Best Anime Video game

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ultimate Wil
What is the best anime video game ever?

Wei Phoenix
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Other notable mentions

Hokuto No Ken on PS2
Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament
Battle Stadium D.O.N. if you want to count that.
Bleach Blade Battlers 2

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Agree

shane8874
dragonball Z burtstlimt, because the game play and its stotyline way better than dbz t3

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by shane8874
dragonball Z burtstlimt, because the game play and its stotyline way better than dbz t3

Oh dude you're totally right, I enjoyed that game so much because its not like those drama pieces continued to get in the way and paused the game while I was in the heat of battle. The game play was way great because I couldn't even fly around freely like I could in Tenkaichi or attack my opponent from the back or do blast combos. Its not like the storyline of Tenkaichi was good at all. They only covered the DB/DBZ/DBGT storyline where BL only went from Saiyan Saga to Cell Saga.

No one fought like they did in the show. I could whoop Broly's ass with Krillin easily in that game.

Kento
Battle Stadium D.O.N is the best imo.

Also Good -
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Legend of the Super Saiyan (SNES)
DBZ Hyper Dimension (SNES)
Ultimate Muscle Legends vs New Generation (Gamecube)

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kento
Battle Stadium D.O.N is the best imo.

Also Good -
DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3

Ultimate Muscle Legends vs New Generation (Gamecube)

I will own you with Cell in D.O.N. seriously I was unbeatable with him.

UM was good on the Gcube. Did you play the PS2 version?

Quincy
Budokai 3. (Tenkaichi is lame)

Jump Ultimate Stars!

I played the hell out of Dark Tournament too.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Quincy

Jump Ultimate Stars!

Yeah Genkai was like super god tier in that game.

Kento
I will own you with Cell in D.O.N. seriously I was unbeatable with him.

UM was good on the Gcube. Did you play the PS2 version?

lol Probably I only got to play a few time at a anime convention Otakon. Sadly I think if I remember correct my best person is Sasuke. Hoping to get to play again this year when I go. I should probably just buy it.

Nah I only rented it for the Gamecube.

Jump Ultimate Stars!

How did I forget Jump Ultimate Stars. That games awesome.

Oh yea
Any of the Ultimate Ninja series for PS2

Wei Phoenix
lol Probably I only got to play a few time at a anime convention Otakon. Sadly I think if I remember correct my best person is Sasuke. Hoping to get to play again this year when I go. I should probably just buy it.

Nah I only rented it for the Gamecube.

How did I forget Jump Ultimate Stars. That games awesome.

Oh yea
Any of the Ultimate Ninja series for PS2

Yeah my friend DL'd it and we played it every weekend. Cell is god in that game. His Perfect Barrier and Super Kamehameha is just beastly.

The only Naruto game I liked was UN3. Everything after that just got too cheap with the assists and whatnot. Deidara was real cheap for beginners too abuse.

Kento
Yeah my friend DL'd it and we played it every weekend. Cell is god in that game. His Perfect Barrier and Super Kamehameha is just beastly.

The only Naruto game I liked was UN3. Everything after that just got too cheap with the assists and whatnot. Deidara was real cheap for beginners too abuse.

Well it's a good thing I never got to see Cell. It's just the standard 4 characters for each show that I got to play as. Sadly two years ago when I first ever heard of the game and played it everybody was getting beaten by some guy as Sakura.

I haven't played any of the Accel games though I did buy the second one I believe I just don't have my PS2 able to play imports..yet. I actually prefer UN2 out of the first 3 because I don't like how UN3 has the one move thing. Though playing as Yondy is fun to mess with people by using a teleporting Rasengan.

Wei Phoenix
Well it's a good thing I never got to see Cell. It's just the standard 4 characters for each show that I got to play as. Sadly two years ago when I first ever heard of the game and played it everybody was getting beaten by some guy as Sakura.

I haven't played any of the Accel games though I did buy the second one I believe I just don't have my PS2 able to play imports..yet. I actually prefer UN2 out of the first 3 because I don't like how UN3 has the one move thing. Though playing as Yondy is fun to mess with people by using a teleporting Rasengan.

The first one I played was three. I thought they all had the whole just press O to attack thing.

Nemesis X
Ghost in the Shell

ThunderGodEneru
Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament was fun...But by God beating Toguro was hard as hell.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament was fun...But by God beating Toguro was hard as hell. Yeah I had to use a cheat to beat him

ThunderGodEneru
I beat him fairly after like 50 tries.

Wei Phoenix
Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament was fun...But by God beating Toguro was hard as hell.

I had to spam the air spirit gun. Did you know you were supposed to get like a secret scene or something if you beated Toguro the first time when he comes to rape you at that construction site?

Quincy
I had to spam the air spirit gun. Did you know you were supposed to get like a secret scene or something if you beated Toguro the first time when he comes to rape you at that construction site?

No way. I dont believe that.

Wei Phoenix
No way. I dont believe that.

You don't have to but it wasn't easy. Took a bunch of trial and error. I could barely get a combo in so I just stuck to that and ran around and got my ass beat abit but I eventually got it.

Quincy
You don't have to but it wasn't easy. Took a bunch of trial and error. I could barely get a combo in so I just stuck to that and ran around and got my ass beat abit but I eventually got it.

Wait you actually SAW a video?

What was it?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Ghost in the Shell

Which one ?

Wei Phoenix
Wait you actually SAW a video?

What was it?

Wait are you talking about beating Toguro the first time or the second time? I never beat him the first time nor have I seen a video of it. I just heard it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Hokuto no Ken PS2

Yu Yu Hakusho Dark Tournament

are you serious?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Which one ?

