Spider-man and The Jedi Order

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
In the Star Wars universe, the same mutant Peter Parker exists, except he isn't Spiderman.

One day a Jedi Knight sees his amazing abilities in action and is amazed since Peter is not force sensitive at all. He decides to train him in the ways of the Jedi. Even Yoda approves after sensing that Peter is of pure heart.

Peter is too old to be trained to use the force, however his spider-sense and speed makes up for it. He is trained for 10 years in fighting with the lightsabre by Mace Windu.

After his period of training:

- He is very skilled at using the lightsabre.

- Under the guidance of Yoda, has surprisingly developed some basic force abilities such as push and pull, although his level of force manipulation is very low, comparable to a padawan's ability.

- He cannot see things before they happen like most Jedi can, and must rely on his own physical speed, agility and spider-sense.

- Has had 10 years of experience fighting and completing missions alongside Mace Windu.

. . .

Scenarios

1. If you were a member of the Jedi council, which position would you recommend Peter be promoted to?

- Jedi Knight
- Jedi Master
- Jedi Council Member
- Jedi Grand Master

2. Who out of these Jedi/Sith, could he defeat in a fight?

- 20 Storm Troopers
- Qui Gon Jin
- Darth Maul
- Darth Tyrannus
- Jango Fett
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi Wan
- Palpatine
- Mace Windu
- Yoda

* Battle occurs in the Jedi Temple.

. . .

All Characters based on movie canon, EpI to III. Does not include any novels/books etc.

Darth Martin
1. Jedi Knight.......if that. Movie Spider-Man was meh.
2. 20 Storm Troopers(that's it).

Now if this was 616 Spider-Man........

Bardock42
no expression

That's a shitload of supposin.

But I think it is fair to say he could take the stormtroopers. I mean, Spider-Man could probably do it.

Robtard
WTF is up with people saying movie Spider-man was shit? Did you stupid bastards watch the 1st (& 2nd) film and actually pay attention?

His speed, agility, reflexes, reaction-time, durability and strength are FAR greater than any Jedi/Sith in the movies.

He could take out any Jedi or Sith, considering he is very far away from them and they couldn't force-hold him before he can rush in and tear their ****ing heads off. Given him a lightsabre and the skills to use it only make him that much more lethal.

Edit: Though I do wonder if a flying lightsabre travelling at very fast speeds (thrown by Spider-man) would delay the Jedi or Sith for enough time for Spider-man to close the gap and attack in a longer range fight.

Impediment
1. Parker is not a mutant.

2. What movie is this from?

3. What is the point of this thread?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Robtard
WTF is up with people saying movie Spider-man was shit? Did you stupid bastards watch the 1st (& 2nd) film and actually pay attention?

His speed, agility, reflexes, reaction-time, durability and strength are FAR greater than any Jedi/Sith in the movies.

He could take out any Jedi or Sith, considering he is very far away from them and they couldn't force-hold him before he can rush in and tear their ****ing heads off. Given him a lightsabre and the skills to use it only make him that much more lethal.

Edit: Though I do wonder if a flying lightsabre travelling at very fast speeds (thrown by Spider-man) would delay the Jedi or Sith for enough time for Spider-man to close the gap and attack in a longer range fight. He's not faster. See Qui Gon and Kenobi running from droidekas in TPM. He doesn't have better reflexes. Jedi/Sith deflect blaster bolts. That covers reaction time as well. However I will give you strength and durability. But he'd be carved by a lightsaber so mute point.

He'll never be as good as the top tier duelist no matter how hard he trains. People like Yoda, Mace, Tyranus, Sidious, Kenobi, and Anakin.

Rogue Jedi
Jedi Knight, 20 CLONE troopers.

Darth Exodus
He could beat Jango Fett. Pretty comfortably.

Boba Fett would curbstomp him though. He's the Batman of Star wars and thus a God.

jinXed by JaNx
Man, this scenario is just to hard. It makes my head hurt. sad

Placidity
Originally posted by Impediment

Yes he is. In Spider-man I, it clearly shows his DNA being modified in the scene where he passes out at home after being bitten.

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity
Yes he is. In Spider-man I, it clearly shows his DNA being modified in the scene where he passes out at home after being bitten.

No. A mutant, by Marvel Universe definition, is a person who is born with the altered DNA/X gene that causes mutation, thus, granting the individual powers/abilities.

Now, I know that this is not movie canon, technically, I think that we can all agree that Peter Parker is not, in fact, a mutant. Just because his DNA was re-written in a movie sequence does not make him so.

Bardock42
He is "mutated", he is not a "homo superior" (mutant) by Marvel standards, though.

2. What movie is this from?

3. What is the point of this thread?
I guess the point is to compare Spider Man's powers to that of Jedi, but I think it is silly to give him force abilities.

Impediment
If Placidity is trying to give Spider-Man abilities of The Force, then this thread is an infringement on the rules.

C'mon, guys, you know the rules: Movie canon only. Just what we see on screen.

Rogue Jedi
Dude usually sticks to the rules, and yeah, Spidey with the force = laughing out loud

GGS
He would die horribly after after 2. Qui-gon. cause he wouldn't know what hit him when he came up against sith force users.

Ventress, General Greivious are prime recent examples of no/inexperienced force users pwning mutliple experienced jedi knights, some even at once because the force at the time was weak and out of shape as there where no sith or real enemies at the time for the jedi knights as a whole to raise there game against.

The force at the time we're talking about Peter being trained i.e Mace and Yoda and the council was as effective as entering the mixed martial arts world championship as a yoga master lol.

Only once they got there asses months and years deep in the clone war did they start raising there game to acceptable levels again. Only the few natural uber talented within the jedi order with some previous battle experience scraped by just enough to survive during that war while most other jedi where dropping like flies because they couldn't cut the mustard and where sold a dud education. It took the clone war to occur for Anakin to even reach his potential because he was given a dud education in the force and he was the chosen one after all.

See Anakin pwning the whole jedi temple and Yoda getting Pwned by Palpatine in ROTS. Normal force users didn't have a chance against the dark side or merely people trained in dark side lightsaber skills like Grevious and Ventress. Spiderman for all his agility isn't going to survive against some of the force tricks or against lightsaber styles he's unfamiliar with especially as a non force user against a uncountered force style.

Obi-Wan beating Darth Maul is the only flaw in my logic, I mean the guy did get lucky and although i don't think i can use it but in the book said he felt he was falling to the dark side with anger the whole time during that fight so did have a tiny added bonus in that respect.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
He's not faster. See Qui Gon and Kenobi running from droidekas in TPM. He doesn't have better reflexes. Jedi/Sith deflect blaster bolts. That covers reaction time as well. However I will give you strength and durability. But he'd be carved by a lightsaber so mute point.

He'll never be as good as the top tier duelist no matter how hard he trains. People like Yoda, Mace, Tyranus, Sidious, Kenobi, and Anakin.

