Spider Man and The New Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roleplay
I have a question that has been bothering me for a long time. After Brand New Day, everyone forgot Peter was Spider Man right? So my question is why is he still on the New Avengers?

He did join the New Avengers because he felt he made a mistake with Iron Man right? So what is his main reason for sticking with the team now?

Has Spider Man referenced the Avengers during his solo series at all? (Or Civil War, Secret Invasion, House of M, etc?)

Magic_attack
This question belongs in the Spidey Questions thread but its no big deal.

Right after Brand New Day there was an issue of the New Avengers where he had his mask off. So I think it is just one big screw up on Marvels part.

The only thing that has crossed into Spidey's comics is the Thunderbolts, led by Osborn, coming after him. That tied into Anti-Venom. Other than that I havent seen him mention any of Marvel's Crisis, nor has he mentioned anything about the New Avengers.

If he has I might have missed it, but I pretty much keep up on Spidey.

Wade Wilson
I dont remember him taking off his mask in front of avengers in his series. Im still hoping they're gonna do something about this brand new day and pretend it never happened. Because there's no way of telling what did and what didnt happen to Spider-man, since 1962 because many characters at some point figured out his secret id. Like say Wolverine. Did that fight at the cemetry take place or didnt?

Arahan
Will read Spidey Comics again until BNW was retconned.
Seriously what did JQ smoke when he came up with that idea.

starlock
Maybe mephisto only retconned the unmasking in civil war.....i dont read spidey anymore...but steve rogers knew peter was spidey...and recruited him for the team...before he was unmasked....but since i dont read spidey anymore its just the impression i get.

roleplay
Also I'm sure the New Avengers would have some trust issues right? The only reason they recruited him after Civil War was because they knew who he was.

And again, what is his main reason for sticking with them after One more day?

H. S. 6
Marvel has yet to fully explore the details of Mephisto's deal with Peter. So really, we just don't know what did or did not happen in the past.

And yes, it is incredibly frustrating.

roleplay
Who else hated the What If Back in Black?

It was like their way of saying " See? It was a good thing Brand New Day happened"

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by roleplay
Who else hated the What If Back in Black?

It was like their way of saying " See? It was a good thing Brand New Day happened"

I actually enjoyed reading it because I like it when Spider-man stops holding back and goes berserk. Even though its non-canon I still liked it.

But really, the f@#king BND screwed EVERYTHING up. Even Osborn doesn't know Spider's secret id! Spider-man's arch foe is about to become marvel #1 villain! It could've turned into a huge event for Spider-man but now it all doesn't matter, because they don't go way back like they did before with Gwen's and Harry's deathes.

Arahan
Yeah I liked What If Back in Black too. But just as it was a What if Story.

It is always nice to see that Spiderman if he wants to can own almost everyone save the heavy hitters. The way he embarresed Tony and owned Kingpin..thats my boy.and dont forget that was the time when he had his upgrades.

I liked his new powers, the thing with Morlun, the mystical aspect about his powers. But now they are all gone together with everything else..

eastsidemaniac
why is it that people always shit on spidey? He makes that book sell!

Sparkz
I wouldn't mind half of the stuff in BND if they explained some of it, like Osbourn not knowing his ID, he just said something like "oh good he still can't remember my ID" with no explanation to why he can't, obviously they still go way back, but now it's only Spidey that goes way back with Osbourn, not Peter. I am hoping that Osbourn is going to use all his resources to hit Spidey with, it just will seem wrong if he decides to up his game before getting rid of Spidey, I know he did recently but it was only with the Thunderbolts, and he didn't do much to make Spidey look like such a bad guy like he did back in Identity Crisis.
At the end of the day if they want to keep this ret con they need to get to work on explaining why characters no longer know who he is, what stories apply and if they have changed how did they change.

For example, Matt Murdock probably doesn't know who Spidey is, so that would change the Sin Eater story, which could change Venom's origin's, so it would be nice to know what still applies...

Wade Wilson
Itd take them 40 more years to explain what did and what didn't happen.

callumseven
ive only just got back into spiderman comics coud someone message me to fill me in plzz

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by callumseven
ive only just got back into spiderman comics coud someone message me to fill me in plzz
When did you stop reading? I mean, what's the last thing you read?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Arahan
Yeah I liked What If Back in Black too. But just as it was a What if Story.

It is always nice to see that Spiderman if he wants to can own almost everyone save the heavy hitters. The way he embarresed Tony and owned Kingpin..thats my boy.and dont forget that was the time when he had his upgrades.

I liked his new powers, the thing with Morlun, the mystical aspect about his powers. But now they are all gone together with everything else..

Ok heres the stupid thing about that. Joe qhatever his last name is says that alll thats stuff happened and he did get his upgrades and everything. They state they will explain in future comics what happened to them.

And appreantly everyone remembers spiderman taking his mask off they just can't remember who he was

Wade Wilson
Originally posted by jalek moye
Ok heres the stupid thing about that. Joe qhatever his last name is says that alll thats stuff happened and he did get his upgrades and everything. They state they will explain in future comics what happened to them.

