John McClaine runs the Lethal Weapon Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
While Riggs is busy running the Die Hard Gauntlet, John has his hands full with the baddies from Lethal Weapon.
* means firearms optional

1. Mr. Joshua (Lethal Weapon 1)
2. Pieter Vorstedt (Lethal Weapon 2)
3. Arjen Rudd (Lethal Weapon 2)*
4. Jack Travis (Lethal Weapon 3)*
5. Man with Flamethrower and Assault Rifle (Lethal Weapon 4)*
6. Wah Sing Ku (Lethal Weapon 4)

Darth Martin
Jet Li kicks his ass the same way the asian chick in LFODH did.

Rogue Jedi
h2h against Joshua? laughing out loud

Sado22
Maclane gets creamed at Mr. Joshua if its h2h. otherwise, he clears it....for obvious reasons that Jetli was empty handed.

Snafu: anytime you mention McClane you're suppossed to specify that there is no SUV around for miles so John has no choice but to actually fight h2h laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Uh oh haermm

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
While Riggs is busy running the Die Hard Gauntlet, John has his hands full with the baddies from Lethal Weapon.
* means firearms optional

1. Mr. Joshua (Lethal Weapon 1)
2. Pieter Vorstedt (Lethal Weapon 2)
3. Arjen Rudd (Lethal Weapon 2)*
4. Jack Travis (Lethal Weapon 3)*
5. Man with Flamethrower and Assault Rifle (Lethal Weapon 4)*
6. Wah Sing Ku (Lethal Weapon 4)

1. Good fight. McClane being harder hitting and more durable than Riggs knocks Joshua out prettty quickly.
(He'd have to really... else the Joshua techiques might win out if McClane allows Joshua time to compose himself, Mcclane better blast him out early with that MA overiding brutality of his.)

2. Barely a blip on the McClane villian-o-meter despite the perchanchance for 80s racism and stuff. McClane would somehow have killed him the second he appeared in McClane's bedroom when he slept.
People just cant do that to McClane...he kills everybody.
Noone has ever bombed McClane's toilet.

3. Dead after that 1st encounter diplomatic immunity or not.
John'd have shot the motherf**ker.

4. Are you kidding...? McClane walks through him like wet f**kin' paper.... laughing out loud

5. He kills flamey in equal or less time. But McClane may employ one of the nearby cars to ram through the guy sooner than later on that one.

6. Wah sing ku. Knocks the f**ker out..
Jet li's character when punched by a real man, will fold..
McClane dont play that wires, flashy pretty chop socky heavily choreographed, shit...
He just kills people way more than Riggs and his other half Murtaugh put together..

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh Ah, the wonders of delusion.

Sadako of Girth
Yes... You keep trying to sell them to me, they sound nice. stick out tongue
But yet Id rather live in an undeluded, facty McClane win based universe that we inhabit, rather than your delusion, no matter how wonderous, that old man Riggs has a chance against McClane as he stands.

Face it:

McClane - smart, yet brutal killer in 4 films about brutal killing.

Riggs - Half of an comedy thriller duo, who is in two good films about brutal killing, and two about romantic drama, domestic life with the Murtaughs, the themes of 'growing to be to old for this shit' and emotional slavery-related drama that happen to have a bit of action in 'em.

And he is too old to win against McClane.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm....you have resorted back to the buddy crutch, SAD.

Sadako of Girth
And I see youre back to the 'Blindly call every fact that disproves your argument a crutch' crutch. Sadder still.

Rogue Jedi
Tell me, when Riggs was wrecking shop against the baddies in all the movies, not counting Jet Li, where was Murtaugh? You make it sound as if he was holding the guys in a headlock for Riggs.

Sadako of Girth
Ohh man youre right! You shocked me! Youre right!
Riggs DID do something all by himself...!

Wellllll done Riggs....

Isnt he a big boy now....?

Oddly moments later he is overpowered by 2nd rate thugs, and they kill his woman and nearly him. Very effective.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Ohh man youre right! You shocked me! Youre right!
Riggs DID do something all by himself...!

Wellllll done Riggs....

Isnt he a big boy now....?

Oddly moments later he is overpowered by 2nd rate thugs, and they kill his woman and nearly him. Very effective. Overpowered? Well, he was knocked out with a blackjack, yes, that would knock anyone out.

