John McClane vs El Mariachi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
They both get their weapons

Location is in the street and they can use house to try and hide if they wish to.

Sadako of Girth
LOL laughing out loud Good one. Sounds like a good match.
(How is Hugh Laurie involved though..? And how will hiding in him be of any use...? shifty )

Havent seen the Desperado movies in ages though.
Will have to rewatch them at some point.

I wanna say McClane if they run out of ammo of something happens that takes it H2H, and a slight lead in terms of coolness to El Mariachi maybe with the guns in that when he shoots you, he might play some cool riff for you afterwards. wink

Kazenji
Sorry what i was ment to say was

"Location is in the street and they can use nearby houses to try and hide if they wish to"

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I know, was I just being a dick. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
McClaine pwns El Mariachi h2h 9/10 (prolly 10/10), that's a no brainer. Guns? I'd say El Mariachi 7/10.

Sado22
yippie ka....*Mariachi shoots him dead*

El Mariachi pwns him royally in the gunfight bit. excellent marksman, insane accuracy, style and he can shoot an entire bar full of thugs down with just two 7round handguns.
h2h, meh, I say El Mariachi again. Mariachi did fight his way out of emprisonment without a gun with his hands tied. and he's physically stronger given that he was able to jump from one ledge to another with one hand while holding selma hayek ( love ) with the other. and he was able to tank being hit by a bus without much visible damage.

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
mu....he DID reload several times, you know.

Sado22
.....no expression
the point is that it wasn't a fast-action high capacity handgun or a submachine gun but a 7rounder.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, thats 14 rounds. McClaine has a 17 rounder. .....

Sadako of Girth
"16 in the mag...one up the pipe." stick out tongue

And judging on how fast he can offload those rounds, with McClanian accuracy, that doesn't look good for El Marachi caught in the open with with a 7 shots.

If McClane is firing from cover or ambushing, El Mariachi had better be able to play some soft guitar ballard for himself to die to.
(Providing McClane hasnt blown off his fingers in the onslaught.)

And McClane being McClane with his temper, that Guitar may be going awkwardly and violently up El Mariachi's arse anyways..

Sado22
dude, mcclane isn't half as good a shooter as Mariachi. you're going anal over him getting one good shot with the element of surprise on his side in DH but you're ignoring Mariachi killing every single gunmen in a fortress where they were waiting for him with a submachine guns and had their guns pointed at him. Mariachi killed ALL of them in a straight up gun fight. he did that again in the beginning of once upon a time in mexico. not to mention the bar scene in Desperado where he killed every one with on his own despite them carrying submachine guns like Mach10. more ofthen than not, Mariachi is the one single handedly taking down entire fortresses by himself but without the element of surprise unlike some crispie cream lucky shooter from new york.

but yeah, given mcclane's luck....mariachi's bullet jams on him at the perfect time while, Lulu from Fifth Element comes from out of nowhere and breaks his neck. and we're obviously counting that given that its mac's most potent weapon.

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
All we know is that Mariachi killed Bucho. For all we know his henchmen cowered and let him leave.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Sado22
yippie ka....*Mariachi shoots him dead*

El Mariachi pwns him royally in the gunfight bit. excellent marksman, insane accuracy, style and he can shoot an entire bar full of thugs down with just two 7round handguns.
h2h, meh, I say El Mariachi again. Mariachi did fight his way out of emprisonment without a gun with his hands tied. and he's physically stronger given that he was able to jump from one ledge to another with one hand while holding selma hayek ( love ) with the other. and he was able to tank being hit by a bus without much visible damage.

~Sado

Are you talking about the firefight from Desperado? If so, he was using .45's (semi automatics) as well as machine guns.

I'd say McClane takes this in both scenario's. He is just to goddamn resourceful.

Sadako of Girth
Very possible.

El Mariachi had better decapitate McClane.

Just to be sure.

But doing it might be another matter altogether.