And appreantly everyone remembers spiderman taking his mask off they just can't remember who he was Where did you get this info from?

jalek moye
Originally posted by Wade Wilson
Where did you get this info from?

Joe Quesada soome of it was said in an interview with newsrama and other on he marvel website.

But yea he says everything happened with the upgrades and unmasking just that its clouded

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Wade Wilson
Where did you get this info from?

Joe douche-bag, said it in a conference, and it has been in articles. Just google it or search youtube.

Besides the Obama comic. I have stopped reading Amazing Spider-man. I still read New Avengers and Ultimate Spidey, but that is it.

Wade Wilson
Wait, if all that happened and the upgrades then why does he use web-shooters?

jalek moye
He said it will be revealed in future issues, but that he still had recieved all of his upgrades

Arahan
He has his upgrades WTF

Well I didnt read any Spidey Books since BND but shouldnt he
noticed that he has organic webbing, stingers, night vision.
stronger, faster, more durable.i dont stuff like that xD

why i have the feeling that things will get even more ****ed up
with the coming explanation.

jalek moye
He has his upgrades WTF

Well I didnt read any Spidey Books since BND but shouldnt he
noticed that he has organic webbing, stingers, night vision.
stronger, faster, more durable.i dont stuff like that xD

why i have the feeling that things will get even more ****ed up
with the coming explanation.
i have that feeling too. but Joe said that none of the upgrades were retconed and that he still un masked himself just that people can't seem to remeber who he was

Arahan
i have that feeling too. but Joe said that none of the upgrades were retconed and that he still un masked himself just that people can't seem to remeber who he was

From Marvel.com

seriously they dont even know
wtf is going on with spiderman themselves.

The bios says his powers were undone.
so much for Joe Qshitonmesadas quote.

Everything is just ****ed up.
Arrrgghh it just so annoying.
I got through the Clone Saga and the Gwen Stacy bitching
but I cant overcome this OMD.BND shit.

jalek moye
From Marvel.com

seriously they dont even know
wtf is going on with spiderman themselves.

The bios says his powers were undone.
so much for Joe Qshitonmesadas quote.

Everything is just ****ed up.
Arrrgghh it just so annoying.
I got through the Clone Saga and the Gwen Stacy bitching
but I cant overcome this OMD.BND shit.
Well since joe has control over it, i guess when they give the explanation the site will change

Wade Wilson
Quesada... "Ques" in arabic means "vagina". Coincidence?

Arahan
I found something new shitty in the Spiderman Universe.
Man so many mistakes sad

All right. In the Other arc Spiderman dies.
He is resurrected. His body was completley healed
from every injury he ever had. So basically
his body was cleaned.

Ok

In the BND Shit we get Anti Venom, right?
Anti Venom cleans not only the Symbiote in
Gargan also in Spiderman (together) with his
radioactive blood.

Anyway. In the Other his body was renewed.
So how the hell does he still have parts of the
symbiote in his BODY. I mean when he still has
his powers and everything else then his body
should be cleaned anyway.

Man I would more things if I would
investigate further more.

Joe Quesada, go to ****

SpyCspider
it's just one of those things that you'll have to live with if u keep reading comics. Sucks doesn't it?

There are no mentions of MJ or Aunt May, etc in any of the New Avengers since they forgot his identity.

The only clear indication we have is right before the Skrull Invasion and Spidey going with the NA to the Savage Land. By that time, he's got his original duds on and his face masked. The issue before that he was still in black so lots probably have happened between (ie, the Avengers/Invaders crossover) those 2 issues.

I had no problem with Spidey's identity exposed and blah blah. It woulda taken his adventures to new grounds. I don't care about his solo stories post OMD.

SpyCspider
http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Avengers/Profile/New-Avengers-51___339322

"How can the Avengers trust Spider-man if he won't take his mask off?"

Guess we'll hopefully get a little bit more answers from NA #51.

Arahan
Originally posted by SpyCspider
http://www.tfaw.com/Themes/Avengers/Profile/New-Avengers-51___339322

"How can the Avengers trust Spider-man if he won't take his mask off?"

Guess we'll hopefully get a little bit more answers from NA #51.

My crap sense is tingling sad

Battlehammer
wait a sec dident wolverine already let on he knows who spiderman is.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Battlehammer
wait a sec dident wolverine already let on he knows who spiderman is.
he's known for years. but bnd made it so that even he doesnt know, unless they got smart and realized that was retarted

Battlehammer
could have sworn recently he implied he knew who spiderman was.

Magic_attack
It doesn't matter much as all the New Avengers know his identity now.

SamZED
They do? How?

jalek moye
wait did he unmask himself?

Magic_attack
New Avengers 51

SamZED
wait did he unmask himself?
love your avatar, i remember I loled when I read that book. big grin

jalek moye
just read it yup he unmasked himself, I like it. His solo series is still dumb but i like him in new avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.