Package came today!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m.ramius
Finally got some new reading material in the mail today. Help me decide which one to crack open first!

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: War Games, Act Two - Tides
Watchmen
The Goon Volume 1: Nothin' But Misery

Galan007
"My package finally came today!"

That sounds...

herbhappy

... dirty.

willRules
Originally posted by m.ramius
Finally got some new reading material in the mail today. Help me decide which one to crack open first!

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns
Batman: War Games, Act Two - Tides
Watchmen
The Goon Volume 1: Nothin' But Misery

Well the two classics you have in there are Watchmen and Dark Knight returns. My personal favourite of the two? Watchmen yes Although I remember you saying when asking for reading suggestions for it to not be too political. Watchmen is very political yes

m.ramius
It's political...but early enough to not be filled with "OMG GEORGE BUSH IS SO EVIL HE IS LIEK HITLAR" cop-outs.

I read a few of these when they were first being published but never finished the run. I'm not sure why.

willRules
Oh it's a great storyline. Well written and some of the best character studies you will find in any comic. Everyone is perverse or corrupt or soured by their past in some way. It's a fantastic freakshow yes

m.ramius
You nailed it there...that's what I want: characters! smile

Hellboy is good, not because of the style of drawing (which is really cool anyway) but because Hellboy himself is an awesomely developed character. Not to mention the actual story is kick ass!

I don't know how Mignola did it, but there is absolutely no problem making the huge suspension of disbelief required. I can't wait to see the movies and find out if they're as good.

But anyway, back to Watchmen. It has the drawing style that I tend to like a little more. I don't know if there's a name for it or what...but it just looks like, well, a comic book! big grin

Bouboumaster
Watchmen

tjcoady
Oh, I LOVE the Goon!

Although the storyline really picks up in later volumes. The first one is more like raunchy madness. Still brilliant.

Digi
Keep personal stuff like this to discussion in other threads. It doesn't need its own thread. We're too busy a forum to allow each person to have threads like this.

Thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.