Is Thor without his hammer that wimpy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
Think about it...great unarmed fighter, has 100+ strength & durability. Even without his hammer he should be as powerful as Hercules. IIRC, didn't the Scion of Asgard use to fight the Hulk while unarmed? Why would he be weaker than Superman in a brawl? Same strength and durability...Superman usually forgets his speed...laser-vision obviously means nothing. Why would Superman pwn him? Wouldn't Thor with his hammer make it the reverse, since it's actually a weapon? Also, wouldn't using a weapon against an unarmed foe violate Asgardian warrior honor or something? So Thor's been using his hammer on unarmed enemies for about 47 years...

Silent Guardian
I understand where your coming from/ your logic. But all of Thor's strongest attacks, and powers are through his hammer. There is nothing to show how strong he would be without it. He would definitely be weaker. He would definetly still be strong but it has been hinted/ alluded to in many comic issues that Thor's strength resides in his hammer. He is still a God without it and very strong but Thor with Hammer is clearly much stronger than Thor without Hammer.

First off all you are making tons of assumptions without evidence. I do not know if he is as strong as Superman or even Hercules without his hammer. I would say Superman is generally more durable, except against magic than Thor is more durable.

As for the Asgardian warrior honor, no idea where you got that from.

(PS. I'm glad I got this post in before Bada comes and closes your thread, just like your other 3, but I do not think he will close this one.)

Mindset
Since when did Mjolnir make him stronger?

Silent Guardian
Originally posted by Mindset
Since when did Mjolnir make him stronger?

Well for one, I do not think he can command Lightning without his Hammer. And I am sure his punches are not as strong as a wack from his hammer. Not saying he is weaker without his hammer. But his attacks are stronger and more versatile with his Hammer.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
There is nothing to show how strong he would be without it.he stalemated Hercules in armwrestling contest (without his equiment)

LordofBrooklyn
There is no Godblast without Mjonlnir so that is an extreme offensive setback.

He can control the elements without Mjolnir so that is not a problem.

Allankles
Well for one, I do not think he can command Lightning without his Hammer. And I am sure his punches are not as strong as a wack from his hammer. Not saying he is weaker without his hammer. But his attacks are stronger and more versatile with his Hammer.

Thor's power resides inside him, Mjlonir is just a conduit ie it makes controlling his power somewhat simpler kind of like Orion with his harness.

But you are right, he is more dangerous wielding his hammer as it's basically a weapon added to his arsenal.

Naija boy
Thors most powerful ever lightning attack came without his hammer.

shokosugi

Thor WITH his hammer is wimpy. laughing

Zack Fair
durthor "I say thee...NEVER VILLAIN!"

carnage52
Originally posted by shokosugi

Thor WITH his hammer is wimpy. laughing shokosugi.........godamnit.

carnage52
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thors most powerful ever lightning attack came without his hammer. thats what she said.

Sado22
without hammer Thor stalemated Hulk in a pushing contest for 2 hours. neither of them pushed the other back even an inch.

so no.

Kazenji
Only way i can see him being wimpy is when he's inside the Donald Blake human form since he needs to slam that staff on the ground to transform into Thor.

Spire
I feel sad for Thor. It's embarrassing to be dragged around by a hammer.

Poor guy...

occultdestroyer
Donald has to shout "SHAZAM!" to transform into Thor.

skygunner41
It MC Hammer BTW.

Eel O'Brien
Since he has come to rely on his hammer as part of his standard offense, he would definitely be set back without it.

However, he has shown that most (if not all) of his power is actually in him, and he would still have strength in the CM/BA class, so he would still be near the top of the ladder even w/out Mjolnir.

Since the OP mentioned it, I don't think he would do very well against Superman w/out his hammer but he would still do better than most other herald-levelers.

skygunner41
Thor is nothing without his hammer.

StiltmanFTW
Well for one, I do not think he can command Lightning without his Hammer.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1461/thorwomjolnirbp0.th.jpg

DarkOdin
Originally posted by skygunner41
Thor is nothing without his hammer.

Ya your right he only killed THing,Hulk with his bare hands then finished off captain american and wolverine. With no hammer lol

Anti-Monitor
Is this even a Vs thread or just a question thread?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien
Since he has come to rely on his hammer as part of his standard offense, he would definitely be set back without it.

