Silver surfer/thanos vs takion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
No bfr

guy222
team

quanchi112
Either of the team solo.

psycho gundam
wait till fangirl sees this...

Zack Fair
O RLY?

guy222
When she does, I hope the posts are cool

The forum is trying to stay open and we all don't need shoutfests because DC wanna win or the Marvel side wins

Its a comic book

Enyalus
Team. Easily.

Raoul
any reason why this isn't a spite thread?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Raoul
I'm sure someone will step in to say why Takion has the advantage(or at least a legitimate shot)...

iceman24567
any reason why this isn't a spite thread? Yeah because Takion >>> Thanos and Surfer laughing

Naija boy

Because Takion is powerd by TEH SOURCE !!!

guy222

I didn't make it good buddy stick out tongue

Nihilist
team

Slaanesh
team easily..

Batman-Prime
Is this a bait thread? I don't understand the animosity between the DC and the Marvel folks...

Anyway, since Takion is Highfathers replacement, which puts him almost on the same level as DS, tough DS is more powerful and more experienced, I think he wouldn't go down fast... but he would

Takion >> SS

Thanos >= Takion IMO

Team 10/10

guy222
Hey buddy

Like I said previously, a couple of these threads involving marvel and dc characters are nothing but shoutfests like Beyonder ones in the past

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wait till fangirl sees this...

you mean, nvr? fangirl seems like a sock of his.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
you mean, nvr? fangirl seems like a sock of his. Where the hell have you been?

Southern_Rebel
Originally posted by quanchi112
Where the hell have you been?

I was going through Basic Training in the Army. They didn't allow us to get on the internet at anytime during training.

quanchi112
I was going through Basic Training in the Army. They didn't allow us to get on the internet at anytime during training. Are you back for good now?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Naija boy
Because Takion is powerd by TEH SOURCE !!!

The Source isn't very much unlike the Crunch energies.

Which powered 2 beings that would humiliate Thanos and Surfer smile

Naija boy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The Source isn't very much unlike the Crunch energies.

Which powered 2 beings that would humiliate Thanos and Surfer smile

Huh?dontgetit

Kris Blaze
team.

Huh?dontgetit

Having a hard time reading?

Naija boy
team.

Having a hard time reading?

No i was just wonderin if u were implying that T and A and takion are on the same level.

Mindset
team.

Having a hard time reading? Are you having a hard time being gay?

I DOUBT IT!

uhuh

Southern_Rebel
Are you back for good now?

Nah, I'll be coming and going at different intervals...such as when I have to go into the field for training exercises.

quanchi112
Nah, I'll be coming and going at different intervals...such as when I have to go into the field for training exercises. No more bouncer drifter, eh.

Southern_Rebel
No more bouncer drifter, eh.

lol...nah...not unless I wanted a night job again...but, I doubt I'll go that route again.

quanchi112
lol...nah...not unless I wanted a night job again...but, I doubt I'll go that route again. Good to see you back.

Southern_Rebel
Good to see you back.

Thanks man...good to be back...good chatting with ya again!!!

skyfather
bump

iceman24567
Its spite it should be closed not bumped.

Mindset
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you having a hard time being gay?

I DOUBT IT!

uhuh lol

yes, i laugh at my own jokes

iceman24567
It wasnt funny no expression

Mindset
Originally posted by iceman24567
It wasnt funny no expression How would you know, you can't even read.

fangirl101
takion. there is nothing the duo can do to harm takion. nothn.

iceman24567
How would you know, you can't even read. Thats where your wrong I can't spell for my life but I read enough to make my eyes hurt sad

Enyalus
Team. There is nothing Takion can do to harm Team. Nothing.

psycho gundam
you mean, nvr? fangirl seems like a sock of his. innocent

Naija boy
Team easy.

quanchi112
Thanks man...good to be back...good chatting with ya again!!! Let's get back to hating each other. How long do you think it will take?

fangirl101
There is Nothing the Duo can do to Takion. He's far beyond either. He's shown to outclass shazam and an old God. He's provided highfather with an amp sufficiant enough to actually reorder the celestial city. He's reversed the flow of the source and actually taken Orion from the source. He's pushed against the God waved and breifly stalemated it. With his own powers. NO manipulation like what surfer did. He cannot be harmed or killed unless by source powered beings. He can be scattered across the cosmos and pull himself back together. He can look at his opponents and use his omnicient powers to know about them. The duo are just outdone. No amount of marvel wanking will change that. Takion is like the freaking JLU amazo. It's exactly where they got the idea from.

quanchi112
Originally posted by fangirl101
There is Nothing the Duo can do to Takion. He's far beyond either. He's shown to outclass shazam and an old God. He's provided highfather with an amp sufficiant enough to actually reorder the celestial city. He's reversed the flow of the source and actually taken Orion from the source. He's pushed against the God waved and breifly stalemated it. With his own powers. NO manipulation like what surfer did. He cannot be harmed or killed unless by source powered beings. He can be scattered across the cosmos and pull himself back together. He can look at his opponents and use his omnicient powers to know about them. The duo are just outdone. No amount of marvel wanking will change that. Takion is like the freaking JLU amazo. It's exactly where they got the idea from. Most of this is fluff. Thanos or surfer solo him. Either one as they have actually engaged and have multiple feats that trump Takion imo.