Sado22
right, because the moment he kills bucho the rest of them take their guns out and Mariachi continues to shoot until it fades to white...it can only means one thing: they were gonna let him go.

dude, stop saying "semi automatics" to make it sound like he was using some great weapon. semi automatic is a doublespeak to make "squeeze trigger=shoot" sound threatening.
and i'm talking about the famous Bar gunfight.
and i don't recall him using machine guns at any point. he changed clips several times but he was only armed with the same guns and the only time he picked those mach10's was when he ran out of bullets and he and the last remaining guy were constantly switching between guns until he snaps his neck. he never used another gun at all.

if mcclane lives it'll only because of another one of his lucky flukes. and mariachi almost never missed his mark. he took out a church full of thugs starting with a two-round sawed off shotgun and later a mach10. on top of that almost everytime people are getting the drop on him.

Mariachi's accuracy>>mcclane
Maricahi's durability>mcclane
Mariachi's strength>mcclane
Mariachi's feats>mcclane
the pvssy that Mariachi gets>pussy (if any) that mcclane gets

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
right, because the moment he kills bucho the rest of them take their guns out and Mariachi continues to shoot until it fades to white...it can only means one thing: they were gonna let him go.

It's pretty much left open for interpretation. He could have just unloaded on Bucho. I have had this discussion with other people before.

Sado22
yes and the people behind him were getting ready to unload on him...which is why he kept on shooting even after Bucho falls.

jinXed by JaNx

dude, stop saying "semi automatics" to make it sound like he was using some great weapon. semi automatic is a doublespeak to make "squeeze trigger=shoot" sound threatening.
and i'm talking about the famous Bar gunfight.
and i don't recall him using machine guns at any point. he changed clips several times but he was only armed with the same guns and the only time he picked those mach10's was when he ran out of bullets and he and the last remaining guy were constantly switching between guns until he snaps his neck. he never used another gun at all.

if mcclane lives it'll only because of another one of his lucky flukes. and mariachi almost never missed his mark. he took out a church full of thugs starting with a two-round sawed off shotgun and later a mach10. on top of that almost everytime people are getting the drop on him.

Mariachi's accuracy>>mcclane
Maricahi's durability>mcclane
Mariachi's strength>mcclane
Mariachi's feats>mcclane
the pvssy that Mariachi gets>pussy (if any) that mcclane gets

~Sado

I only said Semi-automatic because it is a GREAT difference when compared to a revolver. Not only is the rate of fire intensified. The clips hold many more rounds. I wasn't trying to belittle mariachi's display i was just trying to clarify, man. I didn't know if you were talking about a scene in El Mariachi because i haven't seen that movie in years and remember very little of it. Yeah, you're right though, other that his two .45's he didn't use anything other than a sub machine gun which was used to take out just one guy

You can't equate McClanes accomplishments to luck. Yeah, the dude gets lucky but so does every other goddamned action star. If it weren't for luck we would have no good action movie's. The Mariachi gets as lucky as John McClane. Riggs gets as lucky as the Mariachi. Anytime a big bastard is involved in a 7-1 firefight and survives...,they got lucky but it isn't all luck that gets them through, skill also plays a factor. McClane taking out special forces units time and time again is not luck. That is called a certified badass. McClane has exhibited incredible marksmanship as well. He has taken out room fulls of killers too and everytime McClane kills someone, he is killing a trained killer. When the Mariachi kills someone he usually killing a hired goon. McClane has proved to be far more resourceful than Mariachi and has also displayed marksmanship on par with the big mexican. To disregard McClane and say that it is only luck that gets him through his shit is just bull shit. Go back and watch some of those movies. McClane usually has one BIG lucky moment in each movie. Other wise it his is courage, resourcefulness and talent that gets him the happy ending.

How do you say that Mariachi has more feats than McClane? McClanes feats make Mariachi look like a virgin.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
It's pretty much left open for interpretation. He could have just unloaded on Bucho. I have had this discussion with other people before.

Seriously, Rodriguez couldn't think of anything, thats why he ended it that way. laughing out loud

I agree with you though. Bucho was an ass hole. No one liked him. The only reason people wanted to work for him was because he had money. You take that source of money away, well, there is no more reason to respect him.

