Superman, hulk vs Gladiator, doomsday.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Current superman.
Savage hulk.
Fully confident gladiator.
hunters prey doomsday.

Who wins?

xJLxKing
Very nice match up. Depending on who is stronger.
DD>Hulk
Superman>Glad?

Enyalus
Team Two stomps.

zeel
this is current supes so dunno. Current supes is very overpowered atm. If this was old supes id say team 2 for sure.

carver9
Originally posted by xJLxKing
DD>Hulk
Superman>Glad?

Let me correct this for you.

Gladiator>Superman
Depending on which version of doomsday so I'm not judging this because if its dos then Savage hulk>>DOS doomsday.

Zack Fair
Team two stomps.

HP Doomsday and a Full Confidence Glads?

Great.

Hulk is useless in this matchup.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by carver9
Let me correct this for you.

Gladiator>Superman
Depending on which version of doomsday so I'm not judging this because if its dos then Savage hulk>>DOS doomsday.
Current Superman very strong. I'd say he is pretty much even with Gladiator. This is HOP DD as the TC stated.

Raoul
DD>Hulk
Superman>Glad?

pretty much...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Raoul
pretty much...
What the f**k? Raoul agrees ?

carver9
Current Superman very strong. I'd say he is pretty much even with Gladiator. This is HOP DD as the TC stated.

I agree, he is strong but he yet to prove that he's on gladiators level. Until I see him fly out of a solar system destroying blast or move planets around like paper or bust planets open with his fist THEN i would say they are equals. Superman/ Doomsday has yet to prove that he's on gladiators level.

Raoul
What the f**k? Raoul agrees ?

that superman would beat gladiator and dd would beat hulk? sure, why not?

xJLxKing
that superman would beat gladiator and dd would beat hulk? sure, why not? thumb up

Zack Fair
Current Supes has pushed earth around whistle

carver9
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Current Supes has pushed earth around whistle

Scans because he had to sun dip to push war world around that was the size of pluto.

Raoul
Scans because he had to sun dip to push war world around that was the size of pluto.

read the latest jla. and no, he's pulling the earth, not pushing it.

for the record, warworld had engines pushing against him.

Zack Fair
Apologies allknowing kyrptonian god. nod

carver9

for the record, warworld had engines pushing against him.

I know that war world had engines but he didnt know that before pushing the planet.

Also, can you please provide a scan because its not in his respect thread.

xJLxKing
I know that war world had engines but he didnt know that before pushing the planet.

Those engines(I think) where moving against him at the speed of light.

Raoul

it is in the respect thread.

superman not knowing warworld had engines doesn't devalue the feat. brainiac says to push the engines to full power, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

carver9
it is in the respect thread.

superman not knowing warworld had engines doesn't devalue the feat. brainiac says to push the engines to full power, and it doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

But his entire point for sundipping was to move war world which he knew that he didnt have the strength to do under his own power.

carver9
Those engines(I think) where moving against him at the speed of light.

that was never stated in the book.

I'm Bran

Raoul

xJLxKing
that was never stated in the book.
I am going to go check.

carver9
it wasn't that at all. he hadn't tried to move warworld, so there's no way of knowing whether he could or couldn't have. the reason he sundipped was because he was going to end the war. with a sundip, he's damn near unstoppable, whether it be brainiac or imperiex trying to stop him.

laughing out loud

did i say he didn't help?

You think very highly of superman. I honestly think that with a sun dipp that would put him at high herald statis, not unstoppable.

I still dont think that superman could have moved war world under his own power even without the engines going off because everyone was shocked that he was even moving that small planet, EVEN with a sundip.

carver9
I am going to go check.

Trust me, you wont find anything because it was never stated.

xJLxKing
You think very highly of superman. I honestly think that with a sun dipp that would put him at high herald statis, not unstoppable.

I still dont think that superman could have moved war world under his own power even without the engines going off because everyone was shocked that he was even moving that small planet, EVEN with a sundip.
Superman is already High Herald level. He definitely is on his current stated. He even defeat people who were High Herald levels. When sundipped(depending how long), he seriously is past High Herald level

Zack Fair
Sundip just making Supes a high herald...wtf?

