thanos vs silver surfer (with a brain)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darkness_Within
in this battle surfer just doesnt go in there blasting crap he says hmmmm hey i can open black holes why dont i just use those? thanos can be hurt by them HAHA I FINALLY HAVE STARTED TO USE MY BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YEARS.

quanchi112
Thanos decimates him.

Darkness_Within
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos decimates him.

yes and the delusion mainly yours continues................i said silver surfer uses his brain pfft even warlock turned thanos into a freaking statue......and please dont talk to me about how he's a high level herald he couldnt even handle ultron. And i dont believe ultron is herald level not the mechanical version anyway maybe the one with breasts because she stalemated the sentry but the sentrys power levels are up and down.

And how exactly pray tell does he counter a black hole?

skygunner41
Thanos decimates him.

congrats

Darkness_Within
still nobody answers my question as to how thanos counters a black hole..........

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darkness_Within
yes and the delusion mainly yours continues................i said silver surfer uses his brain pfft even warlock turned thanos into a freaking statue......and please dont talk to me about how he's a high level herald he couldnt even handle ultron. And i dont believe ultron is herald level not the mechanical version anyway maybe the one with breasts because she stalemated the sentry but the sentrys power levels are up and down.

And how exactly pray tell does he counter a black hole? Correction: Warlock's ghost turned a weaker Thanos into a statue. That isn't relevant here.

Thanos teleports right out of the black hole or just outright survives it like he did before and then demolishes him in a few blows. Nothing new here.

I'm Bran
Didn't read the posts, but Thanos wins.

Slaanesh
thanos win..

Darkness_Within
Correction: Warlock's ghost turned a weaker Thanos into a statue. That isn't relevant here.

Thanos teleports right out of the black hole or just outright survives it like he did before and then demolishes him in a few blows. Nothing new here.

He doesnt get his chair or teleporter he only gets to use his natural abilities here as is fair since the surfer has no equpitment except which his body can produce. If thanos is so great he should be able to teleport on his own.

quanchi112
He doesnt get his chair or teleporter he only gets to use his natural abilities here as is fair since the surfer has no equpitment except which his body can produce. If thanos is so great he should be able to teleport on his own. Thanos can still teleport friend. Are you bothered by the fact Thanos wins and easily at that.

Darkness_Within
yeah right your bothered by the fact that thanos is a PIS and CIS machine with a legion of fanboys like YOU around to kiss his ass, which is why he's dead because someone like me was at marvel thinking how retarded the trend was and decided to kill him off using drax........hmmm i guess drax's hand > silver surfer lol drax who couldnt even fly anymore. Im sorry my friend but if he can teleport himself why does he need the damn teleporters?

quanchi112
yeah right your bothered by the fact that thanos is a PIS and CIS machine with a legion of fanboys like YOU around to kiss his ass, which is why he's dead because someone like me was at marvel thinking how retarded the trend was and decided to kill him off using drax........hmmm i guess drax's hand > silver surfer lol drax who couldnt even fly anymore. Im sorry my friend but if he can teleport himself why does he need the damn teleporters? I could tell you had an axe to grind with Thanos. I always find it amusing when people want to ignore the comics and just make up stuff in their heads. It is the definition of a fanboy.

Zack Fair
Drax defines PIS.

Anyways...Marvel has made it clear Thanos >>> Surfer.

Enyalus
Thanos in a very one-sided match. Surfer won't even be able to hurt him.

skygunner41
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thanos in a very one-sided match. Surfer won't even be able to hurt him.

even with his brain storming?

Zack Fair
While he brainstorms for ideas and feats he has done in the past Thanos pummels him in 3 blows.

No tactic beats the good ole fist to the face. 131

Darkness_Within
I could tell you had an axe to grind with Thanos. I always find it amusing when people want to ignore the comics and just make up stuff in their heads. It is the definition of a fanboy.

He uses teleportation devicse friend stop imagening a conspiracy........oh and did silver surfer create a black hole or not? in annihilation? And im not a fan of silver surfer he use to have almost a big a fanboy legion as thanos did. Look at yourself man......you have a thanos avatar..........and i actually feel bad for trying to diss your fav character but lets face it if i put him against the presance youd find a excuse to let him win

The Great Galen
SS creates a blackhole in Thanos brain, I'd say SS wins the majority.

Enyalus
Originally posted by skygunner41
even with his brain storming?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_SilverSurfer353.jpg

Surfer can't hurt Thanos. He's not powerful enough. Thanos has taken multiple blasts by Odin in Asgard without even flinching.

Darkness_Within
the reason people in here say thanos wins is cause they dont properly gauge the abilities of surfer and how stupidly he used his abilities on thanos in the past. its like a damn myth that they created out of thanos, yes thanos is galactus level.........give me a fking break.

Mindset
Originally posted by The Great Galen
SS creates a blackhole in Thanos brain, I'd say SS wins the majority. That's a good idea, he could probably do that against Supes too.

