Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen Trailer & Discussion *Possible Spoiler Orgy*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.



Scythe
Film is approaching pretty fast, and I managed to find the trailer a little earlier, enjoy.

QAujq_F_AD0

This is where we'll discuss the new Revenge of the Fallen film.

So far it looks pretty cool. Lot's of Decepticon action, we see Sam coming back, poor ole Optimus getting punched in the face and what looks like Starscream about to carve Sam, hope it happens.

Toward the end, it almost looks like Constructicons of a holy shit calibur, those bitches are huge, didja see them? So far from this small trailer, we see the film getting in on the revenge plot in heavy doses, this film might end up with a down note rather than a happy ending. I'll post more info as I find it.

Sadako of Girth
Have you read the leaked script yet...?

That may be Devastator, which would suck beyond belief even by Bay standards.
(yet it also may be one if Soundwave's posse also.)

Looks like Prime is in there clinging on for dear life.

Sadako of Girth
Other sources are saying that its one of the constructicons.

Based on a massive digger.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2965981

Kayakat
Originally posted by Scythe
Film is approaching pretty fast, and I managed to find the trailer a little earlier, enjoy.

QAujq_F_AD0

This is where we'll discuss the new Revenge of the Fallen film.

So far it looks pretty cool. Lot's of Decepticon action, we see Sam coming back, poor ole Optimus getting punched in the face and what looks like Starscream about to carve Sam, hope it happens.

Toward the end, it almost looks like Constructicons of a holy shit calibur, those bitches are huge, didja see them? So far from this small trailer, we see the film getting in on the revenge plot in heavy doses, this film might end up with a down note rather than a happy ending. I'll post more info as I find it.
Well to me the trailer looks awesome, i can't wait to go see it!

I hope its as good as the first movie or even better!

Is it me or does Sam look less like a wimp then he did in the first movie hmm i know its just a 30sec trailer but still doesn't he?

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Have you read the leaked script yet...?

That may be Devastator, which would suck beyond belief even by Bay standards.
(yet it also may be one if Soundwave's posse also.)

Looks like Prime is in there clinging on for dear life.

No, I haven't read anything yet. I'm planning to just wait till the movie comes. As for me, I'm sorta glad there isn't a gigantic green and purple Constructicon machine, that would look so out of place.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Other sources are saying that its one of the constructicons.

Based on a massive digger.

http://www.joblo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2965981

Crazy. We'll see what's up as the movie approaches.

Originally posted by Kayakat
Well to me the trailer looks awesome, i can't wait to go see it!

I hope its as good as the first movie or even better!

Is it me or does Sam look less like a wimp then he did in the first movie hmm i know its just a 30sec trailer but still doesn't he?

Haha, yeah, Sam does look like he might suck less, but oh well, here's hoping he's inside Optimus while he transforms!

Sadako of Girth
Heheheheheeee.

Squidge. stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Kayakat


I hope its as good as the first movie or even better!

Is it me or does Sam look less like a wimp then he did in the first movie hmm i know its just a 30sec trailer but still doesn't he?


That wouldn't be too hard! stick out tongue
From what I read in the online leaked script, it will be, featuring more proper TFs mythology and more TF character time rather than human pointlessness. Which is a step in the right direction.

He could be called "Mary the lollypop girl" and would still be tougher than the 'annoying wet git' performance that we had to put up with in the last movie.

Meanwhile, Megan Fox is in tight leather.
Im happy. smile

Cloudzor
lol, that ******* soldier is in it again? rotfl give me a break.... will probably watch it cause i'm a transformers whore sad still, have a feeling this movie is going in the wrong direction again

Kayakat
Originally posted by Scythe
No, I haven't read anything yet. I'm planning to just wait till the movie comes. As for me, I'm sorta glad there isn't a gigantic green and purple Constructicon machine, that would look so out of place.



Crazy. We'll see what's up as the movie approaches.



Haha, yeah, Sam does look like he might suck less, but oh well, here's hoping he's inside Optimus while he transforms!
Hahaha now thats something i'd like to see! stick out tongue

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That wouldn't be too hard! stick out tongue
From what I read in the online leaked script, it will be, featuring more proper TFs mythology and more TF character time rather than human pointlessness. Which is a step in the right direction.

He could be called "Mary the lollypop girl" and would still be tougher than the 'annoying wet git' performance that we had to put up with in the last movie.

Meanwhile, Megan Fox is in tight leather.
Im happy. smile
I don't wanna read leaked scripts, i'd rather wait for the movie to come out yes that way you get the full expirience

Sadako of Girth
Well ya kinda get that too when you watch them movie later.

(Usually when the script is just a big fat synopsis like the one that went about, theres plenty in the movie that wasnt in the outline and you get to be surprised there and then. There was very very little dialogue written even at that stage.)

FistOfThe North
Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Sith

Sadako of Girth
Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Shit

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Shit

I see what you did there, hahaha.

Sadako of Girth
Gotta love anagrams.

Scythe
Sideswipe has been confirmed to be a Corvette, it looks neat imo.

Sadako of Girth
Yeh, but no Sunstreaker..?

SpaceMonkey
I want Sideswipe!!!

Anyone else thinks it weird how they're just ignoring the fact that there was another guy named Devastator in part one?

FistOfThe North
i hear dumbass Grimlock's gonna be in it..Or cameo in it or something like that....

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
I want Sideswipe!!!

Anyone else thinks it weird how they're just ignoring the fact that there was another guy named Devastator in part one?

Yep.
Well we dont know what the gestault sum of the constructicons might be named yet. But it was Bays ignoring who was who and generally not giving a flying f**k the subject matter at hand, that was responsible for the confusion in the first place.

