Mandrakk vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze
Thanos gets the power gem.

TricksterPriest
.............http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/8/86/1157812288026.gif

xJLxKing
He can get the IG and he still loses

Bentley
Originally posted by xJLxKing

Yep, he would need GL rings and heat vision to win.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
.............http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/8/86/1157812288026.gif no expression

Enyalus
Mandrakk wins.

occultdestroyer
Unintentional spite/bait thread FTLose

Original Smurph
facepalm

Knowsbleed33

For serious?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
For serious?
Yeah I am serious

Knowsbleed33
Were you waiting here for someone to respond to your post?

xJLxKing
Were you waiting here for someone to respond to your post? no

Mindset
Yea you were.

Vally Doosh
laughing out loud

UniOmni
Good fight.

Wait for more responses before i give mine.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by UniOmni
Good fight.

Wait for more responses before i give mine.

Sarcasm does not become you. stick out tongue

And if you actually MEAN that Thanos wins this with no sarcasm, you are the most biased marvel fanboy since Quan. dur

Endless Mike
Don't Mandrakk's powers depend on other people believing in them?

If Thanos just believes Mandrakk will lose, he will, right?

vlaaad12345
He was using the other monitors to believe him regular peoples thoughts don't really matter,his powers though are from feeding off the bleed.

Slaanesh
thanos can just find a stick and pierce mandrakk heart FTW..

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
thanos can just find a stick and pierce mandrakk heart FTW..

Or he can make one...with his uber matter manipulation. stick out tongue

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Enyalus
Or he can make one...with his uber matter manipulation. stick out tongue

i forgot that he can do that embarrasment

Knowsbleed33
no

Our posts are both at 1:33pm. Either you waited or you're a precog.

SevenShackles
this fight just seems so retarded.
Mandrakk ftw =D

Kris Blaze
Thanos does have unlimited power.

OneDumbG0
^ But Thanos does not have the heat vision of 50 Superman or 5 nearly exhausted GL rigns to make a giant stake... sad

guy222
thanos doesn't win here

Harbinger
Thanos 10/10.

quanchi112
Sarcasm does not become you. stick out tongue

And if you actually MEAN that Thanos wins this with no sarcasm, you are the most biased marvel fanboy since Quan. dur What did Mandrakk do again?

Harbinger
Didn't he beat The Radiant and the Spectre at the same time?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Didn't he beat The Radiant and the Spectre at the same time?
Off-panel. Whose power wouldn't even allow them to kill a few mortals during Revelations. Or interfere with Darkseid.

kgkg
It interesting to see how people rank Mandrakk so differently. From "God" to very low ranking.

I guess all the lower end ranking has to do with how FC ended wink

quanchi112
Off-panel. Whose power wouldn't even allow them to kill a few mortals during Revelations. Or interfere with Darkseid. Spectre was a complete joke in the arc to boot.

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Spectre was a complete joke in the arc to boot.
Well, he affected Earth on a global scale. But I mean, Cable and Overmind have done similar. You're right, for a cosmic entity, Revelations and FC in general weren't good for him...

...Except when he owns Dr. Light. Which was completely awesome.

quanchi112
Well, he affected Earth on a global scale. But I mean, Cable and Overmind have done similar. You're right, for a cosmic entity, Revelations and FC in general weren't good for him...

...Except when he owns Dr. Light. Which was completely awesome. I just want to forget fc. The way people spoke about Morrison I was kinda excited and then I read it and it was oh so boring and so much of a letdown.

Enyalus
I just want to forget fc. The way people spoke about Morrison I was kinda excited and then I read it and it was oh so boring and so much of a letdown.
I loved some of his other stuff. His X-Men run? Awesome. His JLA run? Awesome. All-Star Superman? Awesome. Most of Seven Soldiers? Pretty good. But FC 1 and 2 were boring, 3, 4 and 5 were good, 6 was boring again, and 7 totally dropped the ball.

Ah well.

Galan007
Off-panel. Whose power wouldn't even allow them to kill a few mortals during Revelations. Or interfere with Darkseid. srsly

The power problem Spectre had was cleared up by the end of 'Revelations' - and the events of 'Revelations' precede those of 'FC' (ie. we can logically say the power of Spectre/Radiant would've been fine.)

----

But yeah, people who only look at the Supermen/GL's never cease to make me chuckle.