I'm Bran
laughing out loud

did i say he didn't help? yes

carver9

thats what I think.

I'm Bran
he just said wtf to what you think then.

Get him CARVY!

carver9

got a question, what feats does a sundip superman have that puts him above high herald?

Bentley
None, but regular Supes has enough feats to be the highest level of herald around. And sundip makes him stronger.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
None, but regular Supes has enough feats to be the highest level of herald around. And sundip makes him stronger.

So superman has brought back life, went back in time, absorb an entire sun, change the mood of people attitudes, matter manipulate, stop time, create black holes, etc.... confused

I'm Bran
Oh snap!

The Carvbomb has just been dropped.

Good luck everyone else.

Bentley
So superman has brought back life, went back in time, absorb an entire sun, change the mood of people attitudes, matter manipulate, stop time, create black holes, etc.... confused

He has stomped people who can do that, read Darkseid.

carver9
He has stomped people who can do that, read Darkseid.

Hulk has stomped people that can do that, along with juggernaut, etc....

Bentley
Hulk has stomped people that can do that, along with juggernaut, etc....

Hulk is an herald leveler, if he could fly or shoot blazes hotter than the sun I'm sure he would be in a higher tier.

I'm Bran
Hulk has stomped people that can do that, along with juggernaut, etc.... Carvy's on fire!

carver9
Hulk is an herald leveler, if he could fly or shoot blazes hotter than the sun I'm sure he would be in a higher tier.

That doesnt make sense. confused

By the way, spiderman has taken on top tiers, what do you consider him.

carver9
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Carvy's on fire!

I hate you.

I'm Bran
I wasn't saying that you were actually burning silly.

I meant that you are throwing down logic at a 99.9% flow rate.

carver9
I wasn't saying that you were actually burning silly.

I meant that you are throwing down logic at a 99.9% flow rate.

Lol, thanks, I thought that you was being EVIL

Bentley
That doesnt make sense. confused

By the way, spiderman has taken on top tiers, what do you consider him.

What doesn't make sense? Are you saying you need to resurrect people and do fancy tricks to be in the high herald ranking? One would say that faster than light speed, intangibility, uber durability, the ability to amp himself using sundipping, ice breath and hotter than the sun heat vision should be enough!

Supes beats top tier every comic from the last thirty years and you compare him with Spider-man. confused

carver9
What doesn't make sense? Are you saying you need to resurrect people and do fancy tricks to be in the high herald ranking? One would say that faster than light speed, intangibility, uber durability, the ability to amp himself using sundipping, ice breath and hotter than the sun heat vision should be enough!

Supes beats top tier every comic from the last thirty years and you compare him with Spider-man. confused

High heralds is so much more then what you just named. Everything that you just said is physical characteristics when surfer has that in spades including a whole league of versatility and power. Hell, surfer powered up and destroyed a planet. During a fight with morg there simple movements destroyed a planets. Surfer follow a trail that was going at the speed of light like it was nothing. Superman is a brick whereas surfer is so much more.

carver9

got a question, do you think that supreme hyperion is a high herald or how about this, what class would you put mimic at since he shoot cosmic blast out of his eyes and is nigh invulnerable, super strength and fly 93000 mps. So I guess hes mid herald.

Bentley
High heralds is so much more then what you just named. Everything that you just said is physical characteristics when surfer has that in spades including a whole league of versatility and power. Hell, surfer powered up and destroyed a planet. During a fight with morg there simple movements destroyed a planets. Surfer follow a trail that was going at the speed of light like it was nothing. Superman is a brick whereas surfer is so much more.

Who wins, Iron-man or World War Hulk?

Versatility ≠ higher ranking

Bentley
Gotta go, discuss to you later.

carver9
Who wins, Iron-man or World War Hulk?

Versatility ≠ higher ranking

So now you're comparing iron man and silver surfers versatility when iron mans versatility is more defensive then anything. I also said versatility AND power.

