President Obama 'orders Pakistan drone attacks'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5575883.ece

Symmetric Chaos
It's an assumption that Obama went out of his way to "order" the attacks considering that the wars are run by the generals rather than directly by the President. But yeah, not an great move no matter who made it.

Also, lulz at "a clear sign that the controversial military policy begun by George W Bush has not changed" which seems ridiculous less than a week into Obama's presidency.

KidRock
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
It's an assumption that Obama went out of his way to "order" the attacks considering that the wars are run by the generals rather than directly by the President. But yeah, not an great move no matter who made it.

Also, lulz at "a clear sign that the controversial military policy begun by George W Bush has not changed" which seems ridiculous less than a week into Obama's presidency.

Hasnt Obama been meeting with Generals and the Join Chiefs?

Surely bombing pakistan must have come up as a topic of discussion.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by KidRock
Hasnt Obama been meeting with Generals and the Join Chiefs?

Surely bombing pakistan must have come up as a topic of discussion.

I think you're seriously underestimating the time it takes to change the course of a war. As far as I know Obama didn't say he would have the war over four days into his presidency.

KidRock
I think you're seriously underestimating the time it takes to change the course of a war. As far as I know Obama didn't say he would have the war over four days into his presidency.

We are at war with Pakistan?

Symmetric Chaos
We are at war with Pakistan?

Oh, good point.

jaden101
To say he's ordered "the bombing of Pakistan" is highly misleading though. Everyone knows that Al-Qaeda moves between Pakistan and Afghanistan constantly to avoid being captured and everyone knows that the tribal regions around the border are not controlled by Pakistan's government and are effectively a seperately ruled entity. I don't think Pakistan's government would be too upset that the US is attacking forces that not only are fighting allied troops in Afghanistan but also are seeking to oust the less radical Pakistani government.

chithappens
Where was Kidrock when Bush was "ordering" all those operations?

jinXed by JaNx
IMPEACH!!!!!

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by chithappens

Probably in the White House master bedroom getting undressed.

KidRock

I had the rest of the forum taking care of those threads.

Bardock42
Well, he already ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay and abolished the Global Gag Rule...let the dude do one good deed at a time. He's already two up on Bush.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, he already ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay and abolished the Global Gag Rule...let the dude do one good deed at a time. He's already two up on Bush.

lol

Symmetric Chaos

Yeah but . . . uh . . . OBAMA IS BLACK!!!!!!!!!

KidRock
Yeah but . . . uh . . . OBAMA IS WHITE!!!!!!!!!

HANG HIM!!! HANG THE RACIST!

Shakyamunison

Also, why are people making excuses for Obama? It would have to have been ordered by the President, and Obama is the President.

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Obama is the President.

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll217/renhouk1/Kool.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Also, why are people making excuses for Obama? It would have to have been ordered by the President, and Obama is the President.

Not every military action is explicitly ordered by the President. Why not give the man benefit of the doubt until he's at least had a chance to establish a pattern?

chithappens

I was asking about KidRock, not Obama. Freaking bias.

Shakyamunison
Not every military action is explicitly ordered by the President. Why not give the man benefit of the doubt until he's at least had a chance to establish a pattern?

A military strike, like the one this thread is about, is approved by the president.

I was asking about KidRock, not Obama. Freaking bias.

And you don't see the left wing bias? laughing

Robtard
To people like Kidrock, Obama can do nothing right. If he had stopped those strikes, he would be labeled a spineless leader who's unwilling to attack those who would harm America and/or a "terrorist appeaser."

Same goes for Guantanamo, if he had reneged on the order to close it, he would be labeled negatively.

Dude's been in office less than a week, wait for pattern to form before you start the scrutiny.

One positive of having Bush gone and Obama in office, seems the Muslim world lost a galvanizing anger-point now that Bush is gone. We'll see if it last.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28835452

chithappens
Originally posted by Robtard
To people like Kidrock, Obama can do nothing right. If he had stopped those strikes, he would be labeled a spineless leader who's unwilling to attack those who would harm America and/or a "terrorist appeaser."

Same goes for Guantanamo, if he had reneged on the order to close it, he would be labeled negatively.

Dude's been in office less than a week, wait for pattern to form before you start the scrutiny.

More what I was getting @. KidRock never mentioned any abuse of powers or questionable military actions of the Bush administration. No matter who is in charge, these things should be questioned so that we can even make a judgment of fair or unfair, lawful or unlawful, etc.

KidRock's goal is not to question the government but question a political party.

KidRock

One positive of having Bush gone and Obama in office, seems the Muslim world lost a galvanizing anger-point now that Bush is gone. We'll see if it last.

More what I was getting @. KidRock never mentioned any abuse of powers or questionable military actions of the Bush administration. No matter who is in charge, these things should be questioned so that we can even make a judgment of fair or unfair, lawful or unlawful, etc.

KidRock's goal is not to question the government but question a political party.