He does have far better reflexes, speed and agility, don't be a fool. Though he isn't faster in running away, you're right about that.

The proof is in the fight scene with Flash, he was aware enough where a flies wings went from 200 bps to less than 1. (one example)

A Jedi/Sith would never hit him with a sabre, their only chance is to lock him down with some Force ability and then go for the kill stroke.

Rogue Jedi
I am gonna disagree that a Jedi/Sith would never hit him with a saber.

Darth Martin
He does have far better reflexes, speed and agility, don't be a fool. Though he isn't faster in running away, you're right about that.

The proof is in the fight scene with Flash, he was aware enough where a flies wings went from 200 bps to less than 1. (one example)
Your comparing a fly to a blaster bolt?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I am gonna disagree that a Jedi/Sith would never hit him with a saber.
Jedi/Sith are fast in the movies, but they're not fast enough compared to how Spider-man's speed, agility, reaction-time and awareness are portrayed.

Robtard

No, I'm telling you that his abilities make the world around him slow down to the point where he can see a flies wings beat slower than 1 time per second, when they're actually going at 200+ bps, from his perspective.

That is far quicker than those laser bolts.

edit:
ceyUVcMcQP0
They'd never hit him with a sabre, they'd have to Force-shit something out before he tore their heads off.

Rogue Jedi
No, I'm telling you that his abilities make the world around him slow down to the point where he can see a flies wings beat slower than 1 time per second, when they're actually going at 200+ bps.

That is far quicker than those laser bolts. Well, my argument hinged on something from a SW novel, so bah.

BUT.....Jedi/Sith, especially the masters, are pretty darn fast. If the Goblin can hit spidey, surely they can.

Darth Martin
Which novel? Some are canon to the films.

Rogue Jedi
Which novel? Some are canon to the films. Shadows of the Empire.

Robtard
Well, my argument hinged on something from a SW novel, so bah.

BUT.....Jedi/Sith, especially the masters, are pretty darn fast. If the Goblin can hit spidey, surely they can.

Letme guess, that EU Luke moving so fast he blurred thing? Either way, this is a Movie Vs as you said/know.

I belive the Goblin is supposed to be on par with Spider-man in the films. They're fast, I remember the Yoda/Dooku fight scene, Yoda was very quick; he isn't quick enough for Spider-man though, just watch that Youtube clip I posted.

Rogue Jedi
Letme guess, that EU Luke moving so fast he blurred thing? Either way, this is a Movie Vs as you said/know.

I belive the Goblin is supposed to be on par with Spider-man in the films. They're fast, I remember the Yoda/Dooku fight scene, Yoda was very quick; he isn't quick enough for Spider-man though, just watch that Youtube clip I posted. Dude, I dismissed it, didnt I? Calm down.

And it was something else I was referring to.

Obi Wan versus Maul, Annie versus Obi Wan. They are so fast it's hard to follow.

Robtard
Dude, I dismissed it, didnt I? Calm down.

And it was something else I was referring to.

Obi Wan versus Maul, Annie versus Obi Wan. They are so fast it's hard to follow.

Oh, go **** yourself if you're going with that angle already, no ones excited.

Not fast enough compared to the Flash fight scene.

Rogue Jedi
Oh, go **** yourself if you're going with that angle already, no ones excited.

Not fast enough compared to the Flash fight scene. Coulda fooled me

Matter of opinion, dude.

Robtard
Coulda fooled me

Matter of opinion, dude.

Why do you turn into a total ass when a SW character can't win and you have no means to debate he/she would? This is just a Movie Vs fight, don't take it to heart.

No, we have both films to compare, so it isn't opinion based. If the Jedi/Sith were moving as fast or faster than Spider-man, they would have been nothing but a blur; they weren't though. In Spider-man, the camera was slowed down with the exception of Peter to illustrate his super-powered speed and reaction-time. That is the purpose of that secne I posted.

Sadako of Girth
Although I favour spidey still, the jedi did move at speeds approaching that fast in TPM though.
(Obi wan and Quigonn - Running away from the Droidekas)

Rogue Jedi
Why do you turn into a total ass when a SW character can't win and you have no means to debate he/she would? This is just a Movie Vs fight, don't take it to heart.

No, we have both films to compare, so it isn't opinion based. If the Jedi/Sith were moving as fast or faster than Spider-man, they would have been nothing but a blur; they weren't though. In Spider-man, the camera was slowed down with the exception of Peter to illustrate his super-powered speed and reaction-time. That is the purpose of that secne I posted. All I did was say that I was gonna say something, then retracted because it is from a novel.

And when the camera slows down, spidey slows down, yes? You would have done better to post a scene when he first starts fighting muggers.

ThunderGodEneru
He couldn't beat Qui-Gon unless Jinn dicks around and doesn't kill him right away.

Robtard
All I did was say that I was gonna say something, then retracted because it is from a novel.

And when the camera slows down, spidey slows down, yes? You would have done better to post a scene when he first starts fighting muggers.

And I responded: "Either way, this is a Movie Vs as you said/know." Agreeing with your logic.

Are you blind? He's moving his head and looking around while Flash's punch has slowed to a crawl. That and the fly's wings and the spit-ball should make it obvious.

Rogue Jedi
And I responded: "Either way, this is a Movie Vs as you said/know." Agreeing with your logic.

Are you blind? He's moving his head and looking around while Flash's punch has slowed to a crawl. That and the fly's wings and the spit-ball should make it obvious.

Pancakes

And does Flash move near as fast as a Jedi/Sith? Nope. Not even close.

Sadako of Girth
And the jedi speed thing seems to been some kinda special can't-be-done-all-the-time kinda ability or the Jedi'd be constant blurrs.

Spidey has his ability on tap.

Robtard

Their reaction time is faster than a normal human, yes, but they aren't shown doing so anywhere near Peter's level though.

Sadako of Girth
Pancakes

I'd dispute that.

Apart from that time they did the speed boost thing in TPM, they move at the same physical speed as us.

Look at Obiwan against Jango, for example.

Flashs nice straight fast jab and right hands would have done fine against Obiwan.

Hell, even Jango's big, swinging, telegraphed, see-it-coming-from-50-yrs-ago-haymakers landed against Obi Wan.

Where was his speedy ninja skill then...?

Rogue Jedi
Jedi only call upon the force when need be, man. Moot point anyay, because all a Jedi/Sith would have to do is force hold him while they chop away.

Robtard
Jedi only call upon the force when need be, man. Moot point anyay, because all a Jedi/Sith would have to do is force hold him while they chop away.

Which I agreed to, considering the fight didn't start out face-to-face or relatively close, otherwise they'd be dead before they could Force attack.

Edit: He has some serious levels of strength, can a Force hold be countered with brute force?

Sadako of Girth
How much more need was there than when he was getting his ass handed to him by Jango Fett...?

Rogue Jedi
Which I agreed to, considering the fight didn't start out face-to-face or relatively close, otherwise they'd be dead before they could Force attack.