Raoul
You think very highly of superman.

no more than you think lowly of him...

the shock was because he was moving an engine propelled planet through nothing more than physical strength. thats a pretty shocking thing for anyone. it wasn't people who knew superman's powers intimately sitting there saying he shouldn't be able to do it.

carver9
no more than you think lowly of him...

the shock was because he was moving an engine propelled planet through nothing more than physical strength. thats a pretty shocking thing for anyone. it wasn't people who knew superman's powers intimately sitting there saying he shouldn't be able to do it.

They were shocked before the engines went off. confused

Raoul
They were shocked before the engines went off. confused

because it was one man pushing a planet, not because they presumed he wasn't strong enough.

carver9
because it was one man pushing a planet, not because they presumed he wasn't strong enough.

So them saying "Superman is pushing a planet" and them being in unbelief of someone doing that doesnt make it seem like they didnt think that he wasnt strong enough.

Raoul
So them saying "Superman is pushing a planet" and them being in unbelief of someone doing that doesnt make it seem like they didnt think that he wasnt strong enough.

no, it means that they were impressed. the war was over. even darkseid had submitted. he was expecting defeat at any moment. all hope was lost.

look at what steel says.

"Dear God Superman. You're moving a planet."

the emphasis is on the movement of the planet, not the fact that it's superman moving it.

Philosophía
Team 1.

I'm Bran
Is Superman sundipped here or something?

xJLxKing
nope

carver9
no, it means that they were impressed. the war was over. even darkseid had submitted. he was expecting defeat at any moment. all hope was lost.

look at what steel says.

"Dear God Superman. You're moving a planet."

the emphasis is on the movement of the planet, not the fact that it's superman moving it.

I could have sworn that they said SUPERMAN was moving a planet instead of YOUR moving a planet.

Raoul
Is Superman sundipped here or something?

it's a viable tactic, isn't it? stick out tongue

I could have sworn that they said SUPERMAN was moving a planet instead of YOUR moving a planet.

i read it straight from the comic as i was typing... unless you mean a different panel...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator > Superman

Gladiator's powers fluctuates a great deal with every showing but at his strongest he can collapse stars with his bare hands, contain Super Nova's etc.

That in my opinion is beyond current Superman. The strength necessary to collapse stars should and would turn Superman into a pulp as even current Superman, has been harmed by much less strength.

I have not seen anything in post-crisis Superman to match that strength.

He has moved the gears of Mageddon, pushed War World etc. All very impressive, but still doesn't even begin to come close to the strength Gladiator is supposed to have at Full confidence.

Hunter Prey Doomsday > Hulk

Hunter Prey is superior to Savage Hulk. Anyone who read the arc would know this.

carver9
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator > Superman

Gladiator's powers fluctuates a great deal with every showing but at his strongest he can collapse stars with his bare hands, contain Super Nova's etc.

That in my opinion is beyond current Superman. The strength necessary to collapse stars should and would turn Superman into a pulp as even current Superman, has been harmed by much less strength.

I have not seen anything in post-crisis Superman to match that strength.

He has moved the gears of Mageddon, pushed War World etc. All very impressive, but still doesn't even begin to come close to the strength Gladiator is supposed to have at Full confidence.

Hunter Prey Doomsday > Hulk

Hunter Prey is superior to Savage Hulk. Anyone who read the arc would know this.

This statement is sooooo true and I forgot about him containing a solar system destroying blast that he took in the face without suffering any damage.

carver9

i read it straight from the comic as i was typing... unless you mean a different panel...

You could be right, I'll look at it when I get home. I thought i had it memorized due to how many times I read that arc. wink

I'm Bran
No. get out.

xJLxKing
This statement is sooooo true and I forgot about him containing a solar system destroying blast that he took in the face without suffering any damage.
Superman held a black hole together in his hand. That take more.

carver9

That was a test of durability then anything else. Gladiator actually CONTAINED a solar system destroying blast and then he took the blast to the face without even feeling it. Is superman punches harder then a solar system destroying blast that gladiator wasnt even fazed by. Do you honestly think that superman can output more power then that to put gladiator down.

