Would you sacrife your life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

It's Face
So the question is.

Whould you sacrifice your life, for the lives of 100,000 strangers you've never met. Women and children are among those strangers.

BruceSkywalker
hey face

Sanctuary
Originally posted by It's Face
Women and children are among those strangers.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Women and children!? OMG TEH WEAKEST OF TEH WEAK? I MUST SAVEZ THEEM! ermm

It's Face
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hey face
hey pal, sorry I haven't had time to update the opening post. But I'm aware you're a council member.

Scythe
Only for the people I love.

BruceSkywalker
hey pal, sorry I haven't had time to update the opening post. But I'm aware you're a council member.

no prob, take your time

It's Face
Originally posted by Scythe

ok, that's a no on the strangers

Scythe
ok, that's a no on the strangers

Sorreh, how've ya been anyways, Facemano?

Barker
So if the people you love were in that 100,000, you'd let them live and the other say 99,9??+ die.

wat

Bardock42
Originally posted by Barker
So if the people you love were in that 100,000, you'd let them live and the other say 99,9??+ die.

wat

I am sure he wouldn't mind letting the others live as well, he just wouldn't do it just for them...

Or maybe he is really ****ed up...well, he probably is.

It's Face
Sorreh, how've ya been anyways, Facemano?

been extremely busy during the week, luckily the weekend has just begun !!

occultdestroyer
I would SACRIFE my life for teh ones I luv

It's Face
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I would SACRIFE my life for teh ones I luv
em .
no shit, we all would. but what about 100,000 ( strangers ) women and children are amongst them.

Sanctuary
em .
no shit, we all would. but what about 100,000 ( strangers ) women and children are amongst them.
Does it really matter that ~women and children~ are amongst them?
I find it insulting. ermm

And, personally I wouldn't awesome

It's Face
Originally posted by Sanctuary
Does it really matter that ~women and children~ are amongst them?
I find it insulting. ermm

And, personally I wouldn't awesome

Sory if you fing it insulting princess. I recommend for you not post in this thread, if it's really that insulting to you.

Sanctuary
Sory if you fing it insulting princess. I recommend for you not post in this thread, if it's really that insulting to you.
Or maybe you could drop the sexist attitude?

It's Face
Originally posted by Sanctuary
Or maybe you could drop the sexist attitude?

ok , but the question remains the same. I've already got your opinion, so thanks.

Bardock42
Oh, this is an excellent question, I have spent many a sleepless night considering it. But I can't quite answer it with the little information you have given, how many of the 100 000 are women and children exactly?

I think I'd do it if 33 467.8 women and 15 000 5-year old children (I cound faggits as .5s and transgenders as (1.8). Now, with children it is obviously more complicated. If it is 1698 3-year olds, 17 000 + 8-year olds and rest men, I would do it, but anything less than 19 874 2-year olds and 800 women is a definite "No".

I can PM you my full list I made in case it ever came to it (better safe than sorry, eh). What are your stats?

Mywi
So the question is.

Whould you sacrifice your life, for the lives of 100,000 strangers you've never met. Women and children are among those strangers. no f*cking wai

Ahsoka Tano
Family only

It's Face
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, this is an excellent question, I have spent many a sleepless night considering it. But I can't quite answer it with the little iformation you have given, how many of the 100 000 are women and children exactly?

I think I'd do it if 33 467.8 women and 15 000 5-year old children (I cound faggits as .5s and transgenders as (1.8). Now, with children it is obviously more complicated. If it is 1698 3-year olds, 17 000 + 8-year olds and rest men, I would do it, but anything less than 19 874 2-year olds and 800 women is a definite "No".

I can PM you my full list I made in case it ever came to it (better safe than sorry, eh). What are your stats?

12 women, 50 children ages for the children range from 5- 10.

Bardock42
12 women, 50 children ages for the children range from 5- 10.

ARE YOU ****ING CRAZY.