King Kandy
There is Nothing the Duo can do to Takion. He's far beyond either. He's shown to outclass shazam and an old God. He's provided highfather with an amp sufficiant enough to actually reorder the celestial city. He's reversed the flow of the source and actually taken Orion from the source. He's pushed against the God waved and breifly stalemated it. With his own powers. NO manipulation like what surfer did. He cannot be harmed or killed unless by source powered beings. He can be scattered across the cosmos and pull himself back together. He can look at his opponents and use his omnicient powers to know about them. The duo are just outdone. No amount of marvel wanking will change that. Takion is like the freaking JLU amazo. It's exactly where they got the idea from.
To be honest this duo could do most of tht and the stuff they can't Takion could only due because he has a special relationship with the source.

fangirl101
Most of this is fluff. Thanos or surfer solo him. Either one as they have actually engaged and have multiple feats that trump Takion imo. That's your best retort? I"m reporting you for trolling.

fangirl101
Originally posted by King Kandy
To be honest this duo could do most of tht and the stuff they can't Takion could only due because he has a special relationship with the source. No the duo cannot. Niether can over power an old god or be shown to be superior to shazam. Niether could press against the Godwave. Neither could reverse the god damned flow of the entier source. And niether have shown the time manipulation abilities he has. The best surfer has done is travelled thru time. Ug at the wanking. I'm tired of it. The duo cannot win. What are they gonna do to him? If they fire energy, he'll just absorb it.

quanchi112
That's your best retort? I"m reporting you for trolling. So the loads of feats they have don't eclipse what you just posted. Go ahead and report you hypocrite. That is the reason this forum lost its way. I haven't reported one thing since they warned us this board was close to shutting down.

If you want to waste the mods time be my guest.

quanchi112
No the duo cannot. Niether can over power an old god or be shown to be superior to shazam. Niether could press against the Godwave. Neither could reverse the god damned flow of the entier source. And niether have shown the time manipulation abilities he has. The best surfer has done is travelled thru time. Ug at the wanking. I'm tired of it. The duo cannot win. What are they gonna do to him? If they fire energy, he'll just absorb it. What has Shazam done without one sided prep and his realm to make you say this?

fangirl101
What has Shazam done without one sided prep and his realm to make you say this? You mean besides having the power of captain marvel, teth, billy, and mary all within himself. you do realize that he's more powerful and stronger than all of them combined right? He was thier power source. It's why they called HIS name. Fvck it. You will continually do the same shit over and over and demean anyone who is against Thanos in a thread.

Zoron
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yeah because Takion >>> Thanos and Surfer laughing confused sick erm huh no messed whistle thumb down no

iceman24567
Originally posted by Zoron
confused sick erm huh no messed whistle thumb down no Your face is sick

Zoron
There is Nothing the Duo can do to Takion. He's far beyond either. He's shown to outclass shazam and an old God. He's provided highfather with an amp sufficiant enough to actually reorder the celestial city. He's reversed the flow of the source and actually taken Orion from the source. He's pushed against the God waved and breifly stalemated it. With his own powers. NO manipulation like what surfer did. He cannot be harmed or killed unless by source powered beings. He can be scattered across the cosmos and pull himself back together. He can look at his opponents and use his omnicient powers to know about them. The duo are just outdone. No amount of marvel wanking will change that. Takion is like the freaking JLU amazo. It's exactly where they got the idea from. thumb down thumb down thumb down thumb down no

quanchi112
You mean besides having the power of captain marvel, teth, billy, and mary all within himself. you do realize that he's more powerful and stronger than all of them combined right? He was thier power source. It's why they called HIS name. Fvck it. You will continually do the same shit over and over and demean anyone who is against Thanos in a thread. So, you can't name one thing?

fangirl101
Originally posted by Zoron
confused sick erm huh no messed whistle thumb down no
Name Ten abilities that Takion possesses.

While you are at it, Name what it would take to defeat him.

Oh.

You can't.

How many Takion books do you own? New gods? What's that?

None?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112

Oh.

You can't.

None?

roll eyes (sarcastic) How do you know he doesn't own any new gods books?

fangirl101
So, you can't name one thing?
I"m going to put you back on perma ignore unless you can name something that Surfer and Thanos can do that is going to harm Takion. While you are at it, how are they going to hit him when he can step inbetween seconds, and scatter himself across the cosmos at will. Name some of thier options please. I'm waiting. If you don't name something, and you do that thing you do where you kinda just know you are beat and make some kind of meh statement, I'm gonna block. Ready, set, go.

Mindset

Oh.

You can't.

