Superman (Sundipped) vs Tyrant (de powered)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cartesian Doubt
Superman (Sundipped) vs De powered Tyrant.

Besides the fact that Sundipped Superman makes no ****ing sense scientifically, his powers obviously reach ridiculous levels. I mean the guy raped D.S. (Someone Morisson refers to as a celestial capable of splitting the planet in half) when he was "sun tanned", so when fully dipped the guy must be reaching Juggernaut level durability and well Pre Crisis level strength. Now Thanos has shown to be on this level, especially when he fought Odin and owned Power Gem Thor (Someone who must be on par with Sundipped Superman) however Supermans range of powers truly are immense. I don't think Supes has much of a chance, buts its closer than a few will think and I want to cause some controversy. Don't forget, the assormant of heroes that Tyrant owned where not on Sundipped Superman level of power (for example, Surfer was definitely not in his newly restored form etc).

Philosophía
I don't even know where to start with that post.

Enyalus
Supes uses his superior superspeed H2H pressure point strikes ftw.

facepalm

skygunner41
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
Superman (Sundipped) vs De powered Tyrant.

Besides the fact that Sundipped Superman makes no ****ing sense scientifically, his powers obviously reach ridiculous levels. I mean the guy raped D.S. (Someone Morisson refers to as a celestial capable of splitting the planet in half) when he was "sun tanned", so when fully dipped the guy must be reaching Juggernaut level durability and well Pre Crisis level strength. Now Thanos has shown to be on this level, especially when he fought Odin and owned Power Gem Thor (Someone who must be on par with Sundipped Superman) however Supermans range of powers truly are immense. I don't think Supes has much of a chance, buts its closer than a few will think and I want to cause some controversy. Don't forget, the assormant of heroes that Tyrant owned where not on Sundipped Superman level of power (for example, Surfer was definitely not in his newly restored form etc).

...... confused

Cartesian Doubt

Doom and Gloom
I bet I can guess what it would amount to though:

Blah, bla , blah , blah, blah , blah , blah MY Idiosyncratic opinion, blah blah blah blah, insult, idiosyncratic opinion, isdiosyncratic oppion, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah , isnult, blhahhhhhhhhh

That response was good for a laugh. laughing

Eel O'Brien
It's close. But I just can't bring myself to read all that...close though.

id369
Its difficult enough to analyze Morg juiced up. But at least we have a rough sketch to draw a comparisons based on the class of characters, and their numbers.

While all we know is that Superman gets extremely power when he soaks himself into the sun.

jasofisc
based on the sun dipped superman from our world at war (which is the only one that actually meant something when superman did that) i'm going to go with superman. He was just too powerfull I agree that it would be close but I see superman coming out on top.

quanchi112
I bet I can guess what it would amount to though:

Blah, bla , blah , blah, blah , blah , blah MY Idiosyncratic opinion, blah blah blah blah, insult, idiosyncratic opinion, isdiosyncratic oppion, blah blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah , isnult, blhahhhhhhhhh laughing out loud Tyrant wins.

Mrblonde
Tyrant wins

Slaanesh
tyrant FTW

skygunner41
Supes FTW.

Bentley
Neither wins, this end with Prime appearing and pimp-slapping both so hard that they say uncle.

starlock
Tyrant for the win

carnage52
supes and not because i'm a dc fanboy.

skyfather
Supes wins,coz he push teh planetz!!!

Kris Blaze
Tyrant wins, coz he cut teh galactuz!!!

horrorwolf
Tyrant>>>>>>>>>>Kent w/a sundip.

Tyrant takes this everytime.

Bentley
I ask the same question everyone should've asked. Sundipped for how long?

shokosugi
Superman takes this.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carnage52
supes and not because i'm a dc fanboy. Then why?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Can I ask a legit question. I've seen supes look very bad when staying in the sun for too long. Does this mean he couldn't just stay in there for days and eventually reaches a soaking point where it's time to leave?

vlaaad12345
He can stay as long as he wants in the sun.