Mandrakk ftw. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
srsly

The power problem Spectre had was cleared up by the end of 'Revelations' - and the events of 'Revelations' precede those of 'FC' (ie. we can logically say the power of Spectre/Radiant would've been fine.)

----

But yeah, people who only look at the Supermen/GL's never cease to make me chuckle.

Mandrakk ftw. smile Wasn't the Spectre completely useless against Libra?

Kris Blaze
Wasn't the Spectre completely useless against Libra?

Libra could not be touched at the time.

Spectre can't act against God.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Libra could not be touched at the time.

Spectre can't act against God. My point is the Spectre was really no help at all when dealing with any of these threats.

Kris Blaze
My point is the Spectre was really no help at all when dealing with any of these threats.

Because he can't act against God.

If god specifically doesn't want someone not to interfere, it doesn't matter who it is. Thanos isn't protected by god, so it doesn't apply.

xJLxKing
My point is the Spectre was really no help at all when dealing with any of these threats.
Do you not listen? God did not allow it. Spectre is his wrath, and god said no wrath will be done to Libra. Get it?

quanchi112
Because he can't act against God.

If god specifically doesn't want someone not to interfere, it doesn't matter who it is. Thanos isn't protected by god, so it doesn't apply. He has also been defeated outside this arc without god acting against him.

quanchi112
Do you not listen? God did not allow it. Spectre is his wrath, and god said no wrath will be done to Libra. Get it? When was this stated on panel?

Kris Blaze
He has also been defeated outside this arc without god acting against him.

Yes, and?

In this arc God did not want to unleash his wrath on Libra, thusly the Spectre could not harm him. So that is not even close to a "low feat"

Philosophía
.............http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/8/86/1157812288026.gif thumb up

quanchi112
Yes, and?

In this arc God did not want to unleash his wrath on Libra, thusly the Spectre could not harm him. So that is not even close to a "low feat" Ok, I got it. god can render the spectre completely useless whenever he wants to. This was one of those times. Even at max power he can still be defeated.

OneDumbG0
Do you not listen? God did not allow it. Spectre is his wrath, and god said no wrath will be done to Libra. Get it? I don't recall any instance where God told Spectre not to harm Libra.

kgkg
^ Not directly. The point was Spectre was render powerless because of the situation.

Galan007
God rendered Spectre unable to judge a chosen few, so they might earn Radiant's mercy:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1608091_fc1.jpg

God himself = the only reason Spectre's powers were ineffective during FC.

Galvaclaw
It's a shame Mandrakk jobbed so much to the supermen and the green lanterns. If only there was some sort of ultimate machine warping reality so as to give the story a happy ending. Some sort of Miracle machine. Yeah that be awesome...

OneDumbG0
^ laughing out loud

Good point.Originally posted by Galan007
God rendered Spectre unable to judge a chosen few, so they might earn Radiant's mercy:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1608091_fc1.jpg

God himself = the only reason Spectre's powers were ineffective during FC. If I'm not mistaken, Radiant and Spectre are referring to all the people who were enslaved by the ALE that Spectre had spread. But that doesn't explain why Libra was protected, since, like Vandal Savage, he willingly subscribed to the ALE. Thoughts?

Enyalus
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
If I'm not mistaken, Radiant and Spectre are referring to all the people who were enslaved by the ALE that Spectre had spread. But that doesn't explain why Libra was protected, since, like Vandal Savage, he willingly subscribed to the ALE. Thoughts?

This is what I was saying earlier. Spectre and Radiant were unable to harm Libra, DS, Cain, and even a few mortals throughout their arc. God did not want them to interfere. Well, Mandrakk defeated them both off-panel. How is there any proof whatsoever that God allowed their powers to work against him? Because that is Mandrakk's best feat. Losing to a featless Superman in his Cosmic Armor (which was already bashed up by the vampiress Monitor) and getting beat by the Supermen and GL is in itself not impressive. What is impressive is him beating Spectre and Radiant presumably at the same time. But the feat is vastly diminished if they weren't allowed to harm him or their powers did not function against him...

Symmetric Chaos
Then again Morrison has a theme across many of his works amounting to "gos is the writer" which makes FC seem all the more wall bangingly annoying.

Endless Mike
How is Thanos going to take on a multiversal threat with just the PG?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He doesn't. He definitely loses here. Give him the reality gem, and I could see this being a great fight.

Harbinger

Infinite powar!!!!, amirite?