None?

roll eyes (sarcastic) DC defers to Zoron when they need info on Takion

quanchi112
I"m going to put you back on perma ignore unless you can name something that Surfer and Thanos can do that is going to harm Takion. While you are at it, how are they going to hit him when he can step inbetween seconds, and scatter himself across the cosmos at will. Name some of thier options please. I'm waiting. If you don't name something, and you do that thing you do where you kinda just know you are beat and make some kind of meh statement, I'm gonna block. Ready, set, go. Thanos can force block imprison. His shields will be up. Surfer can basically do anything he wants to. Blackholes,etc.

fangirl101
Thanos can force block imprison. His shields will be up. Surfer can basically do anything he wants to. Blackholes,etc.
LULz. Takion made a black hole by Accident and then controlled it with pin point accuracy on his first day when he didn't know what he was doing. Thanos can foce block imprisson and you think that's going to even hit takion who's >>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos when it comes to energy manip and speed. Lulz. They can't beat him.

King Kandy
I"m going to put you back on perma ignore unless you can name something that Surfer and Thanos can do that is going to harm Takion. While you are at it, how are they going to hit him when he can step inbetween seconds, and scatter himself across the cosmos at will. Name some of thier options please. I'm waiting. If you don't name something, and you do that thing you do where you kinda just know you are beat and make some kind of meh statement, I'm gonna block. Ready, set, go.
Quanchi: Prove X.

fangirl: Troll how come you haven't proved Y? I'm reporting you. Blah blah blah... (X goes unproven)

fangirl101
Quanchi: Prove X.

fangirl: Troll how come you haven't proved Y? I'm reporting you. Blah blah blah... (X goes unproven)
King kandy comes in thread and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Quanchi's prove x had nothing to do with Takion, Thanos, or Surfer. Which is why I ignored him on that end. It's a tactic he uses a lot. Next time pay attention.

King Kandy
King kandy comes in thread and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Quanchi's prove x had nothing to do with Takion, Thanos, or Surfer. Which is why I ignored him on that end. It's a tactic he uses a lot. Next time pay attention.
You claimed facing Shazzan was a great feat of Takion. So it's perfectly valid to question Shazzan's power as that in turn brings Takion's power into question. Learn to debate.

fangirl101
You claimed facing Shazzan was a great feat of Takion. So it's perfectly valid to question Shazzan's power as that in turn brings Takion's power into question. Learn to debate. YOuU learn to read. I said Takion was shown to Be SUPERIOR to shazam. Facing shazam was never brought up. Quanchi always wants battle feats. Which is silly to me since some beings dont' need to have battle feats when thier actual power supplies the power of other beings who do have battle feats. Duh.

King Kandy
IMO the team here is more powerful than Shazzan by far, I don't think Shazzan is close to Odin who would easily defeat Takion and since Thanos's latest upgrade he is beyond skyfather in power, in fact he can defeat cube beings in his current form. Takion is high transcendent at best.

fangirl101
IMO the team here is more powerful than Shazzan by far, I don't think Shazzan is close to Odin who would easily defeat Takion and since Thanos's latest upgrade he is beyond skyfather in power, in fact he can defeat cube beings in his current form. Takion is high transcendent at best.
To the marvel wankers he is. But to anyone with a clue Takion is beyond trans tier. And to say that The team is more poweful than Takion is a hoot. But from you, I do understand. You have nearly no respect for any dc cosmics. So why am I bothering? Oh and thanos beyond skyfather power? Lulz.

And odin easily defeat takion? LMAO. He couldn't even easily defeat Thanos and Takion is clearly far superior to thanos. Unless you think Thanos can simply reverse the polarity of The heart of the U.

King Kandy
To the marvel wankers he is. But to anyone with a clue Takion is beyond trans tier. And to say that The team is more poweful than Takion is a hoot. But from you, I do understand. You have nearly no respect for any dc cosmics. So why am I bothering? Oh and thanos beyond skyfather power? Lulz.

And odin easily defeat takion? LMAO. He couldn't even easily defeat Thanos and Takion is clearly far superior to thanos. Unless you think Thanos can simply reverse the polarity of The heart of the U.
If you think he is beyond trans tier you should go argue in the tier thread because they don't think he is. Thanos is beyond skyfather level since he has been upgraded and has easily been shown to pwn cube beings and send Galactus flying. Odin can beat Takion easily he has the feats showing he has the power and skill necessary to defeat any other trans or skyfather level being. Thanos can control the energies of THOTU through pure willpower he did it in the end. TOAA selected him because no other character had the will necessary.

quanchi112
LULz. Takion made a black hole by Accident and then controlled it with pin point accuracy on his first day when he didn't know what he was doing. Thanos can foce block imprisson and you think that's going to even hit takion who's >>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos when it comes to energy manip and speed. Lulz. They can't beat him. So, you just proved that Takion isn't as experienced with his powers as the Surfer is. Nicely done.

Thanos hit Odin when he stood there. it will hit its target and since Thor couldn't escape I don't see Takion escaping. Thanos could just beat him down as well.

quanchi112

And odin easily defeat takion? LMAO. He couldn't even easily defeat Thanos and Takion is clearly far superior to thanos. Unless you think Thanos can simply reverse the polarity of The heart of the U. Saying someone is far superior to Thanos isn't the same as proving someone is far superior to Thanos.

