Can Wolverine catch a bullet?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wade Wilson
I remember readin a Wolverine/Darkness crossover and after seeing people discuss this topic desided to create the thread. Dunno if that feat is canon or not and I dunno if the darkness bullet is as fast as an ordinary sniper bullet, that's not the point. I want to hear your opinion on the subject. I've been Wolverine fan for YEARS and Im perfectly aware of what he's capable of, he could easilly deflect the bullet with his claws, his reflexes are that good. But CATCHING it just like that. I really dont think he's supposed to be capable of that. What do you think?

willRules
Originally posted by Wade Wilson
I remember readin a Wolverine/Darkness crossover and after seeing people discuss this topic desided to create the thread. Dunno if that feat is canon or not and I dunno if the darkness bullet is as fast as an ordinary sniper bullet, that's not the point. I want to hear your opinion on the subject. I've been Wolverine fan for YEARS and Im perfectly aware of what he's capable of, he could easilly deflect the bullet with his claws, his reflexes are that good. But CATCHING it just like that. I really dont think he's supposed to be capable of that. What do you think?

He shouldn't be able to do any of those things you mentioned, it's just writers hyping him up yes

Digi
moved to x-men forum

roleplay
He is training in Manifest Destiny. They are trying to have Logan depend less on his healing factor and more on his fighting abilities.

Wade Wilson
That doesn't explain him catching that bullet. I mean, he's been shot by snipers before. Even Mystique shot him recently but he never displayd the kind of speed to catch a bullet. Deflect or dodge, yes, but catch...no

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Wade Wilson
That doesn't explain him catching that bullet. I mean, he's been shot by snipers before. Even Mystique shot him recently but he never displayd the kind of speed to catch a bullet. Deflect or dodge, yes, but catch...no

You'd need the same level of speed to reflect a bullet as you would to catch it. It isn't a discrepancy in speed, its a discrepancy in strength. You'd need to be crazy strong to stop a bullet between you thumb and index finger.

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You'd need the same level of speed to reflect a bullet as you would to catch it. Not really. Daredevil can deflect bullets, give him Rhino's strength I doubt he'd be able to catch it.

Blight
Rino could catch a bullit. Hed just need to hold out his palm and wait...

Wade Wilson
It'd ricochet from his palm.

BlackZero30x
does it count if its like where he got shot in the head on the movie except make it the hand?... confused

Battlehammer
see no reason why he can't. The darkness cross over seem to be cannon to me. Not to mention Logan display the speed needed for the feat many times.

wannabe
Wolverine can catch bullets now??? huh
If that should be true, i can only say: It's really sad how some writers feel the need to boost an otherwise cool character to ridiculous levels, just to seemingly make him even more cool ... which they don't, imo. sick

Battlehammer
..........in logan 5th apearences or so he cut an advanced rocket power dart out of the air with ease........as well as dodged lasers......deflected advanced power darts.....bullets ect........

It not something new ugg statements like yours annoy me becuases they lack knowledge of the character they are speaking of and complain about writers upgrading a characters abilities.....when in fact that character shown that level of abiltiies since pritty much day one......

KingD19
Battlehammers' correct. On multiple occasions Wolverine has shown reflexes were catching a bullet would be possible. It would just be a matter of closing his hand when the bullet hit it.

Battlehammer
yup

Warrior18
I can envisage him catching single bullets etc.

But I can't imagine him catching automatic fire from multiple angles etc.

Battlehammer
he caught one bullet.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Warrior18
I can envisage him catching single bullets etc.

But I can't imagine him catching automatic fire from multiple angles etc.

I agree

Warrior18
Originally posted by Battlehammer
he caught one bullet.

Indeed.

Hasn't he also blocked/deflected gun-fire with his claws?

Battlehammer
yup or objects as fast or faster.

he also was able to put his claws into the barrle of a gun have the trigger was pulled but before the bullet left the champer

SamZED
Originally posted by KingD19
Battlehammers' correct. On multiple occasions Wolverine has shown reflexes were catching a bullet would be possible. It would just be a matter of closing his hand when the bullet hit it. If that's the case it'd be hard to tell if he actually caught it or if the adamantium bones stopped it. I mean, it would still remain in his hand. I still don't think he can do that. Deflect it with claws or even cut it, yeah no problem. But catch...no That's kind of like Elektra deflecting a bullet with her own fist.. And that one's actually canon but still weird.

KingD19
You make good points.

Nighty101
I wouldn't say he could catch a bullet. However because of his super senses he would probably be able to slice and dice it before it hit him. (If you want to argue about me with when he was shot in the movie he was in a state of shock). If he wasn't able to slice and dice hit (as shown in the movie) his healing factor would take care of that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.