Marv (Sin City) versus Predator....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Hand to hand combat. the Predator has no weapons, and, to even the odds, Marv has the hatchet he used in Sin City. No stealth, no evasion, just a straight up brawl.

Sado22
dude, machette doesn't count for h2h. if he gets a machette than Pred gets an SUV big grin

Rogue Jedi
Hey, I had to even the odds.

Sado22
well, pred is not immune to knives or cutting weapons. but yeah it needs to be fair so how about a brass knuckles or lead gloves for Marv?

Rogue Jedi
Weapons from the movie only.

Sado22
he uses the sledgehammer that Kevin smacked him around with.

Scythe
Wow. Okay, well Predator takes this, they hunt for sport. Even without stealth or invisibility, Marv is just a straight up, dumbass brawler with a few street skills. One pred can destroy him, just imagine the raping many Preds would give him? Yeah...

Also, I don't see how it is hand to hand if there are weapons involved, someone didn't think that one through, even if it is making things even. Might as well let the Pred fight with one of his hands tied behind his back, that's in the "evening the playing field" lot, not giving them weapons, geez...

Sado22
its one pred against marv

Scythe
Originally posted by Sado22
its one pred against marv

No shit?

Originally posted by Scythe
One pred can destroy him, just imagine the raping many Preds would give him?

Rogue Jedi
Thread conditions, deal with it. Marv unarmed against a Predator stacks the odds was against him. Pred has height, reach and speed on Marv. So from now on it's hand to hatchet.

Marv a dumbass brawler with a few skills? crylaugh

Sado22
why bring up the rest of 'em is all.

well he's got the "dumbass" and "brawler" part right. its just the bit with the "few skills" where he's off. Marv's a renaissance man with a iron chin.

~Sado

Rogue Jedi
Thats what I was LOLing at, "few skills." haermm

Utrigita
Well the Predator still wins.

Sado22
well marv knows a lot about smashing, torturing, castrating, oggling over strippers and getting shot eek!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Utrigita
Well the Predator still wins. How you figure that?

Utrigita
Marv can take a beating sure, but so can the Predator and I would say even more then Marv plus I recall a scene from Predator 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOdzkOYtick&feature=related

at 2:36

"He must have been killed down here and then some *svip* it's about 35 40 feet, no robe no ladder the guy weights around a 195 pounds"

In predator vs Aliens Requiem we saw a Predator holding two aliens at the throat, I somehow doesn't see Marv doing that, that is why I give the Predator the vote in overall strength plus the Predator in the first film lifted Arnold (cannot remember his character name) with one hand. In Durability the Predator in the second film toke five(?) shoots at close range to the chest and none managed to do anything then pierce it's skin plus it toke a lightning bolt. Arguably in Skill Marv will have the upperhand because we doesn't see alot of hand to hand from the Predators, but based on what they are I would say they would have a pretty good chance in having the advantage in that catagory too.

Scythe
Compared to the skills that Predator has, yeah, he has only a few skills, in comparison. Marv can take on a dishing, he's shown this. However, the Predator can take him on.

Comics Marv is a lot more fleshed out than what we saw in the film, but this isn't the case here, movies only.

So, even a hatchet, a Pred can drop him. They don't feel pain the same way as humans or Marv for this instance, and they can adapt, use the city as a way to impale Marv and keep him there.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sado22
why bring up the rest of 'em is all.

well he's got the "dumbass" and "brawler" part right. its just the bit with the "few skills" where he's off. Marv's a renaissance man with a iron chin.

~Sado

Because it's fun to suppose.

A few skills were shown in the movie Sin City.

He knew how to torture and kill and treat his wounds, that's awesome, sure.

What do Preds know? Making traps, advanced technology, hunting, skinning, spying and who the f*ck knows what else.

Rogue Jedi
All of which has no bearing here, they aren't hunting Marv, it's a straight up brawl.

Scythe
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
All of which has no bearing here, they aren't hunting Marv, it's a straight up brawl.

RJ, please keep in mind that you are on ignore, so it is very hard to keep track of your posts.

Regardless, I know it's not a hunting scenerio, I was only comparing the skills shown in the movie, anyone could have seen that or read that. I guess we all feel the need to point out the obvious at times, but like I said, Preds have more skills than Marv, yet you found it HILARIOUS that Marv has fewer skills than Predators, I don't know why that would be.

