Sun-dipped Superman vs Amped Silver Surfer: Pure Brawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Superman dips in the Sun's core while Surfer amps his own attributes till they both reach close to their peak levels (as demonstrated in comics). Both are blood-lusted and not holding anything back.

They fight on a giant rocky planet.

This is a pure brawl, both physical and energy attacks are allowed. But Surfer is not allowed to manipulate energy or matter to take advantage of Superman's weaknesses to kryptonite or red sunlight.

Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/300491-75653-superman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/238544-172273-silver-surfer_super.jpg

Galan007
Supes.

xJLxKing
Superman 7/10. The only reason why I usually give SS the wins of Superman is because SS can exploit his weakness which is Red Sunlight. Without it, I don't see SS winning.

The Great Galen
Sun-dipped literally operated on PC levels, in addition to not being able to exploit any potential weakness I don't see SS posing any type of threat....and in a pure physical encounter supes would use his superior speed and MA to quickly destroy SS. Supes 10/10.

Starscream M
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman 7/10. The only reason why I usually give SS the wins of Superman is because SS can exploit his weakness which is Red Sunlight. Without it, I don't see SS winning. read the OP, no exploitation of Superman's weaknesses...this is a pure brawl, no gimmicks.

but know that Surfer can amp to peak state.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Starscream M
read the OP, no exploitation of Superman's weaknesses...this is a pure brawl, no gimmicks.

but know that Surfer can amp to peak state.
That's what I said.

Starscream M
That's what I said. oh sorry, I didn't see that you said 'usually'.

xJLxKing
oh sorry, I didn't see that you said 'usually'.
No problem

Jynocidus
Silver Surfer.

Spire
Surfer dies.

darthgoober
So Surfer basically has as long as is necessary to reach Unilord fighting levels? If so he should probably win...

skygunner41
Originally posted by darthgoober
So Surfer basically has as long as is necessary to reach Unilord fighting levels? If so he should probably win...

NO.

darthgoober
Originally posted by skygunner41
NO.
To which part?

Starscream M
So Surfer basically has as long as is necessary to reach Unilord fighting levels? If so he should probably win... as long as it doesn't take absurdly long for him to amp that high (ie more than a day)

tjcoady
Even if they the strength levels were close, the fact that Superman generally demonstrates some combat acumen (he did beat Kobra without powers- Kobra's beaten Batman before, with nothing but his fists and anger) gives this fight to Superman.

And, anyways, Amped Supes is really just too strong.

TricksterPriest

He's not taking Superman at sundipped level no matter how much he amped. He's never demonstrated that kind of power. Show me Surfer doing something on par with Sundipped Superman.

darthgoober
as long as it doesn't take absurdly long for him to amp that high (ie more than a day)
I seriously doubt it would take that long. In that case I say Surfer should probably take it.

But to be fair, the "on panel" stipulation is what gives it to Surfer in this fight. To my knowledge, standard Supes's longest sundip was only a couple of minutes(unless we count Supes Prime) but Surfer has all day if necessary to hit Unilord levels.

Starscream M
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
He's not taking Superman at sundipped level no matter how much he amped. He's never demonstrated that kind of power. Show me Surfer doing something on par with Sundipped Superman. didn't Surfer take down Tenebrous and Aegis with his cosmic blast...albeit resulting in his own 'almost' death?

darthgoober
He's not taking Superman at sundipped level no matter how much he amped. He's never demonstrated that kind of power. Show me Surfer doing something on par with Sundipped Superman.
You mean like evenly matching the power of the Unilord?

Mindset
didn't Surfer take down Tenebrous and Aegis with his cosmic blast...albeit resulting in his own 'almost' death? No

Starscream M
I seriously doubt it would take that long. In that case I say Surfer should probably take it.

But to be fair, the "on panel" stipulation is what gives it to Surfer in this fight. To my knowledge, standard Supes's longest sundip was only a couple of minutes(unless we count Supes Prime) but Surfer has all day if necessary to hit Unilord levels. yep...I made sure to state both get to peak levels demonstrated on-panel to snuff out needless speculation on both sides (ie Surfer's side claiming he can amp to infinite levels and likewise on Superman's side)

TricksterPriest

But to be fair, the "on panel" stipulation is what gives it to Surfer in this fight. To my knowledge, standard Supes's longest sundip was only a couple of minutes(unless we count Supes Prime) but Surfer has all day if necessary to hit Unilord levels.

