Black Bolt vs. Orion.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Black Bolt as is.

lawest9
Originally posted by lawest9
Black Bolt as is. Orion with mother box but no Astro Force Gear.

Juk3n
Bolt has a good chance if Orion doesn't get all his gear.

lawest9
Originally posted by Juk3n
Bolt has a good chance if Orion doesn't get all his gear. Which is why i denied orion the astro force, so BB could have a chance.

TricksterPriest
Bolt doesn't have a ****ing prayer. Orion is much faster, much stronger, and his healing factor is rediculous. Not to mention he can use the AF without his gear.......

Mindset
Originally posted by lawest9
Orion with mother box but no Astro Force Gear.

Galan007
Keyword there is "gear."

Mindset
Quoted the wrong post.

Galan007
Excuses. uhuh

Original Smurph
Black Bolt ftw

TricksterPriest
Full out yell is the only thing that's going to stop Orion. Nothing less will be enough. And that's assuming Orion doesn't use his mother box to protect himself or screw with Black Bolt's powers.

carver9
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Full out yell is the only thing that's going to stop Orion. Nothing less will be enough. And that's assuming Orion doesn't use his mother box to protect himself or screw with Black Bolt's powers.

I disagree

carnage52
Originally posted by carver9
I disagree

Original Smurph
Full out yell is the only thing that's going to stop Orion. Nothing less will be enough. And that's assuming Orion doesn't use his mother box to protect himself or screw with Black Bolt's powers. How many whispers, do you reckon, would it take to equal a yell in power?

The Great Galen
Orion can apply the AF without the aid of his gear, coupled with his tremendous stats I think he could make short work out BP.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Orion can apply the AF without the aid of his gear, coupled with his tremendous stats I think he could make short work out BP. But how would he fare against Black Bolt?

Galan007
Originally posted by Original Smurph
How many whispers, do you reckon, would it take to equal a yell in power? What level of whisper are we talking, here? mmm

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Galan007
What level of whisper are we talking, here? mmm Very, very low whispers

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
But how would he fair against Black Bolt?

Well pretty good to the point where I think he would dominate. Orion can trade blows with supes, endure a full powered DS better then supes ever has and is a very elite MA to the point where he can own a powerful group of new gods single handily. He might not have super fast movement but I'm fairly sure BP doesn't either, throw in Orions AF application and I think he can easily take BB.

Original Smurph
Orion can apply the AF without the aid of his gear, coupled with his tremendous stats I think he could make short work out BP. Black Panther and Boston Pizzas' everywhere are trembling with fear.

Mindset
Well pretty good to the point where I think he would dominate. Orion can trade blows with supes, endure a full powered DS better then supes ever has and is a very elite MA to the point where he can own a powerful group of new gods single handily. He might not have super fast movement but I'm fairly sure BP doesn't either, throw in Orions AF application and I think he can easily take BB. Is he fighting Black Bolt and Black Panther?

The Great Galen
Is he fighting Black Bolt and Black Panther?

Mind as well, make it more even smile

Original Smurph
Well pretty good to the point where I think he would dominate. Orion can trade blows with supes, endure a full powered DS better then supes ever has and is a very elite MA to the point where he can own a powerful group of new gods single handily. He might not have super fast movement but I'm fairly sure BP doesn't either, throw in Orions AF application and I think he can easily take BB. Black Bolt's also very strong, very durable, very skilled, and far more versatile. Haven't even mentioned his voice...

The Great Galen
Black Bolt's also very strong, very durable, very skilled, and far more versatile. Haven't even mentioned his voice...

Just don't think hes "Orion"level though, BB is a few tiers below him IMO.

Original Smurph
Just don't think hes "Orion"level though, BB is a few tiers below him IMO. And you base this off of your vast knowledge of Black Bolt?

I'm Bran
And you base this off of your vast knowledge of Black Bolt? By his vast knowledge of both characters.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by I'm Bran
By his vast knowledge of both characters. Touche.

That's why he was able to highlight such specific examples, I suppose.

cloud102
Orion. Just as versatile, faster, stronger, and much more durable.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by cloud102
Orion. Just as versatile, faster, stronger, and much more durable. Proof plz?