SpaceMonkey
What else can they call him, Constructo?

Sadako of Girth
Well judging by the levels of disregard for accuracy of naming on display in the first one, we'll be lucky if he isnt called 'Wheelie'.
sick

Anti-Monitor
http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8072

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8070

Sadako of Girth
Looks like "Devastator" has a mode where his head is a wheel, then.. judging by that that pic + the trailer.

According to the leaked script.... That other one standing on the pyramid is meant to be Jetfire... sick

nimbus006
Remember guys, Bay said he was going to purposely leak misleading information to keep people on their feet.

Sadako, what's so wrong with Jetfire?

Scythe
Yeah, a lot of false info was given out to mislead people, that's why I'm just gonna wait till I see the movie to start forming any sort of opinion. I'm excited about it, and I'm sure stores weill get plenty of toys for sale that will show each bot's modes.

Sadako of Girth
I aint dissing Jetfire.

Oh no...

Jetfire is one of my favorite characters.... smile
(I even bought the classics universe version figure)

However, I dont like this design treatment they given him.
Spindley geek looking thing.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I aint dissing Jetfire.

Oh no...

Jetfire is one of my favorite characters.... smile
(I even bought the classics universe version figure)

However, I dont like this design treatment they given him.
Spindley geek looking thing.

That might not be Jetfire though, give it time, everyone is saying it's The Fallen or whatever.

Sadako of Girth
Then hopefully they'll change then at the last minute.
Been hearing that this is Jetfire all the way.

The Fallen figure is way different looking. Much squarer, boxier solid looking design and the head looks like the one on the poster..

Besides the synopsis says That the Autobots and Decepticons are at the pyramids to retrive Jetfire, who came here long ago in the days of the Incas, Mayans etc.

This would account for why the picture has him standing on a Pyramid.

But like you say, hopefully if we give it time it may transpire that they saw sense in time not to do this yet again to yet another great character. But sadly I feel that Bay will prevail with his rapery skills. sad

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by nimbus006
Remember guys, Bay said he was going to purposely leak misleading information to keep people on their feet.


That could be misinformation itself.

The more we know, closer to the release of the film, the script outline looks more and more real. (Unless he released a fake trailer).

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Then hopefully they'll change then at the last minute.
Been hearing that this is Jetfire all the way.

The Fallen figure is way different looking. Much squarer, boxier solid looking design and the head looks like the one on the poster..

Besides the synopsis says That the Autobots and Decepticons are at the pyramids to retrive Jetfire, who came here long ago in the days of the Incas, Mayans etc.

This would account for why the picture has him standing on a Pyramid.

But like you say, hopefully if we give it time it may transpire that they saw sense in time not to do this yet again to yet another great character. But sadly I feel that Bay will prevail with his rapery skills. sad

Yeah, it could also be Jetfire in his Cybertronian form.

nimbus006
So, the new Teaser Trailer is out.

Here it is:

http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/1...standardformat/

What do you guys think?

I think it's good for what it is, a teaser. It did exactly what a teaser sets out to do which is give you a very small taste of things to come. I really couldn't make out much of what was going on. Granted, the resolution on my PC is pretty bad, but still, I liked what I saw.

A few observations:

-Bumblebee looks incredibly badass.

-The fireballs seem to be Autobots/Decepticons arriving on Earth.

-When the Audi breaks through the building, you can see what appears to be Arcee chasing close behind.

-There are going to be an enormous number of TF's in this movie, and the Autobots seem to be outnumbered once again.

Other thoughts?

Scythe
That link won't show the sneak peek, is it the same one I posted on page 1?

Sadako of Girth
Sounds exactly like events in the script. And if so, the comet stuff'll be Soundwave's posse coming to retrieve Megatron from his watery grave....

Scythe
Nevermind, I got it. It's an extended trailer which depicts a bit more than the Superbowl trailer.

Oj3gzQG7QvU

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
Yeah, it could also be Jetfire in his Cybertronian form.

Still, his robot form would still look like that. Hes a Blackbird type plane and is kinda spindly as a result.


Also. I think that the "the fallen" in question is Megatron.
That I think is where the misinformation comes in.

Cause the character of "The fallen" isnt even mentioned in the script. Whereas it seems to be a two faction civil war among the deceps: Starscream's lot against Soundwave's Megatron-loyal faction.
They race to earth to retrieve Megatron and to get the Creation Matrix.

The daytime city footage of the comets hitting may be of Ultra Magnus and Hotrod's autobot posse arriving, I think.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Still, his robot form would still look like that. Hes a Blackbird type plane and is kinda spindly as a result.


Also. I think that the "the fallen" in question is Megatron.
That I think is where the misinformation comes in.

Cause the character of "The fallen" isnt even mentioned in the script. Whereas it seems to be a two faction civil war among the deceps: Starscream's lot against Soundwave's Megatron-loyal faction.
They race to earth to retrieve Megatron and to get the Creation Matrix.

The daytime city footage of the comets hitting may be of Ultra Magnus and Hotrod's autobot posse arriving, I think.


I thought so too, perhaps The Fallen is Megatron.

Also: Dude, Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod are gonna be in this movie??

Sadako of Girth
Yep. Hotrod is apparently the cross between Jazz and Ironhide seen transforming in the alley in the trailer, nothing seen of Magnus yet.
They feature prominently in the script.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yep. Hotrod is apparently the cross between Jazz and Ironhide seen transforming in the alley in the trailer, nothing seen of Magnus yet.
They feature prominently in the script.

That is awesome!

Sadako of Girth
Yeah I would have thought so too. But again the TF designs are poo, so it diminishes the coolness somewhat. Im gutted about Devastator.