Straight up brawl, with the inclusion of a hatchet (hahahaha!) in the city. Predator wins. All he f*ckin' needs is for that hatchet to get stuck to his sternum, leg or arm and it's Predator's property now, Marv dies.

Rogue Jedi
RJ, please keep in mind that you are on ignore, so it is very hard to keep track of your posts. Whatever? roll eyes (sarcastic) Ignore away, I could care less.

These skills aren't gonna help the Pred, man, that's all I am saying.

Guess you missed Predator 2 when Danny Glover pwned the Pred with the Pred's blade. And Marv is ten times the fighter Danny Glover's character is, perhaps more.

Scythe
Just saying, geez...

Hunting skills don't have to help him here, I'm only stating that he has quite a few skills more than Marv.

I saw the ending to Predator 2, it was a cool movie, but even then I think Predator can take this.

You think Marv can beat him, I respect that, doesn't mean I believe it.

Rogue Jedi
Just saying, geez...

Hunting skills don't have to help him here, I'm only stating that he has quite a few skills more than Marv.

I saw the ending to Predator 2, it was a cool movie, but even then I think Predator can take this.

You think Marv can beat him, I respect that, doesn't mean I believe it. Even though Marv is faster, stronger, more resourceful and WAY tougher than Glovers character?

Utrigita
Even though Marv is faster, stronger, more resourceful and WAY tougher than Glovers character?

And I'm sure that Marv in this contest will have the disc that Clovers had, I'm sure that in this fight Marv will fight a Predator that have had one hand cut off. In short PIS made the predator loss iirc Glover was pretty much retreating from the predator the entire time. The Predator that prior to that also basically had run straigt through several walls.

Sado22
well pred was surprised. he was pwning good ol' glover for the entire time until he got surprised.

Rogue Jedi
And I'm sure that Marv in this contest will have the disc that Clovers had, I'm sure that in this fight Marv will fight a Predator that have had one hand cut off. In short PIS made the predator loss iirc Glover was pretty much retreating from the predator the entire time. The Predator that prior to that also basically had run straigt through several walls.

Marv with the hatchet will be far deadlier than Glover with the scifi disc. The Preds aren't invincible, they bleed, they can be killed. They are flesh and bone, just like man is. Marv, as I said, is at LEAST ten times the fighter Glover was. And if the Pred lands a few blows, big deal, Marv seems to excel at taking a beating and keep coming back stronger.

When Marv was facing the cop assassination squad at the farm, he faces one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and NINE of them. He takes them out in like 30 seconds. They all had guns, all he had was a hatchet, and they couldn't touch him, he barely broke a sweat.

So yeah, Pred with no weapons against Marv with a hatchet= One dead ass Pred.

Dead Pred haermm

Utrigita
Marv with the hatchet will be far deadlier than Glover with the scifi disc. The Preds aren't invincible, they bleed, they can be killed. They are flesh and bone, just like man is. Marv, as I said, is at LEAST ten times the fighter Glover was. And if the Pred lands a few blows, big deal, Marv seems to excel at taking a beating and keep coming back stronger.

When Marv was facing the cop assassination squad at the farm, he faces one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and NINE of them. He takes them out in like 30 seconds. They all had guns, all he had was a hatchet, and they couldn't touch him, he barely broke a sweat.

So yeah, Pred with no weapons against Marv with a hatchet= One dead ass Pred.

Dead Pred haermm

I didn't see the famous Hatchet cutting through four ore five cadavers like it was butter, and then slice a fullgrown man in half, I didn't see the Hatchet nailing itself to the wall with ease. It doesn't really matter how many times Marv was a better fighter then Glover, ore should we try and see how many times arnold was a better fighter then Glover, and he still had to rely on a trap in order to defeat the Predator, which didn't kill it. Well so does the Predator, I find it hard to believe that Marv would take Five shootgun rounds at point blank range and come back for more, which the Predator did, and yeah Marv survived the electric Chair, but was in no condition to fight afterwards the Predator toke a Lightning Bolt and it didn't even faze it.

And the Predator in the second movie encounters 6 heavy armed trained agents that had everything on their side, and they died just like the Drugsellers did.

