What do you guys think of Prepared Guitars?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Very few popular bands are experimental enough to do this any more and I was just wonder what everyone's opinion or favorite band doing this kind of stuff is.

A prepared guitar is a guitar played with something that's not standard in order to change the timbre and quality of the sound, the most common example being using a glass or metal slide.

Other stuff that people have used includes playing with a violin bow, playing with drumsticks, jamming a screwdriver under the strings and strumming above the screwdriver, using a baseball bat as a slide, using a razor blade as a pick (as was done in the background of the joker's theme from dark knight), using a screwdriver as a slide etc.

bogen
Yeah it's pretty cool
I here joe satriani attached a pick to the end of a cordless drill and went at his guitar with it.
I missed the show but apparently it was really something.
Also it was actually jimmy page from Led zeppelin who did the whole Violin bow thing first i believe it was in Dazed and confused (first album) that he did it.

Darth Jello
People did it before him, but I can't remember exactly who

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.