However, he has shown that most (if not all) of his power is actually in him, and he would still have strength in the CM/BA class, so he would still be near the top of the ladder even w/out Mjolnir.

Since the OP mentioned it, I don't think he would do very well against Superman w/out his hammer but he would still do better than most other herald-levelers.

Co-sign.

Silent Master
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
There is no Godblast without Mjonlnir so that is an extreme offensive setback.

He can control the elements without Mjolnir so that is not a problem.

Actually, he's used the godblast without Mjolnir. It was during Oeming's run.

quanchi112

Since the OP mentioned it, I don't think he would do very well against Superman w/out his hammer but he would still do better than most other herald-levelers. Superman would clearly take the majority without his hammer provided no durok blasts were used, but it would be far from easy for Superman.

Sado22
brute strength, thor is equal to hulk as is a proven fact. with all the stuff he can pull off, thor can and has oneshotted hulk.

btw, exactly when did this happen? i read this before but i can't remember what it was called. oh and thor did it with his bare HAND not hands wink

quanchi112
Thor is nothing without his hammer. Ignorance.

Philosophía
Irony.

quanchi112

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Sado22
brute strength, thor is equal to hulk as is a proven fact. with all the stuff he can pull off, thor can and has oneshotted hulk.

btw, exactly when did this happen? i read this before but i can't remember what it was called. oh and thor did it with his bare HAND not hands wink

It was Thor the Reigning. I don't know which issue number but it was the last in the series if i remember correctly

h1a8
Originally posted by UKR
Think about it...great unarmed fighter, has 100+ strength & durability. Even without his hammer he should be as powerful as Hercules. IIRC, didn't the Scion of Asgard use to fight the Hulk while unarmed? Why would he be weaker than Superman in a brawl? Same strength and durability...Superman usually forgets his speed...laser-vision obviously means nothing. Why would Superman pwn him? Wouldn't Thor with his hammer make it the reverse, since it's actually a weapon? Also, wouldn't using a weapon against an unarmed foe violate Asgardian warrior honor or something? So Thor's been using his hammer on unarmed enemies for about 47 years...

Without Thor's hammer he can't fly.
Superman bfrs him. Thus Superman 10/10

banning bfr, Superman is astronomically stronger and faster than Thor with much greater blunt force durability (by best feats). So Superman still 10/10

With that said,
I've seen Thor countless of times been hit in the face and was made to drop his hammer. This is a big weakness of his.

skygunner41
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Ya your right he only killed THing,Hulk with his bare hands then finished off captain american and wolverine. With no hammer lol

that people > supes ???? please alien ninja no expression zorro

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8

banning bfr, Superman is astronomically stronger and faster than Thor with much greater blunt force durability (by best feats). So Superman still 10/10

With that said,
I've seen Thor countless of times been hit in the face and was made to drop his hammer. This is a big weakness of his. and that's why superman put up a major effort to put him down in that cross-over right?

thor held back more than superman did.

skygunner41
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and that's why superman put up a major effort to put him down in that cross-over right?

thor held back more than superman did.

Scan or it didn't happen.

psycho gundam
when thor really wants stuff done, his fights look nothing like the one he had with superman.

skygunner41
when thor really wants stuff done, his fights look nothing like the one he had with superman.

likewise.

quanchi112
when thor really wants stuff done, his fights look nothing like the one he had with superman. I think Thor is super pissed avenging a loss. I think if he met Superman again it would go down differently.

skygunner41
Originally posted by quanchi112
I think Thor is super pissed avenging a loss. I think if he met Superman again it would go down differently.

this time though not eleven but 52.

quanchi112
this time though not eleven but 52. Huh?

Allankles
Huh?

lol

The first time Superman ko'd Thor by extending his dials up to 11, the next time his dials will be extended up to 52.

Spire
Huh?

Dials.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
lol

The first time Superman ko'd Thor by extending his dials up to 11, the next time his dials will be extended up to 52. Ok, I got it. Thor got ko'd imo due to his initial confusion.

Allankles
Ok, I got it. Thor got ko'd imo due to his initial confusion.

What does confusion have to do with Supes dial 11 punch? smile

Zack Fair
Because Thor obviously can't grasp the concept of 11 worlds, DUH!

quanchi112
What does confusion have to do with Supes dial 11 punch? smile I was pointing out why he got ko'd.

Allankles
I was pointing out why he got ko'd.

