Superman Eating Bleed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eel O'Brien
Since Superman has bleed inside him; wouldn't he be able to recover from any harm and even death?

Wei Phoenix
whats bleed?

Eel O'Brien
Bleed is the substance that separates the 52 universes. A Monitor explained to Superman that Bleed it life and that it is the only thing that could cure Lois' fatal injuries.

Superman is later informed that Bleed can only be contained by the Monitors and even then only while outside the Multiverse. Superman, unhappy with that answer decides that he can contain Bleed and proceeds to ingest some; which he uses it to restore Lois to full health instantly.

This is all from FC: Superman Beyond 3D.

Galan007
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Since Superman has bleed inside him; wouldn't he be able to recover from any harm and even death? He already has... Without the Bleed.

Only difference now is, DC actually has a reason for Superman being 'unkillable.' none

Eel O'Brien
I guess I meant even better than usual...

Raoul
kudos to anyone who uses that in the vs.

"superman can't lose, as the bleed is now part of his body"

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Raoul
kudos to anyone who uses that in the vs.

"superman can't lose, as the bleed is now part of his body" laughing out loud

tjcoady
Do we have any evidence to believe that Superman retained Bleed residue within his body after using it to heal Lois?

There's really no indicators either way- I read it as him using all of it up for Lois, only bringing enough for that purpose, but there's no reason to believe that's the case over any other possibility.

There's also the fact that having been within the Bleed (and being able to move through it, and even move it ) didn't make Jeroen or Hassan any more resistant to damage then they were bbefore.

Raoul
Originally posted by tjcoady
Do we have any evidence to believe that Superman retained Bleed residue within his body after using it to heal Lois?

There's really no indicators either way- I read it as him using all of it up for Lois, only bringing enough for that purpose, but there's no reason to believe that's the case over any other possibility.

There's also the fact that having been within the Bleed (and being able to move through it, and even move it ) didn't make Jeroen or Hassan any more resistant to damage then they were bbefore.

yeah, dude, we were kidding... stick out tongue

the way i read it also was that he used it to heal lois, and that was it...

Wei Phoenix
Question: Who came up with calling it Bleed?

Raoul
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Question: Who came up with calling it Bleed?

warren ellis, iirc, in his stormwatch series. and yes, he meant it to be just as funky as it sounds.

Wei Phoenix
so its literally something he eats?

Raoul
so its literally something he eats?

not usually. but yes, he swallowed some of it (or held it in his mouth), and then used it to bring lois back to full health.

Wei Phoenix
any scans on how this works because it is very confusing.

Raoul
any scans on how this works because it is very confusing.

the bleed itself?

Wei Phoenix
anything that makes this makes more sense to someone like me. And I swear if you make a retard joke about me! So help me Cyttorak you shall pay!

Raoul
the bleed is basically the wall between the universes. the bleed itself is seperated from our universe by the source wall.

so its basically:

our universe | source wall | bleed | other universe/their source wall if they have one.

i dont recall if all the universes have a source wall, or if its just ours...

Wei Phoenix
So its like the "essence" of the writer?

Raoul
So its like the "essence" of the writer?

you could look at it that way. in superman beyond, iirc, as i havent read it since it came out, they said the bleed was "concentrated life", as if life itself was something tangible, and not just a concept.

Eel O'Brien
They also referred to is as a "solution" which the multiverse eventually developed in- kinda like germs in a beaker.

BTW, I refuse to accept that he used it all up to heal Lois; choosing rather to believe he held on to some which he will then regurgitate in his hour of greatest need...

Raoul
They also referred to is as a "solution" which the multiverse eventually developed in- kinda like germs in a beaker.

BTW, I refuse to accept that he used it all up to heal Lois; choosing rather to believe he held on to some which he will then regurgitate in his hour of greatest need...

lol.

would he even need to regurgitate it? it would be part of his body as it is, no?

Eel O'Brien
warren ellis, iirc, in his stormwatch series. and yes, he meant it to be just as funky as it sounds.

not nearly as funky as "Ultramenstruum" messed

Eel O'Brien
lol.

would he even need to regurgitate it? it would be part of his body as it is, no?

He's Superman; if he wants to regurgitate then that's the way it's gonna be...

Raoul
not nearly as funky as "Ultramenstruum" messed

thats what i was referring to stick out tongue

He's Superman; if he wants to regurgitate then that's the way it's gonna be...

true... mhmm

Endless Mike
Maybe he could become a Red Lantern

Because they attack by coughing up blood

Or something

Yeah, this attempt at a joke failed, sorry

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Yeah, this attempt at a joke failed, sorry

We appreciate your effort, though. big grin

K-Dog
Bleed sounds like miticlorians to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.