Wasn't the Unilord thing with outside help and extenuating circumstances? 2nd, Superman did his feats with a few minutes. Imagine having a day or more.

Superman's feat was moving Warworld and tanking Entropy. I have never seen Surfer tank something of that magnitude. Let me put it this way. I would never give Surfer a win over Odin even with amping. But Sundipped Superman? He could do it.

darthgoober
Originally posted by tjcoady
Even if they the strength levels were close, the fact that Superman generally demonstrates some combat acumen (he did beat Kobra without powers- Kobra's beaten Batman before, with nothing but his fists and anger) gives this fight to Superman.

And, anyways, Amped Supes is really just too strong.
How's Supes going to put Surfer down in this fight, punch him into a bunch of little pieces...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1689/silversurferv3120p18ub8.th.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3636/silversurferv3120p19qr4.th.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9002/silversurferv3120p20ap9.th.jpg

Won't work.

Mindset
Wasn't the Unilord thing with outside help and extenuating circumstances? 2nd, Superman did his feats with a few minutes. Imagine having a day or more.

Superman's feat was moving Warworld and tanking Entropy. I have never seen Surfer tank something of that magnitude. Let me put it this way. I would never give Surfer a win over Odin even with amping. But Sundipped Superman? He could do it. Crunch energies?

I'm Bran
and tanking Entropy. Where was that stated?

TricksterPriest
Crunch? that was manipulating an existing source of energy, not amping his stats with his own power. And that almost killed him.

Goober: What can Surfer do to him that Imperiex Prime and B-13 couldn't?

Mindset
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Where was that stated? TP gets limited edition DC comics, this is a pretty well known fact...no expression

Mindset
Crunch? that was manipulating an existing source of energy, not amping his stats with his own power. And that almost killed him.

Goober: What can Surfer do to him that Imperiex Prime and B-13 couldn't?

I'm comparing crunch to entropy nub.

darthgoober
No. And Supes doesn't have a day to sundip, his max level shown on panel is the limit for this thread. So he's only sundipped for a couple of minutes regardless of the amount of time Surfer gets to spend amping up to Unilord levels.

Superman's feat was moving Warworld and tanking Entropy. I have never seen Surfer tank something of that magnitude. Let me put it this way. I would never give Surfer a win over Odin even with amping. But Sundipped Superman? He could do it.
And Surfer's was evenly matching the embodiment of an entire reality(or something right along those lines, the arcs kinda confusing).

The Great Galen
How's Supes going to put Surfer down in this fight, punch him into a bunch of little pieces...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1689/silversurferv3120p18ub8.th.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/3636/silversurferv3120p19qr4.th.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9002/silversurferv3120p20ap9.th.jpg

Won't work.

So ur claim is SS would hti unilord levels, possibly IMO I would see supes with a full days sun dipp being equal to his PC self. In that situation with the stipulations stating a pure brawl...Supes handily takes it.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Great Galen
So ur claim is SS would hti unilord levels, possibly IMO I would see supes with a full days sun dipp being equal to his PC self. In that situation with the stipulations stating a pure brawl...Supes handily takes it. Read the first post again.

darthgoober
So ur claim is SS would hti unilord levels, possibly IMO I would see supes with a full days sun dipp being equal to his PC self. In that situation with the stipulations stating a pure brawl...Supes handily takes it.

Superman dips in the Sun's core while Surfer amps his own attributes till they both reach close to their peak levels (as demonstrated in comics). Both are blood-lusted and not holding anything back.

This is a pure brawl, both physical and energy attacks are allowed. But Surfer is not allowed to manipulate energy or matter to take advantage of Superman's weaknesses to kryptonite or red sunlight.

Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/300491-75653-superman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/238544-172273-silver-surfer_super.jpg

yep...I made sure to state both get to peak levels demonstrated on-panel to snuff out needless speculation on both sides (ie Surfer's side claiming he can amp to infinite levels and likewise on Superman's side)

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
Read the first post again.

Yeah just saw, well in that case I give Supes the majority.

Mindset
Yeah just saw, well in that case I give Supes the majority. So then your opinion has stayed the same?

The Great Galen
Yeah, just given the stipulations and such.

TricksterPriest
No. And Supes doesn't have a day to sundip, his max level shown on panel is the limit for this thread. So he's only sundipped for a couple of minutes regardless of the amount of time Surfer gets to spend amping up to Unilord levels.