But then he escaped, pwned two guys HAND TO HAND, while having a dislocated shoulder. big grin

Sadako of Girth
And his woman...? Oops.

McClane wouldnt have let her die.

He knows the difference between an Ellis and his woman.
If it hadnt been for Rigg's womaness in these matters she still be alive.

And what was the first thing he did?
Cry down to the phone to uncle Roger.

There there now. Uncle Rodge'll make it better. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
So Vordsted hits McClaine with a blackjack, then what? McClaine turns around, says Yippy Kay a, then beats him to death? Or does McClaine have a way of fighting while knocked out? OH......McClaine would never have escaped the river, uh oh......

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So Vordsted hits McClaine with a blackjack, then what? McClaine turns around, says Yippy Kay a, then beats him to death? Or does McClaine have a way of fighting while knocked out? OH......McClaine would never have escaped the river, uh oh......

Yes. He would.

He wouldnt get there in the first place.

As noone has ever knocked McClane out.

Rogue Jedi
Yes. He would.

He wouldnt get there in the first place.

As noone has ever knocked McClane out. A black jack to the back of the head, TWO times, will knock ANYONE out.

Sadako of Girth
They'd have been dead if the 1st one failed if it were McClane.

How come guns arent an option in the Jet li fight here for McClane..?
They seemed to be in Riggs case. No fair.

Rogue Jedi
huh? and what?

Sadako of Girth
Well... Wasnt Jet Li shot, ultimately, in LW4?

(Right before Murtaugh saves Riggs' ass again.)

Rogue Jedi
Wasnt Jet Li shot, ultimately, in LW4? mhm, I gotcha now, and you know I have never, not once, used Riggs shooting Li in my argument.

BTW I started a thread in the movie section by mistake embarrasment http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t502197.html

Sadako of Girth
No you don't.

You claimed that he beat Li in h2h combat back in the closed thread.

I maintained that he shot him.

Therefore if the SUV nullifies McClane's victory over ninja chick, then the gun usuage means that Riggs failed beat Li h2h.

And his useage of a shipping container would nullify the victory against the South Africans.

And thats not so.

But anyway I was referring to the first post in this thread, stateing that using a gun against Jet li was not an option.

Rogue Jedi
No you don't.

You claimed that he beat Li in h2h combat back in the closed thread.

I maintained that he shot him.

Therefore if the SUV nullifies McClane's victory over ninja chick, then the gun usuage means that Riggs failed beat Li h2h.

And his useage of a shipping container would nullify the victory against the South Africans.

And thats not so. No, I claimed Riggs fought him to a standstill in LW4. I never said he beat him.

Sadako of Girth
With Murtaughs help. Sure.

Iron bar-tastic.

Rogue Jedi
With Murtaughs help. Sure.

Iron bar-tastic. You can watch the fight and tell that Murtaugh is in Riggs's way, any fool can see that. As I said before, the first thing Riggs does is push Rog outta the way, and there is a point where Riggs pulls Li away from Rog.

Murtaugh didnt do much in that fight. Jet Li's character was by far the best fighter in all 8 LW and DH movies by far. For Riggs to do as well as he did speaks volumes for his fighting prowess.

But hey, McClaine killed more people overall, he MUST be the superior combatant. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sadako of Girth
Thats right.
Along with the fact that he has killed better trained people than Riggs has with distrubing regularity.

Li's stuff doesnt work without a cheoregrapher.
McClane would brutalize him.

Never mind. The point is that Riggs is was past it in 1997/98.

DH4 would have killed him for sure at that age he'd have been then regardless of whatever he could do at 19...

Rogue Jedi
So there was a role for a choreographer in LW4? I thought I saw someone hiding in the shadows haermm

Sadako of Girth
Hehehehee Yep.

If Riggs'd just shot that guy, Li would have been killed easily. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Outta bullets.

Sadako of Girth
Then what did he shoot Li with...? stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
A to the muther fukkin K homeboy....now go comment in my fat bastard thread.

Sadako of Girth
Therefore he had bullets.

He just didnt know it for while.. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
McClaine is better at OSP, I'll give him that.

Sadako of Girth
OSP..?

Rogue Jedi
On Site Procurement, obtaining weapons from fallen enemies.

Sadako of Girth
Ah I see.

Cool.

So he is better at acronyms than Riggs too. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
But no one does crazy like the Riggster.