Edit: He has some serious levels of strength, can a Force hold be countered with brute force? Mhm...Hell, even if the Jedi/Sith had no saber, Parker is toast.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
How much more need was there than when he was getting his ass handed to him by Jango Fett...?

My Spider-sense is telling me a Spider-man Vs Jango thread wil pop-up.

ThunderGodEneru
How much more need was there than when he was getting his ass handed to him by Jango Fett...? Logically, no normal human should ever be able to compete with a Jedi. Ever. It is stupidity on Lucas' part that he did.

As far as the Force hold thing, I cannot recall an instance of brute force breaking it, though it would be logical. But can he do so quickly before Qui-Gon, a Master, can close in and kill him with his lightsaber?

Rogue Jedi

Edit: He has some serious levels of strength, can a Force hold be countered with brute force? I am SO not gonna touch that one. IMO no, but PLEASE leave this alone.

Robtard
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Logically, no normal human should ever be able to compete with a Jedi. Ever. It is stupidity on Lucas' part that he did.

As far as the Force hold thing, I cannot recall an instance of brute force breaking it, though it would be logical. But can he do so quickly before Qui-Gon, a Master, can close in and kill him with his lightsaber?

Or slow moving Droids for that matter. If the Jedi had the speed and reaction-time of Spider-man as seen is the movies, one or two of them could have destroyed every droid in the gladiator scene in AOTC.

I doubt he could, I was just curious about the Force is all.

Sadako of Girth
My Spider-sense is telling me a Spider-man Vs Jango thread wil pop-up.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=502207

stick out tongue

ThunderGodEneru
Or slow moving Droids for that matter. If the Jedi had the speed and reaction-time of Spider-man as seen is the movies, one or two of them could have destroyed every droid in the gladiator scene in AOTC.

I doubt he could, I was just curious about the Force is all. Not so sure, droids attack en masse, with lasers shooting from many directions, especially in the collosseum in AotC.

But yeah, small groups of droids are fodder to even Padawans, as seen in TPM. Only Droidekas can even kinda/sorta challenge Jedi, cause of t3h shields.

Sadako of Girth
Droids are definitely no fair comparison to Spiderman.

They are predictable too and not capable of spontaneous thought /improvisation.

Id say Spidey'd be able to do a fair bit of Droid fist raping himself.

Placidity
No. A mutant, by Marvel Universe definition, is a person who is born with the altered DNA/X gene that causes mutation, thus, granting the individual powers/abilities.

Now, I know that this is not movie canon, technically, I think that we can all agree that Peter Parker is not, in fact, a mutant. Just because his DNA was re-written in a movie sequence does not make him so.

Well if you know about his comic background and also about the X-men Universe, then no you wouldn't consider him a mutant. But based on just the film, anyone with no previously said knowledge would consider him a mutant. Also, based on science, he is a mutant...

If Placidity is trying to give Spider-Man abilities of The Force, then this thread is an infringement on the rules.

C'mon, guys, you know the rules: Movie canon only. Just what we see on screen.

I only gave him basic force (i.e push and pull) powers on the level comparable to a padawan's.

Against the opponents I've listed, these force powers pose no offensive capabilities at all. The reason I did give him some powers is to give him a way of overcoming force choke. Otherwise, there would be no fight... force choke and then he can't do anything.

Rogue Jedi
Thats why Spidey would get pwned by a Jedi.

Sadako of Girth
But doesnt he have web push pull (or at least pull)...?

Might even things up a tad.

Placidity
But doesnt he have web push pull (or at least pull)...?

Might even things up a tad.

True... I didn't think of that.

Rogue Jedi
Lightsaber cuts through webbing yes

Placidity
Lightsaber cuts through webbing yes

So what? Its sticky, which means it sticks onto you even if you cut it in half or whatever.

Sadako of Girth
Hows it gonna stick to light...?

Placidity
Hows it gonna stick to light...?

What? I'm saying if a Jedi/Sith gets webbed up, he/she is not going to get out of it simply because a lightsabre can cut through webbing.

Whether or not they can deflect/cut the webbing before it hits them is another point that I wasn't even talking about. What the f**k?

Rogue Jedi
Dude of COURSE they will see the webbing coming FAR before it reaches them. PRECOG.

Placidity
Dude of COURSE they will see the webbing coming FAR before it reaches them. PRECOG.

Thats not the point I was talking about.

I was replying to your statement that the lightsabre is the simple solution even if they did get webbed up.

Sadako of Girth
What? I'm saying if a Jedi/Sith gets webbed up, he/she is not going to get out of it simply because a lightsabre can cut through webbing.

Whether or not they can deflect/cut the webbing before it hits them is another point that I wasn't even talking about. What the f**k?

Depends if their lightsabre is in their hand at the time of webbing or not.. If not, they are screwed.

Rogue Jedi
Thats not the point I was talking about.

I was replying to your statement that the lightsabre is the simple solution even if they did get webbed up. Moot point, they wouldnt get webbed up.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Logically, no normal human should ever be able to compete with a Jedi. Ever. It is stupidity on Lucas' part that he did.

Logically by movie standards? No, not really.

Placidity
Moot point, they wouldnt get webbed up.

Well actually its in response to your statement wink

Its also not impossible for them to get webbed up.

Rogue Jedi
Well actually its in response to your statement wink

Its also not impossible for them to get webbed up. OK, nor is it impossible for them to force push the webbing BACK at Spidey and use it on him.

Bardock42
OK, nor is it impossible for them to force push the webbing BACK at Spidey and use it on him. We haven't seen any portrayal of such skill, I believe. We do have seen a (powerful) Jedi being caught by a rope from a nonforce user though.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
We haven't seen any portrayal of such skill, I believe. We do have seen a (powerful) Jedi being caught by a rope from a nonforce user though.

I dont see it as a great feat. Jedi have precog, they will realize Spidey's intent, realize when the webbing is coming at them, and with a simple force push, turn it back on Spidey.

And Obi Wan was being double teamed by Jango and Boba.

Bardock42
You overestimate Jedi abilities generally, due to their extreme portrayal in EU stories, I believe.

Rogue Jedi
No, Episode 2, Obi Wan versus Zam Wessell.

Bardock42
No, Episode 2, Obi Wan versus Zam Wessell.

What the f**k?

That proves nothing. She slowly got to him and he cut her arm off. Totally different scenario.

Rogue Jedi
What the f**k?

That proves nothing. She slowly got to him and he cut her arm off. Totally different scenario. Dude, he sensed the atttack, where it was coming from, and what it was. How fast she came at him is irrelevant.

You wanna talk speed? How about blocking blaster bolts from droidekas, blaster bolts that travel far faster than webbing.

No, sensing a web attack and blocking it/force pushing it back at spidey will be childs play for a Jedi/Sith.

Bardock42
Dude, he sensed the atttack, where it was coming from, and what it was. How fast she came at him is irrelevant.

How is that irrelevant.

