Cloud vs Auron: Sword fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Wil
Cloud from AC vs Auron from FFX in an all out sword fight. Who wins?

ThunderGodEneru
Auron is too slow and featless.

Zack Fair
Auron gives Cloud the uhuh look and Cloud flees.

Ultimate Wil
I always thought of Auron as a better swordsman than Cloud

Kirikaze Fuuma
Cloud wins

Wil, what has Auron done?

Pyron_Knight
Been a good character. Unlike Cloud.

Plus he's kinda dead which means Cloud can't win.

King-Fingolfin
how does being dead make it so Cloud can't win? :/

MadMel
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Been a good character. Unlike Cloud.

Plus he's kinda dead which means Cloud can't win.
wait lemme get this straight
auron is kinda dead, therefore, he cant be beaten in a fight, even though he's got a physical body??
kain's kinda dead, therefore, he cant be beaten, even though he's got a physical body??
chaos is kinda the queen of the dead, therefore she >>> all (including the two above)??

i dont think so erm

Pyron_Knight
Auron's body is made of pyreflies. It can dissolve and reform good as new like Seymour did all those times. The only way to permanently defeat an unsent is to, you guessed it, Send them.

MadMel
so cloud beats auron's ass down, he reforms only to have cloud waiting for him to beat him down again..
id say that counts as an infinite loop victory erm

ThunderGodEneru
Actually Seymour had to flee because he could not do it on a whim.

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Cloud wins

Wil, what has Auron done?

No I think Cloud win because of the move that he used to defeat Sephiroth, I just thought Auron was a really good swordsman

fascistcrusader
Cloud, he has way more feats.

GrieverSquall
Auron is more experienced and he's a better swordsman than Cloud, hands down.

But he seems a bit slow, he would definitely put a good fight for Cloud, but I think Cloud would win.

Well... By saying that Cloud got 'more feats' is because of Advent Children and all Final Fantasy VII pre-sequels and sequels. All the Final Fantasy characters would had the same treatment if they had a movie.

TacDavey
I'd say Cloud.

Some of you said Auron can't be beaten because he's unsent, but you don't have to kill someone to win a fight. If Cloud kills him and scatters his pyre flys, even if they reform again, Cloud still won that fight.

Aside from that, Auron doesn't seem to posses any super-human abilities from his unsent status.

GrieverSquall
First off, Auron being 'dead' means he wasn't strong enough to survive a battle, on top of that, Auron can be defeated even if he's an unset.

TacDavey
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
First off, Auron being 'dead' means he wasn't strong enough to survive a battle, on top of that, Auron can be defeated even if he's an unset.

Seymor showed that pretty accurately, time and time again.

Batman-Prime
Auron wins erm

GrieverSquall
Hmm... maybe, but do you have some argument?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by GrieverSquall
Hmm... maybe, but do you have some argument?

Older, more experienced, wiser. He taught Tidus how to use the Sword and I think Tidus does pretty well with it.

His one disadvantage is the simple fact that he isn't the protagonist of FF X, that's the biggest disadvantage an Character can have in such threads. He might be slower then Cloud but he should be stronger and more durable, since he is an Veteran he should also be used to deal with hot-heads.

fascistcrusader
I don't see how he'd be stronger, given Cloud's superhuman strength thanks to Hojo and his freaky ability to hulk out when need be. I've never seen Auron slice through reinforced concrete and steel like they were butter.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I don't see how he'd be stronger, given Cloud's superhuman strength thanks to Hojo and his freaky ability to hulk out when need be. I've never seen Auron slice through reinforced concrete and steel like they were butter.

The FF7 World (Gaia) is darker and you play most often in an urban or underground setting. Spira has an differen't design, more nature and sunshine if you wish. The odds for Auron encountering something made from reinforced concrete and steel blocking his way are pretty slim. But i have no doubt that he could replicate that feat.

fascistcrusader
I do, given that Auron has never showed strength feats anywhere near that level.

TacDavey
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
I do, given that Auron has never showed strength feats anywhere near that level.

I agree with fascistcrusader on this one. Auron has never shown himself capable of anything truly remarkable. He was a well known guardian, but that's about it.

Batman-Prime was right on one part, though. Not being the main protagonist is usually a bad thing. Most of the time they want the main character to be the strongest, and I'm betting Cloud is just such a character.

GrieverSquall
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The FF7 World (Gaia) is darker and you play most often in an urban or underground setting. Spira has an differen't design, more nature and sunshine if you wish. The odds for Auron encountering something made from reinforced concrete and steel blocking his way are pretty slim. But i have no doubt that he could replicate that feat.

I agree with Batman here.

If we're going by that logic, Cloud has never shown anything so impressive either in his game. I still think Cloud would win though, but not by that reasoning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.