I eagerly await the both of you to point out where I said Obama attacking Al-Quaida inside Pakistan is a bad thing.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I eagerly await the both of you to point out where I said Obama attacking Al-Quaida inside Pakistan is a bad thing.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

laughing laughing laughing

chithappens

Go ahead, I'll wait.

So you mention this, why?

KidRock
So you mention this, why?

Because we are on a forum? Where things are discussed?

chithappens

Dude's been in office less than a week,

KidRock

Cool, maybe you should make a thread about it..so we can discuss it.

Bicnarok

inimalist
drones have been bombing inside Pakistan for at least 2 years now...

what am I missing?

chithappens
Originally posted by inimalist
drones have been bombing inside Pakistan for at least 2 years now...

what am I missing?

That's why I don't understand what this is getting @

KidRock
That's why I don't understand what this is getting @

What I am getting at is why is Obama attacking Pakistani territory?

I thought he was different from Bush and a change..yet hes doing the same thing Bush did for the past 2 years.

Or is Obama a war monger like Bush was?

Symmetric Chaos

I thought he was different from Bush and a change..yet hes doing the same thing Bush did for the past 2 years.

Bush wasn't handed a war. Obama was, there's a huge difference.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Obama did end the block on federal funding for international abortion aid groups...

(I..I just thought I'd mention that somewhere...)

KidRock
Bush wasn't handed a war. Obama was, there's a huge difference.

Is it that difficult to say, "Hey guys, stop shooting missiles into Pakistan, technically we arent admitting it is us anyway"?

dadudemon
Is it that difficult to say, "Hey guys, stop shooting missiles into Pakistan, technically we arent admitting it is us anyway"?

What does the Pakistani government think of this? If they are okay with it, then where's the problem in either administration?

However, I am one to just withdraw completely from the middle east.

Phantom Zone

As people are pointing out hes hardly been in office for very long. Hell Sym made a joke about Obama hasnt done anything and I said thats just the sort of thing that Kidrock would say.....and here we are.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by dadudemon
What does the Pakistani government think of this? If they are okay with it, then where's the problem in either administration?

However, I am one to just withdraw completely from the middle east.

the government OFFICIALLY isnt ok with it, but unofficially, all they really care about are the bribes they recieve in guised forms from america to not take any action against such attacks. more importantly the PEOPLE of pakistan are unanimously against it, and there is no evidence as of yet that ANY drone attacks inside pakistani soil have been succesfull in killing any known terrorists. quite the contrary, they happen indiscriminately inside population centres like villages and nearly all the victims end up being women and children, since the men are usually out working the farms and cattle//trasporting goods etc. and no, balochistan{the province where these attacks occur} is NOT ruled by the tribes as a seperate country at all, far from it, it is pretty much under government control.

but hey, who can stop the drones, seeing as the corrupt puppet leadership in this country under musharraf has already led vast military campaigns under orders from the american government , against villages in balochistan, which again ended up in the death of no known terrorists, but thousands of innocent teenagers and women and children.
its all about keeping the brainwashed first worl masses happy that SUMTHING IS BEING DONE!

so obama turns out to be a douche, what a surprise.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by leonheartmm
the government OFFICIALLY isnt ok with it, but unofficially, all they really care about are the bribes they recieve in guised forms from america to not take any action against such attacks. more importantly the PEOPLE of pakistan are unanimously against it, and there is no evidence as of yet that ANY drone attacks inside pakistani soil have been succesfull in killing any known terrorists. quite the contrary, they happen indiscriminately inside population centres like villages and nearly all the victims end up being women and children, since the men are usually out working the farms and cattle//trasporting goods etc. and no, balochistan{the province where these attacks occur} is NOT ruled by the tribes as a seperate country at all, far from it, it is pretty much under government control.

but hey, who can stop the drones, seeing as the corrupt puppet leadership in this country under musharraf has already led vast military campaigns under orders from the american government , against villages in balochistan, which again ended up in the death of no known terrorists, but thousands of innocent teenagers and women and children.
its all about keeping the brainwashed first worl masses happy that SUMTHING IS BEING DONE!

so obama turns out to be a douche, what a surprise.

Because civilians in any other country apart from America are collateral damage. In America, however, killing them is terrorism.

Gosh, keep up.

inimalist

I'd say yes

he made it quite clear from at least the first debate that he was going to intensify the wars in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Anyone thinking he was going to change that wasn't paying attention.

Bardock42
Well, he already ordered the closing of Guantanamo Bay and abolished the Global Gag Rule...let the dude do one good deed at a time. He's already two up on Bush. Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Obama did end the block on federal funding for international abortion aid groups...

(I..I just thought I'd mention that somewhere...)

Parrot.

Or is Obama a war monger like Bush was? He is different than Bush already. He isn't the polar opposite obviously. Are you going to make a thread everytime Obama does something Bush did?

Cause I heard they both go to the shitter twice a day (****ing weird, eh?)

Robtard

Go ahead, I'll wait.

You made the implication that is was with your veiled questions eg, "we're at war with Pakistan".

You're just playing games now and changing tactics, nothing new.

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
laughing laughing laughing

Laugh away, but you've been here long enough to be well aware of his M.O.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.