How powerful is Mxy??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Mxy in a series of matches.
How far can he go??
He gets to rest after each fight.

1.Galactus
2.White Crown Phoenix
3.James Braddock Jr.
4.MJJ merged w/ Fury
5.Molecule Man
6.Solar (Man of The Atom), God Swamp Thing, and God Spawn
7.CoIE Anti-Monitor
8.Spectre merged w/ The Logoz
9.GEB
10.Thanos w/ THOTI
11.The Voice, The Word, The Source, Rama Kushna, Meshta, Mallo, The Overseers, The Unimaginable, The Basanos
12.Man of Miracles

cloud102
Who is Logoz again?

xJLxKing
1-5 He should own pretty easy. 6 is a toss up. Gos Spawn the power of Satan and God. However, I don't recall him being able to destroy every universe as Mxy did. He should get through 7 and 8. I have no idea what is 9 GEB? 10(No idea).

So I say he either stops at 9 if he stops then he must stop at 10

Enyalus
I think he definitely stops at six, but could be stopped at three...

I assume we're leaving out ridiculous crap like going out of the comics and retconning people?

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Who is Logoz again?

The Logos is the Word of The Presence/Yahweh.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I have no idea what is 9 GEB?
The Great Evil Beast.

Defeated Spectre (Jim Corrigan) with the tip of his thumb.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The Great Evil Beast.

Defeated Spectre (Jim Corrigan) with the tip of his thumb.
Never heard of him. I'll go check info out

tjcoady
Why is God-Swamp Thing only at number six?

He was more powerful than the Presence....

iceman24567
Originally posted by tjcoady

He was more powerful than the Presence.... Wrong thumb down

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by tjcoady

He was more powerful than the Presence....
no

Galan007
Stops at 6.

shokosugi
stops at 11

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Stops at 6.

That, or Braddock brings back BadaBingBadaBoomsday. wink

celestialdemon
Originally posted by shokosugi
stops at 11

No. He has absolutely no chance against GEB.

Mr Master
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Mxy in a series of matches.
How far can he go??
He gets to rest after each fight.

1.Galactus
2.White Crown Phoenix
3.James Braddock Jr.
4.MJJ merged w/ Fury
5.Molecule Man
6.Solar (Man of The Atom), God Swamp Thing, and God Spawn
7.CoIE Anti-Monitor
8.Spectre merged w/ The Logoz
9.GEB
10.Thanos w/ THOTI
11.The Voice, The Word, The Source, Rama Kushna, Meshta, Mallo, The Overseers, The Unimaginable, The Basanos
12.Man of Miracles
Stops at 3 (stalemates really)
or 4 (assuming that's a functioning classic JJ/Fury)
loses at 5, (assuming that's classic)

guy222
3-6

Philosophía

Bentley
Myx has crappy durability, with CIS, Galactus one-shots him evil face

But yep, he has potential to go from 3 to 6 depending in how you take his feats.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
That, or Braddock brings back BadaBingBadaBoomsday. wink Mxy's feats trump his, imo.

Still think he stops at 6 (which should be higher, imo.)

Bentley
Mxy's feats trump his, imo.

Still think he stops at 6 (which should be higher, imo.)

Doesn't really matter as Myx won't beat anyone higher than that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Bentley
Doesn't really matter as Myx won't beat anyone higher than that. Correct. It doesn't really get much higher than 'Swamp-God' - unless you're the God.

SoulDevourer
1-5

god spawn would be too much for him (more powerful then both god and satan of Imageverse)

xJLxKing
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
1-5

god spawn would be too much for him (more powerful then both god and satan of Imageverse)
But did they show how powerful God and Satan were? Also, they are not the most powerful. I think its MoM

Galan007
But did they show how powerful God and Satan were? Also, they are not the most powerful. I think its MoM God/Satan were not very impressive - nor was 'God-Spawn' himself. Mxy's feats trump anything those feebs did.

xJLxKing
God/Satan were not very impressive - nor was 'God-Spawn' himself. Mxy's feats trump anything those feebs did.
That's what I was thinking.

SoulDevourer
But did they show how powerful God and Satan were? Also, they are not the most powerful. I think its MoM yeah but MoM himself(herself?) stated that both god & satan they were 100% immortal (like Urizen) in other words their always gonna exist no matter what happens (even if all realitys destroyed)
5D imps on teh other hand can be killed (at least in their own dimension)

xJLxKing
yeah but MoM himself(herself?) stated that both god & satan they were 100% immortal (like Urizen) in other words their always gonna exist no matter what happens (even if all realitys destroyed)
5D imps on teh other hand can be killed (at least in their own dimension) You don't have to kill someone to win. Didn't MoM do something to "Satan" and "God" to trap them?