I'm Bran
Touche.

That's why he was able to highlight such specific examples, I suppose. One notch below the awesomeness doing nothing but posting a link to the respect thread.

Starscream M
Proof plz? he's a peer of superman

cloud102
Proof plz?

Proof on what? Healing/durability? He's withstood the energy which is 10x hotter than the sun, his skull has been reduced to a skeleton and still kept of fighting, his healing is described that he is constantly regenerating.

In strength, he is a peer to Superman and is even described as even STRONGER than Superman by a few writers.

His Mother Box allows him to manipulate time, heal, control fundemental forces, mind control, manipulate objects on a sub atomic level, etc...

I see the OG has Orion Astro Forceless, so BB may take the majority, if he can start using his other abilities, but the scream won't do it, IMO.

Original Smurph
One notch below the awesomeness doing nothing but posting a link to the respect thread. It's not our place to comment on the debating stylez of the masters.

Starscream M
It's not our place to comment on the debating stylez of the masters. I could outdebate you if I read as much comics as you have

Original Smurph
Proof on what? Healing/durability? He's withstood the energy which is 10x hotter than the sun, his skull has been reduced to a skeleton and still kept of fighting, his healing is described that he is constantly regenerating.

In strength, he is a peer to Superman and is even described as even STRONGER than Superman by a few writers.

His Mother Box allows him to manipulate time, heal, control fundemental forces, mind control, manipulate objects on a sub atomic level, etc...

I see the OG has Orion Astro Forceless, so BB may take the majority, if he can start using his other abilities, but the scream won't do it, IMO. Between the two of them, not only is Black Bolt FAR more likely to use his versatility, he's also still able to match Orion in skills, strength and speed. That alone gives him the edge. Add in the fact that Black Bolt can whisper and KO Gladiator, the notion that he couldn't take Orion out with his voice alone is ridiculous.

Black Bolt ftw.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Starscream M
I could outdebate you if I read as much comics as you have orly?

Battlezone?

Starscream M
orly?

Battlezone? nah...you prob agree with me viewpoints anyways...won't be anything to debate

cloud102
Between the two of them, not only is Black Bolt FAR more likely to use his versatility, he's also still able to match Orion in skills, strength and speed. That alone gives him the edge. Add in the fact that Black Bolt can whisper and KO Gladiator, the notion that he couldn't take Orion out with his voice alone is ridiculous.

Black Bolt ftw.

In Orion's series he was always using veratility. His Mother Box has even absorbed enery attacks, and he would do the same to BB.

Just as good as a fighter? Not, IMO, Orion has matched against the Greatest Martial Artist in the Universe at a pacifict stage. And is considered the one of the greatest fighters in the universe.

Original Smurph
nah...you prob agree with me viewpoints anyways...won't be anything to debate Ah, I see, I see

Enyalus
Not, IMO, Orion has matched against the Greatest Martial Artist in the Universe at a pacifict stage.

Who is that?

cloud102
Originally posted by Enyalus
Who is that?

Valkyrie. In the issue, I believe it was stated that she's the greatest martial artist. Orion didn't want to fight, because he was in a pacifict state and STILL pulled even until Highfather broke up the match.

Original Smurph
In Orion's series he was always using veratility. His Mother Box has even absorbed enery attacks, and he would do the same to BB.

Just as good as a fighter? Not, IMO, Orion has matched against the Greatest Martial Artist in the Universe at a pacifict stage. And is considered the one of the greatest fighters in the universe. What is it going to absorb?

Black Bolt's beat down someone professing to be the greatest of all the Kree soldiers, and never been defeated in h2h combat.

cloud102
What is it going to absorb?

Black Bolt's beat down someone professing to be the greatest of all the Kree soldiers, and never been defeated in h2h combat.

Neither has Orion and he can absorb the sound coming from BB. Even Simonson stated Orion getting the better of Darkseid when they fought hth against each other in his run.

Starscream M
Ah, I see, I see let me ask you, who do you think is more durable between classic Juggernaut and Galactus?