I thought that had something to do with eating a diall 11 punch as opposed to a dial 2?

quanchi112
I thought that had something to do with eating a diall 11 punch as opposed to a dial 2? No. If you take superman's words as truth then Thor was badder than Ds according to superman.

Spire
I was pointing out why he got ko'd.

He got KO'd because he got hit in the face.

Sado22
thor took two nukes to the chest without trouble and took a beam that could destroy the world with little trouble. he can also dish out power moves that are faster than thought and as strong as a 1000 (or was it million?) exploding suns. that pretty much makes me think that he can take down supes if he wants to. and i highly doubt dial11 would bother a dude who can soak that kinda punishment.

~Sado

Spire
thor took two nukes to the chest without trouble and took a beam that could destroy the world with little trouble. he can also dish out power moves that are faster than thought and as strong as a 1000 (or was it million?) exploding suns. that pretty much makes me think that he can take down supes if he wants to. and i highly doubt dial11 would bother a dude who can soak that kinda punishment.

~Sado

Cool. Post game report says:

thor took two nukes to the chest without trouble and took a beam that could destroy the world with little trouble. he can also dish out power moves that are faster than thought and as strong as a 1000 (or was it million?) exploding suns.

= 10

Superman catching Thor's hammer and KOing Thor while sitting

= 11

Wild Shadow
thor still possess superhuman speed capable of reaching his thrown weapon after he has thrown it, able to move faster then a "mortal eye".

able to summon his weather powers although not as pretty and flash with the control his hammer provides but it is their.

he possess all his superhuman stats unless he is still afflicted by his 60 sec rule.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by h1a8

With that said,
I've seen Thor countless of times been hit in the face and was made to drop his hammer. This is a big weakness of his.

So when Thor snaps his fingers and uses the odinforce to teleport supes into a red sun what is Supes going to do. Thor can still teleport using the odinforce and sperman has no resist too it. How come everytime there is a post of Thor superman comes in lol.

Only Superman that was stronger then Thor was pre crisi supes Thor has plenty of feats to prove this go check out the respect thread. Same goes for durability THor ans supes are too close too cool. Thor will always be greater the supes why you ask he has no weakness. Little green rocks and getting a tan under a red sun Thor will just laugh at superman.

occultdestroyer
Thor's weakness is his hammer.

Take it away, and he's a goner (unless we are talking peak versions)

Allankles
No. If you take superman's words as truth then Thor was badder than Ds according to superman.

DS has punked Supes in the past so he extends his dials to 52 against DS. Thor is lucky he only went to 11.

quanchi112
DS has punked Supes in the past so he extends his dials to 52 against DS. Thor is lucky he only went to 11. When has he punked Supes in the past? Ds has been utterly humiliated by Superman and has fled from him. Thor runs from no one.

Allankles
When has he punked Supes in the past? Ds has been utterly humiliated by Superman and has fled from him. Thor runs from no one.

DS has punked him in Super Powers, Confidential, DOTNG, The Darkside, Countdown need I go on? Hell, you can spare a visit to the respect forum for the specifics.

As I said, Thor was lucky he didn't dial up to 52.

Wild Shadow
since when in hell did sperman get a dial attached to him?

is it some kind of competition to compete with a warrior madness thor?

did he get jealous and wanted a power boost aside from a sun dip?

Allankles
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
since when in hell did sperman get a dial attached to him?

is it some kind of competition to compete with a warrior madness thor?

did he get jealous and wanted a power boost aside from a sun dip?

confused Are you serious?

DarkOdin
DS has punked him in Super Powers, Confidential, DOTNG, The Darkside, Countdown need I go on? Hell, you can spare a visit to the respect forum for the specifics.

As I said, Thor was lucky he didn't dial up to 52.

Please superman won because he is D/C flagship character. That corssover being cannon is just plain pis. Classic Thor and supes would be a close match either way. King Thor/ rune king Thor and current Thor would put supes down like a bad habit.

Philosophía
That corssover being cannon is just plain pis.

crylaugh

Wild Shadow
confused Are you serious?

are you laughing? confused

SoulDevourer
Thor without his hammer can put a gaping hole in Captain America's shield (godblast). if thats "wimpy" then I dunno what else hes gotta do to prove he aint

DarkOdin

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
Thor without his hammer can put a gaping hole in Captain America's shield (godblast). if thats "wimpy" then I dunno what else hes gotta do to prove he aint

Stop using godblast about everything....

jalek moye
SO i guees you call catching Thor's hammer with ease and knocking himout with little effect good. Then superman losing to the avenger's something Thor wouldn't have a problem doing good writing. laughing

Superman one b/c he is superman.