Nihilist
takion stalled the godwave for a while,which is impressive.but thanos withstood from inside the naked energy of the hotu instantly mastering it(it took the celestial order over 2,000 yrs) and surfer sustained the energy of the crunch,together their feats are greater than takions

The Nuul
Team stomps.

Southern_Rebel
Let's get back to hating each other. How long do you think it will take?

laughing

Nah, not worth it. It's just comics. Besides, I like KMC...and I don't want to see the Comics forums shut down due to all the fussing and fighting that already goes on around here.

Enyalus
I"m going to put you back on perma ignore unless you can name something that Surfer and Thanos can do that is going to harm Takion.
Punch him really, really hard?

Allankles
If you think he is beyond trans tier you should go argue in the tier thread because they don't think he is. Thanos is beyond skyfather level since he has been upgraded and has easily been shown to pwn cube beings and send Galactus flying. Odin can beat Takion easily he has the feats showing he has the power and skill necessary to defeat any other trans or skyfather level being. Thanos can control the energies of THOTU through pure willpower he did it in the end. TOAA selected him because no other character had the will necessary.

Thanos is low skyfather at best. Throwing a smaller Galctus (in terms of his size) is not some above skyfather feat. He never hurt Galactus and fully admitted he had only served to irritate him. An above skyfather would actually have hurt Galactus not just throw him back with a concussive blast.

Mindset
Originally posted by Allankles
Thanos is low skyfather at best. Throwing a smaller Galctus (in terms of his size) is not some above skyfather feat. He never hurt Galactus and fully admitted he had only served to irritate him. An above skyfather would actually have hurt Galactus not just throw him back with a concussive blast. Thanos is at least mid range skyfather, don't underrate him because you think Quan/Kandy are overrating him.

Allankles
Thanos is at least mid range skyfather, don't underrate him because you think Quan is overrating him.

At least midrange, how so? He mostly operates with physical attacks he doesn't do the stuff you'd expect skyfathers to do. At his best he's a skyfather, but he's really only demonstrated the bare essentials for that tier.

Mindset
At least midrange, how so? He mostly operates with physical attacks he doesn't do the stuff you'd expect skyfathers to do. At his best he's a skyfather, but he's really only demonstrated the bare essentials for that tier. Hmm that's odd, I seem to remember hearing people say SMP is skyfather, but wait he has less range of attacks than Thanos, so that can't be.

He showed the ability to easily take out high level heralds, SS, and he showed a pretty good battle with Odin, even if he was on the losing end. Since then he has had his powers upgraded. He also has a wide range of powers. Just because he chooses to use mainly energy blasts in attacks doesn't really matter.

darthgoober
Thanos is low skyfather at best. Throwing a smaller Galctus (in terms of his size) is not some above skyfather feat. He never hurt Galactus and fully admitted he had only served to irritate him. An above skyfather would actually have hurt Galactus not just throw him back with a concussive blast.
What makes you think that someone like a high skyfather would have actually hurt Galactus?

King Kandy
He is at least above Odin level as he was shown to defeat cube beings which are above skyfather in his latest incarnation and has knocked off Galactus's hat which no other person has been able to do in marvel history.

iceman24567
He is at least above Odin level as he was shown to defeat cube beings which are above skyfather in his latest incarnation and has knocked off Galactus's hat which no other person has been able to do in marvel history. No way you are using horrible logic. The Maker win doesn't automatically make Thanos above Odin thats crazy laughing

Allankles
So, you just proved that Takion isn't as experienced with his powers as the Surfer is. Nicely done.

Thanos hit Odin when he stood there. it will hit its target and since Thor couldn't escape I don't see Takion escaping. Thanos could just beat him down as well.

I'm not to sure typical physical attacks can undo Takion. As long as the Source endures, so does Takion. In Genesis the Source was in peril, in DOTNG he was killed at the behest of the Source.

And someone compared HOTU to the godwave? That's ignoring context. HOTU was a power well that could be harnessed. Godwave was ultimate destruction rushing toward Takion.

Allankles
Originally posted by darthgoober
What makes you think that someone like a high skyfather would have actually hurt Galactus?

That was in reference to Thanos being above skyfather, leave alone high skyfather.

darthgoober
That was in reference to Thanos being above skyfather, leave alone high skyfather.
Yes I know, but I've heard this line of thinking before so I know how far it goes 9 times out of 10. Put it this way, how impressive do you rate his feat with Galactus? Like sub-skyfather feat, skyfather feat, or above skyfather feat? Do you think a blast from Odin would have done more damage to a well fed Galactus?

Mindset
Hmm that's odd, I seem to remember hearing people say SMP is skyfather, but wait he has less range of attacks than Thanos, so that can't be.

He showed the ability to easily take out high level heralds, SS, and he showed a pretty good battle with Odin, even if he was on the losing end. Since then he has had his powers upgraded. He also has a wide range of powers. Just because he chooses to use mainly energy blasts in attacks doesn't really matter. Waiting for a response

Allankles
He is at least above Odin level as he was shown to defeat cube beings which are above skyfather in his latest incarnation and has knocked off Galactus's hat which no other person has been able to do in marvel history.

