Christianity in a Nutshell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cococryspies
Here's another way to look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDHFAsY6rSA&feature=channel

Symmetric Chaos
Wow, and people wonder why I think giving humanity a chance is a sign of weakness and naivete.

Don't worry though, you'll get a ton of applause from people around here. It doesn't matter how completely misrepresented religion is, as long as it comes off bad people will love you.

Grand-Moff-Gav
aah that guy was gay...

Bardock42
aah that guy was gay...

Though, his key points are indeed in some form or another believed by different Christian sects. Even though Sym loves to be all apologetic, the guy does kinda state the "gist" of it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Though, his key points are indeed in some form or another believed by different Christian sects. Even though Sym loves to be all apologetic, the guy does kinda state the "gist" of it.

Except he says it all came from one source so it can't come from various sects. He says it applies to all of Christianity which is impossible because there's really nothing that does. And if you watch it with any level of objectivity you can see that he states nothing close to the "gist" of anything thanks to the personal spin he places on it.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Except he says it all came from one source so it can't come from various sects. He says it applies to all of Christianity which is impossible because there's really nothing that does. And if you watch it with any level of objectivity you can see that he states nothing close to the "gist" of anything thanks to the personal spin he places on it.

Actually his points, though offensively phrased, relate to things that most Christian sects do believe in.

Jesus is God (cosmic)
Jesus was Jewish
Jesus rose from the dead (Zombie)
Jesus is the same as his father (Trinity)
Jesus gives eternal life if you accept him as your saviour/lord.
Jesus flesh and blood is symbolically (or if you are absolutely cuckoo literally) eaten and drunk.
Every human is tainted by "Original Sin" and only God/Jesus can cleanse it.
The original sin happened when Eve (being naked) was told by a snake to eat fruit from a forbidden tree (incidentally granting her the knowledge of right and wrong, something she didn't have before, which would probably have come in handy to know THAT IT IS ****ING WRONG TO EAT FROM THE TREE, but who cares about technicalities when damning an entire species to hardship after having created them, right?)

So, yeah, his points are actual believes of a majority of Christians. And some of them are certainly entirely essential to the whole of Christian faith.

Bicnarok

Grand-Moff-Gav
Actually his points, though offensively phrased, relate to things that most Christian sects do believe in.

Jesus is God (cosmic)
Jesus was Jewish
Jesus rose from the dead (Zombie)
Jesus is the same as his father (Trinity)
Jesus gives eternal life if you accept him as your saviour/lord.
Jesus flesh and blood is symbolically (or if you are absolutely cuckoo literally) eaten and drunk.
Every human is tainted by "Original Sin" and only God/Jesus can cleanse it.
The original sin happened when Eve (being naked) was told by a snake to eat fruit from a forbidden tree (incidentally granting her the knowledge of right and wrong, something she didn't have before, which would probably have come in handy to know THAT IT IS ****ING WRONG TO EAT FROM THE TREE, but who cares about technicalities when damning an entire species to hardship after having created them, right?)

So, yeah, his points are actual believes of a majority of Christians. And some of them are certainly entirely essential to the whole of Christian faith.
Not disputing that his facts were indeed factual...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Not disputing that his facts were indeed factual... Not you, but Sym.

ushomefree
Cococryspies-

Why you felt the need to post a video of this caliber is beside me; and why Tyleroakley felt the need to post a video of this caliber on YouTube is beside me, also.

The video is ignorant.

I am truly perplexed, with all the nonsense going on in the world, including our country today, that you'd willfully create such a thread: "Christianity in a Nutshell." President Obama is fighting to pass legislation to ensure illegal immigrants -- who don't pay state and/or federal tax -- receive rebate checks (between 500 and 1,000 dollars)! Never mind American citizens!! That is insane!!! That is one example. And why not discuss the dangers of Muslim-fundamentalists? Point is, their are bigger arguments/issues to be debated, considered, and judged.