Symmetric Chaos

By being a Marvel character.

quanchi112
This is what I was saying earlier. Spectre and Radiant were unable to harm Libra, DS, Cain, and even a few mortals throughout their arc. God did not want them to interfere. Well, Mandrakk defeated them both off-panel. How is there any proof whatsoever that God allowed their powers to work against him? Because that is Mandrakk's best feat. Losing to a featless Superman in his Cosmic Armor (which was already bashed up by the vampiress Monitor) and getting beat by the Supermen and GL is in itself not impressive. What is impressive is him beating Spectre and Radiant presumably at the same time. But the feat is vastly diminished if they weren't allowed to harm him or their powers did not function against him... Exactly and the fact is was off panel means it carries no weight with it whatsoever.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
By being a Marvel character. Odin has affected the multiverse and thanos went toe to toe with him without the power gem before.

Galan007
How is there any proof whatsoever that God allowed their powers to work against him? Because by the end of 'Reveations' Spectre's power problem seemed to be fixed.

quanchi112
Because by the end of 'Reveations' Spectre's power problem seemed to be fixed. Still happened off panel.

Enyalus
Because by the end of 'Reveations' Spectre's power problem seemed to be fixed.
He simply embraced the true...Spectreforce, or whatever you'd like to call it. He was no longer using the power in a limited, two dimensional way. That had nothing to do with his troubles against Libra and others. Like you pointed out, that was God not wanting him to interfere. I realize Mandrakk is the 'ultimate threat' so the point can be made, 'Why would God hold him back from destroying Mandrakk?' But...why would he do so against Cain/Savage or Libra? I mean, neither make any sense.

Galan007
Exactly and the fact is was off panel means it carries no weight with it whatsoever. 'No weight' what in the heckfire are you talking about?

Superman enters a room and finds Mandrakk standing next to a couple bodies (Spectre/Radiant) - and nothing else. Mandrakk then goes on to talk about how he beat them.

Assuming anything else happened beside what the illustrations/text tell us, is absurd.

quanchi112
'No weight' what in the heckfire are you talking about?

Superman enters a room and finds Mandrakk standing next to a couple bodies (Spectre/Radiant) - and nothing else. Mandrakk then goes on to talk about how he beat them.

Assuming anything else happened beside what the illustrations/text tell us, is absurd. We don't know the circumstances for how they were defeated. Context is everything. Especially when considering how ineffective Spectre was during fc. Knowing we didn't see the actual fight leads me to believe he got screwed again. Either way off panel means we just don't know what happened.

Galan007
He simply embraced the true...Spectreforce, or whatever you'd like to call it. He was no longer using the power in a limited, two dimensional way. That had nothing to do with his troubles against Libra and others. Like you pointed out, that was God not wanting him to interfere. I realize Mandrakk is the 'ultimate threat' so the point can be made, 'Why would God hold him back from destroying Mandrakk?' But...why would he do so against Cain/Savage or Libra? I mean, neither make any sense. The characters Spectre was unable to affect were all tied to the ALE - they all had that in common. To my knowledge, Mandrakk was not linked to the ALE in any way/shape/form. That said, there's no reason whatsoever to assume he was immune to Spectre's wrath (especially when nothing of the sort was ever stated, or even alluded to.)

OneDumbG0
He simply embraced the true...Spectreforce, or whatever you'd like to call it. He was no longer using the power in a limited, two dimensional way. That had nothing to do with his troubles against Libra and others. Like you pointed out, that was God not wanting him to interfere. I realize Mandrakk is the 'ultimate threat' so the point can be made, 'Why would God hold him back from destroying Mandrakk?' But...why would he do so against Cain/Savage or Libra? I mean, neither make any sense. Cain was not protected by the ALE. Spectre was not rendered ineffectual against Cain for that reason. Cain was protected by his possession of the Spear of Destiny. Once he was relieved of it, Spectre could cast his judgment upon him.

Galan007: Having clarified the above, what do you think of the following: Originally posted by OneDumbG0
If I'm not mistaken, Radiant and Spectre are referring to all the people who were enslaved by the ALE that Spectre had spread. But that doesn't explain why Libra was protected, since, like Vandal Savage, he willingly subscribed to the ALE. Thoughts?

Enyalus
Cain was not protected by the ALE. Spectre was not rendered ineffectual against Cain for that reason. Cain was protected by his possession of the Spear of Destiny. Once he was relieved of it, Spectre could cast his judgment upon him.
I'm excited. I knew that. big grin I feel smart now.