If you're talking about Maker, considering the circumstances she wasn't even Odin level. Whether you choose to believe her power is above Odin, she was a lot more vulnerable than Odin regardless.

I hope you're not serious about the knocking off his hat bit? Thanos has powerful concussive blasts, certainly enough to push down a small sized Galactus if he doesn't steel himself for the attack.

Enyalus
If you're talking about Maker, considering the circumstances she wasn't even Odin level. Whether you choose to believe her power is above Odin, she was a lot more vulnerable than Odin regardless.

The Maker is just the Beyonder in mortal form. Her senses were screwed up. Too much input. That's it. That's the only difference between post-retcon Beyonder and The Maker.

And as far as 'pushing Galactus down' - he blasted him through his own spaceship and halfway across a moon. Quit downplaying it.

Allankles
Yes I know, but I've heard this line of thinking before so I know how far it goes 9 times out of 10. Put it this way, how impressive do you rate his feat with Galactus? Like sub-skyfather feat, skyfather feat, or above skyfather feat? Do you think a blast from Odin would have done more damage to a well fed Galactus?

Odin's best attack would have been a little more than an irritation. If we believe the stuff about him wrecking galaxies and shaking the universe etc. It at least suggests that he'd have a better shot than Thanos.

King Kandy

I hope you're not serious about the knocking off his hat bit? Thanos has powerful concussive blasts, certainly enough to push down a small sized Galactus if he doesn't steel himself for the attack.
Galactus has faced plenty of people with strong concussive blasts but none have de-hatted him, that is something only Thanos had the power to do.

Maker was just confused. I'm not going to discard a feat just because it was against a confused person.

darthgoober
Odin's best attack would have been a little more than an irritation. If we believe the stuff about him wrecking galaxies and shaking the universe etc. It at least suggests that he'd have a better shot than Thanos.
That doesn't really answer the actual question. How impressive of a feat is it for Thanos? What tier does the feat qualify him for in your opinion?

Allankles
Originally posted by Enyalus
The Maker is just the Beyonder in mortal form. Her senses were screwed up. Too much input. That's it. That's the only difference between post-retcon Beyonder and The Maker.

And as far as 'pushing Galactus down' - he blasted him through his own spaceship and halfway across a moon. Quit downplaying it.

I'm not downplaying it, I'm arguing with the fact that throwing a small sized Galactus makes you above skyfather. Look at Galactus' size, given his dimensions it doesn't surprise me, since heavy concussive beams are Thanos' mo.

Enyalus
I'm not downplaying it, I'm arguing with the fact that throwing a small sized Galactus makes you above skyfather.

Ah. Well, I don't think he's above skyfather either, so I'm not going to argue that. stick out tongue

Mindset
Waiting for a response still waiting for a response Allan erm

Allankles
still waiting for a response Allan erm

Dude, what?

Mindset
Hmm that's odd, I seem to remember hearing people say SMP is skyfather, but wait he has less range of attacks than Thanos, so that can't be.

He showed the ability to easily take out high level heralds, SS, and he showed a pretty good battle with Odin, even if he was on the losing end. Since then he has had his powers upgraded. He also has a wide range of powers. Just because he chooses to use mainly energy blasts in attacks doesn't really matter. blind bastard

iceman24567
Lulz

Allankles
Ah. Well, I don't think he's above skyfather either, so I'm not going to argue that. stick out tongue

The feat by itself examined in terms of raw power isn't that impressive. I guess people get carried away because it was an energy beam that did the trick.

SBP or any super strong top tier with speed could have replicated the feat, flying onto Big G and then throwing him across the ground.

Examined in terms of raw power it wasn't that a big a deal for someone on Thanos level that has concussive beams, especially when Galactus was pretty much only about 20 ft in size in that scenario.

iceman24567
Prime would have punched his head off no expression

Enyalus
The feat by itself examined in terms of raw power isn't that impressive. I guess people get carried away because it was an energy beam that did the trick.

SBP or any super strong top tier with speed could have replicated the feat, flying onto Big G and then throwing him across the ground.

no

Allankles

He showed the ability to easily take out high level heralds, SS, and he showed a pretty good battle with Odin, even if he was on the losing end. Since then he has had his powers upgraded. He also has a wide range of powers. Just because he chooses to use mainly energy blasts in attacks doesn't really matter. blind bastard

You first post didn't make it clear you were addressing me, I thought you were talking to iceman or something.

Now I don't consider SBP a skyfather, he has strength and durability to contend with skyfathers but outside of that it's difficult to regard him as a skyfather.

You can check post history to confirm this, if you think I'm trying to dodge your argument. I consider Thanos a skyfather but mostly on the lower end of that tier, that's just personal interpretation.

Keeping things in perspective, remember that top tiers can have better feats than some Trans level or skyfathers e.g. on the face of things T&A are more powerful than Thanos but SS is below Thanos, it's still a pretty huge feat for SS using the PC.

Allankles
no

Big G isn't known for evading attacks, so if those guys come flying in at top speed, against an undersized Big G, they could certainly achieve a suprise knock down and send him flying. Remember that some of these top tiers can push planetoids.