No one deadass Marv.

Rogue Jedi
I didn't see the famous Hatchet cutting through four ore five cadavers like it was butter, and then slice a fullgrown man in half, I didn't see the Hatchet nailing itself to the wall with ease. It doesn't really matter how many times Marv was a better fighter then Glover, ore should we try and see how many times arnold was a better fighter then Glover, and he still had to rely on a trap in order to defeat the Predator, which didn't kill it. Well so does the Predator, I find it hard to believe that Marv would take Five shootgun rounds at point blank range and come back for more, which the Predator did, and yeah Marv survived the electric Chair, but was in no condition to fight afterwards the Predator toke a Lightning Bolt and it didn't even faze it.

And the Predator in the second movie encounters 6 heavy armed trained agents that had everything on their side, and they died just like the Drugsellers did.

No one deadass Marv. Marv takes punishment, this is what he DOES. He takes it and takes it and takes it and always comes back stronger and more pissed off.

And yes, the hatchet would cut into a Pred jus as easy as it would a human. There is no evidence in the Pred movies that Preds have a hide that is any toughr than a human's, and we can see the hatchet splitting a mans head almost in two.

Watch the Pred fight h2h, it is SLOW. Marv is way faster. Brute strength? Well, of course the Pred has the advantage here, hence the addition of the hatchet. Two or three misses by the Pred, Marv slices him a few times, and the Pred is gonna go from hunter to prey.

And the agents the Preds took out were rubbish. Marv took out NINE cops (Looked like SWAT members) with only a hatchet, and THEY had automatic weapons. FAR more impressive.

Utrigita
Marv takes punishment, this is what he DOES. He takes it and takes it and takes it and always comes back stronger and more pissed off.

And yes, the hatchet would cut into a Pred jus as easy as it would a human. There is no evidence in the Pred movies that Preds have a hide that is any toughr than a human's, and we can see the hatchet splitting a mans head almost in two.

Watch the Pred fight h2h, it is SLOW. Marv is way faster. Brute strength? Well, of course the Pred has the advantage here, hence the addition of the hatchet. Two or three misses by the Pred, Marv slices him a few times, and the Pred is gonna go from hunter to prey.

And the agents the Preds took out were rubbish. Marv took out NINE cops (Looked like SWAT members) with only a hatchet, and THEY had automatic weapons. FAR more impressive.

He takes the Punisment dealt from human hands with a human level of strength, the Predator deals out far more damage with each punch given it's strength, and takes a lot more then marv have shown capable of substaining.

Except the fact that the Predator takes five shotgun slugs to the chest at point blank range and get up pretty pissed, the Drugdealers that Clover shoot in the opening required what? One max Two shoot each, so it's skin flesh whatever you would like to call it have shown asbeing more durable. The day you can prove that the Hatchet can cut straight through four ore five hanging cow bodies and a fullgrown man, I will begin to consider the two as being equals.

The Predator that have had it's one Hand cut off? Yes I'm sure that didn't effect it's performance. Except that the Predator have shown itself capable of taking quite a great amount of punisment and still be relative uneffected by it Marv would need alot more then just a few slices to even begin effect the predator.

Yeah and SWAT Members > Trained handpicked Agents with every advantage on their side right? The Predator toke out five and could easily have killed the last one if he wanted too. He however at the same time easily lifted one of them and threw him off his spear, before jumping with ease above the heads of them when one of them turned around to shoot at him.

jinXed by JaNx
Marv crushes the predator in a hand to hand fight. (no weapons what so ever)

If ahnold and danny glover were able to endure the Predators strength, Marv most certainly can. Marv doesn't feel pain, the Predator does. Marv takes bullets to the body and that doesn't even slow him down.

Rogue Jedi
He takes the Punisment dealt from human hands with a human level of strength, the Predator deals out far more damage with each punch given it's strength, and takes a lot more then marv have shown capable of substaining.Yeah thats bullshit. In the first Predator, the Pred is shot in the leg, remember? grazed, more like it. Well, it runs away like a ***** and uses a first aid kit to do surgery on it. Marv? shit. He would have MAYBE put a band aid on it.

Get off the Pred taking 5 slugs to the chest. It was out, down for the count, it only lived because Glover was an idiot who wanted to see it's face. Marv would have unloaded on him until the kill was confirmed.

