between vader and the emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MadMel
im just curious..theres only a 20% gap between vader and the emperor, but there seem to be so many that fill that gap...anyone care to place all the sith who are between vader and the emperor in power??

Lord Lucien
Caedus...

Dooku?

Bane and Revan, of course.

Publius II
I doubt Dooku is, and there's really no concrete evidence that would put Revan in there either.

Lord Lucien
I hate the written word's casual inability to portray facetiousness.

DorianYates
caedus ,bane, exar kun nihilus(as far as sheer power goes) and starkiller.

Elite Hunter
^Technically SK was never a sith. But yeah Caedus,Bane,Kun and Nihilus are above Vader. As far unknown sith go, Nadd, Plagueis and Ragnos have a shot but since they are unknowns they can't be included.

Vorpal Ruin
Naga Sadow?

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
Naga Sadow? Na..

Darth Truculent
Starkiller was not a Sith - he was Vader's Hand. Not an Emperor's Hand like Mara and Mara certainly was not as strong Galen. In Force potential Galen may have been stronger than Kyp, but that is an argument that'll never be answered.

I can think of a few names that may be stronger than Vader, but not close to Sidious in the following order:
1. Darth Bane/Darth Caedus
2. Darth Revan*
3. Exar Kun
4. Darth Malak
5. Darth Traya

*Reason I listed Darth Revan was he had not fully reached Sith potential, but was unnervingly strong enough in the Force. When he became obsessed with the Ancient Sith that's when his true strength in the Force was demonstrated. But what I can't figure out is after the Council captured him, why didn't they strip him of the Force?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Starkiller was not a Sith - he was Vader's Hand. Not an Emperor's Hand like Mara and Mara certainly was not as strong Galen. In Force potential Galen may have been stronger than Kyp, but that is an argument that'll never be answered.

I can think of a few names that may be stronger than Vader, but not close to Sidious in the following order:
1. Darth Bane/Darth Caedus
2. Darth Revan*
3. Exar Kun
4. Darth Malak
5. Darth Traya

*Reason I listed Darth Revan was he had not fully reached Sith potential, but was unnervingly strong enough in the Force. When he became obsessed with the Ancient Sith that's when his true strength in the Force was demonstrated. But what I can't figure out is after the Council captured him, why didn't they strip him of the Force? I've got no problem with Revan being a potential candidate for the list. But we STILL have nothing on his strength. Same with Malak really, but he does have a bit more. Hell Traya too. Frickin KotOR.

Darth Truculent
Revan's character should have been developed more because of his enourmous strength. He is counted to be one of the most powerful Sith in history. But you're absolutely right about Traya - I should have put Ulic quel -Droma or Ajunta Pall.

I really like Revan because of his persona. Anakin for me just couldn't cut it - When Anakin turned to the darkside I wonder how he would have fared against the power Revan wielded at Mustafar.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I already answered this and in a lot less words then you needed to type, bottom line is that Marek wasn't a sith.

The same could be said for other sith such as Kun and Caedus.

Qel Droma is "meh," to me I'm not sure how powerful he truly was with the force. And Ajunta Pall is even more of an unknown then Revan himself. Nihilus is a much better sith for this list then Malak imo even if his sabers skill are questionable, his force powers are immense.

Publius II
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I hate the written word's casual inability to portray facetiousness. I...

Sorry.

Cpt. Valerian
Exar Kun, Bane and Caedus are definitely up there. Nihilus probably is, as well.

Revan is a potential candidate, yes.

But Malak and Traya? Doubt it.

And I have the feeling Plagueis was extremely powerful. It's shame we'll never know.

DorianYates
I agree, though virtually none of those guys are miles above vader.

Publius II
No one's "miles" above Vader. Palpatine isn't "miles" above Vader.

DorianYates
I know that, but some people believe that they are.

Lord Lucien
*cough*Bane*cough*Nebaris. Ahem.

DorianYates
And kotor fanwankers too *cough*Kotor3*farts* Ahem *lol*.

Vorpal Ruin
Think Raynar Thul or Lomi Plo could be candidates for this? Rayner was strong because of his connection to the nest, and Lomi was a very clever jedi with her own nest and able to cloak herself from anyone with doubts, which is a incredibly useful skill imo.

Gideon
Think Raynar Thul or Lomi Plo could be candidates for this? Rayner was strong because of his connection to the nest, and Lomi was a very clever jedi with her own nest and able to cloak herself from anyone with doubts, which is a incredibly useful skill imo.

Absolutely not. Thul was only powerful when he merged with the Colony.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by Gideon
Absolutely not. Thul was only powerful when he merged with the Colony.

Thats true, but can't he call on the will of the colony at his whim?

Vorpal Ruin
Well then perhaps Gethzerion? Although she isn't a sith i guess.

SIDIOUS 66
I wonder how close Gethzerion was to Palpatine in force potential. Why did he fear her?

Gideon
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
I wonder how close Gethzerion was to Palpatine in force potential. Why did he fear her?

Because he considered her a threat. But that doesn't necessarily mean she's close to him in terms of personal power. You have to understand that once Palpatine ascended to power, he orchestrated the various purges because he "feared" all rival Force users. Not because they could beat his ass in a fight, but because they could tap into an all powerful energy field and, when banded together, could oppose him. That's why he hunted the Jedi and other Force-using cults to extinction, even though only two or three people in the galaxy could actually challenge him personally. Consider his evident fear of Luke Skywalker throughout the original triloy: he was afraid of Skywalker's potential in the Force and the connection to both the old Jedi order and to his father.

That didn't mean Palpatine didn't mind being in a room alone with him or pissed his pants when Skywalker was in his presence.

Gethzerion, however, was portrayed to be incredibly powerful and the Dark Side Sourcebook mentioned that one day, she might have grown strong enough to challenge "even him."

Cpt. Valerian
That's something.

Lord Lucien
I just noticed. Your sig's rank doesn't match your name's rank.

Publius II
Pwned.

DorianYates
Originally posted by Gideon

Gethzerion, however, was portrayed to be incredibly powerful and the Dark Side Sourcebook mentioned that one day, she might have grown strong enough to challenge "even him." Well i'm concerned about the word "might", does that mean that the DSSB is just speculating though?

Cpt. Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I just noticed. Your sig's rank doesn't match your name's rank.

I know. I just like it so much I have to wear it. Tis' just temprary, though. The new one's already done, I'm just waiting to be promoted.

kotorfan

I never really paid attention to lomi plo.. what is lomi plo? a bug? i thought she was a humanoid, but then when Luke killed her, she seemed to be a bug more than humanoid.

Lord Lucien
Lomi Plo was a human.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.