Scythe
Haha, well just having him onscreen is cool for me. It'll never be G1 Ultra Magnus.

Sadako of Girth
It'll be worth a look for sure. Apparently he is a same model as Prime with trailer configuration too.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
It'll be worth a look for sure. Apparently he is a same model as Prime with trailer configuration too.

Awesome, just awesome. Aside from Nemesis Prime, Magnus has always been my fave.

nimbus006
New exclusive footage of the vehicles used for the TF's Sidewipe, Jolt, Mudflap, and Skids can be found on this site:

http://www.gm.com/experience/autoshows-events/autobots/index.html

nimbus006
Check this out:

http://www.risestudio.com/javier/devastator.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Just linked that for ya, its sweet and needs seeing. stick out tongue
http://www.risestudio.com/javier/devastator.jpg

If only....If onnnnnlllllllllllly.

Sadako of Girth
I wouldnt be too surprised if script "Hot Rod" has now become renamed Sideswipe...

That looks like a stingray. An insult that the Baymovie character Trax/Tracks isnt it, instead of Sideswipe.

Sadako of Girth
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=11000&pic=transformers-revenge-of-the+fallen+(12).jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

I was right.

Scythe
That Constructicon looks sweet. I wouldn't mind the movie looking like that.

Scythe
Originally posted by nimbus006
New exclusive footage of the vehicles used for the TF's Sidewipe, Jolt, Mudflap, and Skids can be found on this site:

http://www.gm.com/experience/autoshows-events/autobots/index.html

Thanks.

Kazenji
That Devestator looks good with it all in 3D and yet Bay can't accomplish that...

Scythe
Yeah, I would've loved to see Starscream with a human face, smirking.

Kazenji
Who knows maybe someone in a few years might have another crack at Transformers and get it right.

Kazenji
Not sure if it has been posted but here's the second trailer for the movie

dmgbbGJW6ZE

nimbus006
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I wouldnt be too surprised if script "Hot Rod" has now become renamed Sideswipe...

That looks like a stingray. An insult that the Baymovie character Trax/Tracks isnt it, instead of Sideswipe.

Im not following you... Trax is just the name of the concept car, not the actual Transformer. I think it's Skids. Sideswipe is the Corvette.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Just linked that for ya, its sweet and needs seeing. stick out tongue
http://www.risestudio.com/javier/devastator.jpg

If only....If onnnnnlllllllllllly.

Nice... thanks!!!

nimbus006
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
http://tformers.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=11000&pic=transformers-revenge-of-the+fallen+(12).jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

I was right.

About what?

Sadako of Girth
That Sideswipe is the flashy 'vette-stingrayish looking silver car, not Hot Rod.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
Not sure if it has been posted but here's the second trailer for the movie

dmgbbGJW6ZE

Thank you Kazenji. What's with that little housefly Sam has in his hands? Is that an Insecticon?

Sadako of Girth
Unlikely unless they either stay that size, or mass shifting has been introduced... WHich, if they dont blow the opportunity, they could if they go with the explaination that they maintain in the script that when the allspark was destroyed the energy dissipated all over earth, then the TFs on it might be able to do the mass shift thing like ithe allspark cube used to be able to.

If they did that, it might go some way to redeeming BayTFs a little.
But apparently other things like the pretenders, which were never fu*king cool in the first place are getting screen time here, unfortunately, which might counter act any attempts to make this a cool TFs movie)

Scythe
I see. Whichever is the most modern way, will be the path chosen.

Sadako of Girth
I bet that real Devastator (above), would kick Bay Movie Devastator's ass assembly into oblivion.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
I bet that real Devastator (above), would kick Bay Movie Devastator's ass assembly into oblivion.

But, wouldn't that Devastator have a hard time moving? He looks just like the action figure, meaning his limbs have only a set amount of movement.

Sadako of Girth
He'd obviously be jointed with the all the little connectors that the toy didnt have.

They never moved like the toy in the comic or cartoons... Cause the TFs were more complicated physically than their compartively minute toy versions.

Scythe
Haha, I'd always imagine that if Bay did do TF's like that one, he would make the joints just like the toys had.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah.... he has demonstrated f**ktard imagination skills.

He just wanted his own trademarked designs.

Scythe
Pretty much. However, this movie universe is alright imo, I'd watch the movies and whatnot simply because it's completely different than G1.

Sadako of Girth
Well the Optimus Prime I knew wasnt a JarJar like goof stumbling in gardens hiding from parents and excusing himself with braindead statements like "My bad". That is why the mvie sucked. The lack of respect for the characters overall. Instead you get a movie about Hot chicks, Anthony Anderson, Shia Lebouf's awkward teen problems..and the military....occasionally you get some characters turn up who shared the name of much beloved characters, who now totally against the character's nature, tortures humans for information by pissing hot oil on them.... shifty That loses me alllllll sympathy for that version of Bumblebee when he is tortured.

Its a bad movie for so many more reasons that its non-g1ness.


May the second be MUCH better....

But given Devastator has f***ing monocycle wheels on the firm, its not the best start.

Scythe
Haha, that's quite a mouthful. I'm sure this next one might be abit better. I'm hoping like the Empire Strikes Back of the TF's trilogy, I hope this film ends on a bad note, and a downright downer for all the good guys.

vandalworks
my thoughts about the first film were very much a rollercoaster. everytime the effects kicked in i thought it was the best film ever made. every time the transformers talked or there was a humanity overload, it was horrible to watch.

the transformers werent in it nearly enough for my liking, the original way it was done was all about the transformers and them adapting to earth. this, seems how its humanitys adapating to them. which is completely wrong. i'm not too enamoured with bays story either, its not as alien to g1 as some may think, as not all the g1 story was ever detailed in the cartoon. however it why change it if you cant improve it?

i have seen a qoute from nay and he has said that the robots will get more character, which is something, and the effects look absolutely amazing.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, that's quite a mouthful. I'm sure this next one might be abit better. I'm hoping like the Empire Strikes Back of the TF's trilogy, I hope this film ends on a bad note, and a downright downer for all the good guys.