Look, tell you what ima do...i give you 15 women...16 children and...and this is ****ing bleeding me dry, man...you seriously busting my balls here...3 'tards.

Yeah, I throw in 2 full on retards, and I do it.

Do I have a deal?

GCG
So the question is.

Whould you sacrifice your life, for the lives of 100,000 strangers you've never met. Women and children are among those strangers.

kel al? Mr Wu?

It's Face
ARE YOU ****ING CRAZY.

Look, tell you what ima do...i give you 15 women...16 children and...and this is ****ing bleeding me dry, man...you seriously busting my balls here...3 'tards.

Yeah, I throw in 2 full on retards, and I do it.

Do I have a deal?

forget it !!

no the numbers just went down . It's now 7 women ( nouns) , and 10 children.

* remember, these are all are totally innocent people that are begging you not to take their lives.

Bardock42
forget it !!

no the numbers just went down . It's now 7 women ( nouns) , and 10 children.

* remember, these are all are totally innocent people that are begging you not to take their lives.

No 'tards then?

You are a tough man to negotiate with, good sir. I will need to consult my business associates.

It's Face
No 'tards then?

You are a tough man to negotiate with, good sir. I will need to consult my business associates.

you do that .

just think of the innocent lives.

if there is a God, I'm sure you would make into Heaven upon this brave act.

Bardock42
you do that .

just think of the innocent lives.

if there is a God, I'm sure you would make into Heaven upon this brave act. Yeah, but if there isn't I'M ****ING DEAD!!!!

You ever think about that?

The big EH
i really dont know if i would, i might not even if it was for people i knew, as bad as that sounds i am just completely terrified of death, but i would put my life on the line, just highly unlikely of me killing myself over it

bogen
Well we're told that something like 10,000 children die globally each day.
Does that mean i should commit seppuku? No
And by sacrifice i hope you don't mean some random act that would result in ones death because that wouldn't get anyone anywere fast.
By sacrifice do you mean devote yourself to a cause that would see you personally responsible for 100, 000 peoples lives enduring past the expectation of circumstance then No.

That many people die every year of stupid things we can all, working together prevent.
Problem with working together is it requires compromise and effort, two things most westerners certainly dislike.

Cpt. Valerian
Damn, you sexist bastard.

I don't actually know... It's a hard question.

Rogue Jedi
Yes.

Scythe
Originally posted by Barker

wat

If they were among them, I'd save them all.

I am sure he wouldn't mind letting the others live as well, he just wouldn't do it just for them...

Or maybe he is really ****ed up...well, he probably is.

Maybe. . .

been extremely busy during the week, luckily the weekend has just begun !!

Good to hear, rest up.

gefallen_engel
So the question is.

I would have to say yes, because 100,000 lives saved would be worth the loss of one life

Leo.M
Yeah, its not like i have anything to live for anyways. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Self sacrifice=VIP lounge in heaven yes

Walker.I
Yes.

Mywi
...why would you want to die for someone you dont even know... i wouldnt give a shit if millions of people had to die... the less humans walking on earth the better ...blahblah
i would actually maybe kill myself if that helped killing a bunch of folks but not saving them

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Leo.M
Yeah, its not like i have anything to live for anyways. laughing out loud You got me babe haermm

Bardock42
Originally posted by gefallen_engel
I would have to say yes, because 100,000 lives saved would be worth the loss of one life
What if Hitler, Stalin and Mao had been amongst those 100 000?

Rogue Jedi
What if Hitler, Stalin and Mao had been amongst those 100 000? Well thats just impossible, they are dead.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well thats just impossible, they are dead.

'tis a thought experiment, friend. Make believe...you know?

Rogue Jedi
'tis a thought experiment, friend. Make believe...you know? Ah.....**** em then.

gefallen_engel
What if Hitler, Stalin and Mao had been amongst those 100 000?