Fundamentally, their is something debasing about bashing Christianity; Christians are not beheading so-called "infidels" on national television, not to mention blowing up cafe' shops or school buses loaded with innocent children.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ushomefree
Cococryspies-

Why you felt the need to post a video of this caliber is beside me; and why Tyleroakley felt the need to post a video of this caliber on YouTube is beside me, also.

The video is ignorant.

I am truly perplexed, with all the nonsense going on in the world, including our country today, that you'd willfully create such a thread: "Christianity in a Nutshell." President Obama is fighting to pass legislation to ensure illegal immigrants -- who don't pay state and/or federal tax -- receive rebate checks (between 500 and 1,000 dollars)! Never mind American citizens!! That is insane!!! That is one example. And why not discuss the dangers of Muslim-fundamentalists? Point is, their are bigger arguments/issues to be debated, considered, and judged.

Fundamentally, their is something debasing about bashing Christianity; Christians are not beheading so-called "infidels" on national television, not to mention blowing up cafe' shops or school buses loaded with innocent children.
Great idea, lets never make any threads that aren't condemnations of Islam.

Wild Shadow
last i checked fundamentalist christian have bombed abortion clinics and shot smut peddlers.

so using the whole islam is the one bombing buses and beheading as a whole of the religion is a moot point when in contrast to the other, puts them both on equal footing to me.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
last i checked fundamentalist christian have bombed abortion clinics and shot smut peddlers.

so using the whole islam is the one bombing buses and beheading as a whole of the religion is a moot point when in contrast to the other, puts them both on equal footing to me.
Blowing up Murder Houses is A-OK.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ushomefree
...Fundamentally, their is something debasing about bashing Christianity; Christians are not beheading so-called "infidels" on national television, not to mention blowing up cafe' shops or school buses loaded with innocent children.

That is correct. I am not sure if Christianity has finally grown up or it is just a lull in the violence. However, it is not appropriate for Christianity to point a finger at the Muslim world when it was only a few hundred years ago that it was Christians that were burning people at the stake.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Blowing up Murder Houses is A-OK.

That statement being extremely controversial as well as abortion being murder being extremely controversial, should make people wait and see before bombing doctor's houses. yes

One problem with Religion is that some people exchange their conscience for a text that was written long before their time or a leader that makes their decisions for them. Not that it is a problem exclusive to Religion, of course.

Grand-Moff-Gav
That statement being extremely controversial as well as abortion being murder being extremely controversial, should make people wait and see before bombing doctor's houses. yes

One problem with Religion is that some people exchange their conscience for a text that was written long before their time or a leader that makes their decisions for them. Not that it is a problem exclusive to Religion, of course.

Oh cummon, have a laugh

inimalist
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

In America, the most likely racial/gender/religious profile of a terrorist is STILL a white male christian.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
In America, the most likely racial/gender/religious profile of a terrorist is STILL a white male christian.

Wouldn't that just be due to most Americans falling into the "white Christian" category and almost all terrorists falling into the "male" category? Besides no one gets that upset about a good ol' bombing between friends, it's when people from the outside blow stuff up that people get pissed.

inimalist
Wouldn't that just be due to most Americans falling into the "white Christian" category

without demographic statistics comparing the likelihood of terrorist activity by race, gender and religion it is impossible to know. My thoughts are that it probably plays a significant role.

and almost all terrorists falling into the "male" category?

not entirely true. Depending on how liberal that "almost" is.

Besides no one gets that upset about a good ol' bombing between friends, it's when people from the outside blow stuff up that people get pissed.

lol, these people are proper terrorists, they only go for stuff as big as Tim McVeigh though. Its mainly "Army of God" and affiliated type people.

Deja~vu
Multiple personality disorder?

lil bitchiness
That was pretty shit.

Baha'ism isn't for me but I'm not creating whiny ass-attention seeking videos about it.

MilitantDog
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
That was pretty shit.

Baha'ism isn't for me but I'm not creating whiny ass-attention seeking videos about it.

No your just posting whiny ass-attention seeking forum posts.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by MilitantDog
No your just posting whiny ass-attention seeking forum posts.

BAAAAN THE HERETIC!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.