And Surfer's was evenly matching the embodiment of an entire reality(or something right along those lines, the arcs kinda confusing).

mindset: The crunch is not comparable to entropy. And it was god damn obvious that B-13 was channeling Imperiex's power, considering it was the power source for Warworld.

Goober: So you want to be hypocritical and make it so they don't get equal amping time? Doesn't matter.

Imperiex Prime was the big freaking bang. A universe killer. B-13 was his rival in power and absorbed him into his version of Warworld. He was throwing Entropy blasts at Superman and using the full power of Warworld to try and stop him from moving it. IT DID NOTHING. no expression

Feats of unilord to even begin comparing him to those 2?

And if need be, I will drag every scan of entropy's power into this thread.

I'm Bran
So ur claim is SS would hti unilord levels, possibly IMO I would see supes with a full days sun dipp being equal to his PC self. In that situation with the stipulations stating a pure brawl...Supes handily takes it. With a few days he would probably mop the floor with PC Superman... in battle, but not in ridiculous feats of course. Hell, going by hype here sun dipped would mop the floor with PC... IMO.

Anyway, sun dipped Superman outputs a lot of energy that can be sapped off him as well...

TricksterPriest
Stips say no energy manip.

Starscream M
btw, the line of reasoning that if Superman became so powerful after a few minutes of sundipp, he would be uber if given hours or more is false.

for example, take a laptop battery. In two hours I can charge it from no capacity to full charge. But after that point, I could charge it for all eternity and it won't last any longer.

hence, it is pointless to speculate how much more powerful Superman can be given X amount of time in the sun unless we have direct correlating evidence to suggest such inference can be made.

Mindset
mindset: The crunch is not comparable to entropy. Why is that?

I'm Bran
Stips say no energy manip. Is manip really equal to absorption?

If so, then meh.

Starscream M
Is manip really equal to absorption?

If so, then meh. in this thread, yeah. I stipulated this was a pure brawl.

I'm Bran
OK Brucey.

The Great Galen
With a few days he would probably mop the floor with PC Superman... in battle, but not in ridiculous feats of course.

Anyway, sun dipped Superman outputs a lot of energy that can be sapped off him as well...

It's a pure physical match, so not exotic powers. IMO, that spells a slaughter in favor of supes.

darthgoober
Goober: So you want to be hypocritical and make it so they don't get equal amping time? Doesn't matter.
Hypocritical... laughing out loud

See that's your problem Trick, you don't thoroughly read what's been written down about something before you start running your mouth and you end up coming off as an ass...

Imperiex Prime was the big freaking bang. A universe killer. B-13 was his rival in power and absorbed him into his version of Warworld. He was throwing Entropy blasts at Superman and using the full power of Warworld to try and stop him from moving it. IT DID NOTHING.

Feats of unilord to even begin comparing him to those 2?

And if need be, I will drag every scan of entropy's power into this thread.

You really want to debate Unilord Surfer vs Sundipped Supes... ok. You start rounding up your scans of Sundipped Supes while I gather some scans from the Unilord Saga and we'll have a go of it. It'll take me a day or so because my computer crashed and I'm still working on re-getting Surfer stuff but I got no problem with it as long as you're actually willing to post evidence.

I'm Bran
It's a pure physical match, so not exotic powers. IMO, that spells a slaughter in favor of supes. Ya, I heard.

Good. Opinions differ. That's cool

The Great Galen
It's s a pure physical brawl, so I don't really see what the debate is.

Mindset
It's s a pure physical brawl, so I don't really see what the debate is. SS can still use energy attacks.

I'm Bran
It's s a pure physical brawl, so I don't really see what the debate is. "This is a pure brawl, both physical and energy attacks are allowed."

If you knew that there were no exotic attacks, then how'd you skip over this?

TricksterPriest
Why is that?

Entropy is the end of time, space, reality, everything. It's been used to kill timelines, universes, universe killers, abstracts, etc.

the crunch is just the edge of the universe contracting inward.

Entropy is THE END.

The Great Galen
SS can still use energy attacks.

Good for him, Sueps can use HV...but I don't think the fight will result in a DBZ style projectile struggle.

Mindset
Entropy is the end of time, space, reality, everything. It's been used to kill timelines, universes, universe killers, abstracts, etc.

Entropy is THE END. So all entropy no matter the amount is equivalent?

Mindset
Good for him, Sueps can use HV...but I don't think the fight will result in a DBZ style projectile struggle. ...