I would still think the lives of the others is still worth more than mine, even though those are 3 people I wouldnt want alive there are still 99,997 others and they should be given a chance to live

Bardock42
I would still think the lives of the others is still worth more than mine, even though those are 3 people I wouldnt want alive there are still 99,997 others and they should be given a chance to live

But, the three people killed roughly 100 000 000 people. Would that not change the decision by your logic (which is apparently 1 life < 2 < 3 ...

A very, I guess, simple utilitarian idea.

Mairuzu
nah

It's Face
Self sacrifice=VIP lounge in heaven yes

don't forget the 31 virgins. wink

Selphie
So the question is.

Yes I would

dadudemon
If among those 100,000 were thousands of really hot STD free women, and I got to have sex with every one of them (because women are just objects to fulfill my manly desires, obviously roll eyes (sarcastic) ) over the course of a few years, then yes. I would.

Seriously, though, no. I don't think I would. Even Jesus said that no great love hath a man than this, that he should lay down his life for his friend. So it would be less or no love to do it for strangers.

Toku King
None of us can answer this question truthfully until we're actually in this kind of situation.

gefallen_engel
But, the three people killed roughly 100 000 000 people. Would that not change the decision by your logic (which is apparently 1 life < 2 < 3 ...

A very, I guess, simple utilitarian idea.

I honestly do believe that the ends justify the means. If I could be guaranteed that those 3 people wouldn't be among the 100,000 there would be no debating about whether or not I would do it, but that's life, it's all unknown. There are circumstances where I would say no, for example would I sacrifice myself for 100,000 Iraqi's or Afghani's? HELL NO! but 100,000 people in other various countries? yes I would

Selphie
I would die for 100,000 Iraqis or Afghanis

what makes them any less of a human being?

are human beings THAT expendable?

not all of them are "terrorists"

These are humans that function just like you, they breathe the same air, they drink the same water they need

They have families and loved ones too

Sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, friends, people that mean something significant to another!

You guys can disagree with me, but... damn... you'd better find the f*cking cure for cancer, or at least appreciate your goddamn life.

It'd be so goddamn pathetic if after you made your choice, and all those people died, and you lived, if you complained the next day about how much your life 'sucks'.

Scythe
Originally posted by Selphie
I would die for 100,000 Iraqis or Afghanis

what makes them any less of a human being?

are human beings THAT expendable?

not all of them are "terrorists"

These are humans that function just like you, they breathe the same air, they drink the same water they need

They have families and loved ones too

Sons, daughters, mothers, fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, aunts, uncles, friends, people that mean something significant to another!

You guys can disagree with me, but... damn... you'd better find the f*cking cure for cancer, or at least appreciate your goddamn life.

It'd be so goddamn pathetic if after you made your choice, and all those people died, and you lived, if you complained the next day about how much your life 'sucks'.

I would dye my hair for you

TRH
Probably.

dadudemon
I love cheese, TRH.

Dantalion
Nope... But i would call BATMAN!!! He would know what to do smokin'

TRH
Originally posted by dadudemon
I love cheese, TRH. APPLE!?

Bardock42
I honestly do believe that the ends justify the means. If I could be guaranteed that those 3 people wouldn't be among the 100,000 there would be no debating about whether or not I would do it, but that's life, it's all unknown. There are circumstances where I would say no, for example would I sacrifice myself for 100,000 Iraqi's or Afghani's? HELL NO! but 100,000 people in other various countries? yes I would Why, what's wrong with Afghans or Iraquis?

And do you have a list of how countries are valued by you?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Mywi
...why would you want to die for someone you dont even know... i wouldnt give a shit if millions of people had to die... the less humans walking on earth the better ...blahblah
i would actually maybe kill myself if that helped killing a bunch of folks but not saving them

Rogue Jedi
don't forget the 31 virgins. wink Well that goes without saying.

gefallen_engel
Why, what's wrong with Afghans or Iraquis?

And do you have a list of how countries are valued by you?