Marv is a killer born, a few well placed slices in vital areas and the Pred would be bleeding to death.

And Marv has the strength to lift a man and more over his head, point?

Utrigita
Yeah thats bullshit. In the first Predator, the Pred is shot in the leg, remember? grazed, more like it. Well, it runs away like a ***** and uses a first aid kit to do surgery on it. Marv? shit. He would have MAYBE put a band aid on it.

Get off the Pred taking 5 slugs to the chest. It was out, down for the count, it only lived because Glover was an idiot who wanted to see it's face. Marv would have unloaded on him until the kill was confirmed.

Marv is a killer born, a few well placed slices in vital areas and the Pred would be bleeding to death.

And Marv has the strength to lift a man and more over his head, point?

The First Predator was obviously more concerned about his injuries then the second was. He likely patched himself up not to leave traces that could be found (like the blood on the leafes), It's vital for a hunter not to give any signs of being there before the strike, the blood would have left the predator from a Predatorian point of view in a badder position.

Yeah it was knocked out ore did it just wait? because it got up fine right afterwards what have Marv Showed that points to him being capable of taking that amount of punisment and still keep going? Sure he toke a slegde hammer to the head but he was really down for the count, and lets make a durability check, Marv takes the Electric Chair the Predator tanks a Lightning Bolt.

Good for Marv but Marv wasn't trained through his entire life to kill other species no matter who they were ore how advanced, he doesn't exactly have around 200 years of experience battling other species, whos nerve system and vital organs might differ entirely from the human specie. And it might have worked it it wasn't for the predator hardly bleeding from 1. it's cut of hand 2. the gun shoots 3. The wound left by the Disc.

When has he done it? I only recall Kevin jumping over his head.

Rogue Jedi
The First Predator was obviously more concerned about his injuries then the second was. He likely patched himself up not to leave traces that could be found (like the blood on the leafes), It's vital for a hunter not to give any signs of being there before the strike, the blood would have left the predator from a Predatorian point of view in a badder position.

Yeah it was knocked out ore did it just wait? because it got up fine right afterwards what have Marv Showed that points to him being capable of taking that amount of punisment and still keep going? Sure he toke a slegde hammer to the head but he was really down for the count, and lets make a durability check, Marv takes the Electric Chair the Predator tanks a Lightning Bolt.

Good for Marv but Marv wasn't trained through his entire life to kill other species no matter who they were ore how advanced, he doesn't exactly have around 200 years of experience battling other species, whos nerve system and vital organs might differ entirely from the human specie. And it might have worked it it wasn't for the predator hardly bleeding from 1. it's cut of hand 2. the gun shoots 3. The wound left by the Disc.

The Pred's blood was already spilt, it was obviously dressing the wound because it affected it's performance. It was wounded, and, like a human, required medical attention.

You are missing the point, Marv takes severe punishment on a more frequent basis than the Pred does.

The Pred has trained to HUNT humans, HUNT. It is trained to kill with its WEAPONS.

Dude, watch Sin City again, I can recall Marv holding a guy right out in front of him and dunking him in a toilet over and over. He displays feats of strength that are mind blowing.

Utrigita
The Pred's blood was already spilt, it was obviously dressing the wound because it affected it's performance. It was wounded, and, like a human, required medical attention.

You are missing the point, Marv takes severe punishment on a more frequent basis than the Pred does.

The Pred has trained to HUNT humans, HUNT. It is trained to kill with its WEAPONS.

Dude, watch Sin City again, I can recall Marv holding a guy right out in front of him and dunking him in a toilet over and over. He displays feats of strength that are mind blowing.

That is your opinion but based on how the Predator in the second movie frankly didn't care well, I would say that the opposite option is more likely.

And I think you are missing my point, that even though the Predator doesn't take alot of damage the amount of damage it have taken this far, and still being capable of fighting, is above the extend to the Punisment Marv has taken.

And basically hunt everything else, the skulls that the Predator showed didn't just originate out of the thin air did they? If you noticed it when facing off against opponents that they judge "worthy" the predator will often lay down it weapons and fight hand to hand like it did against Arnolds character (doesn't recall it using it's wristblade against him during the last encounter)

I don't recall him being in the air, I recall him being on the ground and then Marv dunking his head into the Toilet. And it still isn't quite the same as lifting a man and throwing him away from a point where his weight works more against you.

