Detainee went from Gitmo to al Qaeda, official says

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/gitmo.detainee/index.html#cnnSTCText

A Saudi national released from U.S. detention at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in September 2007 is believed to be a key leader in al Qaeda's operations in Yemen, according to a U.S. counterterrorism official.

Ali al-Shiri traveled to Yemen after being released to Saudi Arabia and may have been involved in recent al Qaeda attacks in Yemen, including a car bombing outside the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa last year that killed nearly a dozen people.

Now lets release the rest of em!

Bardock42
Originally posted by KidRock
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/gitmo.detainee/index.html#cnnSTCText

A Saudi national released from U.S. detention at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, in September 2007 is believed to be a key leader in al Qaeda's operations in Yemen, according to a U.S. counterterrorism official.

Ali al-Shiri traveled to Yemen after being released to Saudi Arabia and may have been involved in recent al Qaeda attacks in Yemen, including a car bombing outside the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa last year that killed nearly a dozen people.

Now lets release the rest of em! So, what you are saying is that Guantanamo Bay didn't even work with all the torture and everything?

Oh boy, you make a good case for the continuation of it.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
So, what you are saying is that Guantanamo Bay didn't even work with all the torture and everything?

Oh boy, you make a good case for the continuation of it.
Do you think that more terrorists come out than go in?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Do you think that more terrorists come out than go in? I don't know. Do I think it matters? No.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know. Do I think it matters? No.

I think it'd be an important statistic to show to people who think the system there works.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I think it'd be an important statistic to show to people who think the system there works.

I agree, but I don't think it is a necessary information to determine whether it should be closed or not. The argument lies more in innocent people being illegally detained as well as torture and unconstitutional treatment of the prisoners.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.