Enyalus
the reason people in here say thanos wins is cause they dont properly gauge the abilities of surfer and how stupidly he used his abilities on thanos in the past. its like a damn myth that they created out of thanos, yes thanos is galactus level.........give me a fking break.

Have you ever read anything with Thanos or Surfer in them? A comic, I mean.

Be honest.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Drax defines PIS.

Anyways...Marvel has made it clear Thanos >>> Surfer. Yep.Originally posted by Darkness_Within
He uses teleportation devicse friend stop imagening a conspiracy........oh and did silver surfer create a black hole or not? in annihilation? And im not a fan of silver surfer he use to have almost a big a fanboy legion as thanos did. Look at yourself man......you have a thanos avatar..........and i actually feel bad for trying to diss your fav character but lets face it if i put him against the presance youd find a excuse to let him win He can teleport on his own but it takes extreme concentration and he relies on tech most of the time. Quit trolling man. This thread isn't about the presence it is about surfer and he loses.

Thanos 10 of 10.Originally posted by The Great Galen
SS creates a blackhole in Thanos brain, I'd say SS wins the majority. When has he done this? Why won't this defeat henshaw? In another thread you argued for Henshaw, but it seems you pick and ignore certain strategies depending on which character it is or not.

Zack Fair
...I give it to Thanos because Marvel has gone out of their way to show in multiple encounters that Thanos >>> Surfer.

Do I agree that Surfer fights stupid? Yes.

However it is still marvel's way of showing how superior Thanos is by just making Surfer look like a chump.

I don't like it either.

Mindset
Have you ever read anything with Thanos or Surfer in them? A comic, I mean.

Be honest. Do you even need to ask?

Darkness_Within
ive read the infinity gauntlet comics, ive read the thanos 12 issue mini series, ive read annihilation, ive read the mini series were he had all those clones of himself that had powers of dr strange and professor x and galactus, Ive read the one were he gets the heart of the universe.

As for surfer, ive read annihilation which is his current power set though people say he's not stronger just i uno he just doesnt hold back anymore.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you even need to ask?

No, but I like to get it out in the open, rather than me simply accusing him of it and ending up warned.

quanchi112
ive read the infinity gauntlet comics, ive read the thanos 12 issue mini series, ive read annihilation, ive read the mini series were he had all those clones of himself that had powers of dr strange and professor x and galactus, Ive read the one were he gets the heart of the universe.

As for surfer, ive read annihilation which is his current power set though people say he's not stronger just i uno he just doesnt hold back anymore. What has Surfer done to prove to you he can defeat Thanos?

The Great Galen
That's a good idea, he could probably do that against Supes too.

Yeah except Thanos got really ****ed up by a blackhole....and plus Thanos has prick level combat speed where Sueps does not, nice try there mr.shithead smile .

Darkness_Within
What has Surfer done to prove to you he can defeat Thanos?

I JUST TOLD YOU...........make a black hole the black hole can swollow thanos which has happend. He was bleeding pretty badly too In fact why not make multiple black holes to get the job done.

I'm Bran
Yeah except Thanos got really ****ed up by a blackhole....and plus Thanos has prick level combat speed where Sueps does not, nice try there mr.shithead smile . Probably because the black hole closed behind him... and the only damaged was cuts.

Combat speed has nothing to do with having a black hole created in your NOGGN!

reported for bashing

quanchi112
Yeah except Thanos got really ****ed up by a blackhole....and plus Thanos has prick level combat speed where Sueps does not, nice try there mr.shithead smile . Thanos was fine after the blackhole. Context.Originally posted by Darkness_Within
I JUST TOLD YOU...........make a black hole the black hole can swollow thanos which has happend. He was bleeding pretty badly too In fact why not make multiple black holes to get the job done. I just told you he can teleport. A few punches is all he needs. Thanos was fine after the black holes. He withstood odin blasts which have affected the multiverse.

Darkness_Within
and i told you he needs a devince.........he dont get one in this battle.

......he withstood odins multiverse affecting blasts and you dont find that a bit.....................PIS or CIS?

Mindset

......he withstood odins multiverse affecting blasts and you dont find that a bit.....................PIS or CIS? They weren't multiverse affecting blasts

Enyalus

His teleportation tech is on his belt. Are you sending him into this battle naked? Not only that, but he - like all Eternals, can teleport under their own power without the aid of tech.

quanchi112

......he withstood odins multiverse affecting blasts and you dont find that a bit.....................PIS or CIS? No, he doesn't. I have already told you he doesn't.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/Warlock10-13-1.jpg

No, it isn't pis it's canon, bro. People who make up excuses usually do so because of personal bias.

Darkness_Within
then why the hell he needs the belt? And i dont wear a damn belt does that make me naked? NO your sick dude imagening me naked :P

quanchi112
then why the hell he needs the belt? And i dont wear a damn belt does that make me naked? NO your sick dude imagening me naked :P You are just being weird now.

Darkness_Within
look in the mirror for once sir dont point out my problems and not your own

Naija boy

Just no. Im a huge surfer fan and have almost evrything he has EVER been in and i can tell u that he doesnt beat thanos.

quanchi112
look in the mirror for once sir dont point out my problems and not your own I posted a scan of Thanos teleporting without his tech. Now what?