TricksterPriest
Goober: my bad for not reading the op. and don't talk to me about hypocrisy.

As for unilord vs. sundipped, you're on. I'll drag out the scans of OWAW and various scans ascribing entropy's power.

I'm Bran
You really want to debate Unilord Surfer vs Sundipped Supes... ok. You start rounding up your scans of Sundipped Supes while I gather some scans from the Unilord Saga and we'll have a go of it. BATTLEZONE?!?!!?

doit doit doit

Even up the score Trick...

Jynocidus
It will result in a DBZ style beam struggle, and Surfer is going to win.

The Great Galen
It will be interesting, I'd like to see it.

Naija boy
Unilord surfer vs Sundipped supes? Hmmm interesting.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Jynocidus
It will result in a DBZ style beam struggle, and Surfer is going to win.

I dunno, I find SS base energy attacks strongly overrated to begin with...but since this fight will essentially be a pure brawl and most likly result in a h2h situation, Supes destroys SS.

Mindset
I dunno, I find SS base energy attacks strongly overrated to begin with...but since this fight will essentially be a pure brawl and most likly result in a h2h situation, Supes destroys SS. Why would SS fight hth?

darthgoober
Goober: my bad for not reading the op. and don't talk to me about hypocrisy.

As for unilord vs. sundipped, you're on. I'll drag out the scans of OWAW and various scans ascribing entropy's power.
You actually used the word hypocrisy, I was laughing at you thinking I was being hypocritical in the amping time I ascribed to each.

Goody, goody... like I said it shouldn't take me more than a day or so, I suspect this thread will still be going...

One question though, are you talking about OWAW Supes vs Unilord Surfer, or current Supes and Surfer amped to OWAW levels(as in this thread and with these stipulations)? Just wondering what feats/showings are valid...

Starscream M
Why would SS fight hth? because Superman will engage him hth

Jynocidus
I dunno. If it's a brawl, just no energy manip...that means ice breath and HV vs cosmic beams and light-speed surf boards across the jaw. SS is gonna win.

The Great Galen
Why would SS fight hth?

its a brawl, he can use energy attacks but when that doesn't work he only has one option left.

Naija boy
because Superman will engage him hth

And SS will somehow forget he knows how to blast?

The Great Galen
I dunno. If it's a brawl, just no energy manip...that means ice breath and HV vs cosmic beams and light-speed surf boards across the jaw. SS is gonna win.

At one point has SS ever used his speed offensivly, and Supes has the vastly superior movement speed...it's not even a contest.

Mindset
its a brawl, he can use energy attacks but when that doesn't work he only has one option left. You mean IF that doesn't work, and seeing as his energy output is better than his physical attacks, it wouldn't make any sense for him to fight hth...

Mindset
because Superman will engage him hth And?

If I have a gun and you run up and punch me, will I punch you back or just shoot you?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Naija boy
And SS will somehow forget he knows how to blast?

Again, what difference would that make...it won't work.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
And SS will somehow forget he knows how to blast? and what happens when Superman avoids one of Surfer's blasts and blitzes to Surfer to fight him hand to hand, I'm thinking Surfer will fight back mano a mano

darthgoober
BATTLEZONE?!?!!?

doit doit doit

Even up the score Trick...
I don't think he's talking about an actual Battlezone(though I wouldn't be opposed to the idea).

Mindset
Again, what difference would that make...it won't work. Based on your opinion.

The Great Galen
You mean IF that doesn't work, and seeing as his energy output is better than his physical attacks, it wouldn't make any sense for him to fight hth...

Im not saying he will go for a h2h battle off the bat, im saying he will impose his typical battle tendency but once he finds that his energy attacks have no effect he doesn't really have many options left.

Mindset
and what happens when Superman avoids one of Surfer's blasts and blitzes to Surfer to fight him hand to hand, I'm thinking Surfer will fight back mano a mano I think SS is smart enough to realize his energy attacks > his fists.

Starscream M
And?

If I have a gun and you run up and punch me, will I punch you back or just shoot you? if you have a gun and you shoot and miss, meanwhile I ran up to your face and start swinging, you're prob ditching the gun and start blocking and returning punches

besides, it's not in character for Surfer just to completely rely on his blasts

Mindset
Im not saying he will go for a h2h battle off the bat, im saying he will impose his typical battle tendency but once he finds that his energy attacks have no effect he doesn't really have many options left. Again, IF his energy attacks don't work, which you have yet to prove.

