Batman recruits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
alright Wayne is out to find himself a replacement candidates. Who make the best replacement

New Batman possibilities
Nightwing
Robin
Taskmaster
MoonKnight
Spider-Man
Green Arrow
Paladin
Ironfist
Luke Cage
Human Torch

Bentley
No Punisher?

golem370
I will add him if you want him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by golem370

New Batman possibilities
Nightwing - thumb up
Robin - too young
Taskmaster - too evil
MoonKnight - too unstable
Spider-Man - too reckless
Green Arrow - too green
Paladin - too greedy
Ironfist - I just can't see him as Batman
Luke Cage - laughing out loud
Human Torch - too cocky

shiv
alright Wayne is out to find himself a replacement candidates. Who make the best replacement

New Batman possibilities
Nightwing ---- thumb up
Robin ---- thumb up
Taskmaster ---- thumb down
MoonKnight ---- no
Spider-Man ---- oh hell no.
Green Arrow ---- Yes with conditions. With a lot of conditions. the beard has to go plus he needs tech support.
Paladin ---- no
Ironfist ---- Yes with frikkin large amounts of tech+tactical support
Luke Cage ---- too much of a niceguy
Human Torch ---- has potential

psycho gundam
"Human Torch ---- has potential " rolling on floor laughing

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam
"Human Torch ---- has potential " rolling on floor laughing

Yeah, that made me lol'd, too http://images.killermovies.com/forums/icons/v2/icon1.gif

StiltmanFTW
Behold... Bat-Torch!

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4894/lrg389batfire048411128zz9.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nightwing is the obvious and most qualified candidate in my opinion.

Good Night KMC, I must depart for today.

Batman-Prime
Nightwing, almost as good as Bruce^^

or, even if not in the List

Captain America

Sin I AM
do they get trained by bruce before receiving the cape and his cowl? if so the best imo would be taskmaster.

I mean nightwing and robin are obvious choice, but there are more interesting pics

luke cage would be a beast, his strength and durability alone coupled with bats training would have him taking on superman level threats like he was one of the big boys

human torch would suck ass imo...he is just not a very focused or determined character and his powerset is all wrong

finally spiderman, this is a fangirls wet dream! who else to push peter to the limit of his abilities than bruce ? it'll be like that what if comic times ten !

Warrior18
If Spiderman suddenly became a very angry multi-zillionare with OCD and one of the finest strategic minds on the planet, then the sheer physicality he brings would make him my number one choice.

psycho gundam
i would say doom, but he's overqualified.

srankmissingnin
DD, Nightwing or BP... actually screw that I say Batcage!!!

Luke Cage in the Batcowl!!! laughing

Sin I AM
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Luke Cage in the Batcowl!!! laughing

you gotta think outside the box honey, the idea isnt that far-fetched. If anyone can train a character to be an adept fighter its Bruce. Luke cage is what? like class 50? Titanium hard skin.....you let Bruce train this guy, i mean ge already has the " i think im a bad ass persona", he'd be pawning the shit outta people like Clark imo.

Enyalus
Nightwing, Robin, or Taskmaster. The rest don't have anywhere near Bruce's intelligence or problem-solving skills. And that's not something that's so easily trained.

Mindset
Originally posted by Enyalus
Nightwing, Robin, or Taskmaster. The rest don't have anywhere near Bruce's intelligence or problem-solving skills. And that's not something that's so easily trained. I disagree, Peter does.

The fact that he's a genius helps.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
I disagree, Peter does.

The fact that he's a genius helps.

No, Batman wouldn't choose him. The corny monologue and jokes? Right.

(TBH I didn't even see him in the list at first.)

golem370
Originally posted by Sin I AM
do they get trained by bruce before receiving the cape and his cowl? if so the best imo would be taskmaster.

I mean nightwing and robin are obvious choice, but there are more interesting pics

luke cage would be a beast, his strength and durability alone coupled with bats training would have him taking on superman level threats like he was one of the big boys

human torch would suck ass imo...he is just not a very focused or determined character and his powerset is all wrong

finally spiderman, this is a fangirls wet dream! who else to push peter to the limit of his abilities than bruce ? it'll be like that what if comic times ten !

I like this idea he does train them in this thread.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Nightwing, almost as good as Bruce^^

or, even if not in the List

Captain America

agreed

vansonbee
Moonknight > Nightwing this job description.

Silent Guardian

New Batman possibilities
Nightwing
Robin
Taskmaster
MoonKnight
Spider-Man
Green Arrow
Paladin
Ironfist
Luke Cage
Human Torch

wtf! only like 4 of these heroes are like Batman. don't get me wrong these are all great heroes, but they have different styles than batman. Best choice is Nightwing. Than after that is moon knight. If your desperate green arrow than robin.

godking
I disagree, Peter does.

The fact that he's a genius helps. Peter is smart but not batman smart.

He has been fairly easily tricked before by Kingpin and Osborn.

godking
Of that list i would pick taskmaster since he would obviously learn how to be batman the fastest.