You wanna talk speed? How about blocking blaster bolts from droidekas, blaster bolts that travel far faster than webbing.

How do you know the web is traveling slower.

No, sensing a web attack and blocking it/force pushing it back at spidey will be childs play for a Jedi/Sith.

No proof. None whatsoever.

Blocking maybe, force pushin it back, no, absolutely no indication of that at all.

Rogue Jedi
How is that irrelevant.Because Jedi and Sith are seen left and right sensing attacks of all speeds from all angles.

Watch the movies, it's painfully obvious.

So a Jedi can lift a starship, but cannot block a simple web attack? Thats like saying a power lifter can bench 500 pounds, but cannot lift a carton of milk.

Bardock42
Oh nevermind.

Robtard
You overestimate Jedi abilities generally

Indeed.

Robtard

His spider-sense is essentially like the force-precog, so that's a wash, they both sense shit before it happens. So it comes down to reaction-time, which Spider-man has spades over a Jedi or Sith.

Rogue Jedi
His spider-sense is essentially like the force-precog, so that's a wash, they both sense shit before it happens. So it comes down to reaction-time, which Spider-man has spades over a Jedi or Sith. I knew this was coming.

Spider man has spider sense, yes, but a a Jedi's ability far exceeds spider sense. Hell, Vader was able to sense Obi Wan on the Death Star, Luke was able to sense Vader on the descent to Endor.

Spades? OK, te word "deluded" comes to mind.

Sadako of Girth
The Robtard unit is correct.

Theres no way that the average Jedi moves like Spidey in the flash fight. The reflexes on display are constant. Where as the amount of dead Jedi that there have been in the annals of history from combat would suggest that they cannot keep it up long enough to be avoiding getting killed..

Rogue Jedi
I aint talking h2h combat, I am talking about sensing an attack and countering it. Yoda sensed the attack on him and pwned. And please dont mention Obi Wan not sensing Cody's attack, Cody was his friend, and Obi Wan was focusing his attention elsewhere. If Obi Wan had been opening his locker in high school and Cody tried that shit, Cody would have been dead meat.

And bear in mind that the Jedi killed in the purge were overwhelmed by numerous clone troopers. The ones who didn't sense the attack were engaged in battle, like Plo Koon and Ki Adi Mundi. If spider man is facing say, the Goblin, and some guy is taking aim on him with a machine gun, odds are spidey will be swiss cheese.

Remember that little Padawan who wrecked shop on the clone troopers before being killed? He was a KID, man, and he was blocking AND dodging blaster bolts before the sheer number of troopers got him.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. Like you say... Because they overwhelmed him.

Yoda sensed and pwned, but the others (having differing abilities) got blaster bolt implants in their arse holes.

Dr Will Hatch
You overestimate Jedi abilities generally, due to their extreme portrayal in EU stories, I believe. EU is canon, and Peter would probably only take down the lower level Sith Lords like Darth Maul before being defeated. Jedi and Sith are very underestimed around here.

ThunderGodEneru
Darth Maul is a low level Sith Lord?

When the hell did this happen?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
EU is canon, and Peter would probably only take down the lower level Sith Lords like Darth Maul before being defeated. Jedi and Sith are very underestimed around here.

EU is not canon. And Darth Maul is not a lower level Sith Lord (if you do accept EU). And they aren't underestimated, they are correctly valued for the fact that this is a Movie Forum and only the movie performances count..

Dr Will Hatch
Yeah, but a lot of things have to be inferred when watching Star Wars. Palpatines Sith Lightning is mega powerful, but he was torturing Luke to death instead of merely trying to kill him, not to mention that Luke is the greatest Jedi ever and could take even the worst of his brunt. Similarly, we don't know in ROTS why Jedi are so weak and useless. The novelization explains that Palps overwhelmed all of them with his influence since he practically Satan incarnate, not that the Jedi suck. Also, the lightsaber duels are supposed to be so fast that they defy explanation, but the movies can't explain this visually so it looks kind of lame. And Darth Maul is a pawn, he had no ambition to kill his master. Thus he isn't even a real Sith.

ThunderGodEneru
Doesn't matter.

In the EU, which you are flaunting, he is called one of the greatest martial combatants in Sith History, and I think he even defeated Palpatine once.

Dr Will Hatch
Maul never really did anything except fight. He never really demonstrated really good Force capibility besides jumping really high and acrobatics.

Palpatine probably let him win.

ThunderGodEneru
Nope.

Maul was besting Qui-Gon Jinn and his Padawan who was pretty much a Jedi Knight, Qui-Gon was a match for Mace Windu.

He is not as adept with the Force, but his saber skills and physical conditioning are undeniable.

Dr Will Hatch
I'm not saying he's not powerful. He'd kick my ass, lol. When, however, you have other Sith Lords who consume planets Galactus style, trigger supernovas with just a thought and enslave the whole galaxy, Maul just doesn't hold up.

dadudemon
No, I'm telling you that his abilities make the world around him slow down to the point where he can see a flies wings beat slower than 1 time per second, when they're actually going at 200+ bps, from his perspective.

That is far quicker than those laser bolts.

edit:
ceyUVcMcQP0
They'd never hit him with a sabre, they'd have to Force-shit something out before he tore their heads off.

This is the biggest piece of shit argument ever made in the movies vs. forum. You have the nerve to rage on RJ's arguments when you pull shit like this out of your ass.

Seriously.

I mean, come on. You're far too smart to make such a dumbassed argument like this. That fly's wings beating argument is weak as hell. Unless Parker's movements are seen on camera at the same time the fly's wings are flapping, your argument is complete bullshit. All it is is just a slow down of time to bring into perspective all the little things happening around him to show that the spidey sense picked up the danger that was coming for him...and you missed that.

Besides, Flash's chest would have been destroyed to bits from Parker's punch if it were even halfway realistic.

This scene is so full of PIS. How can you not see that? Or, is all three of the remainder of the films PIS and this is the only real showing?

Get real.

Just the same as we can throw out 60 Mph blaster bolts in a trash compactor, we can also throw out the "OMG! That's so cool He is fighting for the first time" scene.

Spidey sense<<jedi precog. Spidey sense only senses danger and it is much too vague. This is widely known/established, even in the comics. Jedi precog is specific to not just specific threats to their person, but the whole world around them: that is seen in the movies as well.

You have one scene from the first film that was entirely PIS just for the sake of an awesome moment by the director and you go ass-wild on an argument. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you want to include this in your debate, then we can say blaster bolts travel at kilometers a second as seen in the epic battle in AoTC and we can give Jedi's reflexes that make Parker have the reflexes of Napoleon Dynamite. Observe:

wwcdfEJ6Nxg

Robtard, I never want to see you use that scene as evidence for Parker, ever again. For shame, young man. For shame.

And, NO, Jedi fanboys, you can't include the super fast movement speed that the Jedi RARELY do in the films. That's even rare in the EU! Don't be foolish.

