Who could survive Superman's Heat-vision Lobotomy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman focuses his HV into extremely concentrated beams at the target's forehead for the duration of 10 seconds at full power. Who from the following could survive without becoming brain-dead?

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer

fangirl101
Originally posted by Starscream M
Superman focuses his HV into extremely concentrated beams at the target's forehead for the duration of 10 seconds at full power. Who from the following could survive without becoming brain-dead?

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer
Silver Surfer.
And Wondy. Her tiara would deflect the blast. smile

Starscream M
Originally posted by fangirl101
Silver Surfer.
And Wondy. Her tiara would deflect the blast. smile No tiara

and wouldn't Wolverine survive too?

skygunner41
No tiara

No and none will survive.

fangirl101
No tiara

only the Surfer maybe.

Naija boy

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer

What do u mean by without becoming brain dead? Anyways SS and Hulk.

Slaanesh
SS..

Zack Fair
Surfer.

The rest become bound to wheelchairs.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Surfer.

The rest become bound to wheelchairs. not logan or hulk...since their HF will eventually reform what's left of their brain although it might take awhile

Naija boy
not logan or hulk...since their HF will eventually reform what's left of their brain although it might take awhile

Either logan or hulk would easily reform their brains in moments.

Zack Fair
Would that really be surviving it? They are just regenerating it. I was under the impression we were going to gauge durability/damage soak.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
Either logan or hulk would easily reform their brains in moments. not logan def not

considering Superman's HV would vaporize their brains

Logan was messed up for awhile after WWHulk beat his brain into scrambled eggs

Leobama
not logan def not

Logan was messed up for awhile after WWHulk beat his brain into scrambled eggs Dang it!! I was gonna say that!!!

Starscream M
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Would that really be surviving it? They are just regenerating it. I was under the impression we were going to gauge durability/damage soak. well I think unless they can regrow a brain in whatever the time is required for a KO on KMC is, they can be considered braindead

Hulk might be able to heal that fast...I'm pretty sure logan can't

Naija boy
not logan def not

Logan was messed up for awhile after WWHulk beat his brain into scrambled eggs

Well im no logan expert but from how he is considered on the forum i thought his HF was on that level.( i aslo seem to remeber him healing from some extreme circumstances though im not sure) Hulk however is defintely on that level as he has regenerated all his bodily organs ( brain, heart, lungs kidney etc) as well as 95 percent of his body mass in minutes.

Ambient
Thor, Surfer..

Wolverine would be dead, he would be decapitated, Hulk would maybe survived, maybe..

Mindset
How would Wolverine be decapitated?

Raoul
can't superman's hv melt adamantium?

yeah, i said it... 313

Naija boy
Originally posted by Raoul

yeah, i said it... 313

Hmmm. U r reminding me of someone with the initials TGG. stick out tongue

Mindset
Idk, ask jinzin. http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w90/nak123_album/Silly/action-smiley-075.gif

Raoul
Hmmm. U r reminding me of someone with the initials TGG. stick out tongue

laughing

honestly though. i don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. not saying he can, just saying it might not be so cut and dry...

also, if superman did hv logan's brain, i wonder if he would grow back with his entire body reduced to cinders. i mean, if superman is using a concentrated blast, the heat it gives off alone should burn through flesh...

Ambient
Originally posted by Mindset
How would Wolverine be decapitated?
What Raul said...

vlaaad12345
Has hulk ever regrown his head/brain?

Doctor-Alvis
not logan or hulk...since their HF will eventually reform what's left of their brain although it might take awhile
You said without going brain dead. I think they could both survive but not without losing a lot of brain first.

Naija boy
hasnt wolvie actually healed from being decapitated? i cudve sworn i heard that somewhere

Mindset
Originally posted by Ambient
What Raul said... Agreeing with Raoul, your first mistake. stick out tongue

Starscream M
hasnt wolvie actually healed from being decapitated? i cudve sworn i heard that somewhere I don't think so...I don't think Logan could be decapitated...unless he was boneclaw wolverine.

But I remember in the onslaught saga, when Wolverine didn't have adamantium, he found Xavier's dossiers that said the way to neutralize Wolverine was to decapitate him.

---

on a side note, if logan were decapitated and he could heal, would his head grow another body or would his body grow another head...or maybe both and we get two wolverines?!