The Great Galen
Anyhow, SS blackholes Thanos in the head for the win.

Darkness_Within
now i call bullshit on it because he's always used tech

Mindset
now i call bullshit on it because he's always used tech What?

quanchi112
now i call bullshit on it because he's always used tech Did you read the scan? Why would he have to concentrate if it was tech?Originally posted by The Great Galen
Anyhow, SS blackholes Thanos in the head for the win. Why doesn't this apply to Henshaw in that thread?

Darkness_Within
you didnt read me sir........HE HAS USUALLY ALWAYS USED TECH TO TELEPORT

quanchi112
you didnt read me sir........HE HAS USUALLY ALWAYS USED TECH TO TELEPORT Because it is easier. He can still teleport without it though.

Mindset
you didnt read me sir........HE HAS USUALLY ALWAYS USED TECH TO TELEPORT He doesn't need tech to do it, that's all that matters.

quanchi112
He doesn't need tech to do it, that's all that matters. Exactly.

skygunner41
Why to argue Thanos win here. poppy-emoticon

Darkness_Within
Exactly.

your insane dude.........in the message you just sent me you said i dont know who can beat thanos only thanos can be thanos.........i gave you a list of people including odin, godling spawn, king spawn, king thor, and you said that you never read about them.........your sick or lieing.

quanchi112
your insane dude.........in the message you just sent me you said i dont know who can beat thanos only thanos can be thanos.........i gave you a list of people including odin, godling spawn, king spawn, king thor, and you said that you never read about them.........your sick or lieing. Don't speak about pm's out in the open here. Most of the characters you were ranting about I have never read about and I told you that.

Darkness_Within
you did read about odin he was on the list..........and you just pm'd me JUST NOW that thanos would defeat odin and king thor.........your totally utterly delusional

quanchi112
you did read about odin he was on the list..........and you just pm'd me JUST NOW that thanos would defeat odin and king thor.........your totally utterly delusional He has been upgraded since their stalemate.

Darkness_Within
stalemate? what stalemate......he was bloody and got to stand up.......odin didnt have one cut on him you call that a stalemate? Upgraded by who? by death? she isnt even that powerful...........rune king thor killed those who shit in shadow

Darkness_Within
NOW I KNOW YOUR SECRET QUANCHI.........you keep making up shit about how thanos would win in any fight till people are so dumb founded by your insanity they say IT MUST BE TRUE.........because they dont want to believe your that insane

quanchi112
stalemate? what stalemate......he was bloody and got to stand up.......odin didnt have one cut on him you call that a stalemate? Upgraded by who? by death? she isnt even that powerful...........rune king thor killed those who shit in shadow He was losing, but the fight ended in a stalemate Upgraded bu himself.

You said King Thor and are trying to change it to RK Thor.

Odin>King Thor by the by.

Darkness_Within
king thor and rune king thor are the same person rune king thor was just thor at full power when he learned to unlock the full power of the odin force.

Naija boy
king thor and rune king thor are the same person rune king thor was just thor at full power when he learned to unlock the full power of the odin force.
Huge NO. RKT was thor with the runes in addition to the Odin force. He was more powerful than regular kingthor and Odin as well.

Mindset
king thor and rune king thor are the same person rune king thor was just thor at full power when he learned to unlock the full power of the odin force. Yes they are both Thor, that much is correct.

Darkness_Within
the full extent of the odin power included power over RUNES he went a step beyond what his father did and thus achieved the odin power at higher level the point is the odin power is the source of both beings.

Naija boy
the full extent of the odin power included power over RUNES he went a step beyond what his father did and thus achieved the odin power at higher level the point is the odin power is the source of both beings.

Nowhere was it stated that he was unlocking the supposed "full odin power". The magic of the runes is something entirely different.

Mindset
the full extent of the odin power included power over RUNES based on?

quanchi112
king thor and rune king thor are the same person rune king thor was just thor at full power when he learned to unlock the full power of the odin force. No, they were entirely different by the by.

skygunner41
No, they were entirely different by the by.

He still Thor.

quanchi112
He still Thor. But King Thor an dRune King Thor are entirely different. R K Thor was more than Odin while King Thor wasn't.

skygunner41
But King Thor an dRune King Thor are entirely different. R K Thor was more than Odin while King Thor wasn't.

He still Thor regardless on different power level though.

Allankles
Originally posted by Naija boy
Just no. Im a huge surfer fan and have almost evrything he has EVER been in and i can tell u that he doesnt beat thanos.

Whenever SS fights Thanos he becomes a quivering girl his PC becomes weak, his chin turns to glass. Thanos is his silver bullet, his kryptonite. Thanos > SS.

Compare Thor's performances or Morg's and this becomes clear.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Allankles
Whenever SS fights Thanos he becomes a quivering girl his PC becomes weak, his chin turns to glass. Thanos is his silver bullet, his kryptonite. Thanos > SS.