The terrorist attacks, that is why I wouldn't sacrifice myself for them, ya I know not all of them are terrorists, but you're talking to someone who is joining the U.S. Army. As far as a list of how countries are valued by me no I don't have a list, other than the whole Iraqi thing it really wouldn't matter to me where they come from

Bardock42
The terrorist attacks, that is why I wouldn't sacrifice myself for them, ya I know not all of them are terrorists, but you're talking to someone who is joining the U.S. Army. As far as a list of how countries are valued by me no I don't have a list, other than the whole Iraqi thing it really wouldn't matter to me where they come from But the Iraqis didn't even terrorist attack you. In fact, most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, I believe.

gefallen_engel
But the Iraqis didn't even terrorist attack you. In fact, most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, I believe.

they might not have attacked me personally but they attacked my country, and as a future soldier of the U.S. Army its a big deal to me.
As far as where the terrorist came from, Fifteen of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon. But look at how many of our soldiers the Iraqi's and Afghani's killed since then.

Bardock42
they might not have attacked me personally but they attacked my country, and as a future soldier of the U.S. Army its a big deal to me.
As far as where the terrorist came from, Fifteen of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, two from the United Arab Emirates, one from Egypt, and one from Lebanon. But look at how many of our soldiers the Iraqi's and Afghani's killed since then. But, again, they didn't attack your country. You attacked theirs, that's...almost...the opposite actually.

And they killed your soldiers because you went there to kill them, what in the hell did you expect?

gefallen_engel
But, again, they didn't attack your country. You attacked theirs, that's...almost...the opposite actually.

And they killed your soldiers because you went there to kill them, what in the hell did you expect?

I don't see how you figure that we attacked them first, they hijacked our planes, killed thousands of our citizens, did they once apologize for their actions or try to make it right again? hell no!
we bombed their asses afterwards and then helped them! Big mistake there, we should have bombed them and walked away just like they did. and the biggest reason we still have soldiers in their countries now it to keep it from happening again.

Bardock42
I don't see how you figure that we attacked them first, they hijacked our planes, killed thousands of our citizens, did they once apologize for their actions or try to make it right again? hell no!
we bombed their asses afterwards and then helped them! Big mistake there, we should have bombed them and walked away just like they did. and the biggest reason we still have soldiers in their countries now it to keep it from happening again.

What Iraqis attacked you?

dadudemon
Oh jeez.

I'm confused.

The terrorists who attacked us were not Iraqis.

We freakin' invaded their country with data that was known to be faulty. We have killed tens of thousands of Iraqis. I would highly expect to be attacked by rebel miltants in Iraq.

However, Afghanistan is a different story. There are innocents there, for sure. There are also guilty.

Our problems with Iraq should go away as soon as our presence is gone. However, I don't suspect our problems with the Taliban will go away any time soon. (Isn't there a Talban presence in Iraq? If so, that could spell more trouble even after we leave.)

Rogue Jedi
What Iraqis attacked you? The universal us, America, our country.

hatredcopter
Oh, this is an excellent question, I have spent many a sleepless night considering it. But I can't quite answer it with the little information you have given, how many of the 100 000 are women and children exactly?

I can PM you my full list I made in case it ever came to it (better safe than sorry, eh). What are your stats? laughing

Bardock42
The universal us, America, our country. I know, which Iraqis attacked you (the universal you, America, your country) before you attacked them?

Rogue Jedi
I know, which Iraqis attacked you (the universal you, America, your country) before you attacked them? Lemmee reiterate....HER country, I hate it here. And yes, the good old US of A had a ***** slap coming for a long time.

Bardock42
Lemmee reiterate....HER country, I hate it here. And yes, the good old US of A had a ***** slap coming for a long time.

That's not at all what I am saying. I don't think the US deserved it. More specifically the people that did get "slapped" did not deserve it. But the US turned around and did the same...just twentyfold.

Personally I think the US is a great country. A lot of it is very amazing, and it's foundations are beautiful, but damn....it got some issues.