What Ive read would reflect that...you might be quite pleased with this, then.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by vandalworks
my thoughts about the first film were very much a rollercoaster. everytime the effects kicked in i thought it was the best film ever made. every time the transformers talked or there was a humanity overload, it was horrible to watch.

the transformers werent in it nearly enough for my liking, the original way it was done was all about the transformers and them adapting to earth. this, seems how its humanitys adapating to them. which is completely wrong. i'm not too enamoured with bays story either, its not as alien to g1 as some may think, as not all the g1 story was ever detailed in the cartoon. however it why change it if you cant improve it?

i have seen a qoute from nay and he has said that the robots will get more character, which is something, and the effects look absolutely amazing.

I agree pretty much 100% with this.

Nice one.

vandalworks
cheers my love.

it was such a strange feeling walking out of the cinema.... wow, that was incredible... hang on... was it? ARGH!!!

ctsketch
That wheelie one IS one of the constructicons. It forms the torso of devastator... that bot is gonna be huge!

http://screenrant.com/transformers-2-robots-pictures-rob-5551/

Sadako of Girth
Yes. Its scavenger.
The footage in the secondtrailer shows the full devastator, by the looks of the colours and size of the arms.

So it looks like he can transform from weird drum headed/bug faced long arm Devastator into weird drum headed/bug faced long arm devastator........ with a shit wheel.





























In fact, from this moment..... I will only refer to Bay Devastator as:
"Shitwheel".

vandalworks
i dont actually mind the look of devastater. lets be honest, they're not going t make the robots look like how the should so mite as well get used to it and hope they're different looking enough to not have to acknowledge them as the proper ones.

i'm still hoping theres some billionaire out there who wants to make a proper transformers film, sod coming to earth start off where it all began.

primus.

Sadako of Girth
Get used to it...?

Id rather not, and mock it.

I can't start to like it 'just because its there'.

Otherwise they keeep getting away with it, and theres no outrage that inspires billionaires to make that essential remake.

Thank f**k, for example that they rebooted Batman and The Hulk.
Best thing they coulda done. In both cases they were born from the ashes of some utterly messed up franchises.

Doctor-Alvis
I've liked everything about the transformer parts of the movie(s) so far. For a story about giant transforming robots doing battle it makes an acceptable amount of sense. As much as I loved the old G1 style, I couldn't see it in a film. I mean, look at the Devastator picture. Sure, it's cool and tickles my nostalgia but I wouldn't want to see those big 80's grandma sunglasses, terran design, and lime green paint job in a movie.

Speaking of Devastator, I'm not so sure that's him in the trailer. His arms are identical to each other, and in each shot, which leads me to believe it's one machine that split down the middle.

Sadako of Girth
Their colour is the colour of the combined form, and also, the "Hands" look the same as "Devastator's".

Kazenji
Yeah some of the colours would'nt work in a live action movies it would be like watching a Joel Shumacher Batman movie.

Sadako of Girth
If the military vehicles were coloured like that in RL, Bay would let it be.

Starscream worked a lot better on screen in the 86 movie, than this...
As did Megatron.
Bays excuse about works on screen is bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

And you wouldnt want Devastator to look his true colours, yet you approve of Ratchet and his piss green Schumacherism....?

Are you telling me that red, blue and chrome wouldnt have worked while orange and blue with stupid, stupid flames do...?

Its not just the constructicons.
Bay/Bay's people want his/their own money spinning trademarked designs.

(Saves paying the guys who created the concept originally, meanwhile the movie gets support from the cars/military vehicles it advertises.)

vandalworks
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Get used to it...?

Id rather not, and mock it.

I can't start to like it 'just because its there'.

Otherwise they keeep getting away with it, and theres no outrage that inspires billionaires to make that essential remake.

Thank f**k, for example that they rebooted Batman and The Hulk.
Best thing they coulda done. In both cases they were born from the ashes of some utterly messed up franchises.

you kind of missed my point. i'm seriously not looking at these films as transformers. lets be honest, the story isnt there, the look isnt there, so why would i actually think of it as the originals? to do so would be foolish.

after the first film whats the point of mocking how the robots look when we already know they wont look anything like the original? just causes us, the fans more grief.

imagine if they'd have copied everything exactly and it didnt work? we'd be left thinking transformers just isnt that good at all. at least we still have the memories that transformers WAS incredible.


as for teh colours and such, i think mostly they could have done soooo much better. starscream was fine, blackout was fine, they looked realistic and blended in well with the real world. also, vehicles dont look the same in way of design or colours as they did back in the80's.

ctsketch
How about instead of being a baby, you actually look at the link I posted. That wheely thing you see in the preview isn't devastator. it is only devastator's torso. a treaded vehicle with a backhoe forms his torso and one of its 3 modes is the wheel

Scythe
Most people I have talked to have begun to enjoy the movies in the sense that I've always seen the movies as something just inspired by G1. It never poses a threat to become better than G1, nor boasts that it is better than G1, even though.... Fat chance, heh. I enjoyed the first film, since I saw it as an action film slightly inspired and modeled after G1.

vandalworks
well thats my point that i was getting across. dont view it as G1 proper transformers or nothing will satisfy. look at it as an action film inspired by transformers and its alrite. just dont expect what we all want, it will never happen!

