Who would you hire to protect Earth?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You are in charge of protecting Earth. You have the following choices, which team do you think would best be able to protect Earth from any threat? Rank the teams from best to worst.

*The teams have access to all the resources of their members.

*NOTE: This scenario asks which team you think can best protect Earth...not which team is most powerful.

---

A. Superman / Batman

B. Silver Surfer / Reed Richards

C. Thor / Iron Man

Bouboumaster
Without a doubt: B

Surfer is the second most powerful here after Thor, but Richards is able to create kick-ass invention.

Like an Anti-Galactus Suit, for exemple. It's like the Iron Man suit, but it have the purpose to take on Galactus, not to loose against Hulk (take that, Stark!).

shokosugi

Well, if Supes has access to the Sword of Superman then Team A definitely.

Naija boy
Definitely B simply because they can protect the earth from the widest array of attacks. Surfers versatility+Reeds intelligence is an uber combination.

srankmissingnin
B

Draco69
I assume you mean OUR Earth. Plain 'ol Earth.

C is definitely out. Stark cannot be trusted. And Thor is simply too volatile.

B is out simply because of Richards. He's a brilliant man but he's TOO brilliant. We've seen what happens when he becomes detached from humanity and focuses on his experiments. Clor anybody? Silver Surfer is simply too powerful and detached from humanity. The public wouldn't trust him

Thus we're lleft with A. Superman would do a stellar job; being a guardian angel saving everyone when he can. Batman would similarly tackle crime and terrorism on all levels.

Superman and Batman are the only ones who could actual FIT in our world IMO.

srankmissingnin
Richard is worse than Wayne? I rather have Clor than OMACs running all over the place.

The public wouldn't trust Superman more than Surfer either.

Draco69
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Richard is worse than Wayne? I rather have Clor than OMACs running all over the place.

Batman has his limits. Richards just takes it a whole new level where he doesn't stop until something goes wrong. This is man who creates flower pots made of black holes just for the science. Recently, Millar has written him to be depiction of science without morals. IMO the only thing that prevents him from going over the edge his family. Which he won't have in our world

Batman only created the OMACs because of superheroes mindwiping everyone. There's no superheroes in our world either than Superman. Which he would no doubt have K-Nite for just in case.

I see him becoming Batman a la "Dark Knight".

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The public wouldn't trust Superman more than Surfer either.

Superman has shown time and again he knows how to win the public's trust as the Boy Scout and his "boy next door" attitude. He definitely have problems with international affairs but he's dealt with that before. The people will love him eventually with no doubt a few dissenters on Youtube stating he's the anti-christ.

Silver Surfer on the other hand sucks at public relations. He's never really protected mankind other from cosmic threats. He's genuinely perturbed by human affairs and often tries to avoid it. The public won't trust him because he's friggin' silver and he's clearly not human, nor does he inspire faith like Superman does.

shokosugi
Reed Richards was given genius-level intellect by Marvel because his powers are pathetic.

shokosugi
Silver Surfer is over-rated. Doom steals his power and it's all over.

Naija boy
Originally posted by shokosugi

Why do u love making inciteful statements in all the threads u r in? Whats wrong with actually contributing to the thread?

shokosugi
Originally posted by Naija boy
Why do u love making inciteful statements in all the threads u r in? Whats wrong with actually contributing to the thread?

i am saying SS gets owned pretty easily. it's the truth.

Mindset
Why do u love making inciteful statements in all the threads u r in? Whats wrong with actually contributing to the thread? How would he contribute when he has never read a comic?

Naija boy

How does SS getting owned by doom pretty easily have anything to do with this scenario? In fact dont answer that. There no point anyways

shokosugi
How does SS getting owned by doom pretty easily have anything to do with this scenario? In fact dont answer that. There no point anyways

oh sorry i noticed your avatar. yeah i guess SS is not too bad smile

Naija boy
Originally posted by Mindset
How would he contribute when he has never read a comic?

true i just realised that and hve decided not to bother with him. It really just a waste of time.

Enyalus
A.

shokosugi
true i just realised that and hve decided not to bother with him. It really just a waste of time.

sorry if i offended you. didn't know you were such a SS fan. smile

Wei Phoenix

Doom owning him was not easy and that is a huge feat. Doom is not some average Joe when it comes cunning. Even Thanos stated himself that he must keep tabs on Doom and you know you're the shit when Thanos worries enough to keep up with your exploits and whatnot.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Doom owning him was not easy and that is a huge feat. Doom is not some average Joe when it comes cunning. Even Thanos stated himself that he must keep tabs on Doom and you know you're the shit when Thanos worries enough to keep up with your exploits and whatnot.

thumb up

Wild Shadow
someone who is actually capable of protecting all earth is SS, yeah doesnt bother with human affairs but it will at least allow us humans to rely on each other instead of a would be god. anything intergalactic or cosmic level thread that SS cant handle well reed can lend a hand with tech to assist.

i rather have an aloft being then one who interferes in human affairs just my personal view.. i like my free will and not liked being judged or punished by superior beings with no real grasp of humanity.

