Roron Corobb vs. Foul Moudama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistoFan
Alright. I admit that a lot of versus threads I have made contain people with little known skills against people with many skills ex: Coleman Trebor vs. Darth Maul. But here are two Jedi Masters who we do not know much about their skills. We do know that Master Corobb is capable of Force Bellow, but what else? So in a duel between Master Roron Corobb and Master Foul Moudama who do you think would win?

Lord Lucien
S-so- *pant*- so many *cough* threads with characters of ambiguous design *wheeze*. Why, if you were a woman, I'd slug you.

But yeah, I have NO clue who they are. None. Zilch. Or their feats. And without feats, then... can't really say too much.

FistoFan
Roron Corobb is the Ithorian Jedi seen in the Star Wars Clone Wars animated series. starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Roron_Corbb
And Foul Moudama is the Talz Jedi seen in same series
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Foul_Moudama

Lord Lucien
Ah, I remember that episode. We know jackety squat on those two so coming up with an answer is impossible.

Red Nemesis
Do you feel like you are getting better at this?

FistoFan
Well it's better than making threads with obvious answers like Coleman Trebor vs. Darth Maul

Red Nemesis
Read the rules and get back to us with something marginally less inane. Kthnx.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Ah, I remember that episode. We know jackety squat on those two so coming up with an answer is impossible.

No it's not. We know plenty about them.

We know that both of them held their own against MagnaGuards while protecting Palpatine. For such an important assignment Grievous would have taken along his best guards, so they are clearly very good fighters.

I'd say Moudama wins this one. He held Grievous at bay while carrying Palpatine on one shoulder. Meaning he was fighting practically with one hand tied behind his back (he had to wield his sabre one-handed) and weighed down by carrying an old man. Even so he still had sufficient skill, strength and agility to fend off Grievous at his peak (this was before Mace crushed GG's chest).

Without such restrictions, I'm sure he can take Roron.

Vorpal Ruin
Mace wins.

Wait, I have no idea who the hell these guys are.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Mace wins.

Wait, I have no idea who the hell these guys are.

Read the third post on this thread.

Vorpal Ruin
I gave up. sad
They're still nobodys.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Read the rules and get back to us with something marginally less inane. Kthnx.

"Unknowns are characters that we have had too little or no evidence of their powers, abilities, or skills."

That does not apply here as we've seen both of these guys in action.

Red Nemesis

Vorpal Ruin
Well this is what I gathered from the Wiki page. They both know how to use a lightsaber, they are both force sensative, Moudama is strong enough to carry Palpatine with one hand and they can't beat Greiveous 2 on 1.

Not too much information. sad

chilled monkey
They fought off elite Magnaguards while leaping across floating platforms. Clearly they were excellent fighters. Plus Grievous won because they didn't know he could split his arms and were surprised when he did. Prior to that they were doing very well against him.

I still say Moudama wins. See my earlier post for why.

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by chilled monkey
No it's not. We know plenty about them.

Define 'plenty'.

I thought every MagnaGuard was equally strong. Do you have something to back this up, other than what could be considered a fair use of logic?

We still know shit about either of them. But, I have to say, if they were assigned to protect the Supreme Chancellor alongside Shaak Tii... My guess is they were powerful. Or at least, not average. I doubt Yoda or Mace would leave a job as important as protecting the Chancellor to average Jedi Masters.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
We still know shit about either of them. But, I have to say, if they were assigned to protect the Supreme Chancellor alongside Shaak Tii... My guess is they were powerful. Or at least, not average. I doubt Yoda or Mace would leave a job as important as protecting the Chancellor to average Jedi Masters.

Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'? They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemys flagship.

Cpt. Valerian
... no expression Are you kidding?

Vorpal Ruin
... no expression Are you kidding?

Me? Was I wrong about something I said?

Cpt. Valerian
Well..

Why don't you think about who exactly did they send to rescue Palpatine?

Vorpal Ruin
Yes, they sent the Chosen one and Obi-Wan. They had what, four Jedi Masters guarding Palpatine? It was also a surprise attack.

chilled monkey
Me? Was I wrong about something I said?

The bit where you said that Anakin and Obi-Wan were only average Jedi.

chilled monkey
Define 'plenty'.

Enough to debate. Or at least we've seen them in action so it's not like we know nothing about them.

I thought every MagnaGuard was equally strong. Do you have something to back this up, other than what could be considered a fair use of logic?