Sadako of Girth
Yes they do.

He nicks it directly from the three stooges. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Well, yeah, but I was referring to the scene on Argen's office. "Sometimes I go crazy, like right now."

Robtard
1. Good fight. McClane being harder hitting and more durable than Riggs knocks Joshua out prettty quickly.
(He'd have to really... else the Joshua techiques might win out if McClane allows Joshua time to compose himself, Mcclane better blast him out early with that MA overiding brutality of his.)

2. Barely a blip on the McClane villian-o-meter despite the perchanchance for 80s racism and stuff. McClane would somehow have killed him the second he appeared in McClane's bedroom when he slept.
People just cant do that to McClane...he kills everybody.
Noone has ever bombed McClane's toilet.

3. Dead after that 1st encounter diplomatic immunity or not.
John'd have shot the motherf**ker.

4. Are you kidding...? McClane walks through him like wet f**kin' paper.... laughing out loud

5. He kills flamey in equal or less time. But McClane may employ one of the nearby cars to ram through the guy sooner than later on that one.

6. Wah sing ku. Knocks the f**ker out..
Jet li's character when punched by a real man, will fold..
McClane dont play that wires, flashy pretty chop socky heavily choreographed, shit...
He just kills people way more than Riggs and his other half Murtaugh put together..

So let it be written, so let it be done.

I do think he'd have trouble with #6 considering the Asian's speed. But John's durability has been shown repeatedly and it will hold out far longer than Wah's endurance and fist will, once he slows down and his little hands are throbbing from hitting John's hard-head, he's toast.

Sadako of Girth
Well, yeah, but I was referring to the scene on Argen's office. "Sometimes I go crazy, like right now."

Selfish stupid histrionics that helped get his lady killed and his ass whooped.

He admitted to Roger that he wasnt crazy.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah well shit happens, ***** prolly didnt swallow anyway.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

Hey it was Patsy Kensit...
Dont ruin the fantasy..

Dirty, dead minx.

Rogue Jedi
Hmm....I wonder........think she had a shaved front?

Sadako of Girth
Not being a necrophile, after the movie hadnt finished, that wasnt one of the things in my head. stick out tongue

Probably. shifty

But one thing is for sure.

McClane is bald becuase not even hair will oppose him.

Rogue Jedi
Not being a necrophile, after the movie hadnt finished, that wasnt one of the things in my head. stick out tongue

Probably. shifty

But one thing is for sure.

McClane is bald becuase not even hair will oppose him. Wait, wouldnt hair NOT growing be opposing him?

Sadako of Girth
Depends if you wanna shave your head or not.

Rogue Jedi
Makes head butts more effective, I bet.

Sadako of Girth
Feels cool in the summer too.

Sado22
John dies. his jobber aura and luck aren't saving him with the real pros.

Rogue Jedi
He won't feel a thing.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Sado22
John dies. his jobber aura and luck aren't saving him with the real pros.

Ummmmm. Youre right.

But his jobber aura, luck, superior endurance, strength, instinct, and efficiency and skill in maiming and killing are though.

As evidenced by Die Hard, Die Hard 2, Die hard with a vengence, and Die Hard 4.0.

Sadako of Girth
He won't feel a thing.
(Unlike his victims)
That much I agree with.

Rogue Jedi
I think McClaine busted his nut, just so you know.

Sadako of Girth
What evidence is there of said nutbustery?

Rogue Jedi
Well.....never mind shifty

Sadako of Girth
This McClane related message goes out to posters from England and eastern Europe right now. stick out tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-npMEbGg7OE

Its blizzarding like I havent seen since 1994.

Sadako of Girth
And thats western Europe. laughing out loud

Im too tired for this shit.

Need sleep.

Rogue Jedi
We're NOT too old for this shit, WILL IT laughing out loud

Sado22
holly left him eek!

Rogue Jedi
That went right over everyone's head I see.

Sado22
if McClane was in Diehard4 he'd get beat by the young boxer dude and then run him over with an SUV......to prove once and for all that he pwns in h2h combat rolling on floor laughing

Rogue Jedi
huh?

Sado22
i meant LW4

Rogue Jedi
I know, I am just busting your balls.

Sado22
ahole....