Ambient
Agreeing with Raoul, your first mistake. stick out tongue
Nahh... disagreeing would be a road to OWNAGE..

MODZ are always right.. remember that fact.. kay roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
Disagreeing with me, your second. uhuh

Ambient
Kay i capitulate.. i bow down... you da man..

Zack Fair
I don't think so...I don't think Logan could be decapitated...unless he was boneclaw wolverine.

But I remember in the onslaught saga, when Wolverine didn't have adamantium, he found Xavier's dossiers that said the way to neutralize Wolverine was to decapitate him.

---

on a side note, if logan were decapitated and he could heal, would his head grow another body or would his body grow another head...or maybe both and we get two wolverines?!

durverine SNIKT

Endless Mike
Deadpool

Ambient
lol MU 616 would collapse and the multiverse would soon fallow...

I would never buy any marvel comics if that happen... It just aint right..lol

Well the brain does manage all the body function take that away and well the body dies... Has wolverine ever healed from his brain gone course after that Angel of death arc?

psycho gundam

yeah, i said it... 313 no, once adamantium cools from the initial creation, it is forever set in whatever form it's molded into.

adamantium has to be kept in molten form before it can be molded, once the shape is satisfactory it is left to cool. once that happens adamantium cannot change it's state of matter (solid) through temperature (no melting point/boiling point), or by chemical reaction. apparently only molecular manipulation can effect primary adamantium's solid state (as displayed by magneto).

but the ambient heat from the beams would radiate through the metal and vaporize all his flesh, not sure if his brain would come back if there isn't any brain cells left = brain death.

Raoul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no, once adamantium cools from the initial creation, it is forever set in whatever form it's molded into.

adamantium has to be kept in molten form before it can be molded, once the shape is satisfactory it is left to cool. once that happens adamantium cannot change it's state of matter (solid) through temperature (no melting point/boiling point), or by chemical reaction. apparently only molecular manipulation can effect primary adamantium's solid state (as displayed by magneto).

but the ambient heat from the beams would radiate through the metal and vaporize all his flesh, not sure if his brain would come back if there isn't any brain cells left = brain death.

laughing out loud

i was teasing.

psycho gundam
the beauty is it doesn't have to, his brain is not made of adamantium and metal has a bad reputation for conducting and retaining heat.

Raoul
the beauty is it doesn't have to, his brain is not made of adamantium and metal has a bad reputation for conducting and retaining heat.

aye. no, that part of your post i agreed with lol...

Mindset
Metal doesn't conduct heat, that's an urban legend.

psycho gundam
tell that to my steak.

Mindset
Get it on the phone

Doctor-Alvis
no, once adamantium cools from the initial creation, it is forever set in whatever form it's molded into.

I don't claim to be a scientist but if it had no melting point wouldn't that mean it can absorb infinite energy?

Slaanesh
yes it can..wolverine can do anything no expression

but seriously..no one really think of that..the only think they care about is making wolverine into a cool character..they don't care about real science..

Bouboumaster
Surfer, Hulk.

And if we count the HF, I ad Wolverine. The rest become vegetables.

Enyalus
Maybe Surfer...okay, probably Surfer.

But the rest have zero chance, and anyone saying they do needs to be slapped.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Enyalus
Maybe Surfer...okay, probably Surfer.

But the rest have zero chance, and anyone saying they do needs to be slapped.

Spank me please!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Spank me please!

You're waaaay too excited about that...

Lord Feron
Logan and Hulk would be able to reform and recover but imo that is not resisting it. They will be braindead but not for long. Surfer would be able to take it to the head.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Logan and Hulk would be able to reform and recover but imo that is not resisting it. They will be braindead but not for long. Surfer would be able to take it to the head.

The lobotomy is for 10 seconds. I'm inclined to say Wolverine would survive, because of the adamantium skull...but Hulk's skull would be melted completely through. no expression

Lord Feron
The lobotomy is for 10 seconds. I'm inclined to say Wolverine would survive, because of the adamantium skull...but Hulk's skull would be melted completely through. no expression

the heat should pretty much burnout his brain right? I mean the metal can get pretty damn hot.

janus77
Hulk is incredibly resistent to heat - remember he's already gone through Wormholes and blackholes without any form of protection.

if the H-V could actually penetrate, Hulk's HF would be replacing tissue at a rate to compensate.

remember too Hulk's had his spine ripped right through - twice - during a fight, only for it to heal up without him missing a beat (in the fight).