Rogue Jedi
yes and the people behind him were getting ready to unload on him...which is why he kept on shooting even after Bucho falls. We never see Bucho fall. And:

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Seriously, Rodriguez couldn't think of anything, thats why he ended it that way. laughing out loud

I agree with you though. Bucho was an ass hole. No one liked him. The only reason people wanted to work for him was because he had money. You take that source of money away, well, there is no more reason to respect him.

Sado22
yes we do. and bucho was cool in the same vein as Herr Starr was from Preacher i.e. black comedy and incompetence

Bucho: what's the number to the phone in my car?
Henchmen: *shrug*
Bucho: hey f0ckheads! what's the number to my car!?
Henchmen: *shrug*
Bucho: *picks up gun and shoots it in the air* WHAT IS THE F0CKING NUMBER TO THE PHONE IN MY CAR?!!!
hysterical

Rogue Jedi
Bottom line is that we never see Mariachi take on the posse. That he killed Bucho is a given, that was his mission.

Sadako of Girth
Good point.

He had a little help from his band. Didn't he..? (Wasn't the Bucho thing the 1st one...?)

Rogue Jedi
He killed Bucho one on one. The band helped with the posse Bucho sent to kill Mariachi.

And I dont think so.

Sadako of Girth
dude, mcclane isn't half as good a shooter as Mariachi. you're going anal over him getting one good shot with the element of surprise on his side in DH but you're ignoring Mariachi killing every single gunmen in a fortress where they were waiting for him with a submachine guns and had their guns pointed at him. Mariachi killed ALL of them in a straight up gun fight. he did that again in the beginning of once upon a time in mexico. not to mention the bar scene in Desperado where he killed every one with on his own despite them carrying submachine guns like Mach10. more ofthen than not, Mariachi is the one single handedly taking down entire fortresses by himself but without the element of surprise unlike some crispie cream lucky shooter from new york.

but yeah, given mcclane's luck....mariachi's bullet jams on him at the perfect time while, Lulu from Fifth Element comes from out of nowhere and breaks his neck. and we're obviously counting that given that its mac's most potent weapon.

~Sado

Its an asset, true, but every example you can pick with McClane being lucky, the luck is only another ingredient, as aI said in another thread, what you you think would have happened to Mcclane on that roof, if he hadnt wrapped a hose round himself and dived off of the side...? Would his luck have saved him against that massive c4 explosion if he just sat there on the roof just rubbing a four leaf clover and praying...?

Nope.

McClane makes a lot of his own luck.

Heh. His movies are replete with killings that werent ambushes and where there are no surprise atctics, so thats just wrongfully dismissive.

And McClane has wasted rooms full of better trained people than a half cut buncha thugs and sub-lackeys.

Sadako of Girth
He killed Bucho one on one. The band helped with the posse Bucho sent to kill Mariachi.

And I dont think so.

Ah. Ok. Thanks. smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Its an asset, true, but every example you can pick with McClane being lucky, the luck is only another ingredient, as aI said in another thread, what you you think would have happened to Mcclane on that roof, if he hadnt wrapped a hose round himself and dived off of the side...? Would his luck have saved him against that massive c4 explosion if he just sat there on the roof just rubbing a four leaf clover and praying...?

Nope.

McClane makes a lot of his own luck.

Heh. His movies are replete with killings that werent ambushes and where there are no surprise atctics, so thats just wrongfully dismissive.

And McClane has wasted rooms full of better trained people than a half cut buncha thugs and sub-lackeys. That was the deciding factor for me, the people Mariachi took on compared to McClaine.

The more I think on it, I am thinking h2h McClaine 9/10, gunfight even 5/10.

Sadako of Girth
Welome to the parrrrrrty, pallllllllllllllllllllllllllll. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Wait, as a police officer, isn't McClaine bound by morals to arrest Mariachi? haermm

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Karl's Brother:
"You wont hurt me....There are rules for policemen..."

McClane:
"So my captain keeps telling me...." *SMACK*

*McClane kills Karl's brother*

(McClane has exhibited 'shoot-first-and-arrest-whatevers-left-later' policies all through his movies. stick out tongue
He is therefore free to blast away.)