Compare Thor's performances or Morg's and this becomes clear.

Regular thor has been thrashed by thanos together with thing. Even amped in warrior madness he still coudnt beat thanos. The only victory he has, he was amped and it was a thanos clone

Allankles
Originally posted by Naija boy
Regular thor has been thrashed by thanos together with thing. Even amped in warrior madness he still coudnt beat thanos. The only victory he has, he was amped and it was a thanos clone

WM Thor wasn't beaten by Thanos and the fight was cut off prematurely anyway. Thanos clones have been known to be more powerful than the original like Warrior Thanosi and the like.

I'm Bran
WM Thor wasn't beaten by Thanos and the fight was cut off prematurely anyway. Thanos clones have been known to be more powerful than the original like Warrior Thanosi and the like. He said he couldn't beat Thanos.

Only the specified ones.
And that clone also killed Thor in an Odin Vision...

quanchi112
He still Thor regardless on different power level though. Yes, but his power level is completely different and his overall knowledge and temperament is different. Originally posted by Allankles
WM Thor wasn't beaten by Thanos and the fight was cut off prematurely anyway. Thanos clones have been known to be more powerful than the original like Warrior Thanosi and the like. Which clones were more powerful than Thanos?Originally posted by Allankles

Compare Thor's performances or Morg's and this becomes clear. No, it is just Thanos>Surfer. Against each other and against common foes he has done much better.

Nihilist
thanos stomps

psycho gundam
in this battle surfer just doesnt go in there blasting crap he says hmmmm hey i can open black holes why dont i just use those? thanos can be hurt by them HAHA I FINALLY HAVE STARTED TO USE MY BRAIN FOR ONCE IN YEARS. to answer your question, (imo) YES i think thanos would be effected by the singularity for sure, i mean who wouldn't under the cosmic/abstract category?

as for his full body being pulled within it... not sure since a black hole that small might not have enough juice to destroy thanos outright, ko..sure.

but the thing about why he doesn't use that attack, it's because he is an advocate of peace without violence (norrin radd), herald of galactus surfer might do it however so maybe in the future we'll see feets in this matter.

so far under galactus' sway he pwned saakar's oldpower and gave skaar a two piece and a biscuit.

Captain REX
Yeah except Thanos got really ****ed up by a blackhole....and plus Thanos has prick level combat speed where Sueps does not, nice try there mr.shithead smile .

Have an official warning for that, Galen. I would have thought two bans and several warnings would have taught you NOT to say dumb things such as quoted above. Apparently not. Thin ice, my friend.

Endless Mike
I am firmly of the opinion that Thanos should be Surfer every time with their standard powersets

Wild Shadow
even if SS went full out with brains against thanos, i think more often then not thanos will win just from past power displays that he has accomplished. thanos seems to have forgotten more powers the way ppl wear shoes.

thanos 6/10

Uxas Khan
Norrin simply does not have the power to even phase thanos.he loses every time

Bouboumaster
WM Thor wasn't beaten by Thanos and the fight was cut off prematurely anyway. Thanos clones have been known to be more powerful than the original like Warrior Thanosi and the like.

You forgot to say that he had the power gem too.

And still just statlemated Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
THanos everyday of the week and twice on sunday. It's really that simple.

skygunner41
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
THanos everyday of the week and twice on sunday. It's really that simple.

Why twice on Sunday?

Darkness_Within
man i gotta stop coming here so often you all make my brain hurt because of quanchi's nonsense and the thanos fanboyism

Nihilist
thanos stomps

quanchi112
man i gotta stop coming here so often you all make my brain hurt because of quanchi's nonsense and the thanos fanboyism The majority here says that Thanos wins, not just me.

Darkness_Within
yeah the majority are fanboys like you and you helped brainwash them probably........odin would beat thanos oh gosh give me a break then in the other thread oh thanos would teleport behind ale darkseid gosh your a psycho and why did you say i was following you? this is my thread who's following who?

quanchi112
yeah the majority are fanboys like you and you helped brainwash them probably........odin would beat thanos oh gosh give me a break then in the other thread oh thanos would teleport behind ale darkseid gosh your a psycho and why did you say i was following you? this is my thread who's following who? Listen let us stay on topic and talk about this thread in this thread. Thanos 10 of 10 until the Surfer actually beats him I cannot fathom how anyone says Surfer wins here.

Darkness_Within
ive talked about the thread psycho boy...........silver surfer uses a black hole to hurt thanos you give a dumb reason as to how he escapes a reason thats probably outdated, and then people listen to you because there as delusional as you and i keep arguing with you.......dude get the hell out of my threads i dont wanna talk to a rabid fanboy like you i rather talk to someone who see's to reason not someone who believes thanos can defeat odin and king thor or rune king thor.

quanchi112
ive talked about the thread psycho boy...........silver surfer uses a black hole to hurt thanos you give a dumb reason as to how he escapes a reason thats probably outdated, and then people listen to you because there as delusional as you and i keep arguing with you.......dude get the hell out of my threads i dont wanna talk to a rabid fanboy like you i rather talk to someone who see's to reason not someone who believes thanos can defeat odin and king thor or rune king thor. When has the Silver Surfer blackholed anyone?

