Tragedy at Belgian day care center

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kayakat
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481864,00.html

I was quite shocked when i heard about it on the news and still am, these were little children, still babies.

I just don't understand how anyone can do something like that.

Bicnarok
Obviously needs locking up in a funny farm.

Odd that he just cycled off as if nothing had happened, maybe he was part of some government human control experiment.

Very sad event, I hate it when kids get hurt.

Naz
Terrible, terrible event. I sympathize for the children's parents.

But I did chuckle at the last quote about America.

KidRock
First that guy in Canada gets his head sawed off now this.

I think we need a knife ban..whos with me?

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Naz

But I did chuckle at the last quote about America.

Originally posted by KidRock

Well when there's no guns around, you have to do the next best thing. What would MacGyver do...

Robtard

The U.K. has or has legislation in the works to ban certain knifes, since their knife crime is high.

But I do get your point in regards to gun-control ranters.

dadudemon

Sounds reasonable.

I'm quite sure if the day care ladies had a gun and busted few caps in him, they might have saved a couple of tots.

*thinks about how it would have gone down*

Wow, just thinking about it...man, those kids will have problems.

You have to be one sick person to chase down and grab barely-walking-babies who are probably screaming their heads off the WHOLE time, and then repeatedly slash them with a knife.

I don't care about rehab for this person if he has mental problems. Who cares. Just snuff his life out and let God take care of him. We destroy animals that go awry, and we pull the plug on people sometimes, just pull the plug on this person. Society would be safer.

Sadako of Girth
I hope those cops paralyse his ass.
This is an example where I would hugely support police brutality.
Mentally ill or not.

Doom and Gloom
You can count on European justice doing the right thing here, the guy will get 20 years but will be out in 10.

KidRock
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
You can count on European justice doing the right thing here, the guy will get 20 years but will be out in 10.

Belgian prison is no joke bro..no joke.

But in all honesty it isnt his fault he did this, it's societies. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for causing this man to do this.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Well when there's no guns around, you have to do the next best thing. What would MacGyver do...

Well, apparently people in America get tired of guns, too.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Virginia-Tech-Student-Xin-Yang-Decapitated-In-Campus-Cafe-At-University-Where-Seung-Hui-Cho-Shot-32/Article/200901415209010? lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_3
& amp;lid=ARTICLE_15209010_Virginia_Tech_Student_Xin
_Yang_Decapitated_In_Campus_Cafe_At_University_Whe
re_Seung-Hui_Cho_Shot_32

Or maybe it's just the chineseys who like to go medieval on each other's asses.

BackFire
Belgian prison is no joke bro..no joke.

But in all honesty it isnt his fault he did this, it's societies. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for causing this man to do this.

I said I'd give him $20 to kill a bunch of kids. I thought he understood that I was joking.

Damn. Gotta move again.

Guns don't kill people, knives do.

Rogue Jedi
I dont support the death penalty, but for this guy I'll make an exception.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I dont support the death penalty, but for this guy I'll make an exception.

Weird.

Impediment
I support the death penalty, and I say don't kill the ****. I say torture him very, very slowly for as long as his body can humanly endure. Then, eventually, his body will give up and die.

That's just me. Typical American. thumbup

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
I support the death penalty, and I say don't kill the ****. I say torture him very, very slowly for as long as his body can humanly endure. Then, eventually, his body will give up and die.

That's just me. Typical American. thumbup

Sounds a bit like what happened to Griffith in Berserk.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sounds a bit like what happened to Griffith in Berserk. And that worked out for the best.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
And that worked out for the best.

It...did? confused

Bardock42
It...did? confused Course, he got all powerful, Guts got awesome, Casca got laid...

Final Blaxican
Cheers all-around.

dadudemon
Course, he got all powerful, Guts got awesome, Casca got raped and turned into an idiot and then got hotter...

Fixed it for ya.

Bardock42
Fixed it for ya. Well, I do not interpret it that way...

dadudemon
Well, I do not interpret it that way...

Because you're a sick bastard.

Bardock42
Because you're a sick bastard.

Yeah, the guy reading it is sick, sure!!!

dadudemon
Yeah, the guy reading it is sick, sure!!!

Oh man, now I'm confused.

Bardock42
Oh man, now I'm confused.

Nevermind, Berserk is excellent. But I am worried it's going nowhere...kinda like One Piece just got worse and worse.

dadudemon
Nevermind, Berserk is excellent. But I am worried it's going nowhere...kinda like One Piece just got worse and worse.

I like the current Berserk story line.