I'm just saying you don't have to have concussive beams to get a surprise knock down on Galactus under those circumstances.

It's like the punches vs energy radiation argument. Punches can work just as effectively given certain circumstances.

Allankles
That doesn't really answer the actual question. How impressive of a feat is it for Thanos? What tier does the feat qualify him for in your opinion?

It doesn't raise him or lower him a tier in my eyes. I always thought he had fairly powerful concussive beams. Why it doesn't raise him above low skyfather for me is that for one, Galactus was basically ambushed. Two, Galactus' size, he's relatively small sized by his standards.

So factoring in that he wasn't steeling himself and that he wasn't especially large in that scenario, it didn't surprise me or raise Thanos above skyfather levels imo.

I'd call it a confirmation feat, especially as far as the strength of his concussive beams are concerned, but above Odin off of that? I don't see it.

TricksterPriest
Galactus was sent flying and his hat was knocked off. He was righteously pissed and and after noting that Thanos had exceptional shields, smashed through them in one blast, resulting in Thanos begging for his life and trying to tell Galactus that he was being set up.

Now, his shields lasting a moment and the fact that he was able to launch Galactus (but do NO VISIBLE DAMAGE and just enrage Galactus) are nice feats. But not skyfather. Thanos is low skyfather at best.

Takion cannot be killed. If we're taking him at his best, they can't do a thing to him. And manipulation of the Source is to manipulate all other power sources in DC. Since as per "Genesis" the Godwave (which originated at the Source and is an expression of it's power) was the origin of all the other pantheons and 90-95% of the superpowers and aliens in the DCU. And since he can manipulate all forms of energy and is linked to the source sustaining him, they cannot touch him. Unless they have a link to the Source or are stronger than it, (or the Source itself turns on Takion, which will not happen in an arena match), they can't win.

Priest
Glalactus was well fed when, and had to "exert" himself to get passed Thanos's shields btw.

Bentley
Just came to point out that fighting Takion is not fighting the Source.

Priest
Originally posted by Bentley
Just came to point out that fighting Takion is not fighting the Source. Trickerster thinks that takion is the source no expression

TricksterPriest
Source's avatar. And unless we are barring Takion from using his powers or having access to them, he has a portion of the Source's power.

Priest
So Darkseid> Source?

TricksterPriest
He's the 'Dark side' of it. Unique connection, dude. He can break Takion's connection. Also, he has created someone at Takion's level, so quit lowballing.

Bentley
Its not important if Takion is a portion of the Source, or that he manipulates energy, he has to be better at doing that than team to even compete.

vlaaad12345
He effortlessly stops time and opens blackholes all the time...he can manipulate any energy to his needs and he was able to momentarily hold off the freaking godwave which is leagues above surfer or thanos.

Bentley
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
He effortlessly stops time and opens blackholes all the time...he can manipulate any energy to his needs and he was able to momentarily hold off the freaking godwave which is leagues above surfer or thanos.

So, he died against the godwave but stalled it, its a good showing; Surfer did as much against Tenebrous and Aegis. Everything you said, Surfer can do or resist.

vlaaad12345
Tenebrous and aegis are not close to the godwave nor is the crunch energies that destroyed them.

Nihilist
He effortlessly stops time and opens blackholes all the time...he can manipulate any energy to his needs and he was able to momentarily hold off the freaking godwave which is leagues above surfer or thanos. so thanos withstanding the naked energy of THOTU and mastering it in a instant,yet it took the celestial order over 2000 yrs do do it,thats not as impressive as takions godwave feat.

vlaaad12345
Thats not a durability feat at all he was destined by freaking god to receive the power.

Bentley
Tenebrous and aegis are not close to the godwave nor is the crunch energies that destroyed them.

Takion couldn't control the energies of the wave long enough to survive, but those energies come from his very power source, that should do him vastly better at handling them than other people. I'm not sure if we should take to face value the feats that stess you to the point of dying.

T & A are powerful and the crunch energy hurts Galactus. How many abstract level entities were affected by the god wave?

Nihilist
Thats not a durability feat at all he was destined by freaking god to receive the power. did you not read read how he survived the boiling maelstorm inside the hotu,thats why he was chosen because he is used to dealing with massive amounts of energy.

vlaaad12345
You act like eternity got messed up or something,thor and others have hurt galactus the crunch energies are only the collapsing power of a universe,the godwave created and powered much much more then a universe.

Takion has the power to control all types of energy thats not going to change in this match,thanos nor ss have shown the ability to match who casually manipulates and shifts time and reality without problems he can also channel more energy then either,amping himself with the quantam field or dark matter should give him more then enough of an edge to take them out.

Again nihilist we know later on that it was his destiny all along to get that energy trying to use an event that was directly manipulated by god is stupid.

Nihilist

Again nihilist we know later on that it was his destiny all along to get that energy trying to use an event that was directly manipulated by god is stupid. the events which led thanos to gain the heart were manipulated by god,not how he obtained it

vlaaad12345
The entire event was manipulated by god if god wanted a different person to get that energy they would have been able to accept it as well,you can't use a feat where god 100% made it so thanos would get the energy as some kind of actual durability feat,he has plenty of real durability feats instead of you using something dumb like that.