xJLxKing
That was a test of durability then anything else. Gladiator actually CONTAINED a solar system destroying blast and then he took the blast to the face without even feeling it. Is superman punches harder then a solar system destroying blast that gladiator wasnt even fazed by. Do you honestly think that superman can output more power then that to put gladiator down.
They are BOTH durability feats. In my opinion, Superman was better. Even a small black hole would have enough power to make the sun into a tiny tiny tiny atom. FYI Superman took a explosion of the sun eater which was red sun light radiation. The explosion was also as big. Please go check out the Superman respect thread.

psycho gundam
They are BOTH durability feats. In my opinion, Superman was better. actually, they're both stupid feats made by the writers, superman's is just more asinine.

i don't want to even get into how retarded it was.

carver9
They are BOTH durability feats. In my opinion, Superman was better. Even a small black hole would have enough power to make the sun into a tiny tiny tiny atom. FYI Superman took a explosion of the sun eater which was red sun light radiation. The explosion was also as big. Please go check out the Superman respect thread.

Why do I need to check the respect thread when I seen the comic and wasnt superman knocked out during this encounter and also, it wasnt directly on him when it happened, he was some distance away. Nice feat but not even remotely close to what gladiator has done.

Thats not the only feat that make me think that gladiator is more powerful then superman. Gladiator being able to move planets and bust planets open makes me think that he is above superman SINCE superboy prime is about the only being in Dc that has accomplished that feat in recent years. There has been hardly no proof of planet busters in dc just using physical strength except again, superboy prime. Collapsing stars also make me think that he's above superman and flying 100 times the speed of light which was QUOTED for gladiator. By the way, when has gladiator ever been koed by physical might without some outside plot device. The only times I have seen him knocked out took tp, and radiation.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
actually, they're both stupid feats made by the writers, superman's is just more asinine.

i don't want to even get into how retarded it was.
I am not saying it was good writing. Whenever you have to much power, power ups, and feats it becomes bad writing. No matter who the character is. Just look what happened in DBZ. They started it off nice, and then it went straight to hell. People just getting upgrades and power ups each match that it became stupid writing.

psycho gundam
i'm glad you think like that, some stuff is just too stupid to take seriously.

- hulk thunder clapping an entire dimension to shit.

- superman holding a blackhole and not being pulled into it even though he is making some sort of contact with it.

- etc

xJLxKing
Why do I need to check the respect thread when I seen the comic and wasnt superman knocked out during this encounter and also, it wasnt directly on him when it happened, he was some distance away. Nice feat but not even remotely close to what gladiator has done.

Thats not the only feat that make me think that gladiator is more powerful then superman. Gladiator being able to move planets and bust planets open makes me think that he is above superman SINCE superboy prime is about the only being in Dc that has accomplished that feat in recent years. There has been hardly no proof of planet busters in dc just using physical strength except again, superboy prime. Collapsing stars also make me think that he's above superman and flying 100 times the speed of light which was QUOTED for gladiator. By the way, when has gladiator ever been koed by physical might without some outside plot device. The only times I have seen him knocked out took tp, and radiation.
If your are going to compare Glad to SMP then please stop. Superman Prime is on a different level. He survived an explosion that destroyed the universe. He was only knocked out. He even destroyed other Superman with his heat vision.

Any ways I am pretty sure the feat is better then Glads. It was a Supernova when the suneater exploded. That suneater ate a lot of Giant Dwarfs. That was thrown on to stuperman and he didn't die. It's not like it was a regular Super Nova. It was Superman Nova that that a red sunlight. It was hitting Superman!

@psycho gundam.
How about beyonder thinking too hard made planets explode big grin

carver9
If your are going to compare Glad to SMP then please stop. Superman Prime is on a different level. He survived an explosion that destroyed the universe. He was only knocked out. He even destroyed other Superman with his heat vision.

Any ways I am pretty sure the feat is better then Glads. It was a Supernova when the suneater exploded. That suneater ate a lot of Giant Dwarfs. That was thrown on to stuperman and he didn't die. It's not like it was a regular Super Nova. It was Superman Nova that that a red sunlight. It was hitting Superman!

@psycho gundam.