Mindset
if you have a gun and you shoot and miss, meanwhile I ran up to your face and start swinging, you're prob ditching the gun and start blocking and returning punches

besides, it's not in character for Surfer just to completely rely on his blasts No, I'd just shoot you.

Starscream M
No, I'd just shoot you. well, Surfer doesn't fight like you

Jynocidus
In my opinion, which I is entitled to according to some right in the constitution, (lol) I think SS blasts are gonna ukfc Kal-El up (edited cuz my html don't work)

The Great Galen
Again, IF his energy attacks don't work, which you have yet to prove.

Supes has took more mean energy attacks before, besides Supes is the faster competitior by a wide margin sooo...

Mindset
well, Surfer doesn't fight like you Based on?

Give me specific examples that support your argument.

Mindset
Supes has took more mean energy attacks before, besides Supes is the faster competitior by a wide margin sooo... Sooooo, you don't have anything, ok.

darthgoober
At one point has SS ever used his speed offensivly, and Supes has the vastly superior movement speed...it's not even a contest.

Liar...
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1935/silversurfer199003316ik9.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4743/silversurfer198901920gh4.jpg

...oh, and the Nova thing.

Jynocidus
Can Surfer fight at cosmic levels of speed?!

The Great Galen
Sooooo, you don't have anything, ok.

What about SS blast are so ubber, supes is the faster between the 2...I mean what exactly is ur argument?

Starscream M
Based on?

Give me specific examples that support your argument. surfer engages in direct melee to some degree in virtually all of his fights

I'm Bran
I don't think he's talking about an actual Battlezone(though I wouldn't be opposed to the idea). No, he is.

Trick wants to get back at you for winning the first one. A Battlezone would make the most sense... as these sorts of threads get cluttered.

Trick, throwdown the challenge.

Starscream M
Liar...

unimpressive...compared to Superman's speed feats. the second scan is not even a speed feat.

Jynocidus
Surfer can shoot beams from his eyes too, look what he did to Cable. At a super high level, I got him taking off a chunk of Kal-El's body off

Starscream M
Surfer can shoot beams from his eyes too, look what he did to Cable. At a super high level, I got him taking off a chunk of Kal-El's body off Superman is far more durable than Cable...they're on different ends of the spectrum in terms of durability

Jynocidus
I know, I'm just saying. At the previously stated amped levels that Surfer gets the time to reach, how is Kal-El gonna fair against that?

Mindset
surfer engages in direct melee to some degree in virtually all of his fights So no examples?

The Great Galen
Liar...

...oh, and the Nova thing.

Not really impressive, and it was on his board.....yeah tough luck.

TricksterPriest
No, he is.

Trick wants to get back at you for winning the first one. A Battlezone would make the most sense... as these sorts of threads get cluttered.

Trick, throwdown the challenge.

Bran, as usual, despite being an utter douche............you have a point.

Yes, the gauntlet will be cast down, sometime in the near future. And this time, no time limit victories.

darthgoober
unimpressive...compared to Superman's speed feats. the second scan is not even a speed feat.
I didn't say they were as impressive as Supes's feats, I was addressing Surfer using his speed in an offensive manner because a claim was made that he'd never done it or had only done it once(the post is kinda confusing). And a bullrush is definitely an offensive use of speed because without speed there'd be no offense of that kind...

I'm Bran
Not really impressive, and it was on his board.....yeah tough luck. What, does he not have his board for this fight or something?

darthgoober

Yes, the gauntlet will be cast down, sometime in the near future. And this time, no time limit victories.
Without a time limit on the match the judges will never vote, we kinda have to have one... unless you're talking about a post limit, which I'm completely ok with.

But you never answered my previous question about what versions we'll be using.

I'm Bran

Yes, the gauntlet will be cast down, sometime in the near future. And this time, no time limit victories. Douche? lolwut

Tomorrow. Darth said it'd take a day. Trick was ready tomorrow.

So, would it be a post limit then?

If you guys even it up... rubber match?

darthgoober
Douche? lolwut

Tomorrow. Darth said it'd take a day. Trick was ready tomorrow.

So, would it be a post limit then?

If you guys even it up... rubber match?
Well if it's an actual Battlezone it might take a little long to get started because we'll have to agree upon and get the approval of some judges.