Even though we have seen Thanos survive one so I fail to see your point.

Put me on ignore then.

Darkness_Within
dude stop blabbing.........i said he uses his brain your even trying to get a win for thanos in the darkseid vs ALE thread your insane No i dont want you on ignore i want you off my damn threads

Kris Blaze
Their powers are virtually the same only Thanos' are stronger.

Darkness_Within
surfers are more diverse thats the clincher if he uses his brain thus the name of the thread quanchi cant read anything that makes him even start thinking of thanos losing

Bentley
Thanos by mind-rape.

Darkness_Within
i havent seen him use no powers that are that great having to do with his mind...........he has had to use gamora in the past just to get into galactus head

quanchi112
dude stop blabbing.........i said he uses his brain your even trying to get a win for thanos in the darkseid vs ALE thread your insane No i dont want you on ignore i want you off my damn threads So you are making up ways in your head to get surfer the win.Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos by mind-rape. I personally like when he just beats the piss out of him.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos by mind-rape.

He's not beating Surfer via telepathy.

surfers are more diverse thats the clincher if he uses his brain thus the name of the thread quanchi cant read anything that makes him even start thinking of thanos losing

They both have energy manipulation....

Darkness_Within
ive never seen thanos open black holes like i said he cant even teleport under his own power and they say he can yet he still uses the damn devince

Kris Blaze
ive never seen thanos open black holes like i said he cant even teleport under his own power and they say he can yet he still uses the damn devince

There are incidents where he teleports using his own power. It requires focus however and isn't as fast as his personal teleporter.

Darkness_Within
dont talk to qunachi he thinks thanos can defeat lucifer moringstar

Wild Shadow
thanos more often then not just smacks server around to death with the initial blows, just by teleporting behind him.

thanos can used his old comic feat powers from way back like his "Time - Mind - Sync - Warp" attack.

Badabing
dont talk to qunachi he thinks thanos can defeat lucifer moringstar You have a lot to say to people for such a new poster. Your best bet is to tone down the sarcasm and trolling.

quanchi112
ive never seen thanos open black holes like i said he cant even teleport under his own power and they say he can yet he still uses the damn devince I showed you a scan of him doing just that.

Darkness_Within
you also believe that thanos is better at prep then lucifer morningstar...........your insane or just screwing with people i think your just trying to piss me off.

comicfan11
Thanos beats Surfer.
It's what he does for a living.

Seriously know if you consider ALL their previous encounters
Thanos>>>>Surfer

Darkness_Within
all there previous encounters are not relevant now because we've seen what surfer has been able to do up to now.

comicfan11
all there previous encounters are not relevant now because we've seen what surfer has been able to do up to now.

Then we'll just have to see if SS new abilities can hurt Thanos.
It's highly possible the can (when Thanos returns from the dead), but until then I'm going with Thanos

skyfather
in this scenario surfer would be lucky to get 2/10

quanchi112
all there previous encounters are not relevant now because we've seen what surfer has been able to do up to now. H has no feats anywhere near close to taking on Odin or Tyrant. Thanos still wins.

Enyalus
H has no feats anywhere near close to taking on Odin or Tyrant. Thanos still wins.

For what its worth, and somewhat off topic, I think the most recent Thanos would be able to take an even split at least with Odin or DP Tyrant. He's had two upgrades since fighting Odin, and integrated Tyrant's orb into his own power...

*nod*

quanchi112
For what its worth, and somewhat off topic, I think the most recent Thanos would be able to take an even split at least with Odin or DP Tyrant. He's had two upgrades since fighting Odin, and integrated Tyrant's orb into his own power...

*nod* I think he takes a majority against Odin, Tyrant I am not so sure about. The guy handed Galactus his ass while being well- fed and prepared for him. Thanos met up with Galactus since his final upgrade and was no match fo rhim.

Juk3n
THANOS WINS

someone in this thread needs a timeout, or maybe a botbot, or maybe a trip to the NAUGHTY STEP.

SRSLY - i have seen fanboyism taken to a whole new level reading the first 2 pages alone.

Darkness_Within
Originally posted by Juk3n
THANOS WINS

someone in this thread needs a timeout, or maybe a botbot, or maybe a trip to the NAUGHTY STEP.

SRSLY - i have seen fanboyism taken to a whole new level reading the first 2 pages alone.

you need some mental help "naughty step" ? im not even going to try to picture it my mind cannot handle the horror.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juk3n
THANOS WINS

SRSLY - i have seen fanboyism taken to a whole new level reading the first 2 pages alone. laughing out loud

janus77
seems to me that Thanos has never been pushed by Surfer. sure Surfer could do a lot better, in terms of strategy and such, but then it's not as if Thanos ever - EVER - really gave it much of an effort either.

if Surfer's present "energy output" is on Thanos' levels, I'd say it comes down to which is the more intelligent and resourceful. unfortunately for Surfer, that's not him no expression

Avlon
If SS uses some of the strategies made up on KMC, he could garner some wins.