Mindset
let me ask you, who do you think is more durable between classic Juggernaut and Galactus? laughing out loud

Original Smurph
Neither has Orion and he can absorb the sound coming from BB. Even Simonson stated Orion getting the better of Darkseid when they fought hth against each other in his run. So, as I stated then, just as skilled...

The sound isn't what causes the damage from Black Bolt's voice, so absorbing that will be useless.

Unless you think Orion is more than 100x as durable as Gladiator, Black Bolt can KO him from the get go with his voice.

Original Smurph
let me ask you, who do you think is more durable between classic Juggernaut and Galactus? How fed is Galactus?

cloud102
So, as I stated then, just as skilled...

The sound isn't what causes the damage from Black Bolt's voice, so absorbing that will be useless.

Unless you think Orion is more than 100x as durable as Gladiator, Black Bolt can KO him from the get go with his voice.

I actually do think he is more durable. Most of those guys don't have durability feats on Orion's level. Just as skilled as Orion? Find someone on Valkries level and then I'll concede. He IS the Dog of War and has vast knowledge of every from of warfare across the universe.

Starscream M
How fed is Galactus? average showing...normal powered

cloud102
BTW, I think Orion can easily avoid his attacks by going intangible or boom tube to another plane of reality.

Mindset
I actually do think he is more durable. Most of those guys don't have durability feats on Orion's level. Just as skilled as Orion? Find someone on Valkries level and then I'll concede. He IS the Dog of War and has vast knowledge of every from of warfare across the universe. Being more durable and being durable enough to take a full scream from BB is not the same.

Mindset
BTW, I think Orion can easily avoid his attacks by going intangible or boom tube to another plane of reality. bfr himself?

I'm Bran
I could outdebate you if I read as much comics as you have lol

cloud102
bfr himself?

It wouldn't be the first time someone has avoided the scream. If Orion can move faster than light or even just below that, he could avoid it. Or simply lock him in another dimension by Boom Tube his ass somewhere else.

Original Smurph
I actually do think he is more durable. Most of those guys don't have durability feats on Orion's level. Just as skilled as Orion? Find someone on Valkries level and then I'll concede. He IS the Dog of War and has vast knowledge of every from of warfare across the universe. Right... so being more durable means Black Bolt might have to whisper a bit harder?

Maybe use 2% of his power, rather than the usual 1%?

What happens when he uses 100% of his power?

What are Valkyrie's feats?

Original Smurph
average showing...normal powered Galactus

Mindset
It wouldn't be the first time someone has avoided the scream. If Orion can move faster than light or even just below that, he could avoid it. Or simply lock him in another dimension by Boom Tube his ass somewhere else. When has someone avoided his scream?

QS instance was pis

cloud102
Right... so being more durable means Black Bolt might have to whisper a bit harder?

Maybe use 2% of his power, rather than the usual 1%?

What happens when he uses 100% of his power?

What are Valkyrie's feats?

It wouldn't really matter if he used 100 %, IMO, and he probably wouldn't do that in the first place. When was the last time he used it at a 100% and what happened when he did?

cloud102
When has someone avoided his scream?

QS instance was pis

PIS or not, it happened.

Starscream M
Galactus would you want to debate that in a battlezone at some point in the future?

I'm Bran
PIS or not, it happened. So has Juggernaut being hurt by flames.

cloud102
Those were flames of passion, brah.

cloud102
BTW, Orion is far likely to kill Black Bolt first. He's killed an entire species ( by teleporting a bomb, IIRC), thanagrians as a diversion, and Darkseid once.

Mindset
PIS or not, it happened. So we're using PIS in fights now?

darthgoober
Hasn't BB put down Hulk and Gladiator with a mere whisper and went H2H with Thor? Do you really think that an all out yell from Blackbolt(which we've never even seen if I'm not mistaken) is the ONLY chance BB has of putting Orion down?

PIS or not, it happened.
Wasn't Orion once contained by a titanium box or something like that? I mean if PIS is valid then...

cloud102
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hasn't BB put down Hulk and Gladiator with a mere whisper and went H2H with Thor? Do you really think that an all out yell from Blackbolt(which we've never even seen if I'm not mistaken) is the ONLY chance BB has of putting Orion down?