Bouboumaster

Hulk have swined in lava when he saved Sakaar.

occultdestroyer
Surfer

and Deadpool

Placidity
Didn't Wolverine cut Deadpool's head off once and he said if he didn't get it reattached within minutes he was a goner?

quanchi112
Surfer and the Hulk.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Placidity
Didn't Wolverine cut Deadpool's head off once and he said if he didn't get it reattached within minutes he was a goner?

Yeah, but thats because his head was still like, 'alive'.

Deadpool got melted to goo and healed in like, 3 panels.

Anyway, Surfer survives. If we allow healing then Logan and Hulk probably do, but only because of healing.

Cartesian Doubt
laughing

honestly though. i don't think it's outside the realm of possibility. not saying he can, just saying it might not be so cut and dry...

also, if superman did hv logan's brain, i wonder if he would grow back with his entire body reduced to cinders. i mean, if superman is using a concentrated blast, the heat it gives off alone should burn through flesh...

He's done it before. Wolverines powers defy common sense, and have some kind of meta physical connections. I.e. if his soul wins in some weird meta physical duel, his body survives. Well thats the recent interpretation, although a Sentinel Blast killed him in Thingy Future past.

Cartesian Doubt

That's according to the film, and no its susceptible to magnetic forces, as seen with Magneto.

godking

yeah, i said it... 313 Yes he can easily.

People seem to forget that the adamantium had to be liquid to be grafted to logans bones.

He did'nt just swallow some adamantium bars.

Considering that Supermans heat ray at full power is as hot as the sun yes he can liquify adamantium.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't claim to be a scientist but if it had no melting point wouldn't that mean it can absorb infinite energy?

There are common sense rules (Which don't apply to comics) that suggest otherwise. For example, if it absorbs all energy, then why the hell can we see it. ? I.e. it would act as a black hole, no light would be able to escape it. Also it would absorb all the heat from Wolverines Brain, meaning no metabolism. Also if Wolverines brain is entirely sealed off, where does it get the biological materials to sustain and repair itself ? This is why this debate is meaningless, unless you find that adamantium can be melted, and then whether Supes heat vision reaches these temps.

Badabing
durwave

zeel
well if someone is dumb enough to sit there and take it i guess mabey hulk,thor and surfer would survive i think. In all honesty if a superman clone did this to superman it have the same effect on supes as on the other combatants, it just would take a little longer.

Naija boy
Originally posted by godking
Yes he can easily.

People seem to forget that the adamantium had to be liquid to be grafted to logans bones.

He did'nt just swallow some adamantium bars.

Considering that Supermans heat ray at full power is as hot as the sun yes he can liquify adamantium. eek!

kgkg

Rage.Of.Olympus

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer

Superman's heat vision has been stated to be off the charts, immeasurably powerful etc. even when compared to Stars and Solar charts.

Norin and maybe Thor but not to sure with Thor. Probably wouldn't be able to survive the pressure. He would at least have some brain damage from the force of the power and heat.

Thor has survived in the Sun, without any discomfort before, so he is highly resistant like he is to everything else, but Superman's heat vision could be hotter than Stars etc. In a concentrated attack narrow enough, it can probably burn through the flesh and bone of Thor (A possibility).

Wolverine and the Hulk have healing factors, so after the attack, they could maybe regrow their brains.

That is, if it's only a concentrated beam of energy. A tiny beam aimed only and directly at their brains. Large enough it would eradicate their entire heads (Except Norrin and Thor maybe)

Either way, this things are hard to judge.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't claim to be a scientist but if it had no melting point wouldn't that mean it can absorb infinite energy? no.

i'm betting the only increase in temperature will be a heat spike lasting only minutes under superman's heat vision, maybe 10 minutes at the most.

i say this because adamantium's lack of a conceivable melting point is because it's molecules barely move, they stay as they are even under plasma level heat sources and beyond.

under superman's hv, it will definitely take in some heat but not long enough for it's molecules to vibrate till incandescence (producing visible light/heat), the next stage after that is metal melting/boiling. (that's what metals do when they absorb thermal energy)

infinite heat is only achievable i guess in the object that expanded (the big bang), all matter and energy was together so, to answer your question adamantium would NOT be able to absorb infinite energy since no substance can.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
That's according to the film, and no its susceptible to magnetic forces, as seen with Magneto. you quoted it but you apparently didn't read it. stick out tongue

zeel
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman's heat vision has been stated to be off the charts, immeasurably powerful etc. even when compared to Stars and Solar charts.