At first, I thought it was retarded that it got all Harry Potter like, then I realized that that is what he intended all along with the manga. I just want Caska's memory restored and Griffith to be raped. That's it.

Bardock42
I like the current Berserk story line.

At first, I thought it was retarded that it got all Harry Potter like, then I realized that that is what he intended all along with the manga. I just want Caska's memory restored and Griffith to be raped. That's it.

It's dragging, really. The last 3 mangas were slow...really slow. Up to that everything was excellent. Love Isidrops and Puck.

Also, how come Sym knows more about lightsabre forms than you?

Symmetric Chaos

Sabre? SABRE?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sabre? SABRE? You will survive me spelling the word the way it should be ****ing spelt. SABER IS NOT EVEN A ****ING WORD FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! ****ing Americans.

Symmetric Chaos
You will survive me spelling the word the way it should be ****ing spelt. SABER IS NOT EVEN A ****ING WORD FOR CHRIST SAKE!!! ****ing Americans.

The way the word should actually be spelled (spelt is just a type of grain unless you're a commie) is "lightsaber", besides pronunciation (and being a sword-type-thing) it has nothing in common with the word sabre.

Germans roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bardock42
The word should be spelled actually is "lightsaber

HAHAHA, you can't speak English good!

Symmetric Chaos
HAHAHA, you can't speak English good!

I retroactively changed the language, biotch.

Bardock42
I retroactively changed the language, biotch.

No, really though, it should be lightsabre...it should be cry

Symmetric Chaos

Yeah, it probably should.

Scythe
That's just tragic.

Leo.M
Thats just sick. That man should be stabbed to death and die a painful death.

Robtard

While I agree with you, 'sabre' and 'saber' are the same thing.

Robtard
Originally posted by Leo.M
Thats just sick. That man should be stabbed to death and die a painful death.

If he's to die for his crime, what can possibly be gained by making it painful?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Anyone who thinks that the man should be tortured as punishment before being killed should put put into an institution- (think, Lord of the Flies).

dadudemon
It's dragging, really. The last 3 mangas were slow...really slow. Up to that everything was excellent. Love Isidrops and Puck.

I agree that they were slow. Every since we got the super apostle, its just been slow.

Sym may or may not. It should be obvious that my post was just random forms for the sake of being off topic. A search of the forums will show that I found this site accidentally when researching form VII. As if I would unknowingly make a mistake on which forms are which.

Also, it's lightsaber. Not lightsabre. The weapon was named by George Lucas. He is an American. Out of respect, you should spell it the way the creator spelled it. Really, any other spelling would technically be wrong since that's the way he named it, now wouldn't it?

Ushgarak
The allusion to a gun ban is totally misleading- Guns still make these kind of slaughters much easier, and he would have killed far mroe witha gun.

As for lightsabres- original spelliing in the first edition 1976 novel release was 'sabre'. Furthermore this is closer to the historical use of the term as a serious weapon as opposed to a fencing (sporting) weapon, which is how the modern split US/UK spelling is applied. Back in the day, everyone was using the French spelling.

Bardock42
I agree that they were slow. Every since we got the super apostle, its just been slow.

Sym may or may not. It should be obvious that my post was just random forms for the sake of being off topic. A search of the forums will show that I found this site accidentally when researching form VII. As if I would unknowingly make a mistake on which forms are which.

Also, it's lightsaber. Not lightsabre. The weapon was named by George Lucas. He is an American. Out of respect, you should spell it the way the creator spelled it. Really, any other spelling would technically be wrong since that's the way he named it, now wouldn't it? Dude, have you not seen Kingdom of the Crystal Skull?

And it still should be sabre. I know it isn't, in current applications, like EU Comics, etc.. But it should be.

Bardock42
The guy apparently wore Joker make up, while doing it, kinda weird. First Heath Ledger, now this.....how many more lost lives will Bob Kane have to endure on his conscience?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As for lightsabres- original spelliing in the first edition 1976 novel release was 'sabre'. Furthermore this is closer to the historical use of the term as a serious weapon as opposed to a fencing (sporting) weapon, which is how the modern split US/UK spelling is applied. Back in the day, everyone was using the French spelling.

If it was changed from the first edition, that makes my point even more valid. If it was intentionally change, then everyone should be calling and spelling it by lightsaber. It is a fantasy noun invented by George Lucas. This is his creation.

Ushgarak
It was only changed by clueless editors for the US version only. There's absolutely no way it makes your point even slightly valid. The original, 1st edition canon called it sabre and Alan Dean Foster was working off GL's notes.