Galan007
Cain was not protected by the ALE. Spectre was not rendered ineffectual against Cain for that reason. Cain was protected by his possession of the Spear of Destiny. Once he was relieved of it, Spectre could cast his judgment upon him.

Galan007: Having clarified the above, what do you think of the following: The Spear, and the ALE are linked:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1609532_sod1.jpg

Which takes me back to my last post:Originally posted by Galan007
The characters Spectre was unable to affect were all tied to the ALE - they all had that in common. To my knowledge, Mandrakk was not linked to the ALE in any way/shape/form. That said, there's no reason whatsoever to assume he was immune to Spectre's wrath (especially when nothing of the sort was ever stated, or even alluded to.)

Allankles
Were you waiting here for someone to respond to your post?

laughing out loud

Allankles
Off-panel. Whose power wouldn't even allow them to kill a few mortals during Revelations. Or interfere with Darkseid.

Actually Spectre could kill them he just couldn't use his esoteric judgment powers. Plus Radiant told him not to kill them.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
Actually Spectre could kill them he just couldn't use his esoteric judgment powers. Plus Radiant told him not to kill them.
Scans or didn't happen.

stick out tongue wink

OneDumbG0
The Spear, and the ALE are linked:

Which takes me back to my last post:Originally posted by Galan007
The characters Spectre was unable to affect were all tied to the ALE - they all had that in common. To my knowledge, Mandrakk was not linked to the ALE in any way/shape/form. That said, there's no reason whatsoever to assume he was immune to Spectre's wrath (especially when nothing of the sort was ever stated, or even alluded to.) They were linked only circumstantially. I know you don't actually think the Spear of Destiny is a manifestation of the ALE or that it even has a close connection with the ALE. They are just linked because they are part of the same situation prophesized by the Crime Bible.

Even if you were to rely on some deep linkage between the Spear and ALE, then if ALE made you immune to Spectre (before he reasserts his true power), then why would Cain even need the Spear of Destiny in the first place?

Again, by the end of Final Crisis: Revelations, Spectre's statements about being forbidden are actually directed towards the innocent folks who were enslaved by the ALE. And he could assert his power against Cain because he willingly chose ALE, whereas beforehand he was protected by the Spear. However, earlier on, Libra was not protected by the Spear and willingly chose ALE and was still immune to Spectre's power. How?

Allankles
Scans or didn't happen.

stick out tongue wink

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0762/FCR3p04-05.jpg

Here he tries to use his esoteric powers to control them. Radiant does the same and they realize that vengeance and mercy have no power over anti-life.

http://g.imagehost.org/t/0268/FCR3p08-09.jpg

Here Montoya and Radiant tell him not to kill an ALE victim.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
http://g.imagehost.org/t/0762/FCR3p04-05.jpg

Here he tries to use his esoteric powers to control them. Radiant does the same and they realize that vengeance and mercy have no power over anti-life.

Here Montoya and Radiant tell him not to kill an ALE victim.
So if they have no power over Anti-Life, how would they have killed 'em? Exotic powers or not.

Allankles
So if they have no power over Anti-Life, how would they have killed 'em? Exotic powers or not.

He could kill them, he just couldn't cure them of anti-life.

Galan007
They were linked only circumstantially. I know you don't actually think the Spear of Destiny is a manifestation of the ALE or that it even has a close connection with the ALE. They are just linked because they are part of the same situation prophesized by the Crime Bible. I never said the Spear was a manifestation of the ALE, I said they were linked (which is true.)

Faceless specifically stated that the reason Spectre could not control the Spear, was the same reason he could not control the mob (obviously referring to the ALE.)

Even if you were to rely on some deep linkage between the Spear and ALE, then if ALE made you immune to Spectre (before he reasserts his true power), then why would Cain even need the Spear of Destiny in the first place? Because the Spear has the power to kill Spectre. Vandal/Cain alone, does not.

However, earlier on, Libra was not protected by the Spear and willingly chose ALE and was still immune to Spectre's power. How? Willingly accepting the ALE, instead of unwillingly doing so, wouldn't mean much. Either way you are still tainted by anti-life (which Spectre was unable to affect.)

