Spider-Man runs the Matrix guantlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Assume that Spider-Man finds his way into the Matrix(thinks it's regular NYC) but retains all of his normal abilities. He is neither weakened nor strengthened. He is fully rested and healed between matches. He has his standard red and blue costume. All fights take place inside a train station unless specified. How far can he get?

1. 10 Standard Cops: Glock's 19's, batons.
2. Neo(The Matrix/Dojo Sequence "I Know Kung Fu"wink *H2H* No webbing. Inside a dojo.
3. 12 S.W.A.T. officers: Assortment of Shotguns, Glock 19's, MP5's, and tear gas.
4. Agent Smith(The Matrix): Desert Eagle
5. Morpheus and Trinity(Revolutions): Glock 18 and Katana for Morpheus. Trinity gets duel Beretta 9mm's.
6. 3 Upgraded Agents(Reloaded): Desert Eagle's
7. Neo(Reloaded): *No flying*

Rogue Jedi
Smith rapes Spidey. Very violently.

Scythe
What is it with the Matrix being used so much?

Anyways, he'd take on the ten cops, if it's supposed to happen, his powers wouldn't work, unless they have to, Neo would think him away, he is the Matrix.

Sado22
Spidey pwns given that this is not the look-at-me-i-can-poke-you-and-become-me Smith or the neo-wannabe Smith of revolutions. Trinity and Morpheus are lame. Spidey is superfast and superstrong and he's a genius. besides, Lamepheus and Trinity barely had any feats even in the matrix itself and whatever they did Spidey can pretty much do without using the matrix.
Agents will give him trouble but they are dumb machines at the end of the day. i don't think they were counting on web balls and all that. on top of that Spidey has insane endurance especially with blunt force trauma (taking repeated bigass hammer shots from Sandman). Agents don't hit THAT hard.

1. police officers, no chance. Spidey 10/10
2. Kung fu Neo, no chance. still not that great and wasted too much time doing ornate movements that ending up with him getting punched in the face. and what did he do that Spidey cant? nothing. Spidey 8/10.
3. Swat teams. no chance. he does these things every day. Spidey 10/10
4. Agent Smith. tough fight but Spidey can take him. as long as Smith is coming back from other bodies, Spidey can smack him around badly. super fast reflexes, super strength and spidersense. Spidey wins 8/10.
5. Morpheus and Trinity. Spidey Shitstomp 10/10
6. Upgraded Agents. a little trouble but Spidey can take on worse at bad odds. he took on Sandman and Venom on his own and did okay. Agents got nothing on him. Spidey 7/10
7. Neo. about the only guy whole make Spidey work for it. 5/10

Placidity
He gets up to 6. I don't think he can take Reloaded Neo, who made hundreds of Smiths look like street level thugs.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Scythe
What is it with the Matrix being used so much? It rarely ever used.

Originally posted by Scythe
Anyways, he'd take on the ten cops, if it's supposed to happen, his powers wouldn't work, unless they have to, Neo would think him away, he is the Matrix. The second match is Neo after he says to Morpheus, "I know Kung-Fu". So instead of Neo fighting Morpheus, he takes on Spider-Man.

And Neo is restricted from "thinking" opponents away in this thread. He only retains his superhuman stats and telekenesis. No flying, decoding, thinking away or anything like that.

And what do you mean "if it's supposed to happen"?

Placidity
Originally posted by Darth Martin

And Neo is restricted from "thinking" opponents away in this thread. He

Doesn't have that ability and has never shown it anyway.

Rogue Jedi
I seriously doubt Spidey would be able to keep up with Agent Smith.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I seriously doubt Spidey would be able to keep up with Agent Smith. Agent Smith as he is in the subway scene in Matrix (1) he could obviously take.

Rogue Jedi
Well Agent Smith is like the boss agent right? He is faster and a better fighter than the rest, right?

Utrigita
As I see it he takes on one, two and three without to many problems, but he stops dead cold at Smith. (is the Train arriving?)

Bardock42
Well Agent Smith is like the boss agent right? He is faster and a better fighter than the rest, right? I actually don't think so, but either way nothing compared to Spider-Man's abilities.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
I actually don't think so, but either way nothing compared to Spider-Man's abilities. OK, lets talk regular agents, in this case, "upgraded" agents. On the rooftop battle in the matrix, Neo unloads on an agent (not an upgraded one), and while the agent is dodging the bullets, he is a mere blur. Spidey doesnt move that fast, no way no how.

Bardock42
Yeah, dunno if he could take 3 agents. Just pretty sure he can beat Smith in the first movie.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, dunno if he could take 3 agents. Just pretty sure he can beat Smith in the first movie. Well, isn't it obvious that if Smith is the boss agent, he is better than the regular agents?