Wasn't Orion once contained by a titanium box or something like that?

Yes, but he did get out of it eventually.

Mindset
BTW, Orion is far likely to kill Black Bolt first. He's killed an entire species ( by teleporting a bomb, IIRC), thanagrians as a diversion, and Darkseid once. Read War of Kings

cloud102
So we're using PIS in fights now?

Ok, fine, I'll give you that. Still wouldn't matter as Orion can phase into other dimensions. How can BB effect someone not there?

I'm Bran
Ok, fine, I'll give you that. Still wouldn't matter as Orion can phase into other dimensions. How can BB effect someone not there? How often has he done this?

cloud102
Read War of Kings

He killed a bunch of inncocent lives, including children and women?

darthgoober
Yes, but he did get out of it eventually.
But it took him a bit right? How would he run away from the scream if he's contained in titanium(or adamantium for that matter)?

cloud102
How often has he done this?

Last time he did it was in Simonson's run, IIRC. And in his own series. He doesn't do it every time, but he has in the past. Including manipulating time. All New Gods or most are able to do this.

Mindset
He killed a bunch of inncocent lives, including children and women? I wasn't aware Orion was an innocent woman or child.

cloud102
But it took him a bit right? How would he run away from the scream if he's contained in titanium(or adamantium for that matter)?

Well, like I said earlier, Mother Box is able to manipulate objects as well. Hell, Orion created the Genesis Box to jump start the universe. I think that's far and away better than Black Bolt.

cloud102
I wasn't aware Orion was an innocent woman or child.

Of course, not, my point is that he's likely to kill BB first. I mean, how many times has BB killed right off the bat on average?

One of the only reasons Orion won't kill Superman is because he's instructed to do so.

darthgoober
Well, like I said earlier, Mother Box is able to manipulate objects as well.
Did it the last time he was trapped in titanium?

Hell, Orion created the Genesis Box to jump start the universe. I think that's far and away better than Black Bolt.
And Reed Richards has done all kinds of impressive things with prep/tech also. If Orion doesn't have a Genesis Box in this fight then it doesn't matter.

Mindset
Of course, not, my point is that he's likely to kill BB first. I mean, how many times has BB killed right off the bat on average?

One of the only reasons Orion won't kill Superman is because he's instructed to do so. You are trying to say Orion is more likely to kill because he has killed women and children and BB hasn't, which is irrelevant because Orion isn't a woman or a child.

BB had no qualms about killing Skrull warriors and he did so w/o hesitation.

So...

cloud102
You are trying to say Orion is more likely to kill because he has killed women and children and BB hasn't, which is irrelevant because Orion isn't a woman or a child.

BB had no qualms about killing Skrull warriors and he did so w/o hesitation.

So...

I wasn't aware Orion was a Skrull Warrior.

Mindset
I wasn't aware Orion was a Skrull Warrior. The key word in that sentence is warrior.

facepalm

cloud102
Did it the last time he was trapped in titanium?

And Reed Richards has done all kinds of impressive things with prep/tech also. If Orion doesn't have a Genesis Box in this fight then it doesn't matter.

Well that's the thing. Tech is an extension of Orion. He has shown the ability to summon shit. Harness, Mother Box, special weapons, and the Genesis Box. It doesn't work the way you think.

Original Smurph
would you want to debate that in a battlezone at some point in the future? Sure.

darthgoober
I wasn't aware Orion was a Skrull Warrior.
I was unaware that BB was a Thanagrian or Darkseid...

Well that's the thing. Tech is an extension of Orion. He has shown the ability to summon shit. Harness, Mother Box, special weapons, and the Genesis Box. It doesn't work the way you think.
When has he ever summoned a Genisis Box? From what I understand he had to reprogram a Motherbox before, he never just summoned a Genesis box from a puff of smoke.

