Cosmic Armor Superman Vs Galactus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cloud102
Winner?

Enyalus
Because Superman with his cosmic armor had such great feats.

Eel O'Brien
Wouldn't Galactus be the size of a germ next to this Superman?

Philosophía
Superman was on a whole new level.

Literally.

cloud102

skygunner41
Originally posted by cloud102
At what level would you say he's in? Eternity? Anti-Monitor? Mxy? What?

beyond that.

xJLxKing
Who is this Superman? Never heard of him

Cartesian Doubt
My ineffable force , is better than yours.

Im being sarcastic btw. Ineffable by definition means, we can't understand it. So to relate to a qunatifiable term e.g. "better" is not going to work. Therefore this whole debate is pointless.

Philosophía
At what level would you say he's in? Eternity? Anti-Monitor? Mxy? What?

I'd say at above any level, baring a supreme being, to be honest.

Galan007
At what level would you say he's in? Eternity? Anti-Monitor? Mxy? What? Abstract-ish, to say the least.

xJLxKing
Which Superman is this? Can anyone post a picture of him or something?

Galan007
From 'Superman Beyond: 3-D' #2. I posted scans in one of the Superman respect threads. Go find them.

xJLxKing
Alright, thankz Galan

Raoul
i'm not even sure this should be open. superman in that story was, imo, unquantifiable in terms of power...

Galan007
thumb up

Eel O'Brien
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Which Superman is this? Can anyone post a picture of him or something?

Look at my sig. To grasp the scale; this Superman was about the size of the "jar" that contains all 52 multiverses.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Look at my sig. To grasp the scale; this Superman was about the size of the "jar" that contains all 52 multiverses.
I read the scan, and your sig, but I never understood it. I guess it's time to read

kevdude
He was insanely powerful, ima have to read that again right now! cool

Galan007
I read the scan, and your sig, but I never understood it. I guess it's time to read Read these scans:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1263094_s1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1263095_s2.jpg

That should help you grasp the level Superman was operating on.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Read these scans:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1263094_s1.jpg http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1263095_s2.jpg

Right. But that's because he's in the 4th dimension, right? It'd be like someone visiting the 5th dimension and looking at the mainstream DCU from that perspective.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Right. But that's because he's in the 4th dimension, right? It'd be like someone visiting the 5th dimension and looking at the mainstream DCU from that perspective. I wasn't just talking about his scale. I was talking about the power of his 'armor' (second scan.)

xJLxKing
Read these scans:

Yeah, i read it, but barely understood it. From my understanding he is as powerful as Galactus (or something like that)

Enyalus
I wasn't just talking about his scale. I was talking about the power of his 'armor' (second scan.)

Ah. Yeah, I remember first reading that. I was thinking, "How cool. It's like Doomsday armor." ....And then it gets trashed during the fight and doesn't seem to adapt at all...

Galan007
Yeah, i read it, but barely understood it. Here's the important part regarding the power of Superman's 'armor'..

"A thought robot capable of adapting instantly to counter any future threat."
"A sentinel-suit designed for a single purpose.... To protect all existence against the ultimate enemy."

(second scan.)

From my understanding he is as powerful as Galactus (or something like that) g_twitch

Galan007
Ah. Yeah, I remember first reading that. I was thinking, "How cool. It's like Doomsday armor." ....And then it gets trashed during the fight and doesn't seem to adapt at all... Ohh but he does adapt (first panel):

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1263199_s3.jpg

Enyalus
Ohh but he does adapt (first panel):

Getting stronger as the fight goes on or in response to the threat level is something normal Superman does. But besides that, I was talking about adapting after it was damaged.

Galan007
Getting stronger as the fight goes on or in response to the threat level is something normal Superman does. Adapting to eternal power is not something Superman normally does.

Stop hating. uhuh

But besides that, I was talking about adapting after it was damaged. He no longer needed to adapt. His goal/purpose had been fulfilled.

Stop hating. uhuh

Enyalus
Adapting to eternal power is not something Superman normally does.

Stop hating. uhuh

Mandrakk had 'eternal' power? How and why? I didn't see him with an Ikaris outfit on.

stick out tongue wink

xJLxKing
Here's the important part regarding the power of Superman's 'armor'..