Under normal circumstances..he will lose. Thanos is like kryptonite to SS.. his brain automatically shuts off around him.

And Odin or Tyrant would destroy either one. No supposed upgrades are going to change that.

jalek moye
Thanos wins, like always. Surfer would a little better then normal but would still get embarrased

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by janus77
seems to me that Thanos has never been pushed by Surfer. sure Surfer could do a lot better, in terms of strategy and such, but then it's not as if Thanos ever - EVER - really gave it much of an effort either.

if Surfer's present "energy output" is on Thanos' levels, I'd say it comes down to which is the more intelligent and resourceful. unfortunately for Surfer, that's not him no expression

QFT. This is from a SS fan no less.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Avlon
And Odin or Tyrant would destroy either one. No supposed upgrades are going to change that.

Odin couldn't even scratch Thanos without Gungir. And admitted they were near equals and both drew from power sources of near-infinite might. And yes, Thanos has been upgraded. So to say that Odin would destroy Thanos in a neutral setting, both using standard tech is frankly ridiculous.

h1a8
He doesn't need tech to do it, that's all that matters.

Actually what matters is how fast he can do it.
Can he do it before he dies or becomes transformed?

h1a8
CIS on Thanos wins
CIS off SS wins

Acrosurge
Originally posted by janus77
if Surfer's present "energy output" is on Thanos' levels, I'd say it comes down to which is the more intelligent and resourceful. unfortunately for Surfer, that's not him no expression I pretty much agree with this. People want to downplay Thanos and say that without his technology, he's just Mongul-lite with energy blasts. This is absolutely false. Thanos is insanely durable, insanely strong, insanely intelligent, and naturally has access to vast stores of cosmic power with which he can manipulate both matter and energy.

Historically, aside from speed, he can do everything Surfer does to a higher degree. Like janus77, I'm not sure where Surfer places now at his current power levels, but it is no assumption to say that Thanos is still more intelligent and a better strategist.

Avlon
Odin couldn't even scratch Thanos without Gungir. And admitted they were near equals and both drew from power sources of near-infinite might. And yes, Thanos has been upgraded. So to say that Odin would destroy Thanos in a neutral setting, both using standard tech is frankly ridiculous.

Dude...now this is just a sad state of affairs when you're going along with this drivel.

Better said that Thanos couldn't lay a scratch on Odin. Odin hadn't even lost his morning showery freshness while Thanos was crispy and could barely stand up before the comic tossed in the towel for the titan.

Odin's rocked dimensions in battle.... Thanos has rocked....Surfer.

There's no comparison.

Enyalus
Dude...now this is just a sad state of affairs when you're going along with this drivel.

Better said that Thanos couldn't lay a scratch on Odin. Odin hadn't even lost his morning showery freshness while Thanos was crispy and could barely stand up before the comic tossed in the towel for the titan.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Odin_Thanos_compliment.jpg

That was after admitting that Thanos was a worthy foe, and prior to calling him a worthy foe again.

You're ignoring circumstances. Without Gungir, they were virtual equals in power. As backed up by what Odin says. Two hours prior to that Thanos had just went 12 rounds with WM Thor w/ PG. And literally minutes before that he had expended energy by helping to destroy Asgard's army. And I'll say it again, he's been upgraded since. On a neutral setting, it would be a much, much better contest.

Avlon
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Odin_Thanos_compliment.jpg

That was after admitting that Thanos was a worthy foe, and prior to calling him a worthy foe again.

You're ignoring circumstances. Without Gungir, they were virtual equals in power. As backed up by what Odin says. Two hours prior to that Thanos had just went 12 rounds with WM Thor w/ PG. And literally minutes before that he had expended energy by helping to destroy Asgard's army. And I'll say it again, he's been upgraded since. On a neutral setting, it would be a much, much better contest.

So Thanos is equal to a guy that by your own admission....

The Odin who rocks the multiverse with his energy blasts is going to toss out shots that are weaker than a red sun? Are you hearing yourself?

Let it go dude. Odin was nice to Thanos in the same way you're nice to a female that you aren't really interested in, but want to blaze. You say something comforting to her before you put it away.

Enyalus
Let it go dude. Odin was nice to Thanos in the same way you're nice to a female that you aren't really interested in, but want to blaze. You say something comforting to her before you put it away.

laughing out loud

I'm not even going to argue, just because your analogy was so cool.

h1a8
Originally posted by Acrosurge
I pretty much agree with this. People want to downplay Thanos and say that without his technology, he's just Mongul-lite with energy blasts. This is absolutely false. Thanos is insanely durable, insanely strong, insanely intelligent, and naturally has access to vast stores of cosmic power with which he can manipulate both matter and energy.

Historically, aside from speed, he can do everything Surfer does to a higher degree. Like janus77, I'm not sure where Surfer places now at his current power levels, but it is no assumption to say that Thanos is still more intelligent and a better strategist.