Norin and maybe Thor but not to sure with Thor. Probably wouldn't be able to survive the pressure. He would at least have some brain damage from the force of the power and heat.

Thor has survived in the Sun, without any discomfort before, so he is highly resistant like he is to everything else, but Superman's heat vision could be hotter than Stars etc. In a concentrated attack narrow enough, it can probably burn through the flesh and bone of Thor (A possibility).

Wolverine and the Hulk have healing factors, so after the attack, they could maybe regrow their brains.

That is, if it's only a concentrated beam of energy. A tiny beam aimed only and directly at their brains. Large enough it would eradicate their entire heads (Except Norrin and Thor maybe)

Either way, this things are hard to judge.

captian marvel and others have shrugged off his HV like it was a itch. this is a concentrated beam and the combatants are just sitting there alowing it to happen this is why its so dangerous.

psycho gundam

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer technically, they all can survive since a lobotomy ISN'T a lethal procedure, it's a crude way of treating mental issues. minus iron man, thor/wonderwoman will be the most effected since their healing factor is different than the other healers in this thread. logan and hulk can reform brain matter as long as some remains, hulk may even surpass wolverine in that department also.

so, considering their mental state, stark will be an invalid, but will live. thor and i assume diana as well would be out, but over time they van regain their full faculties. logan is back in a month maximum, and hulk is fine within an hour maximum, probably sooner.

surfer is unharmed.

Placidity
technically, they all can survive since a lobotomy ISN'T a lethal procedure, it's a crude way of treating mental issues. minus iron man, thor/wonderwoman will be the most effected since their healing factor is different than the other healers in this thread. logan and hulk can reform brain matter as long as some remains, hulk may even surpass wolverine in that department also.

so, considering their mental state, stark will be an invalid, but will live. thor and i assume diana as well would be out, but over time they van regain their full faculties. logan is back in a month maximum, and hulk is fine within an hour maximum, probably sooner.

surfer is unharmed.

The title says Lobotomy. But clearly, the process may go past that stage and just become Superman killing them with HV since OP says - concentrated fullpower beam for 10 secondss...

Jynocidus
I still think only Surfer is coming back from it.

* I mean, that's HV for ten whole entire seconds

Enyalus
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk is incredibly resistent to heat - remember he's already gone through Wormholes and blackholes without any form of protection.

if the H-V could actually penetrate, Hulk's HF would be replacing tissue at a rate to compensate.

remember too Hulk's had his spine ripped right through - twice - during a fight, only for it to heal up without him missing a beat (in the fight).

Yet Gladiator's HV f*cked up Hulk's body easily.

geshien
Deadpool

Raoul

i'm sorry but, where's the heat?

Eel O'Brien
i'm sorry but, where's the heat?

Wormholes are really hot. You didn't know!?!?

Raoul
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Wormholes are really hot. You didn't know!?!?

mhmm

Eel O'Brien
mhmm
whistling

Raoul
oh you...

Eel O'Brien
laughing out loud

xJLxKing
None of them survive without buffs. SS has the best chance. Wolverine becomes incinerated

Eel O'Brien
Who could survive Superman's Heat-vision Lobotomy?

not Agent Liberty...

Spire
Maybe only surfer.

starlock

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer

Surfer does not become brain dead

And something tells me that Logan would not become brain dead...10 seconds? and we dont know what it would do to adamantium?...i say within 10 seconds he heals fast enough to not become brain dead...but all of this is just my best guess

horrorwolf
Either logan or hulk would easily reform their brains in moments.

At best Superman might momentarily stun them. Wolverine would shrug it off in moments...and any version of Hulk>>>Wolverine's HF in both speed and potency.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Superman heat vision is seen to be superior to Stars themselves.

Wide enough and he can take of most of their heads (Norrin the expectation. Current Thor can take it and keep on coming certainly.)

Wild Shadow
lobotomy.. woverine and hulk recover in seconds or minutes..

everyone else like thor or tony might takes months to recovery if they recover at all...

the only one who could go completely unaffected by invulnerability and energy obsorbtion is SS..