"A thought robot capable of adapting instantly to counter any future threat."
"A sentinel-suit designed for a single purpose.... To protect all existence against the ultimate enemy."

(second scan.)

g_twitch
So what if he automatically fights a character that is Ion power level(or above). Will he adopt automatically? If so, what do you mean adopt? become immune, or just stronger?

Galan007
Mandrakk had 'eternal' power? How and why? I didn't see him with an Ikaris outfit on.

stick out tongue wink I see what you did there. uhuh

And Mandrakk was clearly wearing a Sersi outfit, btw. ahah

Galan007
So what if he automatically fights a character that is Ion power level(or above). Ehh, I guess you're not grasping the type of power Mandrakk had.

xJLxKing
Ehh, I guess you're not grasping the type of power Mandrakk had.
Who is Mandrakk big grin

Enyalus
I see what you did there. uhuh

And Mandrakk was clearly wearing a Sersi outfit, btw. ahah

You liked it. I know it.

Eel O'Brien
Who is Mandrakk big grin

He's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ion

Enyalus
He's >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ion

He's a monitor...

Eel O'Brien
He's a monitor...

Understood. I'm just trying to put this Cosmic Armor into proper persepctive...

Allankles
Wouldn't Galactus be the size of a germ next to this Superman?

Yep. Since beings within the Orrery are microscopic to the Monitors who exist outside the multiverse.

Batman-Prime
Unfortunatly I couldn't get my hands on Superman Beyond sad.
I have a lot of comic subscription but due to my work I visit my comic dealer once in 2 months.
I have to wait for an TPB

How powerful is this Cosmic Armor Superman in your opinion?

Does he stand a chance against Batman? big grin

Mindset
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Unfortunatly I couldn't get my hands on Superman Beyond sad.
I have a lot of comic subscription but due to my work I visit my comic dealer once in 2 months.
I have to wait for an TPB

How powerful is this Cosmic Armor Superman in your opinion?

Does he stand a chance against Batman? big grin He is almost as strong as Hulk

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset
He is almost as strong as Hulk

So he still has no chance against Batman? cool

Allankles
So he still has no chance against Batman? cool

He helped stop Batman from dying again and again from the Omega Sanction.

Mindset
So he still has no chance against Batman? cool Of course not

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Allankles
He helped stop Batman from dying again and again from the Omega Sanction.

Only because Bruce knows Clark good enough to let him. So he doesn't feel so useless anymore wink

Enyalus
He is almost as strong as Hulk

Avlon's going to hurt you. My super-hearing tells me he's coming.

Batman-Prime
Avlon's going to hurt you. My super-hearing tells me he's coming.

Why? Because he has the guts to tell the truth?

Viva la revolution!

And "almost as strong" is an compliment. We all know that he is only as strong as Spiderman!

Allankles
Only because Bruce knows Clark good enough to let him. So he doesn't feel so useless anymore wink

Nothing good about reliving your worst nightmare again and again, especially Bats with shrink related issues. wink Good thing Supes is there to wish him out of the Omega Sanction, bad stuff that.

Enyalus
Nothing good about reliving your worst nightmare again and again, especially Bats with shrink related issues. wink Good thing Supes is there to wish him out of the Omega Sanction, bad stuff that.

With Darkseid dead, or at least out of Creation, wouldn't that stop? I'm thinking something along the lines of MM's control of Prometheus.

Batman-Prime

mad

Batman calls this meditation!

Doom and Gloom
How many fukking versions of Superman are there?

Allankles
With Darkseid dead, or at least out of Creation, wouldn't that stop? I'm thinking something along the lines of MM's control of Prometheus.

Maybe but DS going was the result of the miracle machine coupled with the life equation. The LE which was apparently generated from this same miracle machine. Also I think Supes needed the wish to rectify DS's damage.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
How many fukking versions of Superman are there?

Right now about 52+

Infinite

!

vlaaad12345
Superman no doubt.

Knowsbleed33
What did this Superman do exactly?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
What did this Superman do exactly?
It seems by the scans that Galan Provided that Superman can be killed. He will evolve and defeat his opponent. I am guessing something like DD but at much faster rate.

Knowsbleed33
Ok, but featless at this point then?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Ok, but featless at this point then?