Rogue Jedi
heartbeat

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Sado22
if McClane was in Diehard4 he'd get beat by the young boxer dude and then run him over with an SUV......to prove once and for all that he pwns in h2h combat rolling on floor laughing

Well it would be better than doing what Riggs did .
He only got as far as getting embarrassingly whupped by the guy.

Riggs lacks the ingenuity to think of the SUV.

Saves time, saves energy, saves lives. wink

Rogue Jedi
Saves face.

Sadako of Girth
But not hers.

Win win win.

Rogue Jedi
No, saved his. If I had just had my ass handed to me by a girl, I might go as far as killing her with an SUV and make up my own version.

Sadako of Girth
Well if ya wanna look at it like that, Riggs exactly the same did with that shipping container (afterwhich Murtaugh came in to save Rigg's life) and shooting Jet Li. (where he had to get Uncle Rodge to come rescue him again.)

Pussy couldnt even beat them without Hardware intervention (Container and metal rod respectively) followed by Roger intervention.

Besides. The most important point is really the simplest.
McClane had to get up there to stop her either killing the Kid or to stop her forcing him to complete the firesale shit he was forced to do.

And he had to do it fast.

I believe Riggs may even have done the same himself.

Rogue Jedi
Riggs didnt get his ass kicked THEN resort to the shipping container. He pwned the guy and walked away. BIG difference, the shipping container was just the killing blow.

All he had to do was finish the guy with the knife after WINNING the h2h battle. He WON h2h.

Get it? McClaine LOST h2h and was FORCED to use an SUV to do the job he couldnt do by himself.

Sadako of Girth
The dude killed his wife, his girlfriend, half the guys he worked with and still held his own against Riggs until Riggs punked him with that container.... Id say the bad guy did more damage to Riggs than Riggs did to him, despite the death.

He still "couldnt" finish him then, by your logic.
And we'd have to also assume that Riggs couldnt beat all those guys that he shot instead of fighting or finishing them physically.
My logic differs. My logic says that just because a guy chooses to take one path, it doesn't mean that he couldnt have done other things.

Get that...?

And for FYI he knocked her out ass OUT and could have killed her there and then.

She merely kicked him out of that window, and if it were the victory you so desperately claim it was for her, he wouldnt have been able to do what he then did.

She failed to knock him out and he got back up there quick and reentered the fight, killing her. End of.

Toku King
And I see youre back to the 'Blindly call every fact that disproves your argument a crutch' crutch. Sadder still.

Well, him beating out Jet Li makes me wonder...

Sadako of Girth
After Murtaugh stabbed him and Riggs shot him with an AK...

Rogue Jedi
The dude killed his wife, his girlfriend, half the guys he worked with and still held his own against Riggs until Riggs punked him with that container.... Id say the bad guy did more damage to Riggs than Riggs did to him, despite the death.He held his own for a few minutes because Riggs had a damn bayonet through the leg. Are we talking psychological damage now?

Riggs is not a cold blooded killer. The guy was helpless, Riggs, crazy and deadly as he is, didn't have it in him to kill a helpless human being. McClaine wouldnt either, I'd wager.

She did in fact KO him. She knocked him down, looked at his still form for a few seconds, and went back to Farrell.
Shouldn't we be discussing this in the old McClaine/Riggs thread?

Sadako of Girth
He held his own for a few minutes because Riggs had a damn bayonet through the leg. Are we talking psychological damage now?

Riggs is not a cold blooded killer. The guy was helpless, Riggs, crazy and deadly as he is, didn't have it in him to kill a helpless human being. McClaine wouldnt either, I'd wager.

She did in fact KO him. She knocked him down, looked at his still form for a few seconds, and went back to Farrell.
Shouldn't we be discussing this in the old McClaine/Riggs thread?

And who put that Bayonet there..?
Yep and that should be right up your alley, being the morals rule guy and all.

Hangon the whole movie wasnt portraying Riggs as coldblooded assassin who lives to kill guys...?
I think you must have seen Loaded Weapon 1 instead.

Dude. A KO stands for the words "knocked out" "or even "knock out".

Heres what "knocked out" requires: Loss of conciousness.

She was put to sleep by his shit.
Her shit failed to put him to sleep. Oops.

She in NO WAY knocked him out. So the guy was still for a second...? And...? His eyes werent closed like hers were.