TricksterPriest
Kurupt: AllStar Superman. Elseworlds, not canon to mainstream Superman. though that Superman does actually exist somewhere given the nature of Hypertime.

The Great Galen
Hmmm, I'll give a sundipped supes 7/10

Nihilist
tyrant

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Kurupt: AllStar Superman. Elseworlds, not canon to mainstream Superman. though that Superman does actually exist somewhere given the nature of Hypertime.

Yes but have we seen mainstream supes stay in the sun for a prolonged period of time and seen it not affect him? Point being as you say if those supes do exist and those are the instances we've seen him in the sun for awhile and affected why wouldn't it or be possible it does the same to other versions? Just trying to figure that out as I've always wondered which is true.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How can anyone logically assume Superman wins here at all?

I mean, if Tyrant wanted to, he could probably drain Superman of all his Solar Energy with a thought.

Either way, Tyrant beats the crap out of Clark.

Here comes a rant, ignore it.

embarrasment

Enough of all this Pre-Crisis powerful assumption. Clark has been put down by Konvict, been given a bloody nose by Hercules, etc.

He would have to Sun-Dip for a long, long time for his power levels to reach those of Pre-Crisis.

Pre-Crisis Superman sneezes Solar Systems out of existence. On a sick day, his bodily noises, can cause more damage, than Clark on a good day.

Pre-Crisis Superman, worked on a level beyond New Earth Superman in my own opinion. It was as if, as long as he wanted it bad enough he could do anything.

He constantly defied the laws of physics.

I simply believe, he could do anything to an extent. His core power set in my opinion (If I recall all his ridiculous feats correctly) simply worked in a different way. There wasn't to much logic behind it besides the fact that he gets his power for a Yellow Sun. The mechanics of what he did, were not based on any known laws. I mean didn't writers simply give him new powers for any situation to simply try them out?

Didn't he seal of an entire Universe from the rest of the Multiverse, with his heat vision? I mean how is that possible. I know it is a comic but my point is, that crap like that wouldn't happen now without at least some logic behind it.

Either way, simply me rant and ignore it lol.

Mindset
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Will do. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
I wasn't talking to you.

mad

I'm Bran
Wut is that, like 6 walls of texts in like 5 minutes?

shokosugi

I mean, if Tyrant wanted to, he could probably drain Superman of all his Solar Energy with a thought.

embarrasment

Enough of all this Pre-Crisis powerful assumption. Clark has been put down by Konvict, been given a bloody nose by Hercules, etc.

He would have to Sun-Dip for a long, long time for his power levels to reach those of Pre-Crisis.

Pre-Crisis Superman sneezes Solar Systems out of existence. On a sick day, his bodily noises, can cause more damage, than Clark on a good day.

Pre-Crisis Superman, worked on a level beyond New Earth Superman in my own opinion. It was as if, as long as he wanted it bad enough he could do anything.

I simply believe, he could do anything to an extent. His core power set in my opinion (If I recall all his ridiculous feats correctly) simply worked in a different way. There wasn't to much logic behind it besides the fact that he gets his power for a Yellow Sun. The mechanics of what he did, were not based on any known laws. I mean didn't writers simply give him new powers for any situation to simply try them out?

Didn't he seal of an entire Universe from the rest of the Multiverse, with his heat vision? I mean how is that possible. I know it is a comic but my point is, that crap like that wouldn't happen now without at least some logic behind it.

Here's you answer: NO

Rage.Of.Olympus
Oh wow. What an intelligent response....

kgkg
Yes it's true his IQ is over 200

The Great Galen

embarrasment

Didn't he beat konvick rather easily and isn't konvick a team wrecker to boot.Besides that, supes was only sun-dipepd for a few hours when we saw him when he moved warworld and...well watever kind of to lazy to reply to all of thise.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
Yes it's true his IQ is over 200

Thank you captain obvious....

Anyone could see that, based on his intelligent reply to me. I mean it has be completely stumped.