Stand Alone Complex.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Hokuto no Ken PS2

are you serious?

Its not like it was a bad game. Yeah Genkai was an unfair overpowered beast but still it wasn't bad. I enjoyed it.

SmashBro
Well I'm not sure what is the best but here's what I like the most so far:

DBZ Burst Limit
Super DBZ

That Hokuto No Ken game does look pretty good. Wish I could play it.

ThunderGodEneru
Its not like it was a bad game. Yeah Genkai was an unfair overpowered beast but still it wasn't bad. I enjoyed it. Ichigaki was by far the cheapest character.

Endless Mike
I have never really played any - mainly because they only come out on consoles and I have never owned a console in my life.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I have never really played any - mainly because they only come out on consoles and I have never owned a console in my life.
not even one?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Stand Alone Complex.

thumb up Thats a good one, Its alot better then the one for the PS1 cept when it comes to the cutscenes

The multiplayer for Stand Alone Complex is also good unless somone picks the tachikoma then it becomes just a one sided battle.

psycho gundam
i like the yu-gi-oh games they make annually for the handheld.

Kero_Co
Gundam:Zeonic Front stands out, as does the playstation battle assult series. Another Century Episode is awesome if you can figure out the best way to make use of the controls. I also like Zoids:Legacy, and the Monster Rancher franchise if that counts in some twisted backwards way.

Wei Phoenix
Ichigaki was by far the cheapest character.

How about you come over my house tonight and we test out that theory?

Yoshi Paradise
Out of the few anime-based video games I've played, my favorite was "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3".

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Out of the few anime-based video games I've played, my favorite was "Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3".

QFMFT

ThunderGodEneru
How about you come over my house tonight and we test out that theory? I'll just keep on tapping R1 and win.

Wei Phoenix
I'll just keep on tapping R1 and win.

and I'll keep using the spirit reflection orb to keep you back while I heal.

Quincy
Now I want to play Dark Tournament

Endless Mike
Originally posted by k1Lla441
not even one?

Nope. When I was younger I asked my parents for one but they just said "what's the point of buying a console when you can play games on the computer that we already have?"

I've only played consoles at my friends' houses

Ridley_Prime
Now I want to play Dark Tournament
Same. Looking back, I wish I had gotten that, though I did get all of the DBZ Budokais and Tenkaichis, along with Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses and Falsebound Kingdom. Can't believe I didn't end up getting a Yu Yu Hakusho video game. erm Of course, if I had known there would be as much DBZ fighting games as there were, I would've just waited 'till the latest one came out, as opposed to getting them all. no expression

Quincy
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same. Looking back, I wish I had gotten that, though I did get all of the DBZ Budokais and Tenkaichis, along with Yu-Gi-Oh: Duelist of the Roses and Falsebound Kingdom. Can't believe I didn't end up getting a Yu Yu Hakusho video game. erm Of course, if I had known there would be as much DBZ fighting games as there were, I would've just waited 'till the latest one came out, as opposed to getting them all. no expression

Oh man it's great!

The best part of it is the team battles! You can tag in and out with a 5 man team! It's ridiculous!

On another note, I hear the Bleach: Heat the Soul franchise on the PSP is a great fighter.

Man of...
DBZ has made some horrble anime games, most of'em are, but cuz of the sheer amount they have made a FEW good ones too. The best anime game I've played is Tenkaichi 3. And it seems alot of peeps agree.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Man of...
DBZ has made some horrble anime games, most of'em are, but cuz of the sheer amount they have made a FEW good ones too. The best anime game I've played is Tenkaichi 3. And it seems alot of peeps agree.

Yes we do. Tenkaichi 3 and 2 were awesome.

Man of...
2 was decent. 3 blew 2 the hell outta the water.

Yoshi Paradise
"Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3" would've been perfect if the story mode was a little longer.

Man of...
I don't even remeber that game at all. All I remember was it bein' the best DBZ game I ever played.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by Man of...
2 was decent. 3 blew 2 the hell outta the water. Tenkaichi 2 had way better fight music

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by IppoDLuffy
Tenkaichi 2 had way better fight music

I thought they had the same music. 2 had its better parts, but so did 3 which is why I wouldn't mind playing either. Some characters in two were way more broken like 2nd Form Cell, but it was still good, the story was longer and I like how you flew around to battle.

Quincy
EbMgmOSyBHg

xS82GXcNQOE

Wei Phoenix
I'll counter that with Bleach Blade Battlers 2.

W2fPuGT49yU

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by IppoDLuffy
Tenkaichi 2 had way better fight music

I agree with that.

Most of the songs in DBZ:BT2 are much better than the songs in DBZ:BT3.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
I agree with that.

Most of the songs in DBZ:BT2 are much better than the songs in DBZ:BT3. thumb up

emmaandroguefan
One Piece Grand Adventures. To Oda "I WANT TWO PLEASE", Peace.

Nemesis X
Afro Samurai is an interesting game. Although I am mad at it because this one level in Okiku's story, I can't get the robots in the friggin generator. Ninja Ninja is telling me to toss them but I got no friggin button that grabs enemies so I'm stuck.

IppoDLuffy
Originally posted by emmaandroguefan
One Piece Grand Adventures. To Oda "I WANT TWO PLEASE", Peace. thumb up and I want a the funimation dub also with japanese vices available

Silent Guardian
DMC 3 was amazing

DMC4 was solid (not as good as 3 though)

But the anime sucked

Quincy
The One Piece wii game is sweet. That's for sure.

Man of...
Now peeps is gonna start sayin' why the DBZ games suck instead of sayin' what they think is Best Anime Video game. LOL.

IppoDLuffy
The One Piece wii game is sweet. That's for sure. thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.