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
lobotomy.. woverine and hulk recover in seconds or minutes..

everyone else like thor or tony might takes months to recovery if they recover at all...

the only one who could go completely unaffected by invulnerability and energy obsorbtion is SS..

True, Clarks HV directed at SS's dome would only serve to rejuvenate Surfer at worst.

cmack
i dont think regenerating is surviving persay, so im going to go with silver surfer

Wild Shadow
my whole assumption with wolverine is that the HV can penetrate his skull..

horrorwolf
Originally posted by cmack
i dont think regenerating is surviving persay, so im going to go with silver surfer

vs...Damage that doesn't last more than seconds?

Both Logan and Hulk can easily survive this - they could even sit there and let Superman burn away...they would still shrug this "lobotomy" off in minutes or possibly seconds in Hulk's case.

Spire
Wolverine's only hope is that is does penetrate. Otherwise his skull becomes super heated cooking his brain like eggs, melts all his facial tissue, connecting cartilage, etc. while his head separates from his spine and rolls onto the ground.

Whoa I got freaked out just typing that. Poor Logan...

cmack
Originally posted by horrorwolf
vs...Damage that doesn't last more than seconds?

Both Logan and Hulk can easily survive this - they could even sit there and let Superman burn away...they would still shrug this "lobotomy" off in minutes or possibly seconds in Hulk's case. personally i dont think wolverine would grow his brain back immediately, he would be down for the count,but hulk might be able to,but i im basing it off the x ray vision even piercing the skin, which i doubt would pierce silver surfers skin

Briane75
Originally posted by cmack
personally i dont think wolverine would grow his brain back immediately, he would be down for the count,but hulk might be able to,but i im basing it off the x ray vision even piercing the skin, which i doubt would pierce silver surfers skin

Dredging up an old thread here, but Unless Hulk has changed considerably, while the Hulk does possess an extreme healing factor, Banner does not. Vaporizing the brain would end all of the emotional triggers that start and maintain the hulk state, causing a reversion back to Banner.

Therefor, I'm saying..

Silver Surfer, that's it

Kris Blaze
Wanna say Thor and Surfer.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Wanna say Thor
no wai man thor isnt durabel enogh supes hv is hoter than stars n thor wud die he cant be in sun liek supes can duh!!!

Wild Shadow
thor can stay in the sun uneffected. he has done it in the past.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
thor can stay in the sun uneffected. he has done it in the past.
Positive?

Endless Mike
Swamp Thing easily

Enyalus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Swamp Thing easily
I didn't see him on the list...

Spire

Wolverine

Iron Man

Hulk

Swamp Thing easily

Thor

Wonder Woman

Silver Surfer

Brutacus
Originally posted by Briane75
Dredging up an old thread here, but Unless Hulk has changed considerably, while the Hulk does possess an extreme healing factor, Banner does not. Vaporizing the brain would end all of the emotional triggers that start and maintain the hulk state, causing a reversion back to Banner.

Therefor, I'm saying..

Silver Surfer, that's it

That doens't work he was once eaten by bugs the only thing left was a skelton and some flesh and his healing factor kicked in and he was fully healed in matter of minute's.

Briane75
Originally posted by Brutacus
That doens't work he was once eaten by bugs the only thing left was a skelton and some flesh and his healing factor kicked in and he was fully healed in matter of minute's.

Was this during the time Hulk and Banner were merged into one persona? That is to say, he never shifted out of hulk form?

Brutacus
Was this during the time Hulk and Banner were merged into one persona? That is to say, he never shifted out of hulk form?

Yes

Master Court
Originally posted by Brutacus

To go one further, Maestro (who is no longer all that powerful compared to modern Hulk) regenerated from atomic DUST after Prof Hulk sent him back to the original gamma bomb explosion to be obliterated.

Before saying "Oh, nukes can hurt Hulk, eh"?

In World War Hulk, they clearly stated that firing nukes would just make Hulk stronger. He's much much more powerful than he use to be. He's even more powerful than the last time Hulk and Superman met in a crossover, during which the Prof Hulk(not the most powerful Hulk) took a very heavy blast of heat vision and was healing faster than he could be damaged. Not to get into the Hulk vs Superman thing, but I'm just saying heat vision is not a way to go in fighting Hulk. He's taken worse and shrugged it off.