I conceded the moment I read it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Didn't he beat konvick rather easily and isn't konvick a team wrecker to boot.Besides that, supes was only sun-dipepd for a few hours when we saw him when he moved warworld and...well watever kind of to lazy to reply to all of thise.

Lol.

big grin

When did he defeat Konvict rather easily?

Konvict put him down in one punch in the past and that was a really bad showing for Clark's reflexes.

I think Clark was trying to stop Konvict's fist with his face. Didn't work out to well.

Did it happen in Trinity? I have every issue published but I haven't gotten time to read the last 4 issues (I was planning to catch up on my comic reading tomorrow. I don't have any classes tomorrow fortunately.).

What are you talking about?

When did I refer to the Sun-Dipped Superman of War World?

Lol....

tsscls
I'm a fanboy. Supes takes this.

Eel O'Brien
Did it happen in Trinity? I have every issue published but I haven't gotten time to read the last 4 issues

Have you read the first 22 issues? or any other Superman comic? Ever?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindset
Will do. thumb up

Enyalus

Konvikt one-shotted Superman at the start of the fight. A KO, or at minimum, a 'flash KO.' The next issue he gets back up and fights alongside Diana, whom they still can't put down. Batman nerve-gas plot device FTW.

And when he moved Warworld he was sundipped for a few minutes at most. smile

It happens in Trinity 4-5.

Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Have you read the first 22 issues? or any other Superman comic? Ever?

I stopped reading Trinity after issue 18. Does Superman end up fighting Konvikt again and winning?

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by Enyalus
I stopped reading Trinity after issue 18. Does Superman end up fighting Konvikt again and winning?

No; I was making more of a general statement than anything specific to Konvict.

I will say that Supes getting knocked on his backside in one panel and back up the next doesn't prove anything; except that Supes really doesn't need to underestimate people he's never met.

But that's not meant to be directed at you, Eny...

Enyalus
No; I was making more of a general statement than anything specific to Konvict.

I will say that Supes getting knocked on his backside in one panel and back up the next doesn't prove anything; except that Supes really doesn't need to underestimate people he's never met.

But that's not meant to be directed at you, Eny...

Alright. But your "next panel" reference is wrong. The next panel shows Superman on his back in a pile of debris with his eyes closed. The next issue, however, is when he gets back in the fight. Like I said, at the very least, it was a 'flash KO.'

KuRuPT Thanosi
Again I ask haven't we seen various supes really affected from being in the sun too long and just not be able to stay in there for days. Have we seen mainstream supes sundipping for days yet? If other supes have been shown to not be able to why would mainstream be able to?

Eel O'Brien
Alright. But your "next panel" reference is wrong. The next panel shows Superman on his back in a pile of debris with his eyes closed. The next issue, however, is when he gets back in the fight. Like I said, at the very least, it was a 'flash KO.'

You're right; but I still wouldn't say that proves anything. It's just indicative of Busiek's writing style. Look at JLA/Avengers #1; Thor put Supes down with an initial hit, then he's back up at the start of the next issue.

That didn't mean Thor was that much better, it's just how Busiek builds cliffhanger tension. He used to do the same thing when he wrote Valor.

Enyalus
You're right; but I still wouldn't say that proves anything. It's just indicative of Busiek's writing style. Look at JLA/Avengers #1; Thor put Supes down with an initial hit, then he's back up at the start of the next issue.

Meh, like Morrison, I don't much care for Busiek when he writes DC stuff (Action Comics...Didn't he do Dream War, too?)

But Galen's point was that Superman beat Konvikt 'rather easily.' And nothing could be farther from the truth.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It happens in Trinity 4-5.

The Great Galan said that Superman beat Konvict rather easily which isn't true.

Konvict basically one shotted him to an extent, and later on both he and Diana had some trouble.

Either way, I think that fight was pretty stupid. The Justice League members were toned down and were not using their abilities.

I mean Firestorm taken out by a flying debris???

Vixen who can copy any meta human's powers back then, was also taken out by flying debris???