I'm not comparing him to superboy prime, I simply said that he's the only person in dc with the feats.

xJLxKing
I'm not comparing him to superboy prime, I simply said that he's the only person in dc with the feats.
Oh, well I think Dc is making their character weaker; some actually.

Naija boy
Didnt superman absorb the energy of the sun eater?

psycho gundam
@psycho gundam.
How about beyonder thinking too hard made planets explode big grin pre-retcon beyonder is a little different don't you think? that's kind of a low feat for him.

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Didnt superman absorb the energy of the sun eater?

Thats what I thought but I havent read it in so long and I only read it once that I was unsure.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Don't even use that as a feat. We know what effects a "true" black hole would have, even a miniature one.

The writer obviously didn't pass science class, as he would now what would happen to the planet if a real....never mind...

Gladiator's feat is pretty bad as well, but at least it's been explained that his power set is in part psionic. That good justify that feat in some way.

xJLxKing
Don't even use that as a feat. We know what effects a "true" black hole would have, even a miniature one.

The writer obviously didn't pass science class, as he would now what would happen to the planet if a real....never mind...
Yes, I know but it's a feat nevertheless. Yes, I hate it too. Just because it doesn't have a logic feat doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Otherwise you will have to explain to me how w guardian of an empire has a Afro.

Rage.Of.Olympus

@psycho gundam.

What feat are you talking about?

You mean, the time he took Jonathan Kent into space?

xJLxKing
What feat are you talking about?

You mean, the time he took Jonathan Kent into space?
I'll try and get the image.

psycho gundam
technically, can't hulk sunamp/amp also? he feeds on gamma radiation and the sun has that in spades. in fact the sun reuses gamma radiation like an after burner, there is a ton of it inside the sun just waiting for him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'll try and get the image.

Is it that issue?

I have it, so scans aren't needed.

I'm Bran
technically, can't hulk sunamp/amp also? he feeds on gamma radiation and the sun has that in spades. in fact the sun reuses gamma radiation like an after burner, there is a ton of it inside the sun just waiting for him.
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Jesus_facepalm.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
LOL!

Raoul
No. get out.

awesome

psycho gundam
whatever, it's still a possibility.

xJLxKing
Is it that issue?

I have it, so scans aren't needed.
No idea, here it is. One of them atleast. It's taken from respect thread.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4028/starexplodegk9.jpg

and

Superman surviving the destruction of a sun eater at ground zero. The sun eater is an enormously energetic cloud that literally eats both the energy and mass of whole stars. The sun eater was considerably larger than a star, had been in existence for millenia and had consumed the energy of many stars by travelling from galaxy to galaxy. Which proves that he's far more durable than any DBZ/GT character.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080012pm3uo.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080419pm3ri.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability11pn.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Scan's don't work (Still don't know what issue you are referring to), and thumb's dude. Posted images are just way to big.

Superman surviving that Star exploding is impressive, but do not forget it is a yellow Star like the Sun and he wasn't at the core blast. Still impressive though.

I can't comment on the exploding Sun Eater because I do not know what instance you are referring to.

xJLxKing
Scan's don't work (Still don't know what issue you are referring to), and thumb's dude. Posted images are just way to big.

Superman surviving that Star exploding is impressive, but do not forget it is a yellow Star like the Sun and he wasn't at the core blast. Still impressive though.

I can't comment on the exploding Sun Eater because I do not know what instance you are referring to.
How about him and the megaton bomb?

carver9
No idea, here it is. One of them atleast. It's taken from respect thread.
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/4028/starexplodegk9.jpg

and

Superman surviving the destruction of a sun eater at ground zero. The sun eater is an enormously energetic cloud that literally eats both the energy and mass of whole stars. The sun eater was considerably larger than a star, had been in existence for millenia and had consumed the energy of many stars by travelling from galaxy to galaxy. Which proves that he's far more durable than any DBZ/GT character.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080012pm3uo.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...080419pm3ri.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability49cp.jpg

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/...ability11pn.jpg

hes not more durable then any dbz character. Superman has been koed by much less then what any dbz character go through in a regular series.

by the way that feat isnt even comparable to what gladiator did but it was a nice feat though.

xJLxKing
Don't think you should start Dbz Vs Superman. Dbz are just not as stong as DC, MU power houses. I watched the series from start to end and they never destroyed anything more then a planet.