Mindset
Originally posted by godking
Peter is smart but not batman smart.

He has been fairly easily tricked before by Kingpin and Osborn. Peter is a genius, as is Osborn.

Kingpin is a criminal mastermind.

Peter has also tricked Kingpin and Osborn, so...

godking
Peter is a genius, as is Osborn.

Kingpin is a criminal mastermind.

Peter has also tricked Kingpin and Osborn, so... scientific genius yes not so much in other areas.

He has not the long term strategic thinking of tactical sense to be on par with Bruce Wayne.

Mindset
scientific genius yes not so much in other areas.

He has not the long term strategic thinking of tactical sense to be on par with Bruce Wayne. He doesn't have to be on par with Batman...

Do you actually read Spiderman comics?

The reason he beats most of his enemies is through use of his strategies, whether they happen on the fly or through use of prep.

Lord Feron
He doesn't have to be on par with Batman...

The reason he beats most of his enemies is through use of his strategies, whether they happen on the fly or through use of prep.

Yeah spider man is pretty good with thinking on his feet and improving. Spider man is def on the lower end of the prep spectrum tho...

Mindset
Lower end compared to people like Doom or Batman, but not in this thread.

godking
He doesn't have to be on par with Batman...

The reason he beats most of his enemies is through use of his strategies, whether they happen on the fly or through use of prep. True but to be honest most of the guys on spidey's rogue gallery are fairly dumb guys.

Only Kingpin and Osborn are real intellectual threats (No not dr octopus genius yes but to emotionally unstable to be a true intellectual threat)

Tactical thinking on Bruce Wayne level is beating your opponents YEARS before you face them.

Peter is smart but he has not the long range tactical thinking to put in motion a plan that will take years to execute. Peter is not top 5 vin strategy or tactical thinking lower top 10 at best.

Tony Stark kept a lock of Thors hair that he found for yeras until he finally used it to create Clor in the civil war.

Bruce would have done the same Doom would have done the same Luthor would have done the same Kingpin would have done the same.

Peter would not have kept the lock of hair for use years later that is the difference between between him and truly top tier masterminds.

Mindset
True but to be honest most of the guys on spidey's rogue gallery are fairly dumb guys.

Only Kingpin and Osborn are real intellectual threats (No not dr octopus genius yes but to emotionally unstable to be a true intellectual threat)

Tactical thinking on Bruce Wayne level is beating your opponents YEARS before you face them.

Peter is smart but he has not the long range tactical thinking to put in motion a plan that will take years to execute. Peter is not top 5 vin strategy or tactical thinking lower top 10 at best.

Tony Stark kept a lock of Thors hair that he found for yeras until he finally used it to create Clor in the civil war.

Bruce would have done the same Doom would have done the same Luthor would have done the same Kingpin would have done the same.

Peter would not have kept the lock of hair for use years later that is the difference between between him and truly top tier masterminds. I don't think you understand the concept of this thread.

At least from this post you don't seem to.

Lord Feron
Lower end compared to people like Doom or Batman, but not in this thread.

Agreed

shiv
True but to be honest most of the guys on spidey's rogue gallery are fairly dumb guys.

Peter would not have kept the lock of hair for use years later that is the difference between between him and truly top tier masterminds.

Parker Could be Ten times smarter than Batman but he wouldn't be 25% as perceptive as Batman on the Rogues in DC.

You can't fight Intergang, Checkmate And freelancers like Whisper A'Daire, David Cain, Deathstroke, corporate takeovers and foreign governments with scientific genius and muscle/tech alone.

in 52 Steel and Natasha were pwned by Lex's joint tech + mindf*ck attack.
And for all their power Isis and Black Adam were never going to save Osiris without the Question's obsessive disorder And Renee Montoya's providing the big breaks.

Genius without people skills gets you killed or gets you in jail in Gotham.

Canon: "War Games" Great Plan - .... . .... Great Tragedy

What Peter Lacks is the ability to understand people of all age groups, gender and backgrounds completely.

Cheshire, Talia, Ivy, Riddler Joker, Hush, Ra's and The Villain of the week would go to town on Parker .

Silent Guardian
the question was, who would be the best candidate to be the new BATMAN. Not any other hero. As I already stated these are all great heroes, but none of these are Batman candidates, except Nightwing and Moonknight. I would give it to Nightwing by a slim majority.

shiv
Best candidate's Nightwing

Robin would have to crack open a vial of venom to fill out the suit.

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by shiv
Best candidate's Nightwing

Robin would have to crack open a vial of venom to fill out the suit.

hahahahahahaha laughing out loud laughing out loud well said

Sin I AM
I was under that this thread was created to see who could Batman train the best to wear the cape and the cowl, not who is the closest to him already. if that's the case then its spite

shiv
He didn't make the list

but with training, Leo "Criminal" could be the best candidate.

golem370
I will add US Agent Gambit & Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.