BA vs Supes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
since this was talked about in another thread what is everybody's thoughts?

Phantom Zone
Not sure im going Supes. Eclipso Superman gave Shazam a hard time but im guessing Superman would win because hes more versatile.

Enyalus
BA.

Raoul
Thought we had one of these, and i'll have another look later, but i'll leave this one open til then.

superman 7/10.

StiltmanFTW
Superman for the majority.

jalek moye
Superman I feel Captain marvel(billy) was better then black adam

Philosophía
Superman.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Just curious if the people picking supes feel that BA magic abilities won't effect Supes at all?

Raoul
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Just curious if the people picking supes feel that BA magic abilities won't effect Supes at all?

no, i for one don't feel that way.

Nihilist
Black Adam. 6/10

Eel O'Brien
Black Adam do some damage, but Superman will take the majority.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Raoul
no, i for one don't feel that way.

So, you feel like they will affect him just not enough to make a difference Raoul? I'm curious the advantages you see Supes having that would equal the magical exploitation BA could use on supes.

Raoul
So, feel ilke they will affect him just not enough to make a difference Raoul? I'm curious the advantages you see Supes having that would eual the magical exploitation BA could use on supes.

superman has more versatility than adam does. heat vision, freeze and wind breath, and a strength that at the very least matches adam's.

i just don't see magic being the deciding factor, given how many magical beings superman has fought in the past...

Eel O'Brien
superman has more versatility than adam does. heat vision, freeze and wind breath, and a strength that at the very least matches adam's.

i just don't see magic being the deciding factor, given how many magical beings superman has fought in the past... thumb up

xJLxKing
Superman 7/10, or as low as 5/10. Anyways majority goes to Superman

KuRuPT Thanosi

i just don't see magic being the deciding factor, given how many magical beings superman has fought in the past...

I agree supes has fought some magical beings in the past and thus has shown an ability to overcome it as he is superman... However, you would agree Supes and BA are very close in strength and striking power with imo Adam being slightly stronger. Speed supes has a slight advantage but it's not like BA is slow or won't be able to hit supes. He's more versatile... I see what your saying with the various things supes can do I just don't know how much they would hurt BA. To me they have very comparable stats with BA having one decided advantage in an area supes has a weakness to. That to me gives BA the majority.. around 8/10. However, I respect your opinion.

Eel O'Brien
The versatility is definitely going to come into play here:

1) Heat vision will hurt BA. He can tough it out but it has hurt him in the past and would in the future
2) Freeze breath- in itself is not an end all attack, but Supes has frozen Darkseid mid-battle and regained the upper hand. Don't think of it as a weapon, think of it as a tool.
3) Super breath- again, a tool, not a weapon. Just like in FC when Supergirl blew Mary Marvel into a building. It may not be a brutal attack; but if your trying to mount an offense and somebody blows you into a building, it's gonna throw you off your game.

Raoul
I agree supes has fought some magical beings in the past and thus has shown an ability to overcome it as he is superman... However, you would agree Supes and BA are very close in strength and striking power with imo Adam being slightly stronger. Speed supes has a slight advantage but it's not like BA is slow or won't be able to hit supes. He's more versatile... I see what your saying with the various things supes can do I just don't know how much they would hurt BA. To me they have very comparable stats with BA having one decided advantage in an area supes has a weakness to. That to me gives BA the majority.. around 8/10. However, I respect your opinion.

i believe superman is stronger. not by a lot, but there is a gap there, imo.

zeel
Its not even possible to determine this. I would say current supes hands down. OLd supes supes of a year ago either way. After seeing scans of BA pummel Lord Marvel either he has been suped up to amazing levels or billy got weaker when he merged with shazam.

Dunno who wins this one.

zeel

thumb up

Enyalus

I don't think it matters who is stronger. Which probably narrowly goes to Superman. BA has superior striking power. He doesn't hold back. And that's the difference there.

Versatility...yeah, your man has the edge there.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't think it matters who is stronger. Which probably narrowly goes to Superman. BA has superior striking power. He doesn't hold back. And that's the difference there.

Versatility...yeah, your man has the edge there. imo i would give the edge to adam due to his ruthless nature

Eel O'Brien

That is usually BA's advantage, because his ferocity allows him to tear through people who really aren't in his league when he's going all out.

His unchecked strength won't catch Superman off-guard. It wouldn't put him down easily, either.

Raoul

but superman will be as strong as he needs to. presumably, adam has no qualms about killing him, so superman would know that he has to put adam down. i don't see him having a problem cutting loose, if even a little...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
His unchecked strength won't catch Superman off-guard. It wouldn't put him down easily, either.

Few heralds would put Supes down easily. I'd give BA a very slim, 6/10 majority. The area that would concern me is BA's durability when pitted against Supes - there, IMO, Kal would have a tremendous advantage.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Few heralds would put Supes down easily. I'd give BA a very slim, 6/10 majority. The area that would concern me is BA's durability when pitted against Supes - there, IMO, Kal would have a tremendous advantage.

QFT I believe supes durability would give him some victories.

Allankles
I don't see BA's ruthlessness being a significant factor because in any fight, your not going to take it easy on an opponent who's trying to kill you.

And it's not like Supes doesn't fight ruthless opponents, he's whooped people in his league that have tried to kill him. And when the chips are down he's learned to endure great damage to get a win. Supes has the edge in all physical stats including damage soak.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
And it's not like Supes doesn't fight ruthless opponents, he's whooped people in his league that have tried to kill him. And when the chips are down he's learned to endure great damage to get a win.

How'd he fare against Eclipso Captain Marvel?