Naija boy
Not at all. Thanos was the perfect choice for that precisely because he could take the naked HOTU energies as thanos himself explained. There is nothing that even suggested that he was somehow enhanced by TOAA to be able to take it let alone was it mentioned anywhere. That is just baseless.

Bentley
You act like eternity got messed up or something,thor and others have hurt galactus the crunch energies are only the collapsing power of a universe,the godwave created and powered much much more then a universe.

Takion has the power to control all types of energy thats not going to change in this match,thanos nor ss have shown the ability to match who casually manipulates and shifts time and reality without problems he can also channel more energy then either,amping himself with the quantam field or dark matter should give him more then enough of an edge to take them out.

Again nihilist we know later on that it was his destiny all along to get that energy trying to use an event that was directly manipulated by god is stupid.

Galactus said it himself: Tenebrous and Aegis could destroy Eternity; powering a portion of the universe is being less powerful than Eternity who is the entire universe. Both Thanos and SS had resisted reality warping, and reality warping includes warping time, not just matter.

If you think Takion has more energies at his disposal than both figthers you should prove it. The Fallen One is powered by Darkmatter and both Thanos and Surfer wouldn't have problems beating him fighting together. Amping is nothing that Thanos or Surfer are unable to do, and if the source is the main power in DC there is no point on Takion amping himself with other energies, its sill amping. Prove that he can stomp a normally superior character after amping -let's say DS for example- and then I would accept its a good tactic.

The entire event was manipulated by god if god wanted a different person to get that energy they would have been able to accept it as well,you can't use a feat where god 100% made it so thanos would get the energy as some kind of actual durability feat,he has plenty of real durability feats instead of you using something dumb like that.

This is null void and plain bias against Thanos. If the Presence wanted Batman to beat the Pharallax, he wouldn't empower Batman, so he is more uber than Pharallax -Batman is not the Spectre-, he would use the abilities of Batman to achieve that goal; that's the godly part of the feat: Thanos did it by himself, by his own powers, because he wass custom made to that goal. Had he wanted to use another character, the situations would've arranged themselves so the character could get the power, he wouln't gain new powers to that end.

Allankles
Not at all. Thanos was the perfect choice for that precisely because he could take the naked HOTU energies as thanos himself explained. There is nothing that even suggested that he was somehow enhanced by TOAA to be able to take it let alone was it mentioned anywhere. That is just baseless.

Why are people trying to compare HOTU to the godwave in Genesis? Hotu was a powersource there to be taken. The godwave was endangering the Source itself and it was moving towards Takion with only destructive purpose, back to the Source that birthed it.

To compare the two scenarios and use them as a comparison between Thanos and Takion is highly inaccurate. The fact remains (if you read Genesis) Thanos and Surfer can't generate anywhere near the same energy as the godwave.

And as Vlaad stated Hotu was intended to be obtainable by the supreme being of MU.

fangirl101
Lulz at anyone thinking Thanos and surfer r anywhere near Takion s league.

kgkg
lulz at takion fans

Naija boy
Why are people trying to compare HOTU to the godwave in Genesis? Hotu was a powersource there to be taken. The godwave was endangering the Source itself and it was moving towards Takion with only destructive purpose, back to the Source that birthed it.

To compare the two scenarios and use them as a comparison between Thanos and Takion is highly inaccurate. The fact remains (if you read Genesis) Thanos and Surfer can't generate anywhere near the same energy as the godwave.

And as Vlaad stated Hotu was intended to be obtainable by the supreme being of MU.

HOTU was a static energy source but as thanos explained it was indeed extremely destructive to regular human flesh. Thanos explained why he was able to contain HOTU and to claim that TOAA enabled him to accept those enrgies when exactly the opposite of that was mentioned is just ridiculous.

Also the two feats can be compared in some ways. The Godwave was a huge amount of destructive energy that Takion manipulated. HOTU while it was a static energy source was also a huge amount of destructive energy which thanos manipulated/contained.

fangirl101
HOTU was a static energy source but as thanos explained it was indeed extremely destructive to regular human flesh. Thanos explained why he was able to contain HOTU and to claim that TOAA enabled him to accept those enrgies when exactly the opposite of that was mentioned is just ridiculous.

Also the two feats can be compared in some ways. The Godwave was a huge amount of destructive energy that Takion manipulated. HOTU while it was a static energy source was also a huge amount of destructive energy which thanos manipulated/contained. lulz. The godwave was being manipulated by another. The hotu was just sitting there. Also the godwave was a threat even to the source. I fail to see how the two r even comparable.

Naija boy
lulz. The godwave was being manipulated by another. The hotu was just sitting there. Also the godwave was a threat even to the source. I fail to see how the two r even comparable.

Huh? the godwave was being manipulated by another? and that is relevant how?.And oh the HOTU was the supreme energy source in Marvel. Certainly comparable.

fangirl101
Huh? the godwave was being manipulated by another? and that is relevant how?.And oh the HOTU was the supreme energy source in Marvel. Certainly comparable.
Not at all. The HOTU was sitting there waiting to be manipulated. Thanos didn't have to match wills with anyone else or use energy control over anyone elses to attain it. Takion had to fight against the Power of the Godwave as it was being willed thru another who already was in possession.