The Great Galen
Well from my take on things, I wouldn't consider BB nearly as skilled in h2h as Orion. Sure BB might have a good level of MA talent but not to the degree Orion has. Strength,durability are overwhealmimng favoring Orion...the only aspect I'm uncertain of is speed. I don't know if Orion has superspeed movement or if he can apply it into the confides of a battle situation either offensivly or defensivly.

Original Smurph
It wouldn't really matter if he used 100 %, IMO, and he probably wouldn't do that in the first place. When was the last time he used it at a 100% and what happened when he did? Not relevant, as he doesn't need 100% of his voice output to KO Orion.

Let's say it took 1/100'th of his power to KO Gladiator (as it was only a whisper).

That'd be 1%.

What % would it take to KO Orion, in your opinion?

cloud102
Well from my take on things, I wouldn't consider BB nearly as skilled in h2h as Orion. Sure BB might have a good level of MA talent but not to the degree Orion has. Strength,durability are overwhealmimng favoring Orion...the only aspect I'm uncertain of is speed. I don't know if Orion has superspeed movement or if he can apply it into the confides of a battle situation either offensivly or defensivly.

He's speed blitzed before. Even in a FRIGGEN COMA.

cloud102
The key word in that sentence is warrior.

facepalm

It was a joke, dude.

Original Smurph
Sure BB might have a good level of MA talent but not to the degree Orion has. Based on which showings of Black Bolt's would you base this?

cloud102
Not relevant, as he doesn't need 100% of his voice output to KO Orion.

Let's say it took 1/100'th of his power to KO Gladiator (as it was only a whisper).

That'd be 1%.

What % would it take to KO Orion, in your opinion?

Like I said, still wouldn't matter. Especially someone who can do everything Bolt can and more.

Mindset
It was a joke, dude. Hard to tell. smile

Starscream M
Sure. great...it's on!

cloud102
Hard to tell. smile

Maybe I should have put the happy dance?

Original Smurph
Like I said, still wouldn't matter. Especially someone who can do everything Bolt can and more. Still wouldn't matter?

Meaning, what? That Black Bolt's voice can't KO him?

And I'd challenge the idea that he can do everything Blackagar can, but it's irrelevant.

Original Smurph
great...it's on! When?

Starscream M
When? can we do this sometime in March...I'm going to be very busy in the next three weeks and I also need to do some research for this

cloud102
Still wouldn't matter?

Meaning, what? That Black Bolt's voice can't KO him?

And I'd challenge the idea that he can do everything Blackagar can, but it's irrelevant.

Yes, he can't, if Orion wishes it.

The Great Galen
He's speed blitzed before. Even in a FRIGGEN COMA.

Was it ever specified how fast he can move, not with the aid of any external device but rather his own bodily movement. If it's true he can move close to lightspeed and can apply it during battle...this fight is pretty much over. From what I see, Orion seems to move at roughly around meta level with no application during combat.

Original Smurph
can we do this sometime in March...I'm going to be very busy in the next three weeks and I also need to do some research for this If you want to wait that long, sure. There'll be periods in March that I'm busy though.

Original Smurph
Yes, he can't, if Orion wishes it. He can't what?

KO Orion with his voice?

I'm not talking about dodging, just power output vs. durability.

I'm Bran
Last time he did it was in Simonson's run, IIRC. And in his own series. He doesn't do it every time, but he has in the past. Including manipulating time. All New Gods or most are able to do this. Twice?

There's a difference between using an ability that is applied by simply making a noise, and a move that you've used twice in a long history, before anyone says anything.

If BB needs to win and nobody important is around...

cloud102
Was it ever specified how fast he can move, not with the aid of any external device but rather his own bodily movement. If it's true he can move close to lightspeed and can apply it during battle...this fight is pretty much over. From what I see, Orion seems to move at roughly around meta level with no application during combat.

I believe fangirl posted a scan of him flying at super-speeds without the harness. The way it was shown when he was in a coma, pretty much shows him at least quicksilver/jay level.

He can also Boom Tube light years away in a matter of moments as well.

Starscream M
If you want to wait that long, sure. There'll be periods in March that I'm busy though. that's fine, I won't be in any hurry

cloud102
Twice?

There's a difference between using an ability that is applied by simply making a noise, and a move that you've used twice in a long history, before anyone says anything.