I'm Bran
Well if it's an actual Battlezone it might take a little long to get started because we'll have to agree upon and get the approval of some judges. Right. Two days then.

darthgoober
Right. Two days then.
Works for me...

Starscream M
So no examples?

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3355/cabledeadpool102005streux2.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9597/silversurfer198700113zd0.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3083/silversurferv309817bz1.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3040/silversurfervol3014ij6.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4387/silversurfervol3015cz3.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/989/silversurferv308302qb5.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6703/silversurferannual0727mo1.jpg

happy?

I'm Bran
Brucey delivers

Naija boy
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3355/cabledeadpool102005streux2.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9597/silversurfer198700113zd0.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3083/silversurferv309817bz1.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3040/silversurfervol3014ij6.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/4387/silversurfervol3015cz3.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/989/silversurferv308302qb5.jpg

happy?

Y did u post scans with doom when surfer didnt have the Power cosmic?

Mindset
No. uhuh

Ambient

Entropy is THE END.
No Tricks the Crunch is much more than that, it is an energy generated by the expanding 616 universe, its the energy used for cosmic consonance, it created the primodial gods. Diableri of Chaos, one of the primodial god that fights of enthropy. The Crunch birth not just this guy but a whole bunch of them equal to of that G-man... So there you go one task of the crunch energy is to fight of entropy, among others..
This was explained in Annihilation heralds of Galactus #2, if you wanna check more of it...
This should be good... yes

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Ambient
No Tricks the Crunch is much more than that, it is an energy generated by the expanding 616 universe, its the energy used for cosmic consonance, it created the primodial gods. Diableri of Chaos, one of the primodial god that fights of enthropy. The Crunch birth not just this guy but a whole bunch of them equal to of that G-man... So there you go one task of the crunch energy is to fight of entropy, among others..
This was explained in Annihilation heralds of Galactus #2, if you wanna check more of it...

This should be good... yes

facepalm DC Entropy is not the same as Marvel Entropy.

And you do not want to get into a feat war with entropy. The people who can actually use it as a weapon are universe killers minimum.

Wild Shadow
cant surfer just go intangible for this fight?

TricksterPriest
Superman has hit intangible opponents before.

and he actually probably uses intangibility in fights more than Surfer does.

Raoul
Originally posted by Galan007
Supes.

janus77
Surfer FTW.
UniLord Surfer levels should be easy for Surfer to replicate now, as he never actually lost that upgrade. also, Surfer could simply fire black-hole creating energy blasts, wearing Superman down immensely without really having to bother going at it hand-to-hand.

even if it were to go h2h, Surfer is far too durable for Superman to takedown, imo... both Teneberous and Aegis double-teamed Surfer and yet he was still powerful enough to go and channel the Crunch Energies.

further, Surfer's battle with Ravenous should be an indication of his +base-level+ blast power... nonchalantly atomising a planet...

imo, all out, Surfer wins 8-9/10 (being charitable to Superman).

skygunner41
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer FTW.
UniLord Surfer levels should be easy for Surfer to replicate now, as he never actually lost that upgrade. also, Surfer could simply fire black-hole creating energy blasts, wearing Superman down immensely without really having to bother going at it hand-to-hand.

even if it were to go h2h, Surfer is far too durable for Superman to takedown, imo... both Teneberous and Aegis double-teamed Surfer and yet he was still powerful enough to go and channel the Crunch Energies.

further, Surfer's battle with Ravenous should be an indication of his +base-level+ blast power... nonchalantly atomising a planet...

imo, all out, Surfer wins 8-9/10 (being charitable to Superman).

no

Philosophía
facepalm

Superman, easily.

starlock
Sin dipped Superman for the win

Avlon

Eel O'Brien

Enyalus
Surfer, 8/10 or more.

1. As far as Supes' power goes, I hope you all realize that Warwould weighs approximately 0.178 the weight of our moon. And sure, the engines were pushing against him...how much resistance does that really add?

2. Far as Supes tanking Entropy supposedly, that doesn't happen. Unsundipped he gets hit by Imperiex's blast and is saved by Darkseid's boomtube. Then while amped by Kismet he helps destroy Imperiex's armor, exposed to his energies, and dies in the process. While sundipped, no entropy hits Superman.

3. Surfer can casually bust planets and create black holes, plus was going toe-to-toe and beat a being who was virtually powered by an entire reality....oh yeah, the resulting blast shattered an entire solar system.

And uh, Surfer wins.