Rogue Jedi
That's not at all what I am saying. I don't think the US deserved it. More specifically the people that did get "slapped" did not deserve it. But the US turned around and did the same...just twentyfold. I never said the USA "deserved" it, but dude, we are prancing around the globe, trying to impose our will upon others, what was to be expected?

dadudemon
I never said the USA "deserved" it, but dude, we are prancing around the globe, trying to impose our will upon others, what was to be expected?

Indeed.

Your logic is sensible in this matter.

I said that we were over due for a successful terrorist attack when I was a teenager. It happened less than a year later. (9/11.) Well, terrorist attacks were a little more fresh on my mind because of the OKC bombing thing.

I wish we would practice a little more isolationism and bring our shit home from all over the globe and work on securing our shit here.

Bardock42
Anyone remember Rudy "I am an idiot and just here because I luckily was the mayor of New York when 9/11 happened" Giuiliani getting all whiny when Ron Paul pointed out just what RJ just said and demanded an apology to roaring applause, and also how Paul ****ing pwned him a day later when he suggested him a reading list for being such an ignorant, incompetent twerp?

Good times...I like Paul, he may be a crazy constitutionalist, but he was the best candidate, no doubt.

dadudemon
Good times...I like Paul, he may be a crazy constitutionalist, but he was the best candidate, no doubt.

Indeed.

If people really wanted change for the better.....

Bardock42
Indeed.

If people really wanted change for the better.....

Well, by bleeding heart socialist libertarian part does have some hopes for Obama. Charismatic that guy, ****ing hell.

dadudemon
Well, by bleeding heart socialist libertarian part does have some hopes for Obama. Charismatic that guy, ****ing hell.

Pffft.

There's not a socialist cell in your body.

Is there?

Bardock42
Pffft.

There's not a socialist cell in your body.

Is there?

Well...no, not really, no.

dadudemon
Well...no, not really, no.

I figured.

There's no way in hell an anarchist would have a belief in a state controlled system as that directly contradicts the very idea of anarchy.

amirite?

Deductive reasoning for the win!!!!!! laughing

Bardock42
I figured.

There's no way in hell an anarchist would have a belief in a state controlled system as that directly contradicts the very idea of anarchy.

amirite?

Deductive reasoning for the win!!!!!! laughing

Yeah, I guess, though, I am more of a hopeful anarchist and a pragmatic minarchist. So, one might say I have some socialist tendencies...I just wish we didn't need them.

dadudemon
Yeah, I guess, though, I am more of a hopeful anarchist and a pragmatic minarchist. So, one might say I have some socialist tendencies...I just wish we didn't need them.

hmm

That explains your strong libertarian sympathies.

gefallen_engel
Oh jeez.

I'm confused.

The terrorists who attacked us were not Iraqis.

We freakin' invaded their country with data that was known to be faulty. We have killed tens of thousands of Iraqis. I would highly expect to be attacked by rebel miltants in Iraq.

However, Afghanistan is a different story. There are innocents there, for sure. There are also guilty.

Our problems with Iraq should go away as soon as our presence is gone. However, I don't suspect our problems with the Taliban will go away any time soon. (Isn't there a Talban presence in Iraq? If so, that could spell more trouble even after we leave.)

I have to say that I agree with you there I believe that our problems with the Iraqi people will end once and if our troops ever leave their country, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there.

That's not at all what I am saying. I don't think the US deserved it. More specifically the people that did get "slapped" did not deserve it. But the US turned around and did the same...just twentyfold.

Personally I think the US is a great country. A lot of it is very amazing, and it's foundations are beautiful, but damn....it got some issues.

America having "issues" is putting it nicely, honestly this country is a bit screwed up, I really believe that this country needs to mind its own business a little bit more, maybe try taking better care of its own people

Bardock42
hmm

That explains your strong libertarian sympathies.