Scythe
Originally posted by vandalworks
well thats my point that i was getting across. dont view it as G1 proper transformers or nothing will satisfy. look at it as an action film inspired by transformers and its alrite. just dont expect what we all want, it will never happen!

Cool. I've always seen the movie(s) as its own universe with its own characters and plots.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by vandalworks
you kind of missed my point. i'm seriously not looking at these films as transformers. lets be honest, the story isnt there, the look isnt there, so why would i actually think of it as the originals? to do so would be foolish.

after the first film whats the point of mocking how the robots look when we already know they wont look anything like the original? just causes us, the fans more grief.

imagine if they'd have copied everything exactly and it didnt work? we'd be left thinking transformers just isnt that good at all. at least we still have the memories that transformers WAS incredible.


as for teh colours and such, i think mostly they could have done soooo much better. starscream was fine, blackout was fine, they looked realistic and blended in well with the real world. also, vehicles dont look the same in way of design or colours as they did back in the80's.

Well if the fans are greived by it, they can always not go on messages boards where these perfectly understandable reactions to such cinematic guff will be posted, I guess.

Missed your point...? You seem to have missed mine.
Im getting a bit fed up with being pidgeon holed into the "Oh he just doesnt like non G1" label.

The film sucked in so many ways more than just that.
The film was no Empire Strikes back. In fact it was more like a Phantom Menace. Shit script. Shit (human) characters, Shit TF characterisation (which, granted, from what I hear may be improved with number two.), just the braindead intelligence insulting "just look at the pretty shiny thiinnnnnnnnngssssss...there ya goooooo.... shinnnnnnnnyyyyyy...!" sorta vibe about it from start to finish. sad

It was a mishmash of ID4, Christine (only a car that instead of killing you, R Kellys oil all on you) and blah blah generic action movies only occasionally pretending not to be a military recruitement drive and GMC commerical.

So that being the rest of my argument, what made BayTFs such a great movie in your opinion, that it instantly transcends criticism....?

As for the colours issue...
Red is still avaliable on Trucks...right..?
You can get trucks without flames on them....?
The argument that they would have to stick exactly to G1 designs for them to be both 'transformery looking' and cool in my book was rendered utterly wrong when they did the alternators range.

Since then that argument is bullshit, so is the Bay apologist's justifications that he had to make them look like robotic bionacle f**ktards "because times had moved on".

Had he handled the designs like that: Basically get the alternators look in there, and attempted to portray great characters in the same lights that made them great originally, then I could respect that.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
If the military vehicles were coloured like that in RL, Bay would let it be.

Starscream worked a lot better on screen in the 86 movie, than this...
As did Megatron.
Bays excuse about works on screen is bullshit. Absolute bullshit.

And you wouldnt want Devastator to look his true colours, yet you approve of Ratchet and his piss green Schumacherism....?

Are you telling me that red, blue and chrome wouldnt have worked while orange and blue with stupid, stupid flames do...?

Its not just the constructicons.
Bay/Bay's people want his/their own money spinning trademarked designs.

(Saves paying the guys who created the concept originally, meanwhile the movie gets support from the cars/military vehicles it advertises.)
I can agree with Megatron. He was probably my least favorite of all the Transformers in the movie, aesthetically, although I do wish my forearms turned into a big energy rifle.

Everyone else blended in pretty well. When I first saw the flames I didn't like them too much either but when I saw mechanically how Optimus was designed, my favorite of all of them, I thought it was a clever way of getting his general color scheme in without making his vehicle mode look out of place, and I don't even remember seeing the yellow part when he's in robot mode. I'm not a fan of flames on vehicles but I wouldn't question it if I saw it.

Ratchet was a yellow emergency vehicle. Makes sense to me. I've seen a few around town. No hummers but my city isn't that big so I doubt we'd need a whole lot of emergency vehicles to begin with.

Meanwhile I've never seen bright green construction equipment on a construction site.

Maybe I'm not hardcore enough of a Transformers fan but I really liked the balance they struck between the original designs and making them look "realistic". I know some of them strayed pretty far, like Starscream and Bumblebee, but Starscream's design grew on me I ended up liking Bumblebee's reinvention.

Sadako of Girth
Bumblebee's, to be fair was a cool design that was a definite step in the right direction. But a big muscle car and the bigger robot mode size associated with it, would have better suited say Sideswipe or Sunstreaker, or Jazz.

But it was probably a case of: "Well since the character itself was nothing like the character we know, why bother having a physical resemblance either, huh..?" sad Pity they still use the name.

nimbus006
Personally, I really liked the design of all the Transformers except for Frenzy. Granted, I could of done without the orange flames on Optimus, but they weren't that big of an issue for me to get mad at. Infact, Optimus was my favorite design of all the Transformers.

The only issues I had with the movie were:

Anthony Anderson- I just don't like him, he screams to much, and his idea of comedy isn't my cup of tea.

Frenzy- Became irritating after a while

Megan Fox- Yes, very hot, but wasn't particularly good.

vandalworks
first of all, where did i actually state iwas a good film? i've already said, and you've acknowledged and agreed that my view was very much oakin to a rollercoaster. anytime the effects kicked in, it was amazing. any other time, it was'nt that good, and in some places it was just damn horrible. i would happily be pigeon holed into being someone who only likes G1 because thats the best era. for me transformers is robots in diusguise. what kind of disguise was blur, kup and hotrod when they came in? they were unrealistic, and simply a marketing ploy.

and as much as i love the 80's film, it would be diluded to me to think it was much more than a huge advert. most of the G1 transformers died, and a wealth of new characters were brought in. why? to sell the new toy lines they produced. that was, pretty much the whole point of the film. thus said its also the biggest nostalgia trip to me, i remember my father taking me to see it, and losing one of my transformers in the cinema. as a fan of transformers, we've never had that good of media to enjoy from.

look back at the cartoons of the original series, there is so much wrong with those its unbelievable, but i still love it and i think its mainly down to nostalgia. what michael bay HAS done, is generate more interest with him making the film based on the transformers legacy. with more interest, comes more material and more chances of things which clicks my nostalgia alarm.

i've never had what i wanted from cartoons or films about the transformers universe, and will probably always continue. i am just praying that the transformers themselves will get much more screentime, and have more character. with the amount of new robots coming in, i cant see it happening though.