Kris Blaze
Superman.

didn't Surfer take down Tenebrous and Aegis with his cosmic blast...albeit resulting in his own 'almost' death?

Almost sigworthy.

Raoul
btw, the line of reasoning that if Superman became so powerful after a few minutes of sundipp, he would be uber if given hours or more is false.

for example, take a laptop battery. In two hours I can charge it from no capacity to full charge. But after that point, I could charge it for all eternity and it won't last any longer.

hence, it is pointless to speculate how much more powerful Superman can be given X amount of time in the sun unless we have direct correlating evidence to suggest such inference can be made.

ermm

No.

superman hasn't shown an upper limit to his solar absorbtion. also, the "solar battery" thing, is just a phrase people use. he's much more than just a battery.

didn't Surfer take down Tenebrous and Aegis with his cosmic blast...albeit resulting in his own 'almost' death?

no.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
ermm

No.

superman hasn't shown an upper limit to his solar absorbtion. also, the "solar battery" thing, is just a phrase people use. he's much more than just a battery.

In OWAW, he had difficulty staying in the sun even as long as he did, and became skeleton-like in form...

Just sayin'.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
In OWAW, he had difficulty staying in the sun even as long as he did, and became skeleton-like in form...

Just sayin'.

what are you getting that from? not the skeleton part, but the having trouble part.

Enyalus
what are you getting that from? not the skeleton part, but the having trouble part.

What he's thinking at the time, how he looks.

(Do you have the issue available?)

Raoul

yup. i know he looks messed up, but i don't recall him saying that the sun was painful or anything...

skygunner41

Actually what does supes say at that time ?

Enyalus
yup. i know he looks messed up, but i don't recall him saying that the sun was painful or anything...

I thought I did, but I'm at work and can't verify.

stick out tongue Maybe later.

Raoul
I thought I did, but I'm at work and can't verify.

stick out tongue Maybe later.

is this the page?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/ActionComics782pg03.jpg

The Great Galen
Surfer, 8/10 or more.

1. As far as Supes' power goes, I hope you all realize that Warwould weighs approximately 0.178 the weight of our moon. And sure, the engines were pushing against him...how much resistance does that really add?

2. Far as Supes tanking Entropy supposedly, that doesn't happen. Unsundipped he gets hit by Imperiex's blast and is saved by Darkseid's boomtube. Then while amped by Kismet he helps destroy Imperiex's armor, exposed to his energies, and dies in the process. While sundipped, no entropy hits Superman.

3. Surfer can casually bust planets and create black holes, plus was going toe-to-toe and beat a being who was virtually powered by an entire reality....oh yeah, the resulting blast shattered an entire solar system.

And uh, Surfer wins.

This a pure physical battle, and while blast are allowed Surfers blast don't come off anymore potent then a HV blast to be honest. So all things considered, Supes still has a monstrous speed advantage and physically supes is superior by a very large margin.

skygunner41
That his resolve and final stand regarding the situation.

Raoul
Surfer, 8/10 or more.

And uh, Surfer wins.

You actually wrote that? wow... sadwalk

KuRuPT Thanosi
Tough fight to call really. Good fight I'm saying maybe surfer 6/10 but really close

The Great Galen
This type of stipulation is completly out of SS's element lol, it would be like putting supes in a battle of energy manip agaisnt lightray and still insisting supes wins lol.

Starscream M
is this the page?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/ActionComics782pg03.jpg that is a very cool scene...love how in the end, the text becomes black and his eyes flare. awesomeness.

xJLxKing
Helloooo??? I think you people are forgetting that Superman sun dipped is really strong. In fact, he will defeat SS. Since the TC said "best shown", then it's save to say that is Superman from the 853rd century. Yeah, I'd give it to him.

Enyalus
Helloooo??? I think you people are forgetting that Superman sun dipped is really strong. In fact, he will defeat SS. Since the TC said "best shown", then it's save to say that is Superman from the 853rd century. Yeah, I'd give it to him.

Future version, homie. Doesn't count.

xJLxKing
Future version, homie. Doesn't count.
Why not? The TC never said that

Starscream M
Why not? The TC never said that it's assumed. also it would take Superman 20,000 years in the sun to reach that level...I think Surfer would forfeit outta boredom rather than wait that long.

xJLxKing
it's assumed. also it would take Superman 20,000 years in the sun to reach that level...I think Surfer would forfeit outta boredom rather than wait that long.
I am just saying people are underestimating the Sun

vlaaad12345
Superman would ****ing demolish surfer.

psycho gundam
prove it.

vlaaad12345
Show me surfer ever amping himself to beyond normal superman levels and then he might not get owned in a split second.

