Forum Search Engine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
I hate the search engine on this forum. It's f*cking useless. Doesnt even search the keywords in a title. I get a whole bunch of threads BUT the one I'm after. I tried typing it's name, then just the keywords, but to no avail. I've encountered this problem before as well. WHY doesn't it work.

inb4 operator problem.

kodak
Coulda had a V8

Kosta
Originally posted by kodak
Coulda had a V8

Sense, make some. stick out tongue

Peach
Originally posted by Kosta
I hate the search engine on this forum. It's f*cking useless. Doesnt even search the keywords in a title. I get a whole bunch of threads BUT the one I'm after. I tried typing it's name, then just the keywords, but to no avail. I've encountered this problem before as well. WHY doesn't it work.

inb4 operator problem.

It doesn't work because you're not using it right stick out tongue

Unless you tell it to only search in the title, it searches through all posts.

Try "title:word" next time.

MIŠT
They changed the quick search years ago, if you want an accurate one you have to use the one at the top of the page, but that searches every forum so it takes a while to find what you need.

kodak
Originally posted by Peach

Try "title:word" next time. good mod is good.

Peach

Kosta

Try "title:word" next time.

So unless I type 'Title: etc' it will ONLY search through the posts? It wont even search for the keyword in the titles of the threads? mmm. I'll try that. Seems strange though.

Kosta
Actually, the one at the bottom of each forum is more accurate - unless you are looking for a specific post. It's just a matter of knowing how to get the most use out of it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=6874573#post6874573

Ok, cool. Thanks Lana. happy.

Peach
So unless I type 'Title: etc' it will ONLY search through the posts? It wont even search for the keyword in the titles of the threads? mmm. I'll try that. Seems strange though.

It will search through the titles of the threads, yes, but also the posts themselves and I believe it returns the results in chronological order, so newer stuff is at the top.

See the post I made directly before yours stick out tongue No space in the "title:etc", btw.

Kosta
It will search through the titles of the threads, yes, but also the posts themselves and I believe it returns the results in chronological order, so newer stuff is at the top.

See the post I made directly before yours stick out tongue No space in the "title:etc", btw.

"Title:Last time you had sex" Gets no results. sad.

Peach
Try searching for just one word from the title, it works better that way.

Kosta
Try searching for just one word from the title, it works better that way.

Already did. Tried "title:sex". Nothing. Seriously, it's not the most efficient SE I've ever dealt with. stick out tongue

Peach
Already did. Tried "title:sex". Nothing. Seriously, it's not the most efficient SE I've ever dealt with. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380144&highlight=title%3Alast+forumid%3A61

stick out tongue

I did 'title:last' and it came up right away.

Kosta
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380144&highlight=title%3Alast+forumid%3A61

stick out tongue

I did 'title:last' and it came up right away.

I did that exact search, and got no results. I dunno.

Kosta
Umm, ok, apparently capital letters are what I was doing wrong. "Title:last" got no results, but "title:last" did... thats the stupidest thing ever.

Thanks for you help though, Lana. big grin

Peach
Did you type in title:last or "title:last"?

Because if it was the latter, it's not gonna work stick out tongue

And yeah, caps can mess it up. Do everything in lowercase.

MIŠT
Actually, the one at the bottom of each forum is more accurate - unless you are looking for a specific post. It's just a matter of knowing how to get the most use out of it.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=6874573#post6874573

Interesting...

If you wanted to search say the OTF so you put forumid:61, do you then type what you are looking for? So 'forumid:61 pancake'?

Kosta
Did you type in title:last or "title:last"?

Because if it was the latter, it's not gonna work stick out tongue

And yeah, caps can mess it up. Do everything in lowercase.

I did it without the space like you said. Caps was the problem.

Peach

GCG
"Title:Last time you had sex" Gets no results. sad.

maybe its been so long, it cant find it stick out tongue

JacopeX
*predicts Peach coming in and defending the search engine.*

Oh wait. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ThunderGodEneru
I know how to use the Search Engine, and have used it many times.

I still think it sucks. ermm

dadudemon
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
I know how to use the Search Engine, and have used it many times.

I still think it sucks. ermm

QFT

Peach
Originally posted by JacopeX
*predicts Peach coming in and defending the search engine.*

Oh wait. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Oh shut up you twit.

Yoshi Paradise
I've never had a problem with the search function, so I'm okay with it.

dadudemon
there are much better search engines out there. I just got done building a database and a rediculously awesome search engine. (it has fuzzy word matching!)

Lord Knightfa11

inb4 operator problem. This is why i just make the ****ing thread. If it gets closed I know there is a duplicate.

JacopeX
Oh shut up you twit. Nice use of words. happy

Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
This is why i just make the ****ing thread. If it gets closed I know there is a duplicate. I'm with ya!

Syren
Oh shut up you twit.

laughing out loud

Honey, that was too British. I like it wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.