Sadako of Girth
Firtstly, you implied it by attacking the criticism it rightly gets, as unjust.

Kup, Hotrod and Blurr were still in their cybertronian modes.
(You know....back in the day where cybertronian modes looked like cybertonian modes, rather than bionicle modes.)
Whether or not the 80s stuff did some advertising....at least it advertised Transformers, putting the focus on the Cybertronians, rather than the US military and GMC.

True to form, Michael Bay misses the point like he did with Pearl Harbour.
*Cue Team America ballard "Pearl Harbour sucks"*

Yeah the cartoons were.....cartoons, really. Did you not read the comics (with the UK run included..?) That was where the better stuff was. Well Bay clearly didn't. He appears to have seen the cartoon, once or twice, missed the point utterly and proceeded to make a big shiny movie for the truly braindead.

You may get a few more of the things you want in ROTF, maybe.

vandalworks
the comics were pretty decent, but for me, the actual universe of the transformers has never been truly developed to the scope it deserves. i was hoping a hollywood film would get this going, but clearly hasnt.

yeah, piuty cybertron mode was, to be blunt, crap. the toys got cheaper, more plastic came in which meant cheaper to make and more moolah for the company.

and as for attacking criticism, most of it i agree with, but why on earth compare it to empire strikes back? its a totally different thing! its michael bay ffs, did you really expect it to live upto the hype of a series such as star wars? criticising a michael bay film for its script and direction of acting is like criticising a porn film for its story and lighting. what he DOES do is action sequances. all i was hoping the film would deliver was special effects and well put together action. as soon as bay was mentioned i knew i still wouldnt get anything near what i would personally want for a transformers film. but it seems you hyped it up for yourself too much and was sorely disappointed, and i do feel for you, but never expect anything to be amazing until you've seen it. free lesson in life for you

Sadako of Girth
Nope. No hyping up was required. You fail to give due credit for the open mindedness that I usually give a movie....I dreaded it, yet give it every chance. And watched repeatedly just in case I was missing something.

I detest Bay's work, an yeah it greives me to see him given anything to do with TFs at all, based on his 1st movie. So with respect, you are way, way off on the hype angle as I read the script also and realised how ****ed it would be anyhow, combined with Bay's involvement, way before release...

Good analogy with the porn film, they should never have given it to a porn director, when they should have had someone who does stuff with cerebral content to direct.

You dont like my ESB example...?
How about LOTR...? Or Blade Runner...?

Not accurate entirely to the original novels, yet great movies.

And Tfs (If you take away the names and flashy graphics) cannot claim to be a good film. And whether you stated it was a good film or not I have a right to remark on its shitness, when comments diametrically opposed to that position are made.
The "Its still a good movie anyway, youre a g1 fanboy" is the first thing that usually is put out to discredit any complaints made about the movie and its just wrong as a statement.

Whether or not it is fashionable to bash it or not, my right to state stuff isn't actually controlled by you...yet you jumped in an attacked me for it. Again, with respect, thats a free lesson for you in life maybe, also.

Yeah Bay does action scenes, and in TFs they were done poorly.

Everything was up way too close, and the flow was way too hard to follow, and in places it was way too hard to see who was who..
In ESB the reason the action worked in the asteroid chase is that the camera didnt just zoom in on the asteroid with a quick blurry shot of something whizzing from left to right on camera left to represent the Falcon.
It was like Bay had never heard of wide shots before. Awful. Awful. Awful.

Hope you understand now.

vandalworks
i actually liked the way the action was taking you in close, in the cinema especially i have never felt so dwarfed by watching something on screen. i agree with what you say about ESB but when filming a space scene you dont want many close ups, you want the object on the screen to be surrounded by space and the said asteroids to give a sense of scale to what you're follwing, whereas in the action sequences in TF they wanted to show just how big the robots were. as for the blurring it conveys speed, showing that despite their size they can move with agility and deftness.

i dont think you can really compare with those examples, they're all different styles in my opinion. maybe with transformers they'll be the opposite of star wars and get better instead of getting worse. a new hope was good, esp was amazing, but jedi just wasnt that good. what is essentially a gang of teddy bears beating up on the empires elite? what a ridiculous idea for a film.

fair enough with the hype, i know a lot of people who overhyped it, luckily i, and it seems yourself werent one of them. a lot of my friends have been hyping up watchmen to me, but i refuse to think it'll be good or bad til i see it myself.

again, about being a G1 fanboy i think i said i'll happily admit that i am, simply because i was there at the time and i dont think kids ever had toys that were that good. they were completely different, well designed and just had an awesome backstory. no other toy came close for me. no other toy has made me want to go back and recollect some of the toys i had.

Sadako of Girth
LOL I agree with the Teddies annoyance of ROTJ.
Best to look at it as was: They were cannon fodder that allowed the Stormtroopers to be distracted fighting, while Han and the posse took care of the real business at hand - the shield generator....still....those furry little bastards....