Naija boy
Not at all. The HOTU was sitting there waiting to be manipulated. Thanos didn't have to match wills with anyone else or use energy control over anyone elses to attain it. Takion had to fight against the Power of the Godwave as it was being willed thru another who already was in possession.

In the sense that takion had to exhibit a high enough level control over over it in order to stall the person orignialy controlling it, yes they are different. However, that does not elevate one feat above the other. Both still had to manipulate extremely powerful energy. the difference is that Takion wasnt shown as the only one able to manipulate the Godwave while Thanos was in effect the only one shown capable of accepting the HOTU.

fangirl101
In the sense that takion had to exhibit a high enough level control over over it in order to stall the person orignialy controlling it, yes they are different. However, that does not elevate one feat above the other. Both still had to manipulate extremely powerful energy. the difference is that Takion wasnt shown as the only one able to manipulate the Godwave while Thanos was in effect the only one shown capable of accepting the HOTU. you misinterpret takion's feat. Takion did not manipulate any external enery. He used his own power against the godwave. There is a great diff. Takion has enough power within himself to push againt reality busting power. Niether thanos or surfer can do that.

Naija boy
you misinterpret takion's feat. Takion did not manipulate any external enery. He used his own power against the godwave. There is a great diff. Takion has enough power within himself to push againt reality busting power. Niether thanos or surfer can do that.

Erm in that scene Takion specifically said " I can channel and manipulate these forces" Which seems to indicate he was indeed channeling external energy.

fangirl101
Erm in that scene Takion specifically said " I can channel and manipulate these forces" Which seems to indicate he was indeed channeling external energy.
No. Takion channel's the Source's power. He was pushing against The Godwave's power. Or do I need to post another scene where he actually reverses the polarity of the entire source. he really is just beyond Thanos and Surfer no matter how you want to

Something else I just noticed, Takion was also protecting an Old God, and Shazam fromt he forces,( hence he is shown to be superior to both) as well as openning a channel for the others to be able to attack. He's doing three uber things at once.

Naija boy
No. Takion channel's the Source's power. He was pushing against The Godwave's power. Or do I need to post another scene where he actually reverses the polarity of the entire source. he really is just beyond Thanos and Surfer no matter how you want to stretch it.

U posting him reversing the polarity of the source or whatever really has no bearings here. Anyways in the incident in question didnt Takion apparently die?

fangirl101
U posting him reversing the polarity of the source or whatever really has no bearings here. Anyways in the incident in question didnt Takion apparently die?
He was restored the minute the source was. SInce Thano and Surfer have not the power of the Godwave, That won't be happening here.

Allankles

Also the two feats can be compared in some ways. The Godwave was a huge amount of destructive energy that Takion manipulated. HOTU while it was a static energy source was also a huge amount of destructive energy which thanos manipulated/contained.

There's no comparison. The godwave was destructive to the point where it was threatening all reality and the Source itself. Takion pushed himself against it in an effort to stall it.

HOTU was intended to be wielded, whether it was static or otherwise it was considerably inert in the way it functioned, in comparison to the godwave in Genesis, which was destroying all reality by its existence.

With this kind of argument someone who hasn't read Genesis would assume that Thanos could have absorbed the godwave in Takion's place. Context is important, there was only one moment at which the godwave could be harnessed, the point of ultimate contraction.

TricksterPriest
Ares was at the heart of the godwave when it was contracted, thus he attained the power.

Afterwards, the power was being wielded offensively and could not be harnessed. Takion held the wave at bay briefly, but even he was destroyed. Darkseid had prepared for Ares beating him to the punch and froze time&space around him. But even that was a temporary solution.

HOTU was just sitting there, inert, and doing nothing. There is absolutely no comparison between the two. And Takion even holding the wave off briefly is beyond the abilities of these 2. And before some jackass compares the crunch to the godwave, the crunch was also inert and not actively fighting surfer's control. Deadly yes, but not being used actively against him.

Naija boy
There's no comparison. The godwave was destructive to the point where it was threatening all reality and the Source itself. Takion pushed himself against it in an effort to stall it.

HOTU was intended to be wielded, whether it was static or otherwise it was considerably inert in the way it functioned, in comparison to the godwave in Genesis, which was destroying all reality by its existence.

With this kind of argument someone who hasn't read Genesis would assume that Thanos could have absorbed the godwave in Takion's place. Context is important, there was only one moment at which the godwave could be harnessed, the point of ultimate contraction.

Actually now i get that the two feats were different. At first i thought Takion had actually manipulated the energy of the godwave and hence why i compared it to thanos feat but seeing as that was not the case i agree that the two feats arent comparable as they involved two different processes. Not that i have elevated one from the other from a difficulty standpoint mind you.

V.S
Hmmm, around 5/5 I'd say. Takion is a beast but Thanos would put up a good fight, SS would be a added bonus and enough to stalemate Takion IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.