Master Court
Originally posted by Master Court

Sorry. Prick thing to say. But anti-Hulk fanboys like to clutch at straws. Not pointin fingers or anything. I'm just saying.

Bygones... cool

Enyalus
To go one further, Maestro (who is no longer all that powerful compared to modern Hulk) regenerated from atomic DUST after Prof Hulk sent him back to the original gamma bomb explosion to be obliterated.

In World War Hulk, they clearly stated that firing nukes would just make Hulk stronger. He's much much more powerful than he use to be. He's even more powerful than the last time Hulk and Superman met in a crossover, during which the Prof Hulk(not the most powerful Hulk) took a very heavy blast of heat vision and was healing faster than he could be damaged. Not to get into the Hulk vs Superman thing, but I'm just saying heat vision is not a way to go in fighting Hulk. He's taken worse and shrugged it off.
thumb up

Pretty sweet analysis there, MC.

Briane75

We already knew that, the aforementioned Maestro was created by nuclear war (Maestro was the Hulk amped up by the radiation of ww III if I recall correctly). However, Maestro had no Banner form to revert too, as the Hulk of that time (the one he would have been created from) was the fully integrated Hulk. In the crossover to which you refer, he took a blast of heat vision to the chest, which obviously did some damage because he reacted to the pain. I also specified the cornea of the eye, which is much less thick and resilient than the epidermis. The bonus is, it's *designed* to let light through, which means it's easy entry for heat vision.

Also, I believe the next couple panels of that fight was Hulk being buried under a mountain, unconscious smile

Kris Blaze
Positive?

Yes, positive.

Allankles
We already knew that, the aforementioned Maestro was created by nuclear war (Maestro was the Hulk amped up by the radiation of ww III if I recall correctly). However, Maestro had no Banner form to revert too, as the Hulk of that time (the one he would have been created from) was the fully integrated Hulk. In the crossover to which you refer, he took a blast of heat vision to the chest, which obviously did some damage because he reacted to the pain. I also specified the cornea of the eye, which is much less thick and resilient than the epidermis. The bonus is, it's *designed* to let light through, which means it's easy entry for heat vision.

Also, I believe the next couple panels of that fight was Hulk being buried under a mountain, unconscious smile

Good that you pointed out that Supes can attack Hulk's brain through his eyes without damaging a single cell of his eye .

He could definitely kill the Hulk with a lobotomy by affecting/disrupting the conscious part of his brain through concussive or surgical means (potentially reverting him to Banner) and then killing him.

Allankles
No one survives a lobotomy from this list. Maybe Surfer (but he's been ko'd by far less extreme attacks).

psycho gundam
you sure about that? sounds far fetched

janus77
Banner = Hulk.
Superman can't kill either.
H-V will only piss him off.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Good that you pointed out that Supes can attack Hulk's brain through his eyes without damaging a single cell of his eye .
He can't go the x-ray-to-heat-vision route in this thread. Read OP. stick out tongue

Allankles
you sure about that? sounds far fetched

Sure about what? His HV can pass through a person's retina without damagin it and be used concussively or surgically on the target's brain.

If Supes intends to kill with a lobotomy few on this list are surviving it. Also he can force his HV through the flesh of everyone on this list (using the more crude approach) with the possible exception of Surfer.

Enyalus
Also he can force his HV through the flesh of everyone on this list (using the more crude approach) with the possible exception of Surfer.
I don't think he'd get through Thor or his thick skull, either.

Allankles
He can't go the x-ray-to-heat-vision route in this thread. Read OP. stick out tongue

Right! Then for 10 seconds Surfer just about survives. Hulk has been damaged almost fatally by a similar attack before and I can see him getting ko'd and thus killed by the attack.

Thor probably dies too, he's not shrugging off the brain damage he'll get here. Diana's flesh was already burned through by HV and that was more like 3 seconds so she dies here.

Wolverine's brain gets turned into an omelet and then that omelet gets reduced to cinders of split carbon atoms. Ugly scene.

Iron Man: no comment.

Enyalus
Right! Then for 10 seconds Surfer just about survives.
I think Surfer survives pretty easily. Thor, not sure about...might go with your assessment. And while I agree with you on Wolvie, he is immortal, so it would all regen back. So that probably counts as surviving.