OneDumbG0
^ Bah. Final Crisis: Revelations was all over the place. If you read this scan more carefully, Montoya hypothesizes that it is the Spear which prevents Spectre and Radiant from doing anything, "he Spear stayed behind. I thought that was your fault, that you'd left it on purpose, but now I'm thinking that's not what happened... it stayed because you couldnt' affect it, the same way you couldn't affect Captain Sawyer and Driver and Stacy... the same way you can't affect the mob outside."

That statement could be logically read to suggest that it's the Order of the Stone's possession of the Spear that prevented Spectre's power form working on them. Which makes sense, considering how important the Spear was to everyone involved. Spectre's ineffectuality beforehand had nothing to do with ALE. It was the Spear.

It was Radiant's power of mercy that was ineffectual against the ALE. Because without free will, mercy is meaningless. That is why afterwards, Radiant could bestow mercy on them, which precluded Spectre judging them. However, Radiant didn't bestow mercy on Cain, because he willingly served under the ALE. Thus, Spectre could judge him.

If the above is true, then it doesn't make sense why Spectre couldn't affect Libra. As Allankles argues, Radiant's pleas in the following scan suggest that Spectre could still kill people infected by ALE:

But because the Order of the Stone hadn't retrieved the Spear of Destiny yet... Libra had neither the benefit of the Spear, nor the benefit of Radiant's mercy. So how was he immune? Libra may not have been affected simply because God didn't want Spectre to hurt him, not because of his connection to the ALE.

If that's the case, and ALE is not ultimately important to Spectre-immunity, then maybe God didn't want Spectre to judge Mandrakk. Which I think is Enyalus' point. Mandrakk > Spectre/Radiant is a non-feat if God didn't want them to. Besides, if God wanted them to, who could deny God's will? Isn't that the argument for every Presence-backed Spectre fan? That if God wills it, Spectre accomplishes it? Are we suggesting that Mandrakk > Presence?

Galan007
^ Bah. Final Crisis: Revelations was all over the place. If you read this scan more carefully, Montoya hypothesizes that it is the Spear which prevents Spectre and Radiant from doing anything, "he Spear stayed behind. I thought that was your fault, that you'd left it on purpose, but now I'm thinking that's not what happened... it stayed because you couldnt' affect it, the same way you couldn't affect Captain Sawyer and Driver and Stacy... the same way you can't affect the mob outside."

That statement could be logically read to suggest that it's the Order of the Stone's possession of the Spear that prevented Spectre's power form working on them. I don't see how it can be read as such. The mob was, afterall, chanting the ALE just prior to that scan (Faceless nearly became infected by it) - that's why they teleported away.

If that's the case, and ALE is not ultimately important to Spectre-immunity, then maybe God didn't want Spectre to judge Mandrakk. Which I think is Enyalus' point. Mandrakk > Spectre/Radiant is a non-feat if God didn't want them to. Besides, if God wanted them to, who could deny God's will? Isn't that the argument for every Presence-backed Spectre fan? That if God wills it, Spectre accomplishes it? Are we suggesting that Mandrakk > Presence? I see what you guys are saying. However, I still think more things point to Spectre being unable to affect the aforementioned characters, due to the ALE, than not.

I have no problem with you disagreeing, though. smile

OneDumbG0
^ Meh. I'm not ready to believe that either ALE or Mandrakk are above the influence of a Spectre who's got his head on straight. I'm more inclined to believe they once again jobbed because God threw some technicality at them:

Presence: "Nonono, Spectre. You're not going to be the plot device to ultimately defeat Mandrakk this time around. Grant insisted that we had to use some obscure pre-Crisis "Miracle Something-something" as the plot device that wins the day. So go get your a$$ kicked like you did against Libra."

Spectre: "Gawd! You always do this to me! Fine, whatever! ......... jerk."

Galan007
laughing out loud

TricksterPriest
Regarding Libra....that may tie into the prophecies of Lilith. About how the new dark god would ascend and Cain would take away the gift of the presence, aka free will. Well, Libra was basically the high priest/prophet of Darkseid.

Other than that, it's basically the Presence saying **** You to Spectre. stick out tongue

Kris Blaze
Regarding Libra....that may tie into the prophecies of Lilith. About how the new dark god would ascend and Cain would take away the gift of the presence, aka free will. Well, Libra was basically the high priest/prophet of Darkseid.

Other than that, it's basically the Presence saying **** You to Spectre. stick out tongue

Is this true people?

iceman24567
Is this true people? Yeah some of it.

kgkg
Is this true people? no

Xzpunisher
Mandrakk curbstomp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.