Wei Phoenix
thumb up

I'm glad you agree. We all see the light sooner or later.

shokosugi
thought you'd like to see your favorite herald in action against dormy (actually nova, but the same feats)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/ecq400/dormammu.jpg

Bouboumaster

How many times Sups have been owned by a rock (k-nite) in the paste?

Bentley
Surfer can pull his "make peace on earth" mind flash and he would protect Earth better than Superman ever will -from itself!-. Reed in the other hand is a liability, you don't want to have him opening portals to other dimensions, and stuff like that.

AlmightyKfish
thought you'd like to see your favorite herald in action against dormy (actually nova, but the same feats)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s50/ecq400/dormammu.jpg

What does that have anything to do with the thread?

And thats Nova, who definitely isn't in this thread.

And thats not Dormammu, its Rachel Grey, when she had the entire Phoenix power (ish).When she, y'know, stalemated Galactus.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd choose B, but how many times has Reed attracted unwanted attention to Earth?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
What does that have anything to do with the thread?

And thats Nova, who definitely isn't in this thread.

And thats not Dormammu, its Rachel Grey, when she had the entire Phoenix power (ish).When she, y'know, stalemated Galactus.

Anyway, back on topic, I'd choose B, but how many times has Reed attracted unwanted attention to Earth?

Kfish, you have just won our Own the Troll Challenge! What are you going to do with your prize money?!

Starscream M
hmmm, I'm surprised nobody chose the Thor/Iron Man combo.

Since I think Thor would be the best equipped to deal with threats of magical nature (I should've made clear that the heroes would be protecting a comic book universe, not our world)

---

also, I think Reed is a bit overrated. Sure, he's probably the smartest inventor...but he isn't very practical. He'll spend a lot of his time just doing research for the sake of satisfying his curiosity. Whereas Bruce is an expert in fightning crime and is a brilliant genius, and Tony Stark has vast experience as well in protecting a nation. So I'm not quite sure why Reed is getting so much more love...

Naija boy
sorry if i offended you. didn't know you were such a SS fan. smile

Thats not it at all. I couldnt care less about ur opinion of SS. Bulets just drop it.

Anyways surfer/reed would be the best pick cuz they could conceivably solve almost all the worlds major problems. Apart from defending the world from threats, surfer could solve global warming, end world hunger, end poverty, drastically reduce crime rates etc.

Anti-Monitor
Without a doubt: B

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Starscream M
You are in charge of protecting Earth. You have the following choices, which team do you think would best be able to protect Earth from any threat? Rank the teams from best to worst.

*NOTE: This scenario asks which team you think can best protect Earth...not which team is most powerful.

---

A. Superman / Batman

B. Silver Surfer / Reed Richards

C. Thor / Iron Man

A. Superman/Batman

Why? Selfless, good and more human then any other hero besides Captain Marvel. They would do whatever they have to protect the innoncent. Truth, justice etc FTW.
Superman (and Batman) also took part, mostly as major players in each DC Crisis there was wink.

skygunner41
Definitely the A team. It much better to trust them than any those other 2 team.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Kfish, you have just won our Own the Troll Challenge! What are you going to do with your prize money?!

Well, there's just so many options.... cool

Zack Fair
I would have Emma and Diana saving people left and right with those tight outfits drool

Raoul
A. Superman/Batman are going to care more about the common man than any of the others, imo.

Naija boy
Perhaps thats true but superman really cant stop natural disasters end poverty etc.

Raoul
Perhaps thats true but superman really cant stop natural disasters end poverty etc.

he can. he doesn't do it through large scale matter manipulation, but superman deals with natural disasters daily.

also, as far as poverty goes, read "Peace on Earth" by Alex Ross if you haven't already. Superman decides to end world poverty, and quickly learns that it's not as easy as one would think.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Raoul
he can. he doesn't do it through large scale matter manipulation, but superman deals with natural disasters daily.

also, as far as poverty goes, read "Peace on Earth" by Alex Ross if you haven't already. Superman decides to end world poverty, and quickly learns that it's not as easy as one would think.

Well he can probably save alot of people from them and all but can he really do anything to stop them from happening?

"Peace on earth"u say? i definitely need to get that. And true the process of ending world poverty wouldnt be easy as it wud probably lead to a whole host of other problems (political, economic etc) but imo it would be worth it.

Raoul
Well he can probably save alot of people from them and all but can he really do anything to stop them from happening?

"Peace on earth"u say? i definitely need to get that. And true the process of ending world poverty wouldnt be easy as it wud probably lead to a whole host of other problems (political, economic etc) but imo it would be worth it.

it doesnt show how he deals with them, but there are more than a few comics where he has to deal with them off panel and comes back seemingly unaffected (as in, he was largely successful).

but no, i doubt he can stop them from happening, more that he stops loss of life. like, he won't stop a tsunami from forming, but can stop it from reaching the shore, and so on...

and yeah, i highly recommend it.

cmack
smartest man in the marvel unviverse reed richards, silver surfer hands down

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.