Hence there is just as good a case to say the fantasy noun he created was sabre. Hence you have no grounds at all to make some sort of superior case for that spelling.

dadudemon
It was only changed by clueless editors for the US version only.

Baseless and obviously incorrect assumption. Don't you think Georgie would have corrected it already if it was REALLY what he intended? Obviously not. And if you want to go the route of, "It is too menial to be of significance", think again. It is one of the most iconic props of the entire universe.

There's absolutely no way it makes your point even slightly valid.

You are completely wrong. It is the exact opposite. All evidence points in my favor and all of it points in your disfavor.

The original, 1st edition canon called it sabre and Alan Dean Foster was working off GL's notes.

That's great and all, but now it's changed. The correct spelling is lightsaber. If you choose to spell it lightsabre, that is your error and would be a form of willful disrespect.

Hence there is just as good a case to say the fantasy noun he created was sabre. Hence you have no grounds at all to make some sort of superior case for that spelling.

No, there is not. It was change and changed for a reason. Also, do you have proof that it was lightsabre in the first edition? I've never seen a first edition. Seriously.

No, everything points to myself being correct. Not one thing you've presented helps your case, it only helps mine. If all the books, comics, movies, subtitles, etc. have it spelled lightsaber, how in the world can any thing you say even be logical to you?

Ushgarak
No, I don't think he would have corrected it; no, I do not think he woukld have thought it remotely important enough; I think you are deliberately ignoring the point that if GL had in some way demanded it changed then itn would have been for ALL editions, not just later editions in the US alione. Your assumption that they magically changed it because they thought it was a greivous error is at least as big an assumption as the rather straightforward "they only changed it in one specific edition to suit that country's particular spelling attitude' which is of no relevance at all. You simply have no grounds to assume yur view is superior and to try and dissmiss my very relevant points with comments like 'that's good and all' shows a want of intellect.

It was not changed officaly, it was changed in error, arbitrarily, for no offical reason in one region alone. For you to take that as some great evidence that it was intentionally changed purely to suit your view on the matter and therefore to use it is 'wilfull disrespect' is... breathtaking, and frankly borderline trolling

It also does not matter a damn what the EU comics etc. write about it. Not one tiny bit. The amount they have wrong is legendary.

You want to twist this clueessly to suit your POV- fine. You are utterly wrong and exceedingly arrogant in doing so, but that'sjust how it is. But then using that arrogance to attack others for disrespect... that is the kind of logic I find horrifying.

Like I say- the facts are these. The original material called it sabres. Editiors in one region changed it in error. For you to try and state for certain that it is therefore offically 'saber', despite that not being so at all, is contemptible. For you to dismiss the point that it seems highly likely that the spellign was always meant to be 'saber' is being willfully blind. For you to use all of this deliberate ignorance to attack others is pathetic.

Do not use it to attack others in that way again. If you want to debate the spelling further, do it in the Star Wars section. But do not use it as a weapon to make attacks on anyone in any place in these forums at all. Hope that is clear and logical enough for you.

That being the case, return to topic here.

Bardock42
Request move to the Star Wars forum.

Ushgarak
My point has been made- this talk of 'willful disrespect' ceases.

Grinning Goku
Damn. That is ****ed up.

dadudemon
edit-I PM'd Ush instead of keeping here. I looks like Ush doesn't want it here anymore.

Red Nemesis
edit

Bardock42
It is a bit off-topic.

But you know what isn't?

THE DARK KNIGHT!!! Lets discuss that instead....yayyy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
edit

On the other hand, if I use bold like this.

stick out tongue

AGAIN THOUGH, THE GUY WAS DRESSED AS JOKER!!! WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING THIS???

Symmetric Chaos

This is why comic books are the source of all the world's ills.

Bardock42
This is why comic books are the source of all the world's ills. I agree, they should be banned. Or at least be severely censored.

KIDS ARE READING THIS STUFF.

And apparently also mentally unstable 20 somethings.

Lord Shadow Z
On the other hand, if I use bold like this.

stick out tongue

He was probably dressed as a generic clown and its the media that hypes it up and draws a reference from a well-known character. What about the character from the movie "It" ? I mean, if the guy admits it as an influence to what he did then thats something to with his state of mind rather than the actions of the character.

Kayakat
It is true the man did have his face Whitened and his eyes had black paint on them, that is why foreign press is calling him 'The Joker'

the killer still refuses to cooperate with the police and reveal his motives. he has also refused to eat and they have to feed him trough IV.... this is one messed up individual

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.