Here is a quote from the novel:

"Three MagnaGuards... each with hypersophisticated heuristic combat algorithms that enabled it to learn from experience"

If they can learn from experience then clearly some are going to be better than others. The ones that have fought Jedi are going to be better than those which haven't etc. The only way they could be equally strong was if each of them fought exactly the same opponents in exactly the same circumstances.

Thank you. And as I said before we know this:

"He held Grievous at bay while carrying Palpatine on one shoulder. Meaning he was fighting practically with one hand tied behind his back (he had to wield his sabre one-handed) and weighed down by carrying an old man. Even so he still had sufficient skill, strength and agility to fend off Grievous at his peak (this was before Mace crushed GG's chest)."

I'd call that an impressive feat.

Publius II
According to Labyrinth of Evil, both Corobb and Moudama were slaughtered with ease alongside two other Jedi.

Vorpal Ruin
The bit where you said that Anakin and Obi-Wan were only average Jedi.

Reread what I said. I never said Anakin and Obi-Wan were average Jedi. Please don't misquote me. smile

Publius II
Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'? They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemys flagship. The implication, whether intentional or not, was rather clear. It would be reasonable for Palpatine to be left under the guard of four average Jedi Masters because the Council sent just a Master and a Knight to rescue him from the clutches of the General himself. That conclusion implies that there is no notable disparity between the combined ability of the four Jedi Masters and that of the Master and the Knight, when clearly you couldn't be farther from the truth.

Lord Lucien
Enough to debate. Or at least we've seen them in action so it's not like we know nothing about them.

Here is a quote from the novel:

"Three MagnaGuards... each with hypersophisticated heuristic combat algorithms that enabled it to learn from experience"

If they can learn from experience then clearly some are going to be better than others. The ones that have fought Jedi are going to be better than those which haven't etc. The only way they could be equally strong was if each of them fought exactly the same opponents in exactly the same circumstances.

Thank you. And as I said before we know this:

"He held Grievous at bay while carrying Palpatine on one shoulder. Meaning he was fighting practically with one hand tied behind his back (he had to wield his sabre one-handed) and weighed down by carrying an old man. Even so he still had sufficient skill, strength and agility to fend off Grievous at his peak (this was before Mace crushed GG's chest)."

I'd call that an impressive feat. Fending off Greivous was good, but it even being the Clone Wars cartoon makes this difficult given how the show took liberties with Jedi powers. *cough*Mace*cough*

But we have this one and only engagement to discuss them, so if we try to apply anything they've done to someone who wasn't in that episode, then we break down in to opinions and supposition. We can compare these two to each other, but no one else. This conversation as to what is and isn't "plenty" is all that makes this thread debatable.

chilled monkey
Fending off Greivous was good, but it even being the Clone Wars cartoon makes this difficult given how the show took liberties with Jedi powers. *cough*Mace*cough*

But we have this one and only engagement to discuss them, so if we try to apply anything they've done to someone who wasn't in that episode, then we break down in to opinions and supposition. We can compare these two to each other, but no one else. This conversation as to what is and isn't "plenty" is all that makes this thread debatable.

Fair enough. I just wanted to point out that we have seen both Roron and Foul in action. We have feats from both of them, so as I said, it's not like we don't know anything about them.

If I posted say, "Belia Darzu vs Lari Oll" then yes, that would be a problem since we've never seen either of them fight, don't have any feats for them etc.

That's the point I was trying to make.

chilled monkey
Reread what I said. I never said Anakin and Obi-Wan were average Jedi. Please don't misquote me. smile

Okay, let's take a look at what you said:

"Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'? They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemys flagship."

First you ask why Palpatine wouldn't be protected by 'average' Jedi. And then, to back that up, you point out that they sent 'a Master and a Knight to rescue him.'

Sure sounds like you're saying that the 'Master' and the 'Knight' are 'just average'.

How exactly are we meant to interpret what you said?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Publius II
The implication, whether intentional or not, was rather clear. It would be reasonable for Palpatine to be left under the guard of four average Jedi Masters because the Council sent just a Master and a Knight to rescue him from the clutches of the General himself. That conclusion implies that there is no notable disparity between the combined ability of the four Jedi Masters and that of the Master and the Knight, when clearly you couldn't be farther from the truth.

Thank you. Well said.

SIDIOUS 66
Okay, let's take a look at what you said:

"Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'? They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemys flagship."