Any ways the first feat isn't as good as Glads, but the second one certainly is.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How about him and the megaton bomb?

Are you actually comparing a Megaton bomb to containing a Super Nova?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Don't think you should start Dbz Vs Superman. Dbz are just not as stong as DC, MU power houses. I watched the series from start to end and they never destroyed anything more then a planet.

Any ways the first feat isn't as good as Glads, but the second one certainly is.

What is the second feat?

If it's what I think it is I want to comment on it directly, but the links don't work so I can't be sure.

carver9

no its not and dont forget that glads wasnt even affected by the blast. he flew out of it without a problem. We dont know the extent of the force that gladiator can take. Since he took a solar system destroying blast and walked out of it what kind of blast can hurt him.

By the way, dbz>>>>>>>>>>>mu and dc but lets stay on topic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gladiator's hair wasn't even singed, or out of place.

Mohawk > Superman

Lol.

carver9
Gladiator's hair wasn't even singed, or out of place.

Mohawk > Superman

Lol.

Lol laughing

I'm Bran
By the way, dbz>>>>>>>>>>>mu and dc but lets stay on topic. Ah!?

What the cock is this shit?

carver9
Ah!?

What the cock is this shit?

My bad laughing

xJLxKing
What is the second feat?

If it's what I think it is I want to comment on it directly, but the links don't work so I can't be sure.
I don't know what the second feat looks like. I will try getting another scan like it.

Not a fan

You got to understand though. Superman was hit by a Sun Eater who used Red Sunlight radiation. That weakened him. Do you remember what it did to Superman when he when through a red Sun?

BTW if you want to debate about DBx please just send PM me.

carver9
I don't know what the second feat looks like. I will try getting another scan like it.

Not a fan

You got to understand though. Superman was hit by a Sun Eater who used Red Sunlight radiation. That weakened him. Do you remember what it did to Superman when he when through a red Sun?

Deal

xJLxKing
The Suneater explosion Feat is in the first page and first post in the original Superman thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Not a fan

Hold on, if you don't know what the second feat looks like then how the hell can you say it's greater than Gladiator's feats.

I'm confused really.

Superman wasn't even inside the initial blast, when the Sun Eater was destroyed if I remember.

The blast was coming at him in the form of radiation etc. and it would have destroyed him the moment it touched him but Jonathan saved Clark with the ship.

I don't remember the specifics, but isn't that what happened.

Clark was being hit by Red Solar Radiation (Nice durability feat), he threw the bomb, then he was sent flying, and the blast was coming at him at light speed. It stated that he would have died the moment it touched him, but was saved because of Jonathan.

Isn't that what happened?

xJLxKing
Hold on, if you don't know what the second feat looks like then how the hell can you say it's greater than Gladiator's feats.

I'm confused really.

Superman wasn't even inside the initial blast, when the Sun Eater was destroyed if I remember.

The blast was coming at him in the form of radiation etc. and it would have destroyed him the moment it touched him but Jonathan saved Clark with the ship.

I don't remember the specifics, but isn't that what happened.

Clark was being hit by Red Solar Radiation (Nice durability feat), he threw the bomb, then he was sent flying, and the blast was coming at him at light speed. It stated that he would have died the moment it touched him, but was saved because of Jonathan.

Isn't that what happened?
I don't know the feat because I don't know what the picture is. I forgot the picture.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok then, then if you forget the feat, how can you say that it is superior to Gladiator's feat?

That's what I don't get.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The Suneater explosion Feat is in the first page and first post in the original Superman thread.

Are you talking about the time, he helped the Legion?

xJLxKing
Ok then, then if you forget the feat, how can you say that it is superior to Gladiator's feat?

That's what I don't get.
Just wait I will give one image. However, he did survive more a supernova more then once.

Here
http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/851/durability11pn.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
I believe that is the time he helped the Legion.

Isn't that the Superman right after Crisis in the 1980's where nuclear explosions can knock the hell out of him? Or was that Pre-Crisis?

