Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers- whats the dif?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
Are stormtroopers just clonetroopers renamed. Because I heard that normal men that were enlisted in the imperial army could be stormtroopers.
Or...
I am just being an idiot.

please post below if u know

Lord Lucien
Legit question if you don't know. The Empire renamed the clonetroopers into stormtroopers but continued to use clone batches (of other people than just Jango I think). But with the galaxy under its complete control the Empire could start recruiting naturals.

Cpt. Valerian
Yeah... I believe the first squads of stormtroopers in the Empire were actually clonetroopers... As years passed by, however, they probably became extinct.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Legit question if you don't know. The Empire renamed the clonetroopers into stormtroopers but continued to use clone batches (of other people than just Jango I think). But with the galaxy under its complete control the Empire could start recruiting naturals.

I coulda sworn that said clone bitches at first. I gotta go to sleep earlier.

alcantur
In Fact, at the beginning, exisiting clone trooper units became stormtroopers. But with the cloning facilities in Kamino at it's lowest production capability, the empire needed to start recruiting volunteers, and later even recruited people by the force.

The need of fresh, loyal and controlable units kept the need of clones, so the empire continued cloning, from more other sources than Jango Fett, as his genetic sample was destroyed in Kamino during the Clone Wars.

Imperial navy used more volunteers than clones, as most of the pilots and flight officers on the main vessels were non-clones (Biggs, Wedge, Baron Fel, and many othe rthat later joined rebellion). But Imperial army relied more on clone units for special assignements.

Some experiments were carried in some of those clone batches in order to have more controlable and/or ferocious elements.

Captain REX
Yup, the Empire started using other exceptional soldiers and officers for cloning once the Clone Wars were over, but the majority of the stormtroopers (at least by A New Hope) were recruits.

Cpt. Valerian
Actually, yeah, now I remember. In the novel 'Alliance', the main characters are stormtroopers, and they all state to have chosen to join the Empire.

Lord Lucien
And then there's the Stormtrooper academy on Carida.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.