He is sent onto a plane of thought (think Plato's Forms) and fights Mandrakk, a Monitor (the best of them, apparently.) He wins when he forces Mandrakk off of a ledge and into the Void. Supes and his armor was pretty banged up from the ordeal. But he did withstand the heat of ten billion suns, according to Mandrakk.

vlaaad12345
It was ten trillion suns and mandrakk draws power from the entire dc multiverse.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
It was ten trillion suns and mandrakk draws power from the entire dc multiverse.

It was billion:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Supes_Beyond1.jpg

On a related note, I hate my Photobucket account.

tjcoady
It seems by the scans that Galan Provided that Superman can be killed. He will evolve and defeat his opponent. I am guessing something like DD but at much faster rate.

It's nothing like Doomsday.

Anything lower than the Living Tribunal is a spite thread for the Monitor-Armor Superman.

Colossus-Big C
He is almost as strong as Hulk Doubt it

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Doubt it
durpalm

TheTyrant
Yep. Since beings within the Orrery are microscopic to the Monitors who exist outside the multiverse.

Galactus can become as big as he wants. I want to know what Mandrakk did that was so great. And yes, I've read Superman Beyond. IIRC the only reason thought robot was percieved to be larger than the multiverse was because of the fact that he was on a different plane of existence.

TheLordofMurder
This version of Superman is beneath a "Supreme Being" type...

Thus he gets one shotted every single time by Galactus; with the Ultimate Nullifier of course...

There would be no Doomsday-like raising from the dead after that...

shokosugi
Wrong

TheLordofMurder
Right...

I am always right; get used to it....

Happy Dance

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Galactus can become as big as he wants. I want to know what Mandrakk did that was so great. And yes, I've read Superman Beyond. IIRC the only reason thought robot was percieved to be larger than the multiverse was because of the fact that he was on a different plane of existence.
Yes, a plane of existence where all reality as we know it fits inside of a jar.

Galactus would just be a germ to CA Superman.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
This version of Superman is beneath a "Supreme Being" type...

Thus he gets one shotted every single time by Galactus; with the Ultimate Nullifier of course...

There would be no Doomsday-like raising from the dead after that...
Superman's story is beyond Nullification. Also Galactus doesn't have the UN here.

illadelph12
Meh, that whole Mandrakk/Cosmic Armor thing was lame in my opinion. Given the level of scrutiny that is typically levelled on "featless" characters, I'm a bit amused at how people trump up Mandrakk given how he was defeated rather easily and did very little in his few appearances. It's all based on implied power which usually gets frowned upon around here.

Very amusing.

iceman24567
He wasn't defeated easily though he beat the Spectre and the Radiant off panel before CA armor Superman fought him. Mandrakk is more than just implied power erm. Superman wins here

Omega Vision
Originally posted by illadelph12
Meh, that whole Mandrakk/Cosmic Armor thing was lame in my opinion. Given the level of scrutiny that is typically levelled on "featless" characters, I'm a bit amused at how people trump up Mandrakk given how he was defeated rather easily and did very little in his few appearances. It's all based on implied power which usually gets frowned upon around here.

Very amusing. Originally posted by iceman24567
He wasn't defeated easily though he beat the Spectre and the Radiant off panel before CA armor Superman fought him. Mandrakk is more than just implied power erm. Superman wins here
The Mandrakk that appeared in FC #7 is completely different from the one who appeared in SMB #1-2. The former was a punk ass Monitor who drank a lot of red drink while the latter was the Greatest Monitor ever who was consuming all reality. There's a subtle difference. No way in Hell would Dax Novu get killed by a Green Lantern Construct Stake.

Also pardon Superman for never holding a Universe in his hand and talking to Dr Strange since that seems to be how you establish cosmic credentials on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

tribunal
Originally posted by Omega Vision
The Mandrakk that appeared in FC #7 is completely different from the one who appeared in SMB #1-2. The former was a punk ass Monitor who drank a lot of red drink while the latter was the Greatest Monitor ever who was consuming all reality. There's a subtle difference. No way in Hell would Dax Novu get killed by a Green Lantern Construct Stake.

Also pardon Superman for never holding a Universe in his hand and talking to Dr Strange since that seems to be how you establish cosmic credentials on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic)

basically you are an idiot if you cant see that Cosmic Armor Superman wins this

TheLordofMurder

Superman's story is beyond Nullification. Also Galactus doesn't have the UN here.