Also, some Jedi Knights are strong enough to kill Spiderman. Anyone above them would rape the shit out of Spiderman. The difference between master and knight is big as seen clearly with the fight with Dooku.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. Like you say... Because they overwhelmed him.

Yoda sensed and pwned, but the others (having differing abilities) got blaster bolt implants in their arse holes. And put Spidey in the same situation, he will get blaster bolts in his ass too. Some were focused on combat, that was the main thing, but yes, some were stronger than the others. If Ki Adi Mundi hadnt been charging and fighting droids, he would have sensed the troopers attack and owned their ass.

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is the biggest piece of shit argument ever made in the movies vs. forum. You have the nerve to rage on RJ's arguments when you pull shit like this out of your ass.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, *stamps little feet*

You lack the ability to understand what was being shown to you in the film, the spit-ball, the fly's wings and the "hey, look around" scene was strickly for the purpose to show the audience what Peter's perspective is because of his enhanced abilities when he's in a fight, ie the adrenaline rush people get when in danger, most likely.

In the second it took Flash to throw a straight punch and withdraw it back, Peter had the time to look around for several seconds, ie his reaction-time is extremely heightened. The director was basically following what he's like in the comics. /end fact

Edit: watch it a few more times, it's showing what his perspective is like, maybe it will sink into that thick cranium this time, I do doubt it though.
ceyUVcMcQP0

Rogue Jedi
You lack the ability to understand what was being shown to you in the film, the spit-ball, the fly's wings and the "hey, look around" scene was strickly for the purpose to show the audience what Peter's perspective is because of his enhanced abilities when he's in a fight, ie the adrenaline rush people get when in danger, most likely.

In the second it took Flash to throw a straight punch and withdraw it back, Peter had the time to look around for several seconds, ie his reaction-time is extremely heightened. The director was basically following what he's like in the comics. /end fact

Edit: watch it a few more times, it's showing what his perspective is like, maybe it will sink into that thick cranium this time, I do doubt it though.
ceyUVcMcQP0 And in that same sequence, when Flash misses with a right, when Peter looks up and down flash's arm and is like WHOA, Peter isn't moving full speed either.

Has it been pointed out that Spidey has never displayed the speed Qui Gon and Obi Wan displayed in Episode 1 when escaping the trade federation ship?

Robtard
And in that same sequence, when Flash misses with a right, when Peter looks up and down flash's arm and is like WHOA, Peter isn't moving full speed either.

Has it been pointed out that Spidey has never displayed the speed Qui Gon and Obi Wan displayed in Episode 1 when escaping the trade federation ship?

He's moving slighty (and I stress slightly) slower than normal.

Yeah, they were able to run away very fast. It has never been shown for them to fight in anywhere near that speed.

Rogue Jedi
He's moving slighty (and I stress slightly) slower than normal.

Yeah, they were able to run away very fast. It has never been shown for them to fight in anywhere near that speed. Well that's my point, it's not like Flash was moving as if he were in a jar of molasses and Peter was full speed. I'd say Peter was about 75% full speed, maybe 80-85.

Obi Wan versus Darth Maul. Watch it again. they are fighting at speeds that far exceed any speed we are shown Spidey fighting at. Same with Annie and Obi Wan.

Sadako of Girth
Exactly.
And if Spiderman can actually catch up with speeding cars, (rather than just running after it whist it moves slow and then cutting em off at the pass like other action scenes we could mention...)
with usage of webslinging, unless the Jedi could top that -and that speed over short distances, with breaks of running at normal speed isnt gonna do it - then its 'awkwardly having to explain in the morning, the spider crust round their bottoms' time.

And yeah he moves that fast when catapulting himself.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm.....Which is a more formidable weapon? Force powers or web slinging?

Sadako of Girth
Depends if we are talking Sith or Jedi constricted by the moral code.
(Not being able to do Force lightning, force chokes etc)

Since we are talking Jedi here, Spidey wins I reckon, depending on of course the individual powers of the Jedi in question.
He might have his hands full with Yoda, but I reckon hed be alright against a lot of the lower level Jedi.

Robtard
Well that's my point, it's not like Flash was moving as if he were in a jar of molasses and Peter was full speed. I'd say Peter was about 75% full speed, maybe 80-85.

Obi Wan versus Darth Maul. Watch it again. they are fighting at speeds that far exceed any speed we are shown Spidey fighting at. Same with Annie and Obi Wan.

Before the camera slows down, Flash is throwing and withdrawing his punches in second, when it slows down a 0:46, it takes flash 5-6 seconds to punch and bring it back.

Peter was barely slowed down, if were making it numbers, he was moving at 90-95%, easily.

They're moving very fast but not at 5+ times normal human speeds, if they were, the sabre light trails would have been one long continuous blur.

Sadako of Girth
Humans performed that lightsabre duel with no speed ups.

Ergo, like you say, definitely not 5x human speed.

Therefore not 4x
3x

or 2x human speed either.

Robtard
Humans performed that lightsabre duel with no speed ups.

Ergo, not 5x human speed.

That was the point of that scene with Flash, the camera was slowed down in regards to Flash, but not so much in regards to Peter to illustrate his "amazing" abilities.

Sam Raimi was following the comic books in that scene.

Sadako of Girth
And put Spidey in the same situation, he will get blaster bolts in his ass too.

His spider sense'd let him know.

C'mon.

Its Spiderman.

Not SpiderHelenKeller.

Robtard
I'd have to watch Spider-man 1 again, but iirc, he dodges a bullet fired at point blank range, this is when he chases the thief/murderer to the warehouse, right before the guys falls out of the window and dies.

If so and I'm fairly certain it is, it further supports his amazing reflexes and reaction-time as seen in the Flash fight scene.

Sadako of Girth

Besides, Flash's chest would have been destroyed to bits from Parker's punch if it were even halfway realistic.

Just the same as we can throw out 60 Mph blaster bolts in a trash compactor, we can also throw out the "OMG! That's so cool He is fighting for the first time" scene.

Spidey sense<<jedi precog. Spidey sense only senses danger and it is much too vague. This is widely known/established, even in the comics. Jedi precog is specific to not just specific threats to their person, but the whole world around them: that is seen in the movies as well.

The blaster bolt issue is revelant and cannot be discounted.
People are ducking them after seeing them coming and shit.
Even deflecting the bolt like it was a ball off of a bat.
If we were seeing real lasers in use, they be presumably invisible, silent, and existing continuously and simutaneously between emitter and target. As the laser would move at the speed of light.

If it was like a tracer, it'd move also at the speed of light and again wed still see the continuous beam but in red or whatever tracer colour is yours.

Blasters seem to be way slower than bullets and are defintely not.

OT Turbolasers and the bigger hardware'd be neccesary to achieve power, by light speed is light speed and they cant move that fast either.

But the PT Clone Troopers' AT AT's and dropships seem to have more realistically portrayed laser weapons.

Very true what you say about the compared ESPerceptions, but only so far.