Oh, the libertarians have a very strong anarchist wing. It's sad, but within the libertarians there's just as many differences as there is with other parties stick out tongue

dadudemon
Oh, the libertarians have a very strong anarchist wing. It's sad, but within the libertarians there's just as many differences as there is with other parties stick out tongue

I was wondering about that.

Seriously, I thought it was just me. I noticed a lot of diversity. I've only taken a liking to the libertarians in the last year or so.

Bardock42
I was wondering about that.

Seriously, I thought it was just me. I noticed a lot of diversity. I've only taken a liking to the libertarians in the last year or so.

Nah, we all have a bit different ideas I guess of just how little a government should do, and why. I mean, just take the objectivist nutters, they want nothing to do with libertarians at all...ironic that Ayn Rand's books were hugely influential in creating the modern libertarianism. But on the whole, most libertarians have pretty good points, and we should really work together to "spread the gospel" so to speak. One thing I could suggest you is "Reason" magazine, it's a fun read, and they give you some very good journalism as well, and a reasonable price, too.

Selphie
The terrorist attacks, that is why I wouldn't sacrifice myself for them, ya I know not all of them are terrorists, but you're talking to someone who is joining the U.S. Army. As far as a list of how countries are valued by me no I don't have a list, other than the whole Iraqi thing it really wouldn't matter to me where they come from

My Dad's been in the army since he got out of high school, and same for my mom. My Dad has been overseas TWICE.

And those people are good people over there. Not all of them are terrorists. There are f*cking civilians over there, that don't support terrorism at all. Shit, not all of us Americans supported Bush, so people can't blame the general American public for the shit HE'S done. It's the same principle.

But that's just my opinion.

gefallen_engel
My Dad's been in the army since he got out of high school, and same for my mom. My Dad has been overseas TWICE.

And those people are good people over there. Not all of them are terrorists. There are f*cking civilians over there, that don't support terrorism at all. Shit, not all of us Americans supported Bush, so people can't blame the general American public for the shit HE'S done. It's the same principle.

But that's just my opinion.

two tours over seas, wow! that's crazy, I'm freaking out about the possibility of being deployed, but I guess that's just the risk involved with joining the Army.

True, not all of them are terrorists, some I am sure are normal people just like us

Selphie
two tours over seas, wow! that's crazy, I'm freaking out about the possibility of being deployed, but I guess that's just the risk involved with joining the Army.

True, not all of them are terrorists, some I am sure are normal people just like us

Well, it was also voluntary, him going over there and all.

And there currently is NOT a draft, so technically they can't make you go.

And I also talked to both of my parents, and asked them if they ever thought the draft could later involve women, and they both said that would probably never happen, so I'm sure you'll be fine

gefallen_engel
Well, it was also voluntary, him going over there and all.

And there currently is NOT a draft, so technically they can't make you go.

And I also talked to both of my parents, and asked them if they ever thought the draft could later involve women, and they both said that would probably never happen, so I'm sure you'll be fine

I know they are still sending soldiers over there I have a family member being deployed in March, a lot of whether I go or not will depend on my unit, if they send my unit then I will have to go, I honestly hope I dont go but thats part of being in the Army, you do as you are told

Röland
I have to say that I agree with you there I believe that our problems with the Iraqi people will end once and if our troops ever leave their country, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there.
The real problem is that we set that country back even more with the invasion.

Edit: My opinion, of course.

Rogue Jedi
They've been fighting over there since the beginning of time, man.

Röland
They've been fighting over there since the beginning of time, man.
I know.

My point is that Iraq was in better shape before we invaded.

Neo Darkhalen

Rogue Jedi

Röland
Hmm.....Am I the only one who thinks that the USA is ballsy as hell for assuming it can go over and end it?
Probably.

Rogue Jedi

Röland
Right haermm
haermm

Rogue Jedi
i edited.

gefallen_engel

Baylin
So the question is.

I could potentially sacrifice my life everytime I go to work happy

Fornicator
i will not save life of others and sacrifice because saving human life is vain. death will come to them sooner or later. i will save life without sacrificing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.