Mindset
Positive? He's not just positive, he's HIV positive.

Enyalus
He's not just positive, he's HIV positive.
Like I was in that other thread where I made the Freddy Mercury reference?

Allankles
I don't think he'd get through Thor or his thick skull, either.

Everyone here has dense bones (outside of Iron Man), and we're talking 10 seconds of HV beams concentrated into microscopically precise beams, that's death.

Mindset
None of them die, it's a lobotomy.

Enyalus
concentrated into microscopically precise beams,
Why would we be talking about that?

Unless he gets shrunk down to nanobot-levels again, his HV isn't 'microscopically' small. Its about the size of his own eyes, at least. stick out tongue

Its just focused in this thread and with the intent to kill.

Thor survives in the sun without any problems and tanks blasts from skyfathers on a semi-regular basis.

Enyalus
Ah. You win, good sir.

Nice catch.

Allankles
Why would we be talking about that?

Unless he gets shrunk down to nanobot-levels again, his HV isn't 'microscopically' small. Its about the size of his own eyes, at least. stick out tongue

Its just focused in this thread and with the intent to kill.

Thor survives in the sun without any problems and tanks blasts from skyfathers on a semi-regular basis.

It's not restricted by the size of his eye, where did you get that?

He can make his beams wide enough to affect a planet or microscopic to perform nanoscopic operations as he's done when making his own tech.

His eye size has nothing to do with size of his beams.

Mindset
microscopic to the perform nanoscopic operations as he's done when making his own tech. Got any examples?

Enyalus
He can make his beams wide enough to affect a planet or microscopic to the perform nanoscopic operations as he's done when making his own tech.
No, I get that. I've seen that.

But to say he's going to make it that minuscule against an opponent? That's not right. Anytime he's used HV in combat, it's been roughly the size of his eye or larger (mostly larger).

Allankles

None of them with the exception of Surfer survive according to the op's stipulations. And a good few of them will be killed as a consequenceof the force usesd. wink

Mindset
None of them with the exception of Surfer survive according to the op's stipulations. And a good few of them will be killed as a consequenceof the force usesd. wink They can survive Supes microscopic hv since it is just a lobotomy, if it where regular hv though...smile

psycho gundam
Ah. You win, good sir.

Nice catch. i posted that long ago.

mindset loses.

Mindset
i posted that long ago.

mindset loses. No one cared when you said it.

I win.

Briane75
Banner = Hulk.
Superman can't kill either.
H-V will only piss him off.

Not if the centers of the brain that allow you to become pissed off are gone.

Briane75
No, I get that. I've seen that.

But to say he's going to make it that minuscule against an opponent? That's not right. Anytime he's used HV in combat, it's been roughly the size of his eye or larger (mostly larger).

Got any examples?

Against Manchester Black of The Elite this is exactly what he did, microscopic heat vision through the retina to affect part of the brain. Supes, being Supes, only used it to cause a minuscule concussion to temporarily block access to a part of the brain, however he could have done permanent damage if he weren't so.. well, good.

Mindset
Against Manchester Black of The Elite this is exactly what he did, microscopic heat vision through the retina to affect part of the brain. Supes, being Supes, only used it to cause a minuscule concussion to temporarily block access to a part of the brain, however he could have done permanent damage if he weren't so.. well, good. That wasn't microscopic.

Allankles
Got any examples?

Several in the Kelly run on action comics he was shown to be able to use his telescopic vision to turn his HV into a microscopic beam. From his red sun watches to microdots his telescopic/microscopic vision and heat vision are used to make them.

Allankles
That wasn't microscopic.

telescopic and microscopic vision are essentially the same power, they deal with distance/size perception, essentially they are his sight powers.

In the manchester black scenario he used his telescopic vision to alter the size of his beams, his x-ray vision was used to see into Manchester Black's brain.

Briane75
Ah, you are correct, I went back to look. However it was smaller than his whole eye or wider, and given the Hulk's proportionally larger ocular orbs, certainly good enough to get the job done.

Mindset
telescopic and microscopic vision are essentially the same power, they deal with distance/size perception, essentially they are his sight powers.