Sadako of Girth
On the subject of "Mcclane wouldnt kill helpless opponents":

Surrendering bad guy: "Nicht shizennnnnnnn!!!!" (Dont shoot!)

McClane's gun: "Blam blam blam blam".
McClane to corpse, sarcastically:"What was that...?"

-Die Hard 3

"SLAM! SLAM! SLAM! SLAM!" *McClane slamming overpowered opponent's head repeatedly in door til he is dead.
-Die Hard 3

Note also the premptive shootings of those truck driving badguys in the tunnel. This was not the act of a man caring if one of the guys was innocent maybe.

Rogue Jedi
And who put that Bayonet there..? The dude with the funny haircut.
Still crying about that? laughing

No, not cold blooded, just B-B-B-B-Bad to the bone.

BTW...Kathy Ireland droolio

So despite the fact that he was clearly out, BUT we cant SEE him out, he WASNT knocked out? Riiiiiiiiiiiight. He was down for like five seconds, she for like ten. Oh yeah, theres your proof. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sado22
hysterical

Rogue Jedi
Well at least he finally accepts that McClaine was pwned by a girl.

Sado22
McClane couldn't beat a girl without an SUV. probably that's why holly left him. she asked him to spank her and brought in the SUV and used the sidedoor instead laughing

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh oh **** my sides......

Sadako of Girth
Well at least he finally accepts that McClaine was pwned by a girl.

Nope he knocked her out and when she came around she couldnt kill him so she kicked him through a window.

Which was a big mistake as it turns out.

Thats all there is to it.

Sadako of Girth
Rene Russo would PWN riggs.

Sado22
only when he asks her too shifty

Rogue Jedi
Nope he knocked her out and when she came around she couldnt kill him so she kicked him through a window.

Which was a big mistake as it turns out.

Thats all there is to it. Only after she KO'd him first. Round and round we go.

Sadako of Girth
Rubbish. Screencap him knocked out.

Oh you cant...?

Assssssssssssssssss talking once again.

Rogue Jedi
Like I said, McClaine bust his nut already, no need to continue the knob polishing. Let him sleep.

Sadako of Girth
Its McClane.

Now youve declined to debate, spouting irrelvances as alleged busted nuts....whatever you can to avoid the fact that she was sparked out and he wasnt. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi
Nah, just saying that this aint the appropriate thread.

Snafu the Great
Okay, people, I'm adding a twist to the gauntlet match.

If you have seen the McClaine/Indy gauntlet matchup, then you know what I am talking about. I am going to use all four versions of McClaine in this gauntlet match, in accordance to each LW bad guy (i.e. Mr. Joshua vs DH1 McClaine and so on).

Sadako of Girth
Nah, just saying that this aint the appropriate thread.

Rubbish.

Come on.

One screencap and you wont look full of shit anymore.

Rogue Jedi
Rubbish.

Come on.

One screencap and you wont look full of shit anymore. laughing Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Sadako of Girth
Still waiting.

Rogue Jedi
For?

Sadako of Girth

One screencap and you wont look full of shit anymore.

The one of McClane lying clearly unconcious after she "sparked him".

'Cause I bet you I could supply one of her having been knocked unconcious by McClane. yes

Ergo: She basically was at McClane's mercy, he let her live.

She showed her appreciation of this by then throwing him through a window, which ultimately would lead to McClane killing her.

Simple as that.

Rogue Jedi
Oh, well..........Lemmee think........fu

Sadako of Girth
Oh, well..........Lemmee think........fu

Dont strain toooooo hard. fu

Rogue Jedi
Dont strain toooooo hard. fu K.

Sadako of Girth
...Cause I'd hate for you to tear your pooper on this thread's account.

stick out tongue

Robtard
The one of McClane lying clearly unconcious after she "sparked him".

'Cause I bet you I could supply one of her having been knocked unconcious by McClane. yes

Ergo: She basically was at McClane's mercy, he let her live.

She showed her appreciation of this by then throwing him through a window, which ultimately would lead to McClane killing her.

Simple as that.

I've been looking for a youtube clip of that, as I vaguely remembered McClane getting the upper-hand on her first, letting her live (because he's a cop) and them fighting again and her receiving a V-8 engine enema for her audacity.

So clearly, the ninja-girl did not "pwn" him h2h.

Sadako of Girth
LOL @ 'V8 Enema'

So true also.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.