draw on again." That is so funny.

Lord Lucien
You're one for the off-beat moments huh?

chilled monkey
You're one for the off-beat moments huh?

Yeah. smile

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by chilled monkey
4. Obi-Wan's line in 'Labyrinth of Evil' after he's disabled a tractor beam. "Not a skill I expect to draw on again." That is so funny.

Speaking of favorite lines, one of mine takes place in Destiny's Way. We know that throughout the Vong war there was a lot of talk within the Imperial Remnant, new Republic and even from the Vong as to how the Empire would have done vs the Vong. The vast majority of opinions favor the empire, including Nom Anor's but here we have Han Solo being Han Solo in this passage:

"I wish you a smooth transition," Commander Dorja said. "Let's hope the hesitation and chaos with which the New Republic has met its current crisis was the fault of Borsk Fey'lya's government, and not symptomatic of the New Republic as a whole."

"I'll drink to that," Han proclaimed, and drained his glass.

"I can't help but wonder how the old Empire would have handled the crisis," Dorja continued. "I hope you will forgive my partisan attitude, but it seems to me that the Emperor would have mobilized his entire armament at the first threat, and dealt with the Yuuzhan Vong in an efficient and expeditious manner, through the use of overwhelming force. Certainly better than Borsk Fey'lya's policy-if I understood it correctly as a policy-of negotiating with the invaders at the same time as he was fighting them, sending signals of weakness to a ruthless enemy who used negotiation only as a cover for further conquests."

It was growing very hard, Leia thought, to maintain the diplomatic smile on her face. "The Emperor," she said, "was always alert to any threat to his power."

Leia sensed Han about to speak, and this time was too late to stop his words.

"That's not what the Empire would have done, Commander," Han said. "What the Empire would have done was build a super-colossal Yuuzhan Vong-killing battle machine. They would have called it the Nova Colossus or the Galaxy Destructor or the Nostril of Palpatine or something equally grandiose. They would have spent billions of credits, employed thousands of contractors and subcontractors, and equipped it with the latest in death-dealing technology. And you know what would have happened? It wouldn't have worked. They'd forget to bolt down a metal plate over an access hatch leading to the main reactors, or some other mistake, and a hotshot enemy pilot would drop a bomb down there and blow the whole thing up. Now that's what the Empire would have done."

Leia, striving to contain her laughter, detected what might have been amusement in Vana Dorja's brown eyes.

"Perhaps you're right," Dorja conceded.

"You're right I'm right, Commander," Han said, and poured himself a glass of water.

Lord Lucien
I LOVE that quote. I read it several years ago out of the back of an NJO novel in the "Upcoming" section. I remember being glad to hear one of the main characters from the movies pointing out that anomaly.

mattatom
I have to agree with Lucien and Valerian. I hadn't realized you were playing as Revan until the Leviathan and went you gotta be yanking my chain.

My favourite moments would have to be;

1. The sabacc game on Apatros in POD.
2. The "Wtf" moment when it's Luke and Luuke Duel.
3. Jacel killing Ailyn Vel (Spelling?) during the interrogation and the "oh you kriffin idiot moment" <-My reaction.

Allankles
I LOVE that quote. I read it several years ago out of the back of an NJO novel in the "Upcoming" section. I remember being glad to hear one of the main characters from the movies pointing out that anomaly.

It's funny, then you realize that Han is basically supporting the idea that the Rebels won via PIS. Truth be told Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin et al understood what an all out war was like, the Rebels were not a galaxy scale military force, they were a guerilla group in comparison to the CIS or the Vong.

The Empire would have approached the much larger military force that is the Vong with more efficiency than they did the Rebellion, because the Vong were a clear and significant threat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.