Are we allowed to discuss Hellboy chronology?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m.ramius
Just wondering why that thread was closed. I wanted to talk about some of the characters in the first 2 TPB but it seems like we're not allowed to discuss it.

Symmetric Chaos
You opened a thread for a question, there is a thread at the top of the page dedicated to answering people's questions.

m.ramius
Ok, so if a post has a question don't start a new thread?

Also, if the thread has a question but also has some kind of information where does it go?

I see a lot of threads here that are questions that aren't closed or moved or whatnot...so the micromanaging is kind of confusing.

willRules
It's ok if you're new, but the general idea is unless the question encourages a discussion as opposed to just a simple Q&A, it goes in the question thread at the top of the page. If you have a much bigger question or a topic to address then by all means make a thread. Otherwise just throw the question into the Questions thread yes

m.ramius
Which topics are allowed to be new threads?

I figured some of the pivotal characters introduced in the first 2 Hellboy TPBs were ok to talk about. It's just kind of a grey area...

willRules
Well the general idea is that we don't want our forum to be completely cluttered with lots of threads which are either;

1) All related. If there are like several threads dedicated to the same Green Lantern storyline/character/concept, just leave it to one or two threads and contribute there.
2) If it's just a simple question that could be answered in a single post. If it's a particularly big or significant question that encourages discussion or debate then go for it, we are able to make threads for a reason. Just don't have a thread if it's just a straight forward answer.

But when I joined this forum a few years back I didn't know any of this either. Give it time and most posters on here are friendly enough to help and it'll gradually become clear as to how to operate in thee forums big grin

m.ramius
That's cool man, my old brain doesn't work that well anymore so sometimes I need it spelled out to me. I appreciate the answer.

Just seeing my threads get closed was throwing me for a loop.

Anyway, thanks again! I think I've got it.

willRules
Hey no problem it's cool man, once you get into the swing of things it's really fun to just sit back, watch the posts build on a topic and throw in the occasional thought to a thread on a story arc/character/question etc etc.

I rarely create new threads myself as a lot of stuff has been covered on these forums already and can be posted in an already existing thread. That's good because it doesn't clutter up the forum and only people interested in the same thing will post there otherwise they'll leave the thread. Usually the most popular threads are ones dedicated to a new or upcoming storyline for a comic. yes

Digi
I'm also dealing with it via PM. Generally that's the best way to handle things anyway if there's confusion.

Anyway, closing. We'll likely be opening a general Hellboy thread soon to rectify this problem without making the thread needlessly specific.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.