Bardock42
Well, isn't it obvious that if Smith is the boss agent, he is better than the regular agents? He isn't the "boss agent" (a) and it's not a given that he is better than 3 "upgraded" agents (b).

Rogue Jedi
He isn't the "boss agent" (a) and it's not a given that he is better than 3 "upgraded" agents (b). No, I am comparing Smith's speed to the regular agents speed.

Utrigita
Well based on how Neo react to the new agents I would say that Smith in his old form isn't better then the upgraded ones, however I'm still not sure on how exactly you plan on having Spiderman win against smith in the subway, does it all come down to Spidermans use of his spidersense?

Bardock42
No, I am comparing Smith's speed to the regular agents speed.

I don't think there's any indication that he is better. Surely not "far better".

Rogue Jedi
I don't think there's any indication that he is better. Surely not "far better". Well, I'd wager that Smith is at least as fast as they are.

Bardock42
Well, I'd wager that Smith is at least as fast as they are.

Y-yes. Glad we "figured that out".

Originally posted by Utrigita
Well based on how Neo react to the new agents I would say that Smith in his old form isn't better then the upgraded ones, however I'm still not sure on how exactly you plan on having Spiderman win against smith in the subway, does it all come down to Spidermans use of his spidersense?

It would be part in it. But his superior speed, strength and additional abilities...will be more important.

Rogue Jedi
Y-yes. Glad we "figured that out".

OK then. The agent on the rooftop dodging Neo's bullets, Spidey is never shown moving that fast.

Bardock42
OK then. The agent on the rooftop dodging Neo's bullets, Spidey is never shown moving that fast.

Yeah, but the Agents are never shown to have that speed in a fight.

Scythe
Originally posted by Darth Martin
It rarely ever used.

The second match is Neo after he says to Morpheus, "I know Kung-Fu". So instead of Neo fighting Morpheus, he takes on Spider-Man.

And Neo is restricted from "thinking" opponents away in this thread. He only retains his superhuman stats and telekenesis. No flying, decoding, thinking away or anything like that.

And what do you mean "if it's supposed to happen"?

My mistake, I must be thinking of the titanic Luke Vs Neo thread which gave us all enough serving of The Matrix.

Well, if we're limiting Neo so much, I'd wager he could make it all the way to fight number six, he might beat Morphues and Trinity, maybe.

Utrigita
It would be part in it. But his superior speed, strength and additional abilities...will be more important.

Speed, Running from A-B ore punching speed? Ore Agility, which from my point of view Smith would claim. Strength possibly I don't recall alot of strength feats from Smith except throwing Neo so hard that he made a dent in the concrete, and punching through it. Now I recall spiderman holding something extremely heavy up in the first movie but I frankly don't recall, since it's a long time since I watched it. The Durability I would give Smith however.

Robtard
Speed, Running from A-B ore punching speed? Ore Agility, which from my point of view Smith would claim. Strength possibly I don't recall alot of strength feats from Smith except throwing Neo so hard that he made a dent in the concrete, and punching through it. Now I recall spiderman holding something extremely heavy up in the first movie but I frankly don't recall, since it's a long time since I watched it. The Durability I would give Smith however.

Speed/Reaction-time, watch the Flash fight scene, he shows beyond amazing abilities.

Agility, when Doc Ock tosses him airborne towards the gated overpass while they're fighting on the train, within a second Spider-man takes in his environment and contorts himself so he flies harmlessly through the gates.

Durability, he took several over-hand body poundings from a gigantic Sandman and was still able to perform afterwards.

Utrigita
I can read that I need to watch Spiderman 2 and 3 again.

However the first one leave me a little confused. "Flash fight scene" is it in the third movie?

Robtard
ceyUVcMcQP0

Keep in mind, this is Peter just learning about his abilities.

Utrigita
That scene okay was thinking some DC Marvel cartoon thing, one thing however, those are human hands being dodged, not bullets.

Robtard
That scene okay was thinking some DC Marvel cartoon thing, one thing however, those are human hands being dodged, not bullets.

Did you notice the "oh what?" moment when he dodges a punch, the spit-wad and (especially) the fly's wings? That scene was depicting his point of view in regards to his reaction-time.

He was also shot at in the second movie, while the thieves were fleeing in the convertible Lincoln; he easily avoided those bullets.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you notice the spit-wad and (especially) the fly's wings?

He was also shot at in the second movie, while the thieves were fleeing in the convertible Lincoln, he easily avoided those bullets.

I did, it shows that he can pick up danger being transfered to other then himself down to a very small biological lifeform.

Again need to go rewatch, but if I recall correctly we wasn't just standing still on the ground dodging, but fair enough I know I'm grasping at straws at the moment.