The Flash taken out by a thunder clap???

Superman with his reflexes and speed shouldn't he flown into that punch.

Either way, who cares.

The Great Galen
Lol.

big grin

When did he defeat Konvict rather easily?

Konvict put him down in one punch in the past and that was a really bad showing for Clark's reflexes.

I think Clark was trying to stop Konvict's fist with his face. Didn't work out to well.

Did it happen in Trinity? I have every issue published but I haven't gotten time to read the last 4 issues (I was planning to catch up on my comic reading tomorrow. I don't have any classes tomorrow fortunately.).

What are you talking about?

When did I refer to the Sun-Dipped Superman of War World?

Lol....

Kinvict was build up as a team wrecker, and the point I was making about the sun-dipp was that supes only needs a very brief amount of time for a drastic increase in stats.

TricksterPriest
When we talk about Sundip, we generally talk about OWAW. And I have no need to bring up what feats he did in that book, speculation and downplaying be damned.

You can either bash him and the feats, or take them in context, with the full power and signifigance. I dare you to put Tyrant up against B-13 and Warworld, see how well they do.

Enyalus
You can either bash him and the feats, or take them in context, with the full power and signifigance. I dare you to put Tyrant up against B-13 and Warworld, see how well they do.

Sure. I'll take the bet that Tyrant could beat a few of Braniac's robotic drones and move a dwarf planet under his own power.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Kinvict was build up as a team wrecker, and the point I was making about the sun-dipp was that supes only needs a very brief amount of time for a drastic increase in stats.

The Justice League fought as jokes so....

Superman tried to block Konvict's punch with his face lol.

He does only need a few moment's to get significantly stronger.

Enyalus
Evil's Plight?

Sorry. Way off topic.

The Great Galen
The Justice League fought as jokes so....

Superman tried to block Konvict's punch with his face lol.

He does only need a few moment's to get significantly stronger.

Doesn't take away from konvict's level of power, I mean we could argue the infinity watch that battled Thor w/pg was a huge joke sinece thor was fighting with serious CIS

Enyalus
I mean we could argue the infinity watch that battled Thor w/pg was a huge joke sinece thor was fighting with serious CIS

Why do you always say that? And besides, Thor won his fight even with CIS. The JLA did not.

...Til Bats saved their asses.

The Great Galen
Why do you always say that? And besides, Thor won his fight even with CIS. The JLA did not.

...Til Bats saved their asses.

Bats>Marvel&DCU and that's a fact, although I guess marvel opinion of the infinity watch is just pretty low while DC has a pretty high opinion of Konvict.

Mindset
Bats>Marvel&DCU and that's a fact, although I guess marvel opinion of the infinity watch is just pretty low while DC has a pretty high opinion of Konvict. confused

The Great Galen
confused

C'mon, tell me the infinity watch were not shit in that fight....althought If I remember correctly they were holding back so I guess it doesn't count.

Enyalus
I guess marvel opinion of the infinity watch is just pretty low while DC has a pretty high opinion of Konvict.

Right. Because WM Thor w/ Power Gem and Konvikt are even remotely comparable.

The Great Galen
Right. Because WM Thor w/ Power Gem and Konvikt are even remotely comparable.

Do KMC a favor and stop posting.

So then I guess the inifnity watch just really suck then lol, Konvict just comes off very beastly....the infinity watch just had a real bad day.

Enyalus
So then I guess the inifnity watch just really suck then lol, Konvict just comes off very beastly....the infinity watch just had a real bad day.

Let me break it down for you in a manner your brain can handle and process the information:

Infinity Watch >>> PIS-ridden JLA minus the Trinity.

CIS WM Thor w/ PG >>> Konvikt.

Put two and two together.

Mindset
4?

Enyalus
4?

Don't give him the answer, dude. Make him work for it.

The Great Galen
Let me break it down for you in a manner your brain can handle and process the information:

Infinity Watch >>> PIS-ridden JLA minus the Trinity.

CIS WM Thor w/ PG >>> Konvikt.

