Sniper Showdown

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
Vassili Zaitsev (Jude Law) from enemy at the gates faces off against Private. Daniel Jackson (Barry Pepper) from Saving Private Ryan.

They are both hunting each other in a bombed out train yard.

Weapons-

Daniel Jackson is using his Springfield 1903 http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=M1903_Springfield

Vassili is using his Masan Nagant http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Mosin_Nagant

They each have exactly twelve rounds.

Who wins?

Sadako of Girth
What sort or range and is it at day or night...?

jinXed by JaNx
The range can be five feet or five hundred feet. It depends on what strategy you think will best suit each Sniper. Will Vassili or Jackson attempt a stealthy attack by getting in close or will they stick to their position and wait each other out. Who has the stronger will, who is more skilled as a Sniper?

The showdown starts in midday during a rain storm.

Sadako of Girth
Ok. Thanks.

Well, although I am yet to see 'Enemy at the gates',
Im pretty confident in Jackson.

Despite that tendancy to blame all his talent on god, one cannot forget the impression that shooting that other sniper thorough his own eyesight made.

A nice touch of irony there, in his work.

Robtard
Vassili had an insane amount of kills, so I'd guess him.

Rogue Jedi
This would be alot more interesting if it were a three way battle with Bob Lee Swagger in the mix.

jinXed by JaNx
Who the frack is that?

Rogue Jedi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooter_(2007_film)

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
This would be alot more interesting if it were a three way battle with Bob Lee Swagger in the mix.

Of course. no expression

Robtard
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Of course. no expression

I'd still say Vassili was more impressive, considering he got those few hundred kills with an antiquated rifle.

Final Blaxican
They're both good.

I've never seen Enemy at the gate so I can't say who's better (though I did see that 5 shots 5 headshots scene from EatG, badass.). But, jackson's no slouch either.

OuGeqfVoPvQ

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, 450 yards in heavy rain is impressive. Although, i think Vassili would have changed position after downing vin diesel.

Final Blaxican
It's a tough decision to make as a Sniper I guess.

If you hold your position and make sure the enemy knows it, they won't move from where they are, meaning you can account for all of them. But on the other hand if they have a sniper too who's skilled and subtle he can tag you.

If you change positions then you keep the enemy guessing. But it also gives them a chance to recollect themselves and gain a better position.

It's hard for me to think of good real world strategies because I'm sued to thinking in terms of me having unlimited men at my disposal or the ability to survive multiple gun shots ala video games. laughing out loud

450 yeards IS incredible though, what with the corleosis effect and such.

Robtard
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

450 yeards IS incredible though, what with the corleosis effect and such.

Not for Agent 47 who made a head shot from over 4 km away. If we included him and made it a four-way, it'd be over for the other three snipers.

Final Blaxican
Agent 47 defies logic whereas Jackson and Vassili are both generally confined to it. no expression

You bastard.

jinXed by JaNx
dammit, i really should have made this a 4 on 4. God dammit. I guess it is kind of boring...,Who can out sit the other?

Robtard
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
dammit, i really should have made this a 4 on 4. God dammit. I guess it is kind of boring...,Who can out sit the other?

Agent 47 is "trained to be an expert in every aspect of warfare", iirc. So he could out sit them all and/or hold his poop in the longest.

Bardock42
This would be alot more interesting if it were a three way battle with Bob Lee Swagger in the mix. Apropos your boner for Bob Lee:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

Final Blaxican
Great article.

That first guy was insane. Over half a thousand people...

Sadako of Girth
Well even without seeing 'Enemy at the gates' that kill record may take it for 'E.A.T.G' against Jackson then.

This guy sounds like a baaaaaadddd motherfu**er. yes

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Apropos your boner for Bob Lee:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html Same article bashes McClaine....and?

Snafu the Great
I'll admit that Vasily is no rookie when it comes to the art of the sniper, but in the end, he gets the Moe Greene Special from Jackson.