In the manchester black scenario he used his telescopic vision to alter the size of his beams, his x-ray vision was used to see into Manchester Black's brain. Essentially being something, and actually being something, are two different things. smart

Allankles
They can survive Supes microscopic hv since it is just a lobotomy, if it where regular hv though...smile

None of them survive without brain damage with the possible exception of Surfer. And the likes of Iron Man (definitely), Wonder Woman, Hulk and Wolvie die (won't be far fetched to see them get fatally wounded).

I don't think the current version of Wolvie is regrowing something as complex as the brain given the damage he'll suffer.

Hulk would probably lose consciousness and that would be fatal.

Thor doesn't survive without brain damage either.

It's a matter of the force being used. They can all survive a lobotomy but brain damage is a given under the op's conditions and that will be fatal for most on the list.

d3str0ya10
Agent Zero!
Dead Pool
Wolverine
Sabretooth
Hulk
Lizard
Dr.doom
SS
galactus
Apocalypse

Mindset
None of them survive without brain damage with the possible exception of Surfer. And the likes of Iron Man (definitely), Wonder Woman, Hulk and Wolvie die (won't be far fetched to see them get fatally wounded).

I don't think the current version of Wolvie is regrowing something as complex as the brain given the damage he'll suffer.

Hulk would probably lose consciousness and that would be fatal.

Thor doesn't survive without brain damage either.

It's a matter of the force being used. They can all survive a lobotomy but brain damage is a given under the op's conditions and that will be fatal for most on the list. You're wrong on all accounts.

psycho gundam
hulk's brain should heal almost instantaneously at the microscopic level (surgical precision is all about cutting only the desired tissue). he would lose memories though.

Konton
Silver Surfer only.

Not many characters in general could survive. Other than energy sponges like Starfire or Ms. Marvel, this duration and intensity should kill most tangible characters who are any less durable than Superman himself.

Allankles
Originally posted by Konton
Silver Surfer only.

Not many characters in general could survive. Other than energy sponges like Starfire or Ms. Marvel, this duration and intensity should kill most tangible characters who are any less durable than Superman himself.

thumb up Under the op's stipulation this would likely be the case, unless you believe Hulk won't lose consciousness or wolvie's "mystical" HF will bail him out of losing total brain function with all the heat his brain will undergo via his metallic skull.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Konton
Silver Surfer only.

Classic Thor's already walked through Superman's heat vision without any problems at all, and Current Thor's durability apparently shits all over Classic's.

He survives fine. As does Surfer.

Allankles
Classic Thor's already walked through Superman's heat vision without any problems at all, and Current Thor's durability apparently shits all over Classic's.

He survives fine. As does Surfer.

He survived typical non lethal HV aimed at his armored chest, plenty of top tiers would have taken that blast with few problems, CM who has the same durability as BA has taken the same sought of blast. Thor was significantly hurt regardless.

Concentrated HV designed to lobotomized is another matter, surely.

Enyalus
Thor was significantly hurt regardless.
Not by the HV.

It may have been non-lethal. It was still Supes' intention to put him down with it. The fate of their universe was at stake if they lost and he had already taken a measure of his strength. No reason to hold anything back but the bare minimum. And again, Current Thor's durability is vastly superior.

How is bringing up CM relevant? CM's durability is excellent.

Allankles
Not by the HV.

It may have been non-lethal. It was still Supes' intention to put him down with it. The fate of their universe was at stake if they lost and he had already taken a measure of his strength. No reason to hold anything back but the bare minimum. And again, Current Thor's durability is vastly superior.

How is bringing up CM relevant? CM's durability is excellent.

I was just pointing out when his anti-hero opposite got a treatment of heat vision with more sinister intent his face was melted.

As far as the HV in JLA/Avengers you just supported my point, there's a difference between trying to shoot HV into Thor's brain and shooting at his armored chest to try and stop him in a comic battle.

The thing is Supes never uses his HV with the intent of burning through the flesh of his target in the comics not unless he's been pushed to the brink or is blood lusted, the Thor scenario was neither for him.

A great example was Brane's example with Manchester Black, Supes had been given a much more severe beating in that fight than anything Thor came close to inflicting on him.

The situations were completely different, he'd been pushed to the brink by Manchester Black and co.

james2099
Gladiator. Juggernaut, Ultraa, asorbing man, Ultron, Thane Ector. Plenty more.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by james2099
Thane Ector. sounds like a ghost's fart.

Enyalus
I was just pointing out
Just pointing out shit I don't want to hear. uhuh

Raoul
Guys:

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>