Mindship

This is a pure brawl, both physical and energy attacks are allowed. But Surfer is not allowed to manipulate energy or matter to take advantage of Superman's weaknesses to kryptonite or red sunlight. Who wins?
With both of them supercharged (and no exploiting weaknesses allowed), this basically comes down to who can call forth the most energy. If they go toe to toe, I really don't see the Surfer winning against one of the best - if not the best - brawlers in comicdom. But he still has a variety of matter/energy tricks he can throw against Supes, to make him use up his energy. It may come down to who can outlast who. The Surfer's big advantage is that he can use up his supercharge but still take on ambient cosmic energy, whereas Superman will eventually run out of solar steam.

I think, long-term, I give this to Surfer, but this really can go either way.

Mindset
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Show me surfer ever amping himself to beyond normal superman levels and then he might not get owned in a split second. Why not look through the pages in this thread?

I'm Bran
Why not look through the pages in this thread?
"Originally posted by vlaaad12345"

Mindset
"Originally posted by vlaaad12345" Good point.

TricksterPriest
No. He's right. I've never seen Surfer amp himself to anywhere near that level. I call BS on Surfer amping to Superman's level of strength, let alone Sundip.

psycho gundam
unilord > superman

skygunner41
Originally posted by psycho gundam
unilord > superman

spiderman>unilord wink

darthgoober
Trick you never answered my question in regards to our BZ...

You actually used the word hypocrisy, I was laughing at you thinking I was being hypocritical in the amping time I ascribed to each.

Goody, goody... like I said it shouldn't take me more than a day or so, I suspect this thread will still be going...

One question though, are you talking about OWAW Supes vs Unilord Surfer, or current Supes and Surfer amped to OWAW levels(as in this thread and with these stipulations)? Just wondering what feats/showings are valid...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, so hold on, Silver Surfer, is not allowed to use energy, and matter manipulation, to take advantage, of Kryptonite and Red Solar Radiation weaknesses?

He still has those abilities in the fight though right?

Norrin open's up a black hole in Clark's head.

Superman defeating Norrin even while sun dipped is still highly debatable as Norrin can also increase his strength exponentially, and unlike Superman who would get weaker over time, and lose the charge (He would need to sun dip after a while) Norrin can always use the Power Cosmic, and use ambient energy etc. to constantly augment his physical stats.

Norrin recently has not shown any limit to the amount of energy he can absorb or channel as to my knowledge. Besides at base he is already way over 100 Tons (Marvel unfortunately still uses the 100 Ton scale from the past) etc. (Capable of shrugging of attacks from beings like Hulk as if they were nothing) and can as stated augment his physical stats.

Durability wise? If at base he can take blows from Aegis etc. who are Galactus level and simply beyond Clark's scope of power and live, he can take what Clark can dish out while amped.

This battle is hard to decide, as we do not know the physical limit of either.

Throw in matter manipulation and I give it Norrin though because either way, that gives him the advantage in my opinion.

skygunner41
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Ok, so hold on, Silver Surfer, is not allowed to use energy, and matter manipulation, to take advantage, of Kryptonite and Red Solar Radiation weaknesses?

He still has those abilities in the fight though right?

Norrin open's up a black hole in Clark's head.

Superman defeating Norrin even while sun dipped is still highly debatable as Norrin can also increase his strength exponentially, and unlike Superman who would get weaker over time, and lose the charge (He would need to sun dip after a while) Norrin can always use the Power Cosmic, and use ambient energy etc. to constantly augment his physical stats.

Norrin recently has not shown any limit to the amount of energy he can absorb or channel as to my knowledge. Besides at base he is already way over 100 Tons (Marvel unfortunately still uses the 100 Ton scale from the past) etc. (Capable of shrugging of attacks from beings like Hulk as if they were nothing) and can as stated augment his physical stats.

Durability wise? If at base he can take blows from Aegis etc. who are Galactus level and simply beyond Clark's scope of power and live, he can take what Clark can dish out while amped.

This battle is hard to decide, as we do not know the physical limit of either.

Throw in matter manipulation and I give it Norrin though because either way, that gives him the advantage in my opinion.

blink erm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>