That's the sort of thing we're talking about, except BA's a better brawler than Eclipso/Billy was.

Allankles

That's the sort of thing we're talking about, except BA's a better brawler than Eclipso/Billy was.

So BA is now a better brawler? I don't see anything to do indicate that one is a better brawler than the other. They both have speed with Supes having better evasion displays in CQC. If anything in his best displays Supes uses speed better than BA.

edit: Another thing to note is that Supes is generally more tactical too.

Enyalus
So BA is now a better brawler? I don't see anything to do indicate that one is a better brawler than the other.

BA isn't a better brawler than a mind-controlled CM? erm

Zack Fair
Superman.

BA didn't want a piece of Supes when the kryptonian was about to go all out. 131

Raoul
when was the eclipso controlled captain marvel fighting superman?

Eel O'Brien

When did he fight Eclipso Captain Marvel?

Enyalus
When did he fight Eclipso Captain Marvel?

Heh. It was Shazam, wasn't it? $#*@

Eel O'Brien
The way I see it, Black Adam's only real advantage would be the lightning. That will hurt Superman; but how many consecutive Shazam bolts has Superman taken with no lasting effect? 5-6?

Raoul
Heh. It was Shazam, wasn't it? $#*@

i remember an eclipso superman fighting captain marvel, and it was a nice fight. i don't remember it happening the other way...

Enyalus
i remember an eclipso superman fighting captain marvel, and it was a nice fight. i don't remember it happening the other way...

I remember that. And then I remember Eclipso possessing someone (EDIT: still inside Supes) and hitting Superman with several bolts of lightning, magical in nature. But now that I think about it, it wasn't CM.

Raoul
I remember that. And then I remember Eclipso possessing someone (EDIT: still inside Supes) and hitting Superman with several bolts of lightning, magical in nature. But now that I think about it, it wasn't CM.

i remember shazam (the wizard) smacking eclipso superman with magic lightning... not that, is it?

Enyalus
i remember shazam (the wizard) smacking eclipso superman with magic lightning... not that, is it?

Yeah...yeah.

That was it.

*hangs head*

I should download them, put them on a USB, so I can have them at work and remember things in the correct order now lol.

Mindset
Black Adam he doesn't care, ask Bran

Raoul
Yeah...yeah.

That was it.

*hangs head*

I should download them, put them on a USB, so I can have them at work and remember things in the correct order now lol.

badawe

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
Black Adam he doesn't care, ask Bran

He'd care about getting ko'd.

Mindset
He'd care about getting ko'd. He wouldn't need to, because it wont happen.

Allankles
He wouldn't need to, because it wont happen.

It hasn't happened but if it did, he'd care.

Mindset
It hasn't happened but if it did, he'd care. He wouldn't care that he supposed to be knocked out, that's why it never happens.

Allankles
He wouldn't care that he supposed to be knocked out, that's why it never happens.

Tell that to Desaad, he ko'd BA and he obviously cared.

Mindset
Tell that to Desaad, he ko'd BA and he obviously cared. Nope, he didn't.

Allankles
Nope, he didn't.

Yes he did. He KO'd him with an SUV.

Mindset
Yes he did. He KO'd him with an SUV. I'm sorry, BA didn't care.

Allankles
I'm sorry, BA didn't care.

He cared about getting clobbered in the head with a van sad and as a result got ko'd. If he didn't care he would have gotten ko'd, right? wink

Enyalus
He cared about getting clobbered in the head with a van and as a result got ko'd. If he didn't care he would have gotten ko'd, right? wink

That was Black Mary who did that, wasn't it? The same girl who Diana easily handled and Supergirl had on the ground? lol

Allankles
That was Black Mary who did that, wasn't it? The same girl who Diana easily handled and Supergirl had on the ground? lol

Desaad had possessed her, which is why BA was attacked and ko'd in the first place.

Mindset
Desaad had possessed her, which is why BA was attacked and ko'd in the first place. BA and CM were weakened.

And BA still didn't care.

Allankles
BA and CM were weakened.

I know, DS had overthrown their gods.

Allankles
And BA still didn't care.

You said the reason he doesn't get ko'd is because he doesn't care, but he got ko'd there, so he obviously cared. smile

Philosophía
Raoul is the only one saving this page. facepalm

Raoul

Allankles
yup... tis what i do.

topic, guys?

embarrasment I know I know, I get carried away.

Raoul
embarrasment I know I know, I get carried away.

by mindset... in to the sunset... right?

Allankles
by mindset... in to the sunset... right?

laughing out loud No. But he's a funny guy.

KuRuPT Thanosi
laughing out loud No. But he's a funny guy.

Looking?

Allankles
Looking?

Wha..? Never seen you try to be facetious.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wha..? Never seen you try to be facetious.

yes well Mindset is my idol of facetiousness

Eel O'Brien
So I wonder if Black Adam's overthrown gods will ever be addressed. Because wouln't he currently still be down on power?

The current JSA should still be pre-FC according to Didio...

Allankles
So I wonder if Black Adam's overthrown gods will ever be addressed. Because wouln't he currently still be down on power?

The current JSA should still be pre-FC according to Didio...

It would make for an interesting story, but I'm not sure how the Monitors and the miracle machine will affect things on that end. New Genesis are the only pantheon confirmed to be back.

jalek moye
how did black adam beat marvel, when they were equals when he was captain marvel

I'm Bran
Originally posted by jalek moye
how did black adam beat marvel, when they were equals when he was captain marvel Black Adam stopped caring.

Plus, he was doing it for the pink pocket. Extra motivation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.