Thanos is insanely intelligent and insanely durable to energy projection.
He is, however, not insanely strong, insanely durable to blunt force, or insanely fast. This is not to say who wins though since CIS is on.

Enyalus
Originally posted by h1a8
He is, however, not insanely strong, insanely durable to blunt force,

Wha?

Nihilist
Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos is insanely intelligent and insanely durable to energy projection.
He is, however, not insanely strong, insanely durable to blunt force, or insanely fast. This is not to say who wins though since CIS is on. what on earth are you on about?

thanos has shown he can knock around class 100+ guys and high heralds with little trouble,or doesnt that count because he has'nt lifted a building.

what blunt force trauma have you seen ever do some real damage to him?

thanos has shown reaction times to speedblitz's arguably greater to what silver surfer has shown

quanchi112
If SS uses some of the strategies made up on KMC, he could garner some wins.

Under normal circumstances..he will lose. Thanos is like kryptonite to SS.. his brain automatically shuts off around him.

And Odin or Tyrant would destroy either one. No supposed upgrades are going to change that. I do not get where you are coming from with this. Thanos stood up to Tyrant albeit with an orb, but this guy rocked Galactus so that is an incredible showing to say the very least.

Odin admitted he wanted to kill the Titan, they had a lengthy battle, and Odin falsely thought Thanos vanquished. Thanos may not have done serious damage to Odin, but since he has become more powerful since that changes this don't you think?

Surfer has always been Thanos' ***** and I don't see that changing regardless of any strategy he comes in here with. It is funny because Odin oneshotted the Surfer and respected the shit out of Thanos in an extended fight.Originally posted by h1a8
CIS on Thanos wins
CIS off SS wins Based on what?

Odin's rocked dimensions in battle.... Thanos has rocked....Surfer.

There's no comparison. Thanos has rocked the Maker, power gem Thor, Galactus, etc. We saw exactly how they matched up to each other in that point in time. Thanos has become more powerful since which proves to me it would end much differently. You speak of upgrades all the time with regards to certain characters, but downplay Thanos' upgrade...what gives?Originally posted by Avlon
So Thanos is equal to a guy that by your own admission....

Let it go dude. Odin was nice to Thanos in the same way you're nice to a female that you aren't really interested in, but want to blaze. You say something comforting to her before you put it away. Odin respected Thanos. End of story.

Avlon
I do not get where you are coming from with this. Thanos stood up to Tyrant albeit with an orb, but this guy rocked Galactus so that is an incredible showing to say the very least.

A power up skews the fight and Thanos ran away. Not a good example except for good durability.

Thanos cheapshotted Galactus..he surely did not "rock Galactus" in any way...especially as he begged for his life.

Odin admitted he wanted to kill the Titan, they had a lengthy battle, and Odin falsely thought Thanos vanquished. Thanos may not have done serious damage to Odin, but since he has become more powerful since that changes this don't you think?

This post admits that Thanos and Odin aren't in the same league. Has Thanos been upgraded? Perhaps... it still doesn't put him on par with Odin in any way, shape, or form.

Surfer has always been Thanos' ***** and I don't see that changing regardless of any strategy he comes in here with. It is funny because Odin oneshotted the Surfer and respected the shit out of Thanos in an extended fight. Based on what?

Pretty much what I said. Thanos is like Kryptonite to Norrin. He grows extremely stupid around him and loses.

Thanos has rocked the Maker, power gem Thor, Galactus, etc. We saw exactly how they matched up to each other in that point in time. Thanos has become more powerful since which proves to me it would end much differently. You speak of upgrades all the time with regards to certain characters, but downplay Thanos' upgrade...what gives? Odin respected Thanos. End of story.

The Maker rocked Thanos. Thanos won on technicality. At full power, he was nothing to her. Same thing with Thor, cheapshotted Galan and then begged for his life, and lived to tell the tale against Odin.

Odin gave Thanos props. Still doesn't put Thanos on level with Odin.

King Kandy
Odin gave Thanos props. Still doesn't put Thanos on level with Odin.
However, Thanos has had two upgrades since.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by King Kandy

Avlon

Still doesn't put Thanos on level with Odin.

skyfather
However, Thanos has had two upgrades since. yeah,it puts him on or around odin lvl,seeing as how he took on the maker

King Kandy

This opinion of yours seems to be based in nothing but what you wish to believe. With his first upgrade, he could take on Tyrant and with his second he was powerful enough to defeat the Maker and hurt Galactus.

Originally, Thanos couldn't make Odin flinch.

Now, he can knock Galactus on his ass.

You'd have to be a fool not to see the clear difference in power. Currently, Thanos is above Odin.

Naija boy
Yeah thanos has been upgraded but still featwise i dont think he is on odins level let alone above it.

King Kandy
Must have been some pretty weak upgrades then.

The Great Galen
This opinion of yours seems to be based in nothing but what you wish to believe. With his first upgrade, he could take on Tyrant and with his second he was powerful enough to defeat the Maker and hurt Galactus.