It's been a while and I don't remember the specifics.

If I remember correctly, Roger Stern wrote that story, and there was some plot mishap, where Superman was able to survive the blast, where it was an implosion etc. or some other crap.

Context, changes the meaning of feats greatly. If I remember the issue, I could re-read it. Anyone remember the issue. I think it was Action Comics 600 something lol.

Philosophía
I'd help you people there.

But that'd mean I'd side with Carver. And nobody wants that.

xJLxKing
I believe that is the time he helped the Legion.

Isn't that the Superman right after Crisis in the 1980's where nuclear explosions can knock the hell out of him? Or was that Pre-Crisis?

It's been a while and I don't remember the specifics.

If I remember correctly, Roger Stern wrote that story, and there was some plot mishap, where Superman was able to survive the blast, where it was an implosion etc. or some other crap.

Context, changes the meaning of feats greatly. If I remember the issue, I could re-read it. Anyone remember the issue. I think it was Action Comics 600 something lol.
You seem to know more then me, but you have to understand. A LOT of people are saying that Superman is almost at his PC levels. If that so, I don't see why he can't use this feat.

Mindset
A lot of people are wrong.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
I am one of them smokin'

Rage.Of.Olympus

Nihilist
team 2 h/p dd could solo

Rage.Of.Olympus

True.

Current Superman is no where near Pre-Crisis Superman in my opinion, he has been punched, cut, etc. by strictly earth bound beings multiple times.

Mindset
I am one of them smokin' ok

Rage.Of.Olympus
You seem to know more then me, but you have to understand. A LOT of people are saying that Superman is almost at his PC levels. If that so, I don't see why he can't use this feat.

The majority of people in the world believed at a time that the Sun rotated around the Earth, that didn't mean it was true.

Pre-Crisis Superman (An entire page of &gtwink Current Superman

xJLxKing
ok
Are you?

Mindset
Are you? Am I what?

xJLxKing
Am I what? Wrong duh!!!!

Mindset
Wrong duh!!!! No, because I don't think Current Supes and Pre Crisis Supes are close in power.

xJLxKing
No, because I don't think Current Supes and Pre Crisis Supes are close in power.
thumb up

Zack Fair
LoL. Now we can't use feats because writters don't know science? Wow.

psycho gundam
sure, why not. it's not the 50's anymore, kids are pretty smart these days.

I'm Bran
sure, why not. it's not the 50's anymore, kids are pretty smart these days. lies

Zack Fair
So how many feats are we going to ban because they don't follow scientific rules?

psycho gundam
i remember my first comic ever, twas a superman book.

i can't remember the issue but it had flying monkeys, jimmy olsen, and the bad guy was...... he was like a shaman or something that could change inanimate objects into life-like creatures. (props to whomever finds it)

So how many feats are we going to ban because they don't follow scientific rules? that's not the point, the point is some feats are just too stupid since after that point, any badguy should crumble under their fist even if the guy is holding back with all his/her might.

i.e hulk clapping a dimension out of existance.

the black hole thing is just wrong on many levels

Rage.Of.Olympus
So how many feats are we going to ban because they don't follow scientific rules?

That's not what is meant in this thread, I think....

The Superman containing a black hole in his palm, should not be a valid because it isn't truly a black hole. It doesn't have any of the scientific properties. It could be something else that he is containing but it is not a true black hole.

At least Gladiator has psionic powers etc.

Astronaut
Green scar > dd

vansonbee
Team 2
Gladiator > Superman
Doomsday > Hulk

who ever knock out quickest, get extra hand

quanchi112
Team 2 wins.

Enyalus

Erm...that feat of he and Hal pulling the Earth was in the previous volume of the JLA, wasn't it? Ditto for He, Kyle, and Wonder Woman doing it.

carver9

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Erm...that feat of he and Hal pulling the Earth was in the previous volume of the JLA, wasn't it? Ditto for He, Kyle, and Wonder Woman doing it.

no. it was in the last jla issue out last week. no mcduffie. it was a recollection, so the original instance might have been in an older comic...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.