The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morning_Glory
Has anyone seen this? Thought it was really good!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/Theboyposter.jpg

Y2xbtM-sS5I

Starring
Vera Farmiga
David Thewlis
Rupert Friend
Asa Butterfield
Jack Scanlon

Mr Parker
I have been looking for it in the papers and if it has come out yet it never came to my area.I hope it just hasnt been to my area yet cause i really want to see this movie.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Mr Parker
I have been looking for it in the papers and if it has come out yet it never came to my area.I hope it just hasnt been to my area yet cause i really want to see this movie.

This has been out since Sept 12..

I loved the novel.. The movie was pretty good though

Mr Parker
Damn somehow I overlooked and missed this one. mad

Selphie
I have never cried so hard at a movie. This was the most touching movie I have ever seen. I absolutely loved this movie. I recommend it to everyone.

Juno22
I really want to see this one... I find the premise so intriguing.... seeing the historical events through the eyes of a young boy.

It's also getting great reviews... hollywood.com gave it four stars calling it, "Powerfully moving, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a must-see, unforgettable motion picture experience that will be talked about for years to come."

K.Diddy
beer was a good one,that

Mr Parker
FINALLY saw this movie!!!! great movie.very touching and emotional.It really gave us a good lesson that we can still learn from today on racial issues I think.That just because they are different from us,they are still people unlike what the germans were indoctrinated into believing back then.While watching the end of that movie,i was thinking to myself-Too bad this didnt happen to every german commander with their kid back then because you got to believe after that happened,that the father of that boy and his family must have started looking at jewish people differently after that.That they ARE human after all and what they did to them was horrible.

Because in the movie,his father talked to them about how they are not considered people.well the soldiers that put him in the gas chamber with his friend,he blended in with them enough for them to make a mistake that he was a jew as well.So since he was able to blend in with them and be mistaken as a jew,I would bet that if that had been based on a true event,that that family would realise that jews are not that much different than they are and that they are human as well.That they realised if they were not human like they have been led to believe,their son would not have blended in like he did and been mistaken for a jew to be executed like he was.

The Nuul
GI Joe and Transformers Pajamas are way cooler.

Eon Blue
It was a good movie, though I'd have to say I found it to be one of the weakest movies on the subject that it covers; I much prefered Schindler's List and The Pianist.

Blue Gothic
very touching film and it was good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.