Put two and two together.

Hmmm, so CIS-ridden Thor>>>>>>Infinity Watch?

Enyalus
Nevermind. Thanks for missing the entire point.

smile

The Great Galen
Nevermind. Thanks for missing the entire point.

smile

Well I just didn't think u hated the infinity watch so much.

Enyalus

I just think...no, I know that comparing the Infinity Watch to a JLA missing it's three biggest players is stupid.

As is comparing WM Thor w/ PG to Konvikt.

But hey, what do I know. It's not like I've read both arcs or anything.

The Great Galen
I just think...no, I know that comparing the Infinity Watch to a JLA missing it's three biggest players is stupid.

As is comparing WM Thor w/ PG to Konvikt.

But hey, what do I know. It's not like I've read both arcs or anything.

Just think the IW sucked ass during that arc.

Enyalus
Just think the IW sucked ass during that arc.

I have no problems with them or how they performed. It appears you do.

The Great Galen
You think they were portrayed to the best of there abilites....I mean who the hell onshots Strange and SS?

TricksterPriest
Watch jobbed, same as JLA. You had Dr. ****ing Strange get knocked down. Nuff said.

Enyalus
Watch jobbed, same as JLA. You had Dr. ****ing Strange get knocked down. Nuff said.

Yeah. By his own energies after they were turned back on him. And it was by a Thor who was more than 10 times as powerful than he normally is. And had just thrashed Surfer, Warlock, BRB, Drax, and Gamora without the gem.

skygunner41
PIS.

Enyalus
Originally posted by skygunner41
PIS.

No. Thor in WM is just that f*cking powerful. And he'd thrash Konvikt or the JLA minus their stars. Which is what Konvikt did. And then when the Big 3 came, they backed off and let Diana and Supes take over.

The Great Galen
Yeah. By his own energies after they were turned back on him. And it was by a Thor who was more than 10 times as powerful than he normally is. And had just thrashed Surfer, Warlock, BRB, Drax, and Gamora without the gem.

Gamora and Drax don't bother me, but warklock,SS,BRB and strange.....marvel you got some s'plaining to do.

The Great Galen
No. Thor in WM is just that f*cking powerful. And he'd thrash Konvikt or the JLA minus their stars. Which is what Konvikt did. And then when the Big 3 came, they backed off and let Diana and Supes take over.

Konvict is just that badass....IW were just a joke that time.

skygunner41
Exactly.

Enyalus
Konvict is just that badass....IW were just a joke that time.

Do I have to report you for trolling, or are you going to back that up with evidence?

By everyone's admission, the JLA jobbed and were heavy with PIS. Drax had the Power Gem and was one-shotted by Thor. The IW would kick the JLA who fought Konvikt's ass, easily. And Thor would do it even harder than Konvikt did.

Your comparison of Thor and Konvikt was absolutely ridiculous and completely fanboyish. Accept it. Move on.

The Great Galen
Do I have to report you for trolling, or are you going to back that up with evidence?

By everyone's admission, the JLA jobbed and were heavy with PIS. Drax had the Power Gem and was one-shotted by Thor. The IW would kick the JLA who fought Konvikt's ass, easily. And Thor would do it even harder than Konvikt did.

Your comparison of Thor and Konvikt was absolutely ridiculous and completely fanboyish. Accept it. Move on.

The IW sucked pure and simple, u may have a low opinion of them but personally I don't buy a second of it. Anyhow Konvict is a team wrecker and I guess Thor is one too........didn't know it was that easy beat the marvel top tiers.

Enyalus
Tyrant wins, and you're back on ignore, Galen. No more wasting keyboard strokes on your baseless opinions.

The Great Galen
Tyrant wins, and you're back on ignore, Galen. No more wasting keyboard strokes on your baseless opinions.

U just said Thor>IW, all I said was Konvict was badass....

Captain REX
Will you two please stop arguing? Stating opinions without backing them is not report-worthy, so please only use that if you start actively insulting each other.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.