Nick Drake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prabhodh
He's a singer-songwriter who had a very short career; only active for about 3 years.

Albums: Five Leaves Left, Bryter Layter, Pink Moon.

He's not very popular, probably because he hasn't got a very big catalogue. I've tried to get so many of my friends into it, but didn't succeed with many...

Try out 'Man in a shed', 'Poor Boy' and 'Pink moon'

And for those who do know this guy, what do you think?

RedAlertv2
Only heard "Pink Moon." I like it but I'm yet to listen to any of his other work

Prabhodh
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
Only heard "Pink Moon." I like it but I'm yet to listen to any of his other work

That's probably his most popular song... It was used in some commercial.

soulkat9
One of my favorites!

Prabhodh
Originally posted by soulkat9
One of my favorites!

Cool!

What are some your fav. songs and how did you find out about him?

MildPossession
I have all three of his albums and adore his music, one of my all time favourites. I recommend the book Darker Than the Deepest Sea: The Search for Nick Drake by Trevor Dann. Nick Drake: The Biography by Patrick Humphries is worth the read too but I didn't enjoy it as much as Dunn's book.

Things Behind the Sun is my favourite song by the man, off the album Pink Moon.

Mudbug
Pink Moon is a classic album.

MildPossession
I prefer the other two.

Prabhodh
Pink Moon is friggin haunting, man... just his melancholic voice and a acoustic guitar (except for that little piano overdub)....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.