Star by Star

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
This is the new title of the next hardback. Del Rey has said this...."Three big events, maybe more. That includes the character deaths. After reading this book, people will wander around with alternating looks of glee and horror, depending on which plot points they think about" Well, it appears another character is going to die. And what are the big events? I think they will be 1) The birth of Luke and Mara's baby 2) The fall of Coruscant and 3)The character death

Jedi Mercenary
I'm gonna cry when Coruscant falls

Tsavong Lah
When the Vong get to Coruscant it will be like in Pinnochio when the boys trashed treasure island.

Who do you think will die?

theEviljedi
The baby.

Jedi Mercenary
Mara

Ratcat
Noooooooo! Not Mara. I love her, I think she is one of the best characters to have ever come out of the EU. sad

JediOasis
I can really see Leia dying. Her character really serves no purpose anymore. She just runs around trying to find a place for refugees. Her children are old enough now to take care of themselves. I would say Han but I think he'll make it all the way through the NJO. Luke can't die yet, that won't come until HC 5 when he saves the universe one more time. I would love to see Borsk die but I don't think it will happen. One character I could really see dying is Taloon Karrde. He plays a pivotal role in the next paperback in saving the Jedi children. Maybe he dies saving them or something.

Ratcat
Actually, I did like Leia's stand against Borsk Fey'lya at the end of Dark Tide 1 and she did have a few nice scenes throughout that book but she has kinda become a little stagnant though.

Jedi Mercenary
It can't be another one of the main characters, it might be Borsk, after he won and became chief-o-state, Leia will probably go back to being president when he dies.

theEviljedi
Like I said...Baby Ben.

Jedi Mercenary
since the baby was just born I doubt he'll die

theEviljedi
No, he will die immediately after birth if he does.

JediOasis
I am pretty sure that the baby will live, killing babies is not Star Wars material. I think the child could eventually lead to the downfall of the Vong. The disease is still present in Mara's system, how cool would it be to see a baby that is half human, half Vong.

Ratcat
How about Wedge? Kinda a mainstreamer without being a main character.

Or Gavin Darklight?

An interesting one would be to kill of either Jaina or Jacen, becuasse whilst not identical twins they do share the twins bond and it could be fantatsic to see how the other deals with the loss.

Jaina would have to be the more likely, killed during a Rogue Squadran skirmish.

JediOasis
Jaina won't die because there is to be an entire book written about her, but maybe Jacen.

Ratcat
OK, but possibly the climax of the box, major death scene. huh???

What book BTW?

Jedi Mercenary
I don't think any of the jedi kids are gonna get it. Maybe one of the older jedi, Kyp Durron??

JediOasis
I've always thought that Kyp would die in the last book in the final battle. I could see him and Luke fighting side by side against Shimmara and Lah somewhere on Coruscant and Kyp will sacrifice himself at the last moment so that Luke could live to raise his child.

Ratcat
Well, there's been some definate build up of conflict between Luke and Kyp. I can actually see that coming to a head with Kyp splitting his Jedi faction off completely.

Jedi Mercenary
maybe Kam?? Well, if someones gonna die, it's gotta be a good guy, or maybe not..

Ratcat
I think, if it's gonna rock the SW EU as much as Chewies death did, then it needs to be a movie character or one of the early EU creations like Mara.

Edna witch
I have got to get reading! I cant keep up! Im falling so far behind!

Ratcat
Yeah, I had that problem but I'm just about catching up now.

Edna witch
The thing is that I actually have most of the books. I think I have about 35 now but I havent read them all. Ive read them in a really odd order too which kinda spoils some of the stories. Im gonna have to try and keep up to date on the latest ones though I think then I might actually be able to join in the conversation!

JediOasis
Well, Conquest comes out in a week smile I can't wait.

Edna witch
Conquest? Does that come after balance point?

JediOasis
Yeah, its the first paperback after Balance Point. I don't want to give away to much, but lets just say the Jedi are in BIG trouble.

Admiral Kettch
Jacen's not dieing for a while, since he is going to have a book later on.

And I still say another major character will have to die. Otherwise Chewie's death will have been pointless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.