Scripture-sprouting snipers are bad-ass.

Robtard
Same article bashes McClaine....and?

Is McClane in this sniper fight?

Robtard
Apropos your boner for Bob Lee:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy.html

Damn, that Finnish guy even out-did Vasili.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Is McClane in this sniper fight? No. Is the guy they are comparing McClaine to a sniper?

Robtard
No. Is the guy they are comparing McClaine to a sniper?

What bearing does McClane have in this sniper fight?

Rogue Jedi
What bearing does McClane have in this sniper fight?

No bearing whatsoever.

Bardock used the article to downplay Swagger's badassery. I only pointed out that the same article downplays McClaine's badassery.

Robtard
No bearing whatsoever.

Bardock used the article to downplay Swagger's badassery. I only pointed out that the same article downplays McClaine's badassery.

Exactly.

Still McClane-hurt about that, eh?

Rogue Jedi
Exactly.

Nah, I have stated several times that I like McClaine more than I like Riggs.

That article has gotta make you wonder how much credit those stories have.

Bardock42
Same article bashes McClaine....and? Originally posted by Robtard
Is McClane in this sniper fight? Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No. Is the guy they are comparing McClaine to a sniper? Originally posted by Robtard
What bearing does McClane have in this sniper fight? Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
No bearing whatsoever.

Bardock used the article to downplay Swagger's badassery. I only pointed out that the same article downplays McClaine's badassery. Originally posted by Robtard
Exactly.

You guys realized that it was a comedic article. Written for humor purposes. Take it easy.

Robtard
You guys realized that it was a comedic article. Written for humor purposes. Take it easy.

Obviosuly, yes.

Didn't understand the McClane point though, as it relates to a thread that has nothing to do about Diehard.

Rogue Jedi
You guys realized that it was a comedic article. Written for humor purposes. Take it easy. You sexy beast heartbeat

Sadako of Girth
Givvvvvvvvvvvvvvve meeeeeee my detonatorsssssssssss....

Rogue Jedi
haermm Voice clip or it never happened.

Sadako of Girth
Clip of what...?

Rogue Jedi
Of you doing your Hans impersonation, durh.

Darth Macabre
Well, Vasily was real so...

Sadako of Girth
Of you doing your Hans impersonation, durh.

I may at some point.

Nearer Xmas maybe. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
****ing Tease.

Kazenji
The guy from Nations Pride (The Movie in Inglorius Basterds) would prove a match for these two

the guy managed to kill more then 48 soldiers in that tower.

Lord Lucien
It's too bad that Finnish dude from the Winter War never starred in a movie. He was bad ass.

Placidity
Agent 47 is "trained to be an expert in every aspect of warfare", iirc. So he could out sit them all and/or hold his poop in the longest.

Wesley Gibson takes all of them.

As for the actual topic, Vassili Zaitsev was legendary in the film, making waves in the war. He was feared by reputation, so much so that the Germans felt they had to dispatch one of their own elite to take him out. I'm going to have to go with him.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
It's too bad that Finnish dude from the Winter War never starred in a movie. He was bad ass.

Simo Hayha. Probably the most badass one-man army unstoppable killing machine to ever exist in the real world

Placidity
Since many people haven't seen the film...

PRxZ92MjeYs

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Placidity
Since many people haven't seen the film... Only 20 times and counting.

the ninjak
Enemy at the Gates guy wins this showdown.

Lord Lucien
And since Konig was even better than Zaitsev, imagine him here.

the ninjak
True dat.

Lord Shadow Z
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooter_(2007_film)

The book version of Bob Lee Swagger is better.

stick out tongue

KingD19
I wonder if Cougar from Losers qualifies for this.

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
I wonder if Cougar from Losers qualifies for this.

Not enough feats I think, and nowhere near as impressive either sad

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
The book version of Bob Lee Swagger is better.

stick out tongue HELL yeah he is.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I particular like the part where the russians begin to carpet bomb the area where he might be instead of sending a single soldier...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.