Placidity
Strength

- Spider-man has plenty of strength feats going for him and I've talked about them over many of the Spider-man related topics, so I really cbs listing them again. But I think most people is aware of his incredible strength anyway (e.g stopping the train).

- Smith on the other hand, does not really have any strength feats to speak of, and the ones he does have, really pale in comparison to what we've seen Spider-man do.

Speed

- Spiderman over the 3 movies has shown some very good feats including the Flash fight scene, fighting Doc Ock etc. He has shown to be consistently fast in his fights and reaction time.

- Smith has his few moments of speed, but he has only shown to use it when dodging bullets (and also one instance during the subway fight, but never again). This is true even for the "Upgraded" agents. While doing this special speed move, he is indeed much faster than Spider-man, but given that it's something he can't do all the time, I'd give Spider-man the overall speed advantage. If the agents could move like that all the time, then the fights between agents and the rebels shouldn't last more than a second, and yet they do, and they don't use it during H2H fights...

Then there's also that Spider-sense, which may nullify any speed advantage (not that there is any) that the agents have.

Also a very important comparison would be Smith being killed by the train in the subway station. In an almost exactly the same situation, Spiderman is punched (by Sandman) onto the train tracks with an oncoming train. In this instance, Spider-man may have even less time to respond, yet his speed and agility allows him to escape death comfortably.

Durability

Spider-man is the outright winner in this department in my opinion. His arms has endured a tension force from stopping the train that surely would've ripped Smith's arms off. He also recovers very quickly from blows from opponents as strong or stronger than he is. Imagine this, who between Spider-man and Agent Smith would survive a full powered punch from Venom to the head? Or constantly being pounded by a giant Sandman, who's fist must have weighed many tonnes? Its like having a bus (maybe I'm understating...well at least something as heavy as a bus, thats just the weight of the fist, doesn't factor in Sandman's strength) dropped on you over and over again.

Other Advantages:

Pro Spider-man: Spider-man is also extremely agile, and will not fight like normal Martial Artists. He will have a style similar to Yoda's fight vs Doku where he is jumping around, sticking to ceilings etc.

Pro Spider-man: Spider-man also has webbing, which Smith has no counter to.

Pro Smith: Smith has presumably, like the Rebels, programmed every known martial art and skill into him.

. . .

Verdict

Overall, I would give Spider-man a dominating win.

Robtard
I did, it shows that he can pick up danger being transfered to other then himself down to a very small biological lifeform.

Again need to go rewatch, but if I recall correctly we wasn't just standing still on the ground dodging, but fair enough I know I'm grasping at straws at the moment.
What? That scene was to depict his abilities in regards to his speed and reaction-time, he's so fast/aware during a fight that the world literally slows down around him from his point of view.

He was swinging towards them and doing his acrobatic-shit. From a dodging bullets standpoint, the Agent's scene was probably more impressive though.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Robtard
What? That scene was to depict his abilities in regards to his speed and reaction-time, he's so fast/aware during a fight that the world literally slows down around him from his point of view.

He was swinging towards them and doing his acrobatic-shit. From a dodging bullets standpoint, the Agent's scene was probably more impressive though.

Well I thought you more wanted his ability to pick up danger, which iirc makes him such a good crimefighter, he picks up the crimes because his spidersense picks up when other then himself is in danger. But I can see you point however, the moment from he became aware of Flash fist and until he reacted the time was very minimum, a node to his agility however I believe in Spiderman 1, 2 and 3 that if the opponent is fast enough he can hit him.

Agreed.

Robtard
The Spider-sense only alerts him to danger in regards to his own person, it's like an early warning system, I believe.

He was hit by Doc Ock when he logically shouldn't have been, then again, they have to make a movie. It also stands to reason that he abides and is held in check by 'Uncle Ben's Law', ie "with great power comes great responsibility", so he constsantly holds back his powers as not to kill someone.

From what he's shown doing in the movies and going all out with no hero's code to restrain him, he could easily make it to 6 and possibly 7, though he'd never win 7.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, but the Agents are never shown to have that speed in a fight. Use common sense. WHY would they NOT have that speed in a fight? If they can move that fast dodging bullets, wouldnt they use it if need be in a fight?

Bardock42
Use common sense. WHY would they NOT have that speed in a fight? If they can move that fast dodging bullets, wouldnt they use it if need be in a fight?

You didn't understand the movie at all, did you? no expression

Scythe
You didn't understand the movie at all, did you? no expression

Not a lot of people did...

Rogue Jedi
You didn't understand the movie at all, did you? no expression By all means, break it down for me smile

If not, then get to the point.

Sado22
Neo: there is no spider
Spidey: wtf?

Rogue Jedi
He'd never make it to Neo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.