SoulDevourer
You don't have to kill someone to win. Didn't MoM do something to "Satan" and "God" to trap them? iirc it's Urizen who was trapped (cause he cant be killed)

but theres always the risk they escape (hey their gods so their omnipotent ^^)

Galan007
5D imps on teh other hand can be killed (at least in their own dimension) Mxy is the exception to that rule. Even when he willingly removed all of his power, and allowed himself to truly die, he was unable to. Carlin (the 'Supreme Being') simply will never allow it to happen. Not making this up.

You don't have to kill someone to win. Didn't MoM do something to "Satan" and "God" to trap them? So blinded were God/Satan by their own personal vendettas toward each other, that they remained on the dead earth to fight each other for eternity. In fact, they had become so engrossed with their conflict that Spawn was able to create a new earth, completely unbeknownst to them (so much for them being 'omniscient' lol.)

but theres always the risk they escape (hey their gods so their omnipotent ^^) MoM seems to be more powerful than they. Thus, they cannot be 'omnipotent' in the true sense of the word.

Like I said before, God/Satan weren't overly impressive feat-wise (destroying a world is pretty much all they did) - and 'God-Spawn' was equally as unimpressive (creating a world is pretty much all he did.)

Neither of those feats really compare to what Mxy is capable of.

tjcoady
Originally posted by iceman24567
Wrong thumb down

Then you clearly didn't read the arc.

That was... kind of the point.

SoulDevourer
Mxy is the exception to that rule. Even when he willingly removed all of his power, and allowed himself to truly die, he was unable to. Carlin (the 'Supreme Being') simply will never allow it to happen. Not making this up.but he only died in the 3D dimension right? (not in 5D land)
he was then teleport back to 5D where he lived

no but at least their immortal
plus their omnipotent, sort of (like cosmic cubes are omnipotent but theres different levels of ominpotence stick out tongue)

Galan007
but he only died in the 3D dimension right? (not in 5D land)
he was then teleport back to 5D where he lived He 'died' in the 3rd dimension, and was resurrected in the 3rd dimension.

no but at least their immortal
plus their omnipotent, sort of (like cosmic cubes are omnipotent but theres different levels of ominpotence stick out tongue) 'Sort of omnipotent.' Heh..

Philosophía
'Sort of omnipotent.' Heh..

Do you really want me to drop the leves of omnipotence on you ? uhuh

Galan007
NO!!! Anything but the levels of omnipotence!! scared

Enyalus
Like I said before, God/Satan weren't overly impressive feat-wise (destroying a world is pretty much all they did) - and 'God-Spawn' was equally as unimpressive (creating a world is pretty much all he did.)

Neither of those feats really compare to what Mxy is capable of.

It says several times that God-Spawn created an entirely new universe. Not just a new Earth.

And taking on all of Heaven and Hells armies at once, and winning easily?

...Decently impressive to me.

Galan007
It says several times that God-Spawn created an entirely new universe. Not just a new Earth.

...Decently impressive to me. Does it? Hmm.

I just remember it saying something along the lines of - "between them they have the power to create a world teaming with life." (issue #163, iirc.)

But even if God/Satan did create a universe, that's still nowhere near on par with Mxy. Nor is anything 'God-Spawn' did.

xJLxKing

...Decently impressive to me. How strong are these armies of Hell and Heaven? Creating a universe is a nice feat, but I think I'll go with destroying all the universes and recreating them with a snap of the finger. I think confused

The Great Galen
Mxy clears it, he is like a avatar for the writers.

SoulDevourer
How strong are these armies of Hell and Heaven? Creating a universe is a nice feat, but I think I'll go with destroying all the universes and recreating them with a snap of the finger. I think confused recreating? isn't it the Presence who fixed everything? huh

anyway mxy is limited by 5D. for all we know theres no upper dimension limit for god, satan or god-spawn (or maybe their limited & maybe even their limited to only 3D or 4D but it was never stated so we have to suppose they aint stick out tongue)

xJLxKing
recreating? isn't it the Presence who fixed everything? huh

No, he destroyed everything. At the same time he recreated everything to his image. I think he made Superman into a dog, or a cat.