The closeup style could have been great if used occasionally.
And I understand what Bay was trying to do, for real.
But that 1st tear up between Bumblebee and whassisface-copcar-decep?
Utter clusterfarkerery of the highest order.... and it was overused in the other fights too.

yes Hype has destroyed many a good movie's first watch.
Its good to always be vigilant against it...

As for your last statement, that was like you read my mind in that instance. Well said. smile

Scythe
Ravage's Bay look takes some getting used too. I like it, for this universe, as it stands out as 'metallic spider' looking as all the Decepticons. Soundwave looks nifty too in my opinion. A triple changer that seems to work.

vandalworks
i thought ravage was keeping a large cat look? got any pics?

Scythe
Originally posted by vandalworks
i thought ravage was keeping a large cat look? got any pics?

He does still have a large cat look, his face just looks weird.

Sadako of Girth
Like a big metal machine, with the body of a panther, but with the head of an anus.

Scythe
Here's Movie Prime

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235744720_ROTFLeaderOP05.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235760852_showimg2.jpg

And Movie Megatron

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235744720_ROTFLeaderMEGS07.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235760852_showimg3.jpg

Scythe
Constructicons

http://www.seibertron.com/images/events/107/r_dsc01774.jpg

Scythe
Originally posted by Scythe
Here's Movie Prime

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235744720_ROTFLeaderOP05.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235760852_showimg2.jpg

And Movie Megatron

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235744720_ROTFLeaderMEGS07.jpg

http://www.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1235760852_showimg3.jpg

I just realized Megatron's head looks sorta G1-ish. Neat.

Sadako of Girth
That movie Prime is cool.



















There.

I admitted it.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
That movie Prime is cool.



















There.

I admitted it.

Haha, trust me, he's a HUGE step up from the last one we had, which was like the Queen of Kibble. It had so much back and arm kibble that it looked sweet from the front, but the sides and the back looked like one huge plastic explosion.

Nactous
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Then hopefully they'll change then at the last minute.
Been hearing that this is Jetfire all the way.

The Fallen figure is way different looking. Much squarer, boxier solid looking design and the head looks like the one on the poster..

Besides the synopsis says That the Autobots and Decepticons are at the pyramids to retrive Jetfire, who came here long ago in the days of the Incas, Mayans etc.

This would account for why the picture has him standing on a Pyramid.

But like you say, hopefully if we give it time it may transpire that they saw sense in time not to do this yet again to yet another great character. But sadly I feel that Bay will prevail with his rapery skills. sad

Nope, the Transformer on the Pyramid is the Fallen.

Scythe
Really?

Nactous
Well here is Jetfire;
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m19/deceptigtar/ROTF%20FAB%20Jetfire/

And here is proof that the one on the pyramid is the Fallen;
http://tformers.com/gv.php?mode=view&album=385&pic=transformers-revenge-fallen-robot+%283%29.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Sadako of Girth
Interesting but shit looking. Oh dear.

I wonder if the fallen is Jetfire and what we are seeing is Jetfire/the fallen in Cyberton mode then earth mode.

The script outline had no mention of "The Fallen" as a character.
And Jetfire is found in that, at the pyramids.

Very interesting.

That fallen (and Jetfire) really look like pieces of shit.
Oh well, keeps with the bayformers philosophy, I guess.

Nactous
Fake script?

Sadako of Girth
It really doesnt look it.
It was old and fits everything seen in the trailer.

ItsRambo
the sky might fall the sky might fall cant wait for this movie

Sadako of Girth
Aint no "chicken little" case: The last film looked good from the trailer, but was shit.

I just hope they redeem that this time.

Kazenji
More photo's

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8211

I think the picture with Shia and Bay they're pointing at Megan Fox's cleavage...

Sadako of Girth
Wheelie is a Decepticon...?
What a potent weapon he'll be.
He can probably annoy the Autobots to death, along with the audience watching the movie.

And Rampage is now a Constructicon...?
I thought he was a Predacon...! Bummer as the Predacons were manufactured from pure unrefined win....... especially combined.

And why are Hook and the other constructicons seemingly unneccesarily renamed...? Trademark and money in Bay's pocket. Whores.

Kazenji
Has anyone seen Soundwave ?

they've actually got him right in his robot form.

Sadako of Girth
"Right" may be too strong a word there, I fear.

"Less wrong" maybe, sure. stick out tongue


I laugh how Physics has been cited for the reason that Bay did this or didn't do that, yet look at Bay's Devastator... How are those little legs meant to deal with all that very unstatic weight...? Laughable.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
"Right" may be too strong a word there, I fear.

"Less wrong" maybe, sure. stick out tongue


Actually the word is "Right" sure they've gone with the designs they've been using for the transformers for these movies but apart from that "it" is Soundwave.

Sadako of Girth
S'ok Im basically agreeing with ya.

It does resemble him more.
But its bay rendering is like being asked to make a beautiful 3d reproduction of the cistene chapel, and going as far as to get all the settings and figures looking like they do - only to build the saints, out of excrement and mould.

But basically it certainly looks a f*** load better than Jetfire/Devastator....

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Kazenji
More photo's

http://www.superherohype.com/news/transformersnews.php?id=8211

I think the picture with Shia and Bay they're pointing at Megan Fox's cleavage...

how come megatron isnt listed?!

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth


But basically it certainly looks a f*** load better than Jetfire/Devastator....

Now the next thing is have they got his voice right.....

another thing i've also read Laserbeak is in it hopefully he still resembles a Bird.

Sadako of Girth
Well if youve got Ravage, then it'd be quite rude to not put Laserbeak in. (Buzzsaw too, maybe..?) And the reported army of Frenzy/Rumbles, seem to cover the humanoid cassette spies...