First you ask why Palpatine wouldn't be protected by 'average' Jedi. And then, to back that up, you point out that they sent 'a Master and a Knight to rescue him.'

Sure sounds like you're saying that the 'Master' and the 'Knight' are 'just average'.

Maybe he meant two above average jedi, are equal to four average jedi.

Just saying...

Vorpal Ruin

This is what I replied to:

This is what I said:
Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'? They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemy's flagship.

I asked why it was unreasonable for him to be left under the supervision of four masters. Then I pointed out that the council sent a master and a knight to rescue Palpatine in the next sentence. Hopefully you can comprehend that I didn't imply that Skywalker and Kenobi are average. I talked about one group of people, then the next. I said one group average, and didn't even say the word average about the next group.

Lord Lucien
I think Vorpal forgot to highlight or italicize the word "wouldn't".

chilled monkey

I asked why it was unreasonable for him to be left under the supervision of four masters. Then I pointed out that the council sent a master and a knight to rescue Palpatine in the next sentence. Hopefully you can comprehend that I didn't imply that Skywalker and Kenobi are average. I talked about one group of people, then the next. I said one group average, and didn't even say the word average about the next group.

You said one group average and did not say anything different as to the next group. That implies they were also average.

"Why wouldn't they leave him in protection of 'average Jedi Masters'?"

Here you ask why he wouldn't be left with 'average Jedi Masters,' implying that said Masters are adequate.

"They sent a Master and a Knight to rescue him off the enemy's flagship."

Since you don't say anything as to the level of ability of "the Master" and "the Knight," the logical conclusion is that you're saying they are also average.

Vorpal Ruin
So, in other words, you misinterpreted what I said.

Publius II
No, your words implied something that you claim you didn't actually mean. He interpreted it perfectly.

Vorpal Ruin
Anakin and Obi-wan are average. smile

SIDIOUS 66
Anakin and Obi-wan are average. smile

You should have went along with what i said.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
You should have went along with what i said.

Nah they are below average afterall.

Publius II
nuh uh ur just a silly no nuthing noob who lykes poppsickuhls

Cpt. Valerian
stfu

Publius II
I was about to promote you, too. Now you will suffer as a mere captain for all eternity.

for all eternity = Until I Decide Otherwise.

Cpt. Valerian
Oh, I'm sure you'll change your mind soon enough.

Master.

chilled monkey
So, in other words, you misinterpreted what I said.

No. In other words you posted a stupid comment that made no sense at all.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Publius II
No, your words implied something that you claim you didn't actually mean. He interpreted it perfectly.

Thank you.

Publius II
He gets it, methinks. If not, I shall strike him down with great vengeance.

Vorpal Ruin
No. In other words you posted a stupid comment that made no sense at all.

Glad this is the last post ill see from you. smile

Publius II
STOP SMYLING PLZ.

Lord Lucien
Happiness upsets Faunus.

Vorpal Ruin
lol I'll see what I can do about being depressed then perhaps. :/

Publius II
Happiness upsets The Greatness. Has a nice ring to it, eh? Partly dedicated to you, too; just as the world needs a Batman, the internet needs a TG.

If Raz would just log the **** on already (it's been three weeks)...

Lord Lucien
Aww.

chilled monkey
Glad this is the last post ill see from you. smile

Wrong there.

Cpt. Valerian
pwnt.

Vorpal Ruin
pwnt.

Huh?

Red Nemesis
Huh? Originally posted by chilled monkey
Wrong there. Originally posted by Cpt. Valerian
pwnt.

Make sense?

Vorpal Ruin

Make sense?

I didnt know what he said until you quoted it, because he is on ignore.
Make sense?

Red Nemesis
I meant no disrespect. I figured that he was probably on ignore, but since you responded with a query 'huh?' I thought that you would like to know why the Cap'n called a pwn.

ALSO: I LIKE TO STACK QUOTE TAGS LIKE NO OTHER. THE RESULTS AMUSE ME.

SIDIOUS 66
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vorpal Ruin
I meant no disrespect. I figured that he was probably on ignore, but since you responded with a query 'huh?' I thought that you would like to know why the Cap'n called a pwn.

ALSO: I LIKE TO STACK QUOTE TAGS LIKE NO OTHER. THE RESULTS AMUSE ME.

Thanks. No prob man. smile

Vorpal Ruin
pwnt.

Wouldn't it actually be a pwn on my part, since I actually didn't see it? laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.