FC, IC, DOTNG vs. Civil War, Annihilation, Secret Invasion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Final Crisis
Infinite Crisis
Death of the New Gods

vs.

Civil War
Annihilation 1&2
Secret Invasion

who had better events Marvel or DC ?

Philosophía
Final Crisis is better than all of the other events, from both companies, combined.

skyfather

Philosophía
Oh noez you editz my post. wut m i gunna do.

skyfather

Raoul
Originally posted by the Darkone
Final Crisis
Infinite Crisis
Death of the New Gods

vs.

Civil War
Annihilation 1&2
Secret Invasion

who had better events Marvel or DC ?

dunno if this'll stay open, but...

FC & IC are better than Annihilation imo, Secret Invasion was a mess, and Civil War had the suckiest ending of almost any saga... ever.

DOTNG was pretty meh too.

Philosophía
Originally posted by skyfather
is talking like that meant to be funny??

No.

I'm just typing stuff on a lower level, so that you can comprehend.

Cartesian Doubt
1. Infinite Crisis (IMO the best crossover event of all time, i am hungover so i may have forgotten something).

2.Civil War (pretty entertaining on the whole, could have maybe done with an issue or two extra to flesh out the final battle, and the Spider man Iron man fight).

3. Final Crisis (pretty good on the whole, but didn't come close to upholding Grants very high standards. I've said it about 20 times, but the original World War three story, that ended Morisson's JLA arc is far superior in every way. Also too many ambiguities and plot holes through out, and unnecessary use of too "ultimate evils". Some really uber cool concepts thru out; internet distrubution of anti-life equation, batman shooting D.S. Every heroe in the multiverse descending upon Mandrakk, D.S. dragging Space-time into a relativity, singularity hell.)

4. Death of the New Gods; silly , standrad cosmic pre-Authority crap that takes the last 20 years of comic sophistication and throws up all over it. Why bother writing a comic that ignores all the vitues that Dark Knight Returns, Watchmen, Kingdome Come, Transmetroplolitan, Authority etc have given us ? Especially if its aimed at the more mature audience who grew up with Kirby's comics. I bet the King is turning in his grave over this tripe.

Haven't read the others, but heard a lot of good things about Annhilation.

skyfather

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by skyfather
is talking like that meant to be funny??

I thought it was pretty funny ....

I found it more funny that you got wound up about it ?

skyfather
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
I thought it was pretty funny ....

I found it more funny that you got wound up about it ? Believe me, i don't get wound up by troll's.

Vally Doosh
Annihilation is the only one of these six that's any good.

willRules

TricksterPriest
Why DOTNG? Why not something actually good, like Sinestro Corp War?

the Darkone
Sinsetro Corp and House of M are added, 15 min expire before I could add them.

Endless Mike
I prefer the DC events - Civil War wasn't all that great IMO, Secret Invasion was okay, Annihilation was great, but SCW was better, Infinite Crisis was okay, Final Crisis and DOTNG were both pretty good

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
Annihilation is the only one of these six that's any good. agreed

Raoul
Originally posted by the Darkone
Sinsetro Corp and House of M are added, 15 min expire before I could add them.

house of M was shit. SCW was awesome.

Badabing

Symmetric Chaos
FC - lost the "evil winning" title to Secret Invasion, lost the comprehensibility title to everything, easily the most epic scope of all of them
IC - loathed it for some reason
DOTNG - enjoyed it, had an interesting somewhat complex and easy to follow story, better things have been written of course
Civil War - mightygodking made it awesome
Annihilation - great story, great characterization, great scope
Secret Invasion - evil manages to screw over the good guys in a royal way but the premise felt awfully contrived

tjcoady
I absolutely hated Infinite Crisis for some reason. Just could not freaking stand it.

Draco69
Death of the New Gods is NOT an event comic.

An event comic would involve multiple titles and multiple teams of superheroes against a threat.

Death of the New Gods was very self-contained and merely told the story of God serial killer.

A better candidate would have been Sinestro Corps....

THAT'S an event comic.

SevenShackles
Sinestro corp war & annihilation....
space wars FTW!!!

Mindset

Allankles
Originally posted by tjcoady
I absolutely hated Infinite Crisis for some reason. Just could not freaking stand it.

You're not alone there. Just never liked it.

FC - Was pretty decent overall as long as you forget 3/4's of FC 7 and about a quarter of FC 6.

Civil War - never read the whole thing so can't make a review.

Annhilation Wave - one of the better event comics Marvel's released in recent years. It had great scope and the best parts were the tie ins like Star Lord, Ronan and co. When the main story focused on SS it was good, Thanos was meh and Annhilus was a good villain.

DOTNG - Not an event comic and it really didn't do the New Gods justice. Stuff from the Simonson-Bryne era were so much more epic than anything we saw in DOTNG.

Secret Invasion - Was a mess, where FC could have done with more issues to flesh out the story between FC 6 and 7 especially, SI could have done with a lot fewer issues. It was a simple story that should have been way more stream-lined.

SI had less to tell than FC yet it had more tie-ins and issues.

Martian_mind
Annihilation.
IC
FC
CW
SI

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

You're joking, right?

laughing out loud

No. no expression

Digi
Originally posted by Digi
We can talk about this in the discussion threads for these events. We don't need separate vs. threads for related events, especially because of the precedent it would set, and how we'd soon have too many of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.