Everyone says it is cannon but other then D/C aknowledging it in comics marvel doesn't

Stan lee the man who made Thor says he wouldn't have him lose to supes.

Superman will always have a bigger fanbase then almost any other character. Thor losed befroe the comic was written.
actually him and superman can beat each other

DarkOdin
Originally posted by jalek moye
actually him and superman can beat each other

i mention that already in a prevous post. However juts as this thread shows Superman had quite the fanboy worship around him. Not everyone but enough. This thread was simple is Thor a wimp without his hammer and the faster then a speeding bullet the Superman fanboys run in here a post things that have nothing to do with the thread.

Philosophía
*blabbering*

I laughed at you calling something being canonized PIS. It's rare when somebody demonstrates his stupidity in an original way.

The post I just quoted for example, is a 'classic' way of showing your stupidity.

DarkOdin

Sado22
what's this dials bullshit now ? confused

Kris Blaze
what's this dials bullshit now ? confused

Superman said "Here, the dials go up to 11" when he knocked out Thor in a crossover.

Sado22
i know. i'm talking about people saying he can go 52 dials? wtf is that? when did supes turn into a telephone directory?

Eel O'Brien
SO i guees you call catching Thor's hammer with ease and knocking himout with little effect good. Then superman losing to the avenger's something Thor wouldn't have a problem doing good writing. laughing

Superman one b/c he is superman.

Everyone says it is cannon but other then D/C aknowledging it in comics marvel doesn't

Stan lee the man who made Thor says he wouldn't have him lose to supes.

Superman will always have a bigger fanbase then almost any other character. Thor losed befroe the comic was written.

If Superman won because he was Superman, he would have trashed the remaining Avengers as well. The fact that the Avengers beat him with little effort is a testament to how far Thor took him.

Superman scored a knockout. People with simlar physical attributes are capable of that; so how is it PIS?

You make it sound like Supes uppercutting someone really hard is completely beyond imagining...

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Superman said "Here, the dials go up to 11" when he knocked out Thor in a crossover.

Thor said one of his famous not in the nine worlds speechs. Which in morse mythos there are 9 levels of the universe. So supes one up him well..... He 2 up him and planted one in Thors face pretty funny i thought.

Allankles
i know. i'm talking about people saying he can go 52 dials? wtf is that? when did supes turn into a telephone directory?

lol

Kris Blaze
Thor said one of his famous not in the nine worlds speechs. Which in morse mythos there are 9 levels of the universe. So supes one up him well..... He 2 up him and planted one in Thors face pretty funny i thought.

Like I said.

Superman said it when he knocked out Thor in a crossover.

DarkOdin
If Superman won because he was Superman, he would have trashed the remaining Avengers as well. The fact that the Avengers beat him with little effort is a testament to how far Thor took him.

Superman scored a knockout. People with simlar physical attributes are capable of that; so how is it PIS?

You make it sound like Supes uppercutting someone really hard is completely beyond imagining...

The knock out is not PIS and Supes beating Thor is not PIS Thor walking thru his heat vison which should of burned Thor of knocked him back or something that was PIS.

THor not using he hammer to block supes heat vison was PIS. Thor is a bull and will like to brawl but he defect the heat vison with Mjolnir not walk right into and energy beam that he doesn't know of pwoerful it was.

THen supes catching mjolnir with one had with what looked like little effect was pis. Know supes using his superspped moving out of the way of mjolnir and giving him and uppercut i could see. but to just grab the hammer in mid swing.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Stop using godblast about everything.... he didnt use hammor nor godblast when he stalemate Hercules, so there stick out tongue

occultdestroyer
Whatever man.

Thor still needs his little rattle to use the Bubublast.

psycho gundam
what's this dials bullshit now ? confused it's a reference to the power ratings on either marvel.com or on cards or whatever uses numbers.

basically the writer was a tard, just forget it happened.

Badabing
Closed before I start dealing out warnings and bannings.

There's no reason for people to get their feathers ruffled, start bashing and reporting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.