Kazenji
Take a look

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/revenge-of-the-fallen-cgi-images-167276/

Scythe
They look pretty cool. I like the tattoos on Starscream. I realized in one of the trailers, that Starscream is like foaming from the mouth, what the hell??

Kazenji
He has rabies ?

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
He has rabies ?

It looks like it, but he more or less seems to be spitting shit from hs mouth at Sam.

Sadako of Girth
Apparently Mike Patton is voicing one of the constructicons.

They think its either Long Haul or mixmaster, but as the source said "dump truck" it seems more likely that is Long Haul.

Credit where credits due: Thats awesome.

Kazenji
So which one of these trailers has starscream with rabies ?

Sadako of Girth
Transformers with saliva......? Not even Dan Reed went that far.

Scythe
Originally posted by Kazenji
So which one of these trailers has starscream with rabies ?

I'm not sure, but here's a pic of what I'm talkin' about.

http://iesb.net/images/stories/productionstills2/paramount_summer/sf010.08190.302v01.jpg

super pr*xy
you guys have it all wrong.. starscream doesn't have rabies. that's sam sneezing on him..

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
I'm not sure, but here's a pic of what I'm talkin' about.

http://iesb.net/images/stories/productionstills2/paramount_summer/sf010.08190.302v01.jpg

Interesting. It definitely looks like the whateveritis is emanating from Starscream, in that pic.

Cheers for posting it.

Scythe
Originally posted by super pr*xy
you guys have it all wrong.. starscream doesn't have rabies. that's sam sneezing on him..

Hahaha, sweet.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Interesting. It definitely looks like the whateveritis is emanating from Starscream, in that pic.

Cheers for posting it.

It bugged me for like a whole day, then I just stopped caring, but I'm still curious. Might just be water or something after he resurfaces. Probably.

super pr*xy
or snot. but i digress..

it could be something for defense. something like an oil slick coming out of the mach 5. it could be some kind of fluid that'll slow down sam.. or kill him all in all.

or snot.






sorry. i couldn't help my self.

jaden101
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/27/Fallen2.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Design wise, That definitely looks more Giger-esque, than anything.

super pr*xy
the fallen is.. fishbones? blink huh What the f**k?

Sadako of Girth
Im not surprised it fell. What a piece of shit.

super pr*xy
after closer inspection, i stand corrected. the fallen is not merely fishbones... it is the PHAROAH of fishbones, judging from its head dress. or skull... whatever.

Sadako of Girth
A pharoah of fishbones with a Giger alien's head.

And with enough red shit all over him to look like he has just assisted someone in zero-G heart surgery.

Scythe
Is that Jetfire?

Sadako of Girth
Well, thats what the leaked script would indicate.

Bad news, in anycase:

If its Jetfire, then Jetfire is shit.
If its The Fallen, then the movie's main draw is a big piece of turd.

Scythe
Haha, but Jetfire ends up turning into this big stealth fighter. and he's very, very old. Like, having to use a his landing gear as a walking stick, old. He doesn't look that bad.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
A pharoah of fishbones with a Giger alien's head.

And with enough red shit all over him to look like he has just assisted someone in zero-G heart surgery.

is that the aliens dude? thats why it looked so familiar.

i was watching observe and report at the m ovies and i jut saw the preview without the score.. i have to say, it was more dramatic than the preview with all the music.

captzero05
Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, but Jetfire ends up turning into this big stealth fighter. and he's very, very old. Like, having to use a his landing gear as a walking stick, old. He doesn't look that bad.
But it is good to see an aerial Autobot so they can have an aerial battle with Starscream.

Scythe
Originally posted by captzero05
But it is good to see an aerial Autobot so they can have an aerial battle with Starscream.

I think so too.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Scythe
Haha, but Jetfire ends up turning into this big stealth fighter. and he's very, very old. Like, having to use a his landing gear as a walking stick, old. He doesn't look that bad.

So what youre saying is: They paid no attention to his original characteristics wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhatsoever then. sad

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
So what youre saying is: They paid no attention to his original characteristics wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhatsoever then. sad

Pretty much, but then again, most characters in the movie were portrayed to be quite out of character.

Sadako of Girth
Yep. Thats the biggest suckage of all, regardless of physical design problems.

Scythe
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yep. Thats the biggest suckage of all, regardless of physical design problems.

Then again, they aren't the same characters from G1 though. It's a completely different Universe, I felt the same way with Beast Wars, bots shouldn't be animals, but it became extremely popular. I still think Optimus should never be a Gorilla...

nimbus006
This was posted by a guy on Comingsoon.net

I thought it was pretty funnny.

Bapman:

"Oh I love coming to the TF comment section and read about 35-45 year old guys who still think that the movie was intended for them and the kids nowadays actually care about that stiff dumba$$ retro cartoon from the 80s.
Here's a newflash.... MOVE ON !!!

We don't WANT to watch those blocky robots that change to 80s sports car or backdated aircrafts.

'ORIGINAL TRANSFORMERS FANS'... Gimme a break... OLD RETRO Transformers fans is more like it.
I'm 27 and even I'm too young for that 80s [email protected]
LOL... good story and character developement in the 80s one.
Ya sure, Megatron using a space bridge to bring Cybertron to EARTH isn't laughably bad at all opposed to the allspark.
Hey! How about that red spore thing?... or Dinobot story?
Yeah... those are screaming smart storylines... NOT !!!

HAHAHA!!! Its so funny how people just argue for the sake of it without actually really CHECKING what they are arguing about.

SMART STORY and DEEP characters my a$$.
The old TF was sh|T. Do you SEE any young kids watching that 80s [email protected]?
NO... and there's a good reason why.

ITS STUPID !!! "




I would like to point out that I completely disagree with old TF was shit comment.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>