If BB needs to win and nobody important is around...

The Mother Box is the key. It also gives Orion help/strategies, etc... so it's not out of the norm for Orion to do that. He just doesn't have to everytime.

cloud102
He can't what?

KO Orion with his voice?

I'm not talking about dodging, just power output vs. durability.

I'm talking about phasing his molecules so he won't be effeced. He has complete control over his body with the aid of the MB.

I'm Bran
The Mother Box is the key. It also gives Orion help/strategies, etc... so it's not out of the norm for Orion to do that. He just doesn't have to everytime. lol

Anyway on another note (since it has nothing to do with this battle), I would like to see scans or issue numbers for Orion phasing.

cloud102
I'm glad you think it's funny Orion stomping Bolt's head in the ground. wink

I'm Bran
I'm glad you think it's funny Orion stomping Bolt's head in the ground. wink Read my edit.

Plus, I found it funny how much you want to reach for this battle. Nothing in your post said Orion was winning in the post I quoted.

cloud102
So...you think Bolt breaks Orion in two?

I'm Bran
So...you think Bolt breaks Orion in two? I didn't say that.

Anyway, so you'll address this...

"Anyway on another note (since it has nothing to do with this battle), I would like to see scans or issue numbers for Orion phasing."

cloud102
BTW, Galen, here is some samples of Orion's speed.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ad/af6cad34.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ad/193f7f1f.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/eb6773f3.jpg

All from the respect thread. I'm also trying to find the phase ability one.

cmack
orion all day, bb dont stand a chance

The Great Galen
I believe fangirl posted a scan of him flying at super-speeds without the harness. The way it was shown when he was in a coma, pretty much shows him at least quicksilver/jay level.

He can also Boom Tube light years away in a matter of moments as well.

Really, he has flight without a harness...that I didn't know. Although superspeed only means anything if it can be applied...plus was the speed of his flightly directly related to his bodily movement or some external source?

The Great Galen
BTW, Galen, here is some samples of Orion's speed.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ad/af6cad34.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums...ad/193f7f1f.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/eb6773f3.jpg

All from the respect thread. I'm also trying to find the phase ability one.

First 3 links aren't working, last one is nice but is that dude in the yellow shirt blitzing too lol.

cloud102
I also found a link to Orion trying to catch up wth Black Racer. And Black Racer moves beyond light speed.

cloud102
Other speed feats. thanks to Astro for respect thread.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/jkfw-05-16.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/af6cad34.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/193f7f1f.jpg

cloud102
@ darthgoober.

Orion is again wrapped inside of a cell, but easily breaks out. This is similar to what happened with Firestorm. Yet, here he is shown getting out.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/9e9c118b.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/1fa0f0c6.jpg

The whole phasing was in the same issue, I believe, but he was unable to do it, because of Apokolips tech.

The Great Galen
Other speed feats. thanks to Astro for respect thread.

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/jkfw-05-16.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/af6cad34.jpg

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/193f7f1f.jpg

Not bad, if only he could move like he did in the first scan without the harness. Although clearly he has movement superspeed, just wish he could apply it in battle.

LordofBrooklyn
I don't know if EARTH X is considered canon but Black Bolt screamed loud enough to be heard at the end of the universe to reach the Silver Surfer.

I think the master blow coupled with all out sonics give him an outside shot but Orion has the edge.

Naija boy
BB

cloud102
Not bad, if only he could move like he did in the first scan without the harness. Although clearly he has movement superspeed, just wish he could apply it in battle.

I wish Superman would speed blitz more! eek!

Seriously, if Orion wants to end the battle quickly and I'm sure he does, BB would be out in no time.

tjcoady
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
I don't know if EARTH X is considered canon but Black Bolt screamed loud enough to be heard at the end of the universe to reach the Silver Surfer.

I think the master blow coupled with all out sonics give him an outside shot but Orion has the edge.

It's not, but that was a sweet feat... especially considering there would be nothing to conduct sound at all.

Everyone on this board forgets that Black Bolt's most powerful attack isn't the scream, it's his Master Blow.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.