Because the Jedi's ability to sense stuff gets clouded by the Darkside or is subject to the will of the force's flow. (Yoda commenting about diminished abilty to use the force ect)

And enough died in the Clone Wars and the purge to evidence that force intuition not as reliable of handy as Spidey's.

Spidey lived through his movies.

Oh and if Peter had punched him properly instead of that basic crap Karate punch, then the organs you speak of would have been all over the lockers.

If Peter hit Flash with some of those decent "plenty of bodyweight moving into 'em" hooks and uppercuts he hit Goblin with, it'd be time to call the coroner and time him to bring the spatula and mop.

dadudemon
*insert a post about not paying attention to anything posted*

You didn't pay attention to anything I posted.

The entire scene is PIS. no expression

If you want to include it, we can. Then we'll say Blaster bolts travel in the range of Ks. Then Peter looks slow. The end. no expression

Sadako of Girth
But that hand held blasters are slow compared to laser weapons and even lead bullets: Fact.

Assessing Peter's speed relative to both Flash and the crowd in film watching the fight, and the fly and the spit, and then how that relates to "real audience speed"..
More subjective and more room for debate.

What does Raimi say on all this jazz, anyway... Anyone got a commentary handy....?

dadudemon
But that hand held blasters are slow compared to laser weapons and even lead bullets: Fact.

I'm referring to blaster bolts, only. Some bolts are slow...some bolts are fast. if we take the low end ones, the 60Mph one in the trash compactor, they are slow. If we take the high end one, instantaneous when the panel was shot out, then they are speed of light. Since most fall into the 200-500Mph range, we'll go with that. However, if Robtard wants to include that "awareness" scene, then we will include blaster bolts that traveled between 1-4 kilometers a second. Then that makes Peter look slow relative to the Jedi.

Do you see how that works?

In other words, PIS be damned and work with stupidity that it comparable.

Assessing Peter's speed relative to both Flash and the crowd in film watching the fight, and the fly and the spit, and then how that relates to "real audience speed"..
More subjective and more room for debate.

I agree. However, Peter does not show that type of "awareness" throughout the rest of the film or the other two movies in the way Robtard wants. That was my point. The director made a plot hole.

What does Raimi say on all this jazz, anyway... Anyone got a commentary handy....?

That would be nice. Seriously. But, it still does not detract form it being a movie PIS moment. There are plenty of those throughout all the films.

Rogue Jedi
Before the camera slows down, Flash is throwing and withdrawing his punches in second, when it slows down a 0:46, it takes flash 5-6 seconds to punch and bring it back.

Peter was barely slowed down, if were making it numbers, he was moving at 90-95%, easily.

They're moving very fast but not at 5+ times normal human speeds, if they were, the sabre light trails would have been one long continuous blur.

Matter of opinion.

Do yourself a favor, watch the SW fights again, and watch spidey fight again, and be objective.

Robtard
You didn't pay attention to anything I posted.

The entire scene is PIS. no expression

If you want to include it, we can. Then we'll say Blaster bolts travel in the range of Ks. Then Peter looks slow. The end. no expression

No, it actually isn't, he's that fast (or faster) in the comic books, so why would it be a stretch for Raimi to make movie Spider-man like comic Spider-man?

He also dodged a bullet at point blank range (as in the comics) when he chases that thief/murderer into the warehouse.

Robtard
Matter of opinion.

Do yourself a favor, watch the SW fights again, and watch spidey fight again, and be objective.

It isn't an opinion, as we can clearly see what is shown to us. The camera slowing down in regards to Flash while Peter was still moving at basically normal speed was Raimi's way of explaining his powers to us; he stayed true to the comics in this regard.

I recall that scene, they were moving fast; not as fast as Peter is protrayed with the slow-camera trick though. Peter would be moving/reacting at roughly 5x the speed of a fast punch. Since Toby can't move this fast in real life, hence the camera trick.

Rogue Jedi
It isn't an opinion, as we can clearly see what is shown to us. The camera slowing down in regards to Flash while Peter was still moving at basically normal speed was Raimi's way of explaining his powers to us; he stayed true to the comics in this regard.

I recall that scene, they were moving fast; not as fast as Peter is protrayed with the slow-camera trick though. Peter would be moving/reacting at roughly 5x the speed of a fast punch. Fast enough to avoid any and all saber attacks?

Robtard
Fast enough to avoid any and all saber attacks?

If ithe Jedi/Sith isn't using any force push, hold etc attacks, I think he's shown enough speed, agility and reaction-time in the films to be able to avoid/dodge (or parry if he has a sabre) them long enough to land a killing or crippling punch or kick.

Rogue Jedi
If ithe Jedi/Sith isn't using any force push, hold etc attacks, I think he's shown enough speed, agility and reaction-time in the films to be able to avoid/dodge (or parry if he has a sabre) them long enough to land a killing or crippling punch or kick.

So all this talk about reaction time is a moot point, Jedi/Sith would pwn spidey cuz they have the force and he does not.

Spidey as a Jedi=FAIL.

Placidity
No one is even debating my topic are they lol.

Rogue Jedi
In a roundabout fashion.

Bardock42
However, if Robtard wants to include that "awareness" scene, then we will include blaster bolts that traveled between 1-4 kilometers a second. Then that makes Peter look slow relative to the Jedi.

Actually, since Jedi are only able to reflect them because they feel beforehand where they will be shot, it doesn't make Jedi faster really. The point is they are there before the blaster is shot. If they weren't they'd have a problem either way.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, since Jedi are only able to reflect them because they feel beforehand where they will be shot, it doesn't make Jedi faster really. The point is they are there before the blaster is shot. If they weren't they'd have a problem either way. And they also will feel where and when Spidey will attack.

Bardock42
And they also will feel where and when Spidey will attack. Yeah, maybe, but Jedi still die at times, they are not perfect.

dadudemon
Actually, since Jedi are only able to reflect them because they feel beforehand where they will be shot, it doesn't make Jedi faster really.

Moving faster? You are correct. Their reaction time being uber fast? Yes, that's what I was referring to.

I wasn't saying that they were moving uber fast, I was pointing out that their reaction to those things makes Peter's reactions look slow. In fact, I berrated the others for trying to use that "fast movement" as an arguing point.

The point is they are there before the blaster is shot. If they weren't they'd have a problem either way.

I'm not sure what you mean here unless you saying the same as above. The Jedi reaction time is much faster than Parker's. My actual point was PIS from both movies making it stupid.

Robtard
So all this talk about reaction time is a moot point, Jedi/Sith would pwn spidey cuz they have the force and he does not.

Spidey as a Jedi=FAIL.

Depends, in a short distance fight where Spider-man's faster reation-time and reflexes would allow him to (close) attack before they were able to 'Force' something, they'd be killed.

With some distance, they most likely could hold him down before he moved in and tore someone's head off.

Edit: I looked online for Jedi powers in regards to physical enhancements etc; couldn't really find anything concrete, maybe you can?