SoulDevourer
No, he destroyed everything. At the same time he recreated everything to his image. I think he made Superman into a dog, or a cat. yeah but its Presence who restored everything as it was before no? huh

btw didnt Darkseid survive the destruction? there was some survivors and besides mxy didn't destroy "everything" like the entire DC multiverse (including 7D realm, 10D realm & all that) so some parts were spared (everything above 5D acutally)

Galan007
recreating? isn't it the Presence who fixed everything?During 'WF' not only did Mxy destroy the whole of DC creation, but he recreated it all with a snap (even making plans with Bat-Mite to do the same thing "next Tuesday" lol.)

Same coin, Emperor Joker destroyed the universe (along all of it's strata,) and snapped it back into existence.

Destroying/creating realities is well within Mxy's power.

anyway mxy is limited by 5D. for all we know theres no upper dimension limit for god, satan or god-spawn (or maybe their limited & maybe even their limited to only 3D or 4D but it was never stated so we have to suppose they aint stick out tongue) It's never been stated that Mxy's powers are limited to the 5th-D (in fact, he's gone into higher dimensions just for fun.) Like I've said before in other threads, numerically higher dimensions don't necessarily equate to more powerful characters. I mean, we've seen 6-D beings, and while they were fairly powerful, they never displayed anything close to the power output of a 5-D Imp. Hell, even beings from the 52nd dimension didn't seem like they were anything greater than an average 3rd dimensional being.

SoulDevourer
It's never been stated that Mxy's powers are limited to the 5th-D (in fact, he's gone into higher dimensions just for fun.) Like I've said before in other threads, numerically higher dimensions don't necessarily equate to more powerful characters. I mean, we've seen 6-D beings, and while they were fairly powerful, they never displayed anything close to the power output of a 5-D Imp. Hell, even beings from the 52nd dimension didn't seem like they were anything greater than an average 3rd dimensional being. ah but it HAS been stated mxy's power is ONLY due to fact he's from 5D !

he has stated that he so powerful because hes "2 levels of infinity" above the normal (3D) verse
just because we dont see someone doing some uber mojo doesnt mean they aint powerful
just like marvels TOAA we never see him do anything yet we know hes "above all" even above LT

btw remember when mxy told supe "you dont wanna see a 7D imp!", this imply that 7D > 5D, and so on...

higher dimension => higher power

about mxy visiting higher dimensions : big deal, supe (3D) has also visited the 5D dimension, that dont mean hes same level as mxy, does it? stick out tongue

Galan007
ah but it HAS been stated mxy's power is ONLY due to fact he's from 5D !

he has stated that he so powerful because hes "2 levels of infinity" above the normal (3D) verse
just because we dont see someone doing some uber mojo doesnt mean they aint powerful
just like marvels TOAA we never see him do anything yet we know hes "above all" even above LT

btw remember when mxy told supe "you dont wanna see a 7D imp!", this imply that 7D > 5D, and so on...

higher dimension => higher power facepalm

SoulDevourer
sad

Enyalus
Does it? Hmm.

I just remember it saying something along the lines of - "between them they have the power to create a world teaming with life." (issue #163, iirc.)

But even if God/Satan did create a universe, that's still nowhere near on par with Mxy. Nor is anything 'God-Spawn' did.

Oh, no. God and Satan were given their universe by MoM. God Spawn, though, created his own universe, which housed that separate Earth. That is what's stated. MoM (Mother) even tells Spawn that because he created this universe, the laws of physics are his to command...that's when he seals off Heaven and Hell from the mortal plane.

Galan007
Oh, no. God and Satan were given their universe by MoM. God Spawn, though, created his own universe, which housed that separate Earth. That is what's stated. MoM (Mother) even tells Spawn that because he created this universe, the laws of physics are his to command...that's when he seals off Heaven and Hell from the mortal plane. Hmm, I guess I'll have to reread that when I get home. But as I said before, even if that is the case, Mxy's still >.

Galan007
God Spawn, though, created his own universe, which housed that separate Earth. That is what's stated. MoM (Mother) even tells Spawn that because he created this universe, the laws of physics are his to command...that's when he seals off Heaven and Hell from the mortal plane. -Spawn-
"What happened to Heaven/Hell?"

-MoM-
"They still exist, but you are this world's creator. You make the rules now... If you want to close the portals that link Heaven/Hell to earth, you only have to say the words."

-Spawn-
"THEN I CLOSE THEM! From now on, no Demon/Angel will ever interfere with a single human life":

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1242592_god2.jpg

All that was talked about there was one world, not a universe. So.... *shrug*

----

On a sidenote, here's that scan I was talking about, regarding God/Satan's final battle..

"Between them they had the power to create a world teeming with life and beauty":

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1242591_god1.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus

...Decently impressive to me.