Rogue Jedi
That is your opinion but based on how the Predator in the second movie frankly didn't care well, I would say that the opposite option is more likely.

And I think you are missing my point, that even though the Predator doesn't take alot of damage the amount of damage it have taken this far, and still being capable of fighting, is above the extend to the Punisment Marv has taken.

And basically hunt everything else, the skulls that the Predator showed didn't just originate out of the thin air did they? If you noticed it when facing off against opponents that they judge "worthy" the predator will often lay down it weapons and fight hand to hand like it did against Arnolds character (doesn't recall it using it's wristblade against him during the last encounter)

I don't recall him being in the air, I recall him being on the ground and then Marv dunking his head into the Toilet. And it still isn't quite the same as lifting a man and throwing him away from a point where his weight works more against you.

I am saying the consistency of Marv's punishment out weighs one or two instances of being hurt.

Yeah, and Arnold killed him, and Marv would surely kill Arnold's character, Do the math.

There is a scene where Marv shoves a guys face into a brick wall so hard the bricks shatter, leaving an impression of the guys face. The toilet scene, Marv is holding the guy in midair, using only his arms. In the cell at the farm, dude, he rips the bars outta the wall with his bare hands.

What more do you want?

Utrigita
I am saying the consistency of Marv's punishment out weighs one or two instances of being hurt.

Yeah, and Arnold killed him, and Marv would surely kill Arnold's character, Do the math.

There is a scene where Marv shoves a guys face into a brick wall so hard the bricks shatter, leaving an impression of the guys face. The toilet scene, Marv is holding the guy in midair, using only his arms. In the cell at the farm, dude, he rips the bars outta the wall with his bare hands.

What more do you want?

I would say the durability that the Predator overall has shown outweights Marvs showings, again the most clear example of their individual durability, Marv takes the Electric Chair one time, before he dies, (that is below 2000 volts) The Predator takes a lightning Bolt which discharges one gigavolt (one thousand million volts) for every 300 meter it travels so the predator I think it's fair safe to say got hit by something that far exceeds the maximum that Marv was shown to take.

He killed him because of the trap that was set by Arnold until that point well do the math.

And the Predator stays at the top of the subway train, the Predator as previous shown just "swip" a man to the roof and leaves him hanging, The Predator lifts a man without problems in the same instance throws him as well, the Predator runs through several walls in a apartment blok, The Predator lifts Arnolds Character with one hand while examing his skull with the same. One Predator holds two Aliens at bay by lifting them by the throat.

What more do you want?

Robtard
This H2H or do they have weapons now? If so, which weapons exactly?

Darth Martin
Yautja owns. Stronger, more durable, lightyears ahead in skill, and loves to fight.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
This H2H or do they have weapons now? If so, which weapons exactly? From the opening post it has been Marv with the hatchet from the farm, and the Pred unarmed.

Robtard
From the opening post it has been Marv with the hatchet from the farm, and the Pred unarmed.

In that case, I think Marv has shown enough insane durability to survive long enough to hack the Predator to pieces.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
In that case, I think Marv has shown enough insane durability to survive long enough to hack the Predator to pieces. Insane doesnt begin to describe it.

jinXed by JaNx

Dude, by all accounts. The Predators training and purpose should always guarantee them a victory but regardless of their experience and training they ALWAYS LOSE, unless they are battling Aliens and even then, they end up losing a majority of the time.

The Predators training meant dick when he fought Ahnold and an old frail Danny Glover.

In a hand to hand fight, there is absolutely nothing that a Predator can do to Marv. Their training that you speak of is always focused around their technology. They have NEVER displayed an impressive account of hand to hand fighting. They rely only on their brute strength in these scenario's. Marv has uber strength and a much higher constitution than the Predators. Marv absorbs bullets while running and leaps into oncoming cars without flinching.

Jedi makes a good point. IN the first Predator movie. The Pred is hit with just one bullet and he retreats to heal himself. At this point his existence and capabilities are still unknown to the humans. He could have taken out that entire unit while they were firing blindly into the forest. Yet, he had to go heal himself after taking one bullet to the leg.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm....Mhm......Indeed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.