In regards to Spider-man, it says his enhanced speed, reflexes etc allow him to be able to dodge a bullet fired at point blank range. www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man's_powers_and_equipment

Like I said above, (iirc) this was also shown in the first movie when the thief/murderer went to shoot him after Peter chased him into the warehouse and then he paused for a moment when he realized it was the same guy who killed Uncle Ben and he could have stopped it.

Rogue Jedi
Online sources mean shit. What is seen in the movies is what matters.

An dude, It takes like a millisecond for a Jedi to execute a force attack.

dadudemon

If Spiderman saw Anakin flex his force like he did when he stood up with the suite on, Spiderman would flip his lid and say, "His power level is OVER NINE THOOOOOOOOUUSSSSSSSAAAAND!"

He would beg to be slaughtered at a medium pace.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, and then he would crap his spider underoos and curl into a fetal ball.

Robtard

Fair enough, in Spider-man's case though, seems they tried to portray him like the comic book, as he's a comic-book character. The super reflexes, dodging of bullets etc was shown in the films.

Not in the movies, Obi, Anakin/Vader, Maul etc all usually have to physically motion in some manner to execute a Force move and it definitely isn't near-instantaneous.

Edit: Has there ever been any on-screen Force attack that happened in "millisecond"? Or are you just over-artributing to the Jedi powers again?

Robtard
If Spiderman saw Anakin flex his force like he did when he stood up with the suite on, Spiderman would flip his lid and say, "His power level is OVER NINE THOOOOOOOOUUSSSSSSSAAAAND!"

He would beg to be slaughtered at a medium pace.

Na, Peter is exceptionally smart, as (especially) seen in Spider-man 2. The seconds it took Vader to do his yell and shake the ground, he could easily move in and punch Vader through the skull, strike when opportunity allows.

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough, in Spider-man's case though, seems they tried to portray him like the comic book, as he's a comic-book character. The super reflexes, dodging of bullets etc was shown in the films.

Not in the movies, Obi, Anakin/Vader, Maul etc all usually have to physically motion in some manner to execute a Force move and it definitely isn't near-instantaneous.

Your argument is like "Yeah, Mike Tyson would kick Johnny Depp's ass, but Johnny Depp is better looking."

What difference does all this make? It's not important who is faster, bottom line is that a Jedi/Sith is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for Spidey too handle, whether it be h2h or saber battle. They have too many powers, their precog is on an entirely different level, man.

If Spidey dodges a saber attack or two, all a Jedi/Sith would have to do is reach out with their mind and pwn his ass, The battle wouldnt last 15 seconds.

Robtard
Your argument is like "Yeah, Mike Tyson would kick Johnny Depp's ass, but Johnny Depp is better looking."

What difference does all this make? It's not important who is faster, bottom line is that a Jedi/Sith is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much for Spidey too handle, whether it be h2h or saber battle. They have too many powers, their precog is on an entirely different level, man.

If Spidey dodges a saber attack or two, all a Jedi/Sith would have to do is reach out with their mind and pwn his ass, The battle wouldnt last 15 seconds.

I specifically used examples from the movies (not shit pulled out of my ass like people do in regards to anything SW) to state my case of how Spider-man could win against a Jedi or Sith.

How is speed in a fight "not important" now, because you say so? He's faster and reacts faster by what is seen in the films, so considering they both could kill one another with the first hit, Spider-man could/would win if the fight started in close quarters.

Your argument consist of "Jedi are just better, so they win no matter what."

Dr Will Hatch
^They are better. They move so fast that film can't accuratly replicate it.

Robtard
^They are better. They move so fast that film can't accuratly replicate it.

That's a BS arguemnt. Through the magic of film-making, it can easily be portrayed, as it was in Spider-man 1.

Rogue Jedi
I specifically used examples from the movies (not shit pulled out of my ass like people do in regards to anything SW) to state my case of how Spider-man could win against a Jedi or Sith.

How is speed in a fight "not important" now, because you say so? He's faster and reacts faster by what is seen in the films, so considering they both could kill one another with the first hit, Spider-man could/would win if the fight started in close quarters.

Your argument consist of "Jedi are just better, so they win no matter what."

The Jedi/Sith win for obvious reasons, because they have powers Spidey can only dream of. It's like me fighting Voldemort in a magic duel.

Close quarters, long distance, Spidey is toast. A Jedi/Sith can engage in a saber battle AND use the force at the same time, Vader displays this in ESB.

The mere FACT that a Jedi's precog is far more advanced than Spidey's, AND they can wield the force.....Do the math, man.

Dr Will Hatch
You can blame Lucas for that because he doesn't ever try to explain what is going on, and the "bullet time" or whatever it is called trick they use to show Petes reaction time just wouldn't fit in Star Wars. They are trying to tell a multi layered story, not fill up time explaining powers. Those Jedi that Palps punked out and made to look like fools were actually mastert swordsman, but Sidious was just that much better. He would tag Spiderman with no problem.

Robtard
The Jedi/Sith win for obvious reasons, because they have powers Spidey can only dream of. It's like me fighting Voldemort in a magic duel.

Close quarters, long distance, Spidey is toast. A Jedi/Sith can engage in a saber battle AND use the force at the same time, Vader displays this in ESB.

The mere FACT that a Jedi's precog is far more advanced than Spidey's, AND they can wield the force.....Do the math, man.

Did Vader do so in this in the "millisecond" you claim Jedi/Sith can do, in the film? Name the scene, please.

Precog doesn't mean much if the attack is still faster than you react to, it would just mean that they'd be aware of an attack they couldn't counter in time. Which is the case many a time, as Jedi get shot, Jango was able to shoot one (a high ranking one I believe) to death at close range.

Robtard
You can blame Lucas for that because he doesn't ever try to explain what is going on, and the "bullet time" or whatever it is called trick they use to show Petes reaction time just wouldn't fit in Star Wars. They are trying to tell a multi layered story, not fill up time explaining powers. Those Jedi that Palps punked out and made to look like fools were actually mastert swordsman, but Sidious was just that much better. He would tag Spiderman with no problem.

So like other SW fans in here, you're adding more than what is shown in the films. Okay, but it doesn't count as a valid debate point.

Sadako of Girth

The Jedi reaction time is much faster than Parker's. My actual point was PIS from both movies making it stupid.

Heres the problem:
The Jedi dont experience slow-time.

They see the future before it happens.

As explained to Shmi by Qui-Gonn in TPM.

Spiderman's method is different to theirs.
His genuinely is really quick reflexes while they rely on precognition.
And if they aint too in tune with things they get whacked, like in Order 66.

Dr Will Hatch
So like other SW fans in here, you're adding more than what is shown in the films. Okay, but it doesn't count as a valid debate point. 1.Spidy was tagged several times by the Goblin.
2.Jedis are faster then the GG, from canon.
3.Jedis can tag Spiderman.

complexbrother

The Jedi can be killed with a blaster bolt remember Order 66 ?

http://simonz.co.hu/wallp/ep3/1024/order66.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Did Vader do so in this in the "millisecond" you claim Jedi/Sith can do, in the film? Name the scene, please.