Rogue Jedi
"To serve and protect."

McClaines take on it "To kill with extreme prejudice."

Sadako of Girth
LOL If serving and protecting the public involves massacreing those poor innocent bad guys, then so be it. stick out tongue

Sado22
nice to see you two have formed a team.
can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Sadako of Girth
Que?
I walk the streets alonnnnnnnnnnnne, b*tches. stick out tongue

Ain't no chain gang here...
I recall you two agreeing a lot in other threads...is it a big problem that RJ agrees with me in this instance, for some reason to you...?

Lord Shadow Z
If John McClane catches El playing his guitar in one random moment in the gunfight then El's screwed. Thats why I side with McClane on this one- El gets distracted too much with his fondness for music and gets wasted.

Lord Shadow Z
yes we do. and bucho was cool in the same vein as Herr Starr was from Preacher i.e. black comedy and incompetence

Herr Starr is in an entirely different league to Bucho in terms of black comedy and incompetence. Have you seen what Herr Starr ends up looking like at the end of Alamo? As for black comedy Herr Starr is the master.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Que?
I walk the streets alonnnnnnnnnnnne, b*tches. stick out tongue

Ain't no chain gang here...
I recall you two agreeing a lot in other threads...is it a big problem that RJ agrees with me in this instance, for some reason to you...? I am a realist haermm

Sado22
of course i do! Preacher is by far the best graphic novel i've ever read.
and don't get me wrong. i said bucho is LIKE Herr Starr but he's by no means even close to what Herr Starr is. not by a longshot.

"My cock's in the b!tch's mouth. and not in a good way." laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
Wait, as a police officer, isn't McClaine bound by morals to arrest Mariachi? haermm laughing out loud

I just realized that. McClane has never actually arrested anyone. He has to be one of the only cops who kills everyone and is not a renegade vigilante.

Sado22
yeah he stays away from handcuffs cuz he knows he'll get owned h2h and doesn't want to risk it smile

jinXed by JaNx
well yeah, at least until he has to engage in hand to hand combat and then he wrecks everyone anyway. Anytime McClane faces off with another person in Hand to Hand combat. His opponent is always far more skilled, faster and stronger, yet he always pulls it out. Remember the German in Die Hard 1. That dude knew kung fu and he also had nine lives (literally). I mean, McClane beat his ass unconscious, then he shot him and hung him, yet that dirty German was still alive.

It wouldn't be a die hard movie if the hero went around Van Damming everyone just as it wouldn't be a John Woo movie if the Hero went around Steven Segalling everyone.

Sadako of Girth
Absolutely.

Did he bother with arrest procedure...? Or even bother trying..? Nope.

It makes me laugh with that in mind when he chews out those guys at the airport for allowing people through a crime scene pre-prints-taking..
Seems to be a stickler for procedure there, but not with arrest procedure it seems.

So I guess he is selectively anal about such things....
I guess arresting the corpse counts in McClane's way.

Hey.. where was John McClane on the day of the Stockwell shooting..?

jinXed by JaNx
Well, He only goes into murder death kill mode when he is outnumbered and overwhelmed by terrorists. At that point in the Airport he had no idea what to expect. It was only McClanes police intuition that suspected guys with automatics in the baggage area may possibly mean a terrorist operation was unfolding. Because, yeah, no other cop would think that.

The Stockwell incident is one time that McClane failed. He decided to take a few more minutes crunching carpet between his toes and thats why he didn't make it in time.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue Very true, all that.

So the cops just imitated McClane's procedure, rather than it having been him...?

Sadako of Girth
Fistsssss withhh yourrr toeeeeeeeeees....

Rogue Jedi
McClane pwns El Mariachi h2h 9/10 (prolly 10/10), that's a no brainer. Guns? I'd say El Mariachi 7/10.

Nightstick
I figure a gun battle'd go to El. Between more weapons and his quick draw sleeve rig. He can put out more fire faster. On the other hand McClane ought to win a H2H bout. He simply has more, not to mention better H2H feats. Though in both case the winner is going to have to work for it.

Rogue Jedi
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.