When did it say, that God Spawn created a new Universe?

What issue, because I have every Spawn comic published and it never said that, if I recall.

Tell me the issue and I'll check it out.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When did it say, that God Spawn created a new Universe?

What issue, because I have every Spawn comic published and it never said that, if I recall.

Tell me the issue and I'll check it out.

I'll do one better - I'll post the pages I'm talking about when I get home. It'll be a few hours.

And Galan, I agree that Mxy is > God-Spawn. I was just posting reasons for why he loses at #6.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is Swap-God, beside God Spawn?

What has Man of Miracles done so impressive to put him as the last?

Just wondering because it seems I missed something.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll do one better - I'll post the pages I'm talking about when I get home. It'll be a few hours.

And Galan, I agree that Mxy is > God-Spawn. I was just posting reasons for why he loses at #6.

Tell, me the issue, I'll re-read it, and then post scans, if you like.

Enyalus
Tell, me the issue, I'll re-read it, and then post scans, if you like.

I would assume its either 163 or 164.

Galan007
And Galan, I agree that Mxy is > God-Spawn. I was just posting reasons for why he loses at #6. Cool beans. thumb up

IMO, the only reason Mxy is stopped at #6 is because of 'Swamp-God' - as he had sufficient power to replace the God (according to the Word.)

Rage.Of.Olympus
IMO, the only reason Mxy is stopped at #6 is because of 'Swamp-God.' According to the Word, 'Swamp-God' had sufficient power to replace the God.

That's true.

Mxy could probably stop even as far as eight.

Enyalus
Cool beans. thumb up

IMO, the only reason Mxy is stopped at #6 is because of 'Swamp-God' - as he had sufficient power to replace the God (according to the Word.)

That was during Morrison, and then Millar's run, right? Volume 2?

(You told me Moore some time ago. stick out tongue)

xJLxKing
I never heard of Swamp-God. Who is he?

Enyalus
I never heard of Swamp-God. Who is he?

Yo momma.

Galan007
That was during Morrison, and then Millar's run, right? Volume 2?

(You told me Moore some time ago. stick out tongue) Moore's run was excellent. And ST made his transition into 'Swamp-God' during the final issues of v2 (which was during Millar's run.) And yes, v2 was extremely good as well.

xJLxKing
Yo momma.
technically it's your mother

Enyalus
Anything Moore writes except Supreme's reboot is excellent.

...Except 'Lost Girls' was too weird for me.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would assume its either 163 or 164.

I just read all of Spawn 163, when he had his power, and it never stated that he created an entire Universe.

I honestly don't know where you got that from.

Enyalus
I just read all of Spawn 163, when he had his power, and it never stated that he created an entire Universe.

Chill and gimme three and a half hours. stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Alright lol.

I just can't see what I'm missing in that issue.

Endless Mike
The gauntlet seems a little out of order

Enyalus

I think this is what contributed to my understanding that it was an entirely separate universe:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Spawn164p0.jpg

'...another plane of existence...'

Indicating that the Earth he remade was on an entirely different plane, aka dimension, aka universe. Also giving him control over either that version's Heaven and Hell, or simply Heaven and Hell itself.

I don't know if that's considered speculation on my part or not...if you and Galan don't agree with the interpretation, that's perfectly fine. I'll concede. The evidence is shaky.

id369
In heaven throne room, that seat will grant you control over the entire universe. MoM forcibly removed both Satan and God from their seats of power.

I'm Bran
Apparently Greenworld is a gateway to many different dimensions. For example, a level of Hell is a dimension. So, if he created that he would have created a multiverse... although it'd be a small Multiverse... probably way less than a universe... maybe Galaxy-ish, solar system sized?

Although he probably just created the Earth and attached all the dimensions to it, as iirc they were cut off from the previous Earth.

Not sure if another God or Lusedawg was created though.

Meh. Stopped reading Spawn after that issue, and that was a long time ago.

Enyalus
I stopped reading after 176...But I did pick up Spawn - Godslayer...that's pretty good.

Galan007
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Apparently Greenworld is a gateway to many different dimensions. For example, a level of Hell is a dimension. So, if he created that he would have created a multiverse... although it'd be a small Multiverse... probably way less than a universe... maybe Galaxy-ish, solar system sized?

Although he probably just created the Earth and attached all the dimensions to it, as iirc they were cut off from the previous Earth.

Not sure if another God or Lusedawg was created though.

Meh. Stopped reading Spawn after that issue, and that was a long time ago. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.