Precog doesn't mean much if the attack is still faster than you react to, it would just mean that they'd be aware of an attack they couldn't counter in time.

Obi Wan/Qui Gon versus Maul. Maul is fighting, retreating, extends his hand and a piece of debris flies off the ground and smashes into a door control, opening the door, remember? This took like less than half a second. He extends his hand and instantly it flies off the ground and strikes the door control.

Right here, at :52 into the vid.

LAEwXWZvON0

Precog doesn't mean much if the attack is still faster than you react to, it would just mean that they'd be aware of an attack they couldn't counter in time.

Obi Wan/Qui Gon versus Maul. Maul is fighting, retreating, extends his hand and a piece of debris flies off the ground and smashes into a door control, opening the door, remember? This took like less than half a second. He extends his hand and instantly it flies off the ground and strikes the door control.

LAEwXWZvON0

INSTANTANEOUS. Any questions?

Robtard
1.Spidy was tagged several times by the Goblin.
2.Jedis are faster then the GG, from canon.
3.Jedis can tag Spiderman.

1) Goblin is similar to Spider-man, he has super reflexes, agility, durability and strength.
2) Not really, see above.
3) Not before he could tag them in a close fight.

I'd be nice if you used feats seen in the movies to state your case for the Jedi.

Obi was knocked on his ass by a normal human, Jango. I understand that this was to furthr the plot, as is the same for Spider-man in some instances in the films, but going off their greatest feats in the films, Spider-man is far quicker than any Jedi.

Robtard

INSTANTANEOUS. Any questions?

Do you have eye trouble? Or do you not know what "instantaneous" means?

1) They're fighting rather slow at that moment, compared to when Obi and Maul go at it.

2) When maul uses the force to throw the debris, not only has he broken away from the sabre duel, it takes him 2 seconds to do the maneuver as he uses his hand to guide it.

edit: it'd be nice to have some intellectual honest, if something clearly didn't happen in the films, don't try and pass it off as it did.

Dr Will Hatch
Does the animation count here? Yoda could just lift a mountain and toss it at him. stick out tongue

Lucas never demonstrated how fast a Force sensitive actually moves, so the books and comics are our only source of relevancy.

Robtard

Lucas never demonstrated how fast a Force sensitive actually moves, so the books and comics are our only source of relevancy.

And that's the issue with many of the pro SW people, they simply add more to what is shown in the films because they're aware of the greater powers/abilities the Jedi and characters like Boba have in the written material.

Thank you for being honest though, seriously.

Rogue Jedi
Do you have eye trouble? Or do you not know what "instantaneous" means?

1) They're fighting rather slow at that moment, compared to when Obi and Maul go at it.

2) When maul uses the force to throw the debris, not only has he broken away from the sabre duel, it takes him 2 seconds to do the maneuver as he uses his hand to guide it.

Two seconds? laughing DUDE....The object is already in motion BEFORE he extends his hand, his hand is like a wizards wand, its more like an aiming device. In Vader's case, in ESB, he was just hurling random objects in Luke's general direction. Two seconds my ass.

And look at Maul and Obi Wan fighting at 4:39 to 4:51, you telling me Spidey could dodge ALL of those attacks? You need a reality check, man.

dadudemon
Na, Peter is exceptionally smart, as (especially) seen in Spider-man 2. The seconds it took Vader to do his yell and shake the ground, he could easily move in and punch Vader through the skull, strike when opportunity allows.

That's why you fail, young padawan. Vader can force choke people from across the galaxy.

The end. no expression

Robtard
Two seconds? laughing DUDE....The object is already in motion BEFORE he extends his hand, his hand is like a wizards wand, its more like an aiming device. In Vader's case, in ESB, he was just hurling random objects in Luke's general direction. Two seconds my ass.

And look at Maul and Obi Wan fighting at 4:39 to 4:51, you telling me Spidey could dodge ALL of those attacks? You need a reality check, man.

It's impossible to have an honest debate with you if a Star Wars character is involved, to date, I've only seen you acknowledge the 'film only' rule once; that was after pages and pages of debate though.

From what is shown in the films, yes, Spider-man is far quicker, agile etc. He wouldn't need to dodge attack after attack, he could easily attack first and kill or dodge and counter quicker than the Jedi's as seen in the movies.

Robtard
That's why you fail, young padawan. Vader can force choke people from across the galaxy.

The end. no expression

As always, you're a clown. I already said Spider-man would lose given the Jedi had a decent range of distance from Spider-man where they could execute a Force attack first.

I'm done though, as it is clearly impossible to have an honest debate when a SW character is involved.

Rogue Jedi
It's impossible to have an honest debate with you if a Star Wars character is involved, to date, I've only seen you acknowledge the 'film only' rule once; that was after pages and pages of debate though.

From what is shown in the films, yes, Spider-man is far quicker, agile etc. He wouldn't need to dodge attack after attack, he could easily attack first and kill or dodge and counter quicker than the Jedi's as seen in the movies. How is he gonna attack first if the Jedi/Sith will sense it WAAAAAAAAAAAY in advance? They will know WHEN the attack is coming and WHERE it will be aimed. they will know exactly where Spidey will extend his leg/arm for the attack and proceed to lop it off with their lightsaber.

Indo story.

Sadako of Girth
Vader never choked anybody across a whole galaxy in the movies.

Sorry for the pool pissing. Nothing personal.

Rogue Jedi
Vader never choked anybody across a whole galaxy in the movies.

Sorry for the pool pissing. Nothing personal. Well Spidey never punched or kicked anyone from across the galaxy.....

Sadako of Girth
Ummmmmmmm..... I didnt say he did.... confused

Rogue Jedi
And here, watch the speed at which Anakin and Obi Wan fight. Especially at the beginning of the duel, also when they are floating above the lava at the end:

pSwy412nttI

Spidey can dodge all of their saber attacks? crylaugh

Not to mention their force powers. Anyone who thinks Spidey has a chance against a Jedi/Sith is insane.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. Because he can move back faster than they can walk forward with the thing.

Sadako of Girth
Besides: with Jedi morals of course they'd never use their powers for attack. shifty

Spiderman is a good man.....

.spider...

..thingy.

Rogue Jedi
And Yoda versus Sidious. At 1:13, "Not if anything to say about it I have." Yoda force pushes Sidious in a micsosecond.

0nZ624mrCE4

Not to mention when he walked in and, with a simple hand wave, KO's both of the Emperor's guards.

INSTANTLY on both counts.

And watch the saber battle as the rotunda rises into the senate chamber, SPEED. Far too much speed for Spidey to deal with.

Robtard
Yes. Because he can move back faster than they can walk forward with the thing.

Notice how it's always Spider-man has to be the one defending...

Edit: Looking at that fight, Flash's straight punches were going either equal to or possible faster than the sabres.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>