Current DC Cosmology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tjcoady
This is just an idea, and I want this thread to be closed by whatever moderator comes across it, if they think it should be.

Can we stop making threads about Mandrakk or the conceptual Superman for a while? Until a board-wide idea about DC Hierarchy is established, they're just pointless; as it is now, it's just dependent on whether or not you like Grant Morrison.

Maybe this is pointless - and I know I kind of started this with the "Cosmic Superman Versus Lucifer" thread- but honestly, every single thread that includes Morrison Monitors, Monitor-Armor Superman, or Mandrakk is just a bait thread for people who didn't understand or just didn't like Final Crisis to get all pissy over, and people who did like Final Crisis to do the same.

Possibly, this thread could become the thread to actually hash out these ideas and determine exactly how DC cosmology now works; because basically, all of these versus threads are just which writers you like better, and as such, lack any sort of objectivity or, really, any relevant interest or purpose. They're not "versus" threads an more, they're just arguments about which DC writers you prefer- or whether you think Marvel makes better cosmics then DC does. And because of this, they lose purpose, and go beyond what the purview of the Versus forum is supposed to be about; you can't answer these questions or address these ideas with posts like "Mxy owns" or "Thanos with the IG is more powerful" or "Mandrakk curbstomps the Presence."

Anyways, whatever. If any Mods think it's a good idea to maybe work these concepts out in a single thread rather than dozens of pointless battles, then this thread should be open to that idea; if it doesn't belong in the Versus forum, then please move; and if you think it's a pointless thread, then, please, close it.

Thanks everyone.

occultdestroyer
Good idea.

I think the DC hierarchy has to revised. Same thing goes to Marvel as well.

If there is a thread about DC's hierarchy, can anyone send me a link of the thread?
Too lazy to search for it, and the Search function is a bit messy.

Galvaclaw
It's also worth noting there's two Mandrakk's: Dax Novu and Ogama. Dax being the one who fought and died against cosmic superman and Ogama being the one the heroes fought in Final crisis 7.

There's no reason to believe the second is as powerful as the first.

Vally Doosh
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e58746.jpg

Digi
Lulz. trying to put a stop to threads until a "board-wide idea about FC" happens.

...good luck.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Digi
Lulz. trying to put a stop to threads until a "board-wide idea about FC" happens.

...good luck.

hey, it's worth a try.

Okay, well, no it isn't, but I still think it's a good idea.

iceman24567
Originally posted by tjcoady
hey, it's worth a try.

Okay, well, no it isn't, but I still think it's a good idea. That list would be way too much work but if your up for a challenge eek!

Galan007
because basically, all of these versus threads are just which writers you like better, and as such, lack any sort of objectivity or, really, any relevant interest or purpose. They're not "versus" threads an more, they're just arguments about which DC writers you prefer- or whether you think Marvel makes better cosmics then DC does. Which is sad. There are some who actually base their opinion(s) strictly on showings/evidence, and give a totally unbiased decision regarding the outcome of a versus thread... No matter what company said character(s) might be from.

A dying breed, I guess. sad

TricksterPriest
We live in sad times. sad The old ways are dying out.

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Which is sad. There are some who actually base their opinion(s) strictly on showings/evidence, and give a totally unbiased decision regarding the outcome of a versus thread... No matter what company said character(s) might be from.

A dying breed, I guess. sad I'm the last one left.

UniOmni
DC STANDS FOR DIKK COBBLER FANBOYS~!@

MARVEL AT MY MAGIC MEATSTIKK!!

TricksterPriest
Looks like his account got hacked.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm the last one left. I was thinking of you when I wrote that. thumb up

Mindset
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l54/Markymark_016/awesomesmiley.gif

Digi
I was thinking of you when I wrote that. thumb up

I used to tell people to debate for any and all characters that they know about except the ones that they are "fanboys" of. And if they absolutely must go into their characters' threads, do so only to clarify something about them or share a scan or bit of information, not to debate for that character or to argue over the interpretation of their scans/info/etc. I think a lot of people would be better off for it. They'd learn to debate more objectively, they wouldn't end up in so many arguments, and their opinion wouldn't be written off. Because it's hard to gain credibility when you only debate for your favorites, even if you happen to be correct.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
I used to tell people to debate for any and all characters that they know about except the ones that they are "fanboys" of. And if they absolutely must go into their characters' threads, do so only to clarify something about them or share a scan or bit of information, not to debate for that character or to argue over the interpretation of their scans/info/etc. I think a lot of people would be better off for it. They'd learn to debate more objectively, they wouldn't end up in so many arguments, and their opinion wouldn't be written off. Because it's hard to gain credibility when you only debate for your favorites, even if you happen to be correct. I agree 100%.

I'm Bran
Which is sad. There are some who actually base their opinion(s) strictly on showings/evidence, and give a totally unbiased decision regarding the outcome of a versus thread... No matter what company said character(s) might be from.

A dying breed, I guess. sad Originally posted by TricksterPriest
We live in sad times. sad The old ways are dying out.

lolwut?

If you're replying to Galan's post... I don't know what to say...

This is just an idea, and I want this thread to be closed by whatever moderator comes across it, if they think it should be.

Can we stop making threads about Mandrakk or the conceptual Superman for a while? Until a board-wide idea about DC Hierarchy is established, they're just pointless; as it is now, it's just dependent on whether or not you like Grant Morrison.

Maybe this is pointless - and I know I kind of started this with the "Cosmic Superman Versus Lucifer" thread- but honestly, every single thread that includes Morrison Monitors, Monitor-Armor Superman, or Mandrakk is just a bait thread for people who didn't understand or just didn't like Final Crisis to get all pissy over, and people who did like Final Crisis to do the same.

Possibly, this thread could become the thread to actually hash out these ideas and determine exactly how DC cosmology now works; because basically, all of these versus threads are just which writers you like better, and as such, lack any sort of objectivity or, really, any relevant interest or purpose. They're not "versus" threads an more, they're just arguments about which DC writers you prefer- or whether you think Marvel makes better cosmics then DC does. And because of this, they lose purpose, and go beyond what the purview of the Versus forum is supposed to be about; you can't answer these questions or address these ideas with posts like "Mxy owns" or "Thanos with the IG is more powerful" or "Mandrakk curbstomps the Presence."

Anyways, whatever. If any Mods think it's a good idea to maybe work these concepts out in a single thread rather than dozens of pointless battles, then this thread should be open to that idea; if it doesn't belong in the Versus forum, then please move; and if you think it's a pointless thread, then, please, close it.

Thanks everyone. no

Also, what would this thread help any anyway? People would still choose who they like better. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.