Errr....

Why exactly doesnt Galactus have the UN here? The OP certainly didnt make that stipulation...

And besides, the UN is an aspect of Galactus himself and he can call it to his hand at will...

So unless you have proof that this version of Supes was beyond nullification (and Ultimate Nullification at that), then this is a stomp in favor of Galactus as Supes has no answer or defense to this attack...

illadelph12
Meh.

I wasn't impressed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Errr....

Why exactly doesnt Galactus have the UN here? The OP certainly didnt make that stipulation...

And besides, the UN is an aspect of Galactus himself and he can call it to his hand at will...

So unless you have proof that this version of Supes was beyond nullification (and Ultimate Nullification at that), then this is a stomp in favor of Galactus as Supes has no answer or defense to this attack...
I'm pretty sure the UN isn't considered standard gear for Galactus on this forum.

Because it survived a similar attack: Mandrakk's life/story draining power.

TheTyrant

Yea, yea. Just tell me why and how Mandrakk I's feat was better than BCA Galactus's?

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=9te0.jpg
http://img371.imageshack.us/my.php?image=10qt9.jpg
"The time will come soon when ALL the Energy in the UNIVERSE,
through out it's HISTORY will NOT be SUFFICIENT to feed him."

http://img401.imageshack.us/i/20396565ii7.jpg/
"Galactus' appetite became insatiable
and it threatened to consume All Existence"

http://img181.imageshack.us/i/biggomni1iq6.jpg/
"Celestial renegade (Taimut) constructed a weapon (Galactus)
mighty enough to threaten the ENTIRE Space-Time structure of the OMNIVERSE."

Cubey
Because that's not a feat. He never destroyed the omniverse, he supposedly had the potential to consume all of it, which Mandrakk actually WAS doing.

cdtm
Understood. I'm just trying to put this Cosmic Armor into proper persepctive...

From my understanding of the story, Mandrakk is one of the monitors. Monitor's themselves, are probes of the Primal Monitor, or Over Monitor, which is basically this incomprehensibly giant organism where the entire DCU is considered an infection or germ.

The Monitors are it's probes, and also considers them germs.

To get an idea of the scale Monitors work on, the war ships they sent to the multiverse were described as infinitely small to the Monitors, yet appeared huge to DC residents. One ship was 70 miles long. And these are tiny to their scale. They also carried "reality blitzing missiles", that could wipe out universes.

And as for Mandrakk himself, he threatened all 52 universes, as narrated by the story. Mandrakk casually killed another Monitor, and even normal monitors feed off the "blood" of all 52 universes, like cosmic vampires. Cosmic Armor Superman was the only thing that had could stand against him.

Omega Vision
Yea, yea. Just tell me why and how Mandrakk I's feat was better than BCA Galactus's?

Is that even 616?

TheTyrant
Yes.

Mindset
Is that even 616? Is your face 616, jerk?

biensalsa

Why is it always that We get "partial" scans with this type of feats?

Can I have Issue # for the last two links?

cdtm
Is that even 616?

Even if it is, Big G would threaten all of existence eventually, through lots and lots of feeding. This is something we can only speculate about.

While Mandrakk's threat was immediate. The story made this crystal clear.

TheTyrant
Originally posted by biensalsa
Why is it always that We get "partial" scans with this type of feats?

Can I have Issue # for the last two links?

The last one is from a 90s Avengers comic and the one before that is from a 90s Guardians of the Galaxy comic. Don't remember the exact issues though. Maybe Galactusischere, Galan or Mr Master know.

iceman24567

Also pardon Superman for never holding a Universe in his hand and talking to Dr Strange since that seems to be how you establish cosmic credentials on this forum. roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes i noticed the mistake as soon as i made it to lazy to do anything about it though erm

theICONiac
Originally posted by illadelph12

Very amusing.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

cdtm
Originally posted by theICONiac
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Not really, considering the demonstrative threat the monitors "infinitely small" ships posed. Plus, saying a Monitor is only trumped up on implied power is like saying Living Tribunal is only trumped up on implied power, given the Monitors are basically empowered by the Supreme Monitor as LT is to TOOA...

Cubey
Mandrakk = threat to 52 universes, CA Supes >> Mandrakk and that's that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.