You'd have to be a fool not to see the clear difference in power. Currently, Thanos is above Odin.

Sue has actually penetrated Galens body and Strange has managed to know him on his ass too...infact there a lot of chars who have. All Thanos did was endure Odin's beating and knock Galactus down.....a impressive feat but it doesn't validate him as being anywhere near Odin's level in power.

xJLxKing
So here is the question. Can Thanos survive a Black Hole in the brain. Like a Mini Black Hole.

Any ways going by history, Thanos defeats SS every time, but using Logic SS has a good chance at taking Thanos down. A Lot

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by xJLxKing
So here is the question. Can Thanos survive a Black Hole in the brain. Like a Mini Black Hole.

Any ways going by history, Thanos defeats SS every time, but using Logic SS has a good chance at taking Thanos down. A Lot

Eternals have molecular control on they're structures, if I'm right. So, manipulate Thanos from the inside, unless you are a ****in' badass, wouldn't happen. And Surfer isn't badass enough. smokin'

It would end like it always end, with a pimpslap in the shiny face of the herald of the Mighty Galactus.

Bouboumaster
Sue has actually penetrated Galens body and Strange has managed to know him on his ass too...infact there a lot of chars who have. All Thanos did was endure Odin's beating and knock Galactus down.....a impressive feat but it doesn't validate him as being anywhere near Odin's level in power.

They were already in the same ballpark before, and he had one or two upgrads since that.

Not saying that he would defeat Odin, I personnaly think that Odin would still defeat him, but I wouldn't be surprise to see Thanos now hurting Odin, and giving him a better fight.

skygunner41
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
They were already in the same ballpark before, and he had one or two upgrads since that.

Not saying that he would defeat Odin, I personnaly think that Odin would still defeat him, but I wouldn't be surprise to see Thanos now hurting Odin, and giving him a better fight.

What those 2 upgrade?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

I've seen a lot of characters cause injury to opponents above them, and I wouldn't say they were in the same ballpark. To me, Thanos hanged with Odin for as however long Odin wanted....if they were to rematch I think Odin would finish the fight faster IMO since he would know what to epect and he wouldn't be messing around.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Jesus Galan he wasn't messing around he was trying to kill Thanos that is quite clear on panel. He saluted Thanos and called him a very good opponent who rivals him in power. It's really quite clear Thanos could beat Odin some. Whether he could take a majority is another matter.

I'm Bran
Sue has actually penetrated Galens body and Strange has managed to know him on his ass too...infact there a lot of chars who have. All Thanos did was endure Odin's beating and knock Galactus down.....a impressive feat but it doesn't validate him as being anywhere near Odin's level in power. Sue was a 616 version, and Galactus was an alternate version who killed everyone, and wasn't damaged in the slightest against Sue.

Galactus was already in the air (ie, not planted), and was toying with Strange. Strange certainly didn't send him 100 of miles away, or damage him in the slightest.

quanchi112
A power up skews the fight and Thanos ran away. Not a good example except for good durability.

Thanos cheapshotted Galactus..he surely did not "rock Galactus" in any way...especially as he begged for his life.

This post admits that Thanos and Odin aren't in the same league. Has Thanos been upgraded? Perhaps... it still doesn't put him on par with Odin in any way, shape, or form.

Pretty much what I said. Thanos is like Kryptonite to Norrin. He grows extremely stupid around him and loses.

The Maker rocked Thanos. Thanos won on technicality. At full power, he was nothing to her. Same thing with Thor, cheapshotted Galan and then begged for his life, and lived to tell the tale against Odin.

Odin gave Thanos props. Still doesn't put Thanos on level with Odin. Thano sued the orb as a weapon, but the orb did nothing for his durability. This was before his final upgrade anyways. Just being able to exchange blows with someone who can hammer Galactus is an awesome feat in anyone's book I would assume.

Galactus was facing him and there was no cheapshot. I have no idea where you are getting this from.

Thanos was losing the fight, but the fight clearly had them in the same league. An upgrade to me shows he bridges the gap and is more powerful than Odin. I mean Odin didn't even defeat him the first time and you saying he still isn't in league wit him is based on nothing imo.

No, I said it wouldn't matter is Surfer changed his strategy and that Thanos is simply above him. He isn't stupid around him he is just less powerful, less durable, less ruthless, and not as intelligent.

When Thanos came to fight the Maker he easily toyed with her, physically hurt her, and then mindraped her because he didn't want to kill her.

He didn't cheapshot Galactus. Read the story.

quanchi112

You'd have to be a fool not to see the clear difference in power. Currently, Thanos is above Odin. thumb up

Originally posted by xJLxKing

Any ways going by history, Thanos defeats SS every time, but using Logic SS has a good chance at taking Thanos down. A Lot When has Surfer blackholed anyone's brain? Next thing I'll hear is creating a sun in your eardrum from Onslaught. Seriously, people.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Jesus Galan he wasn't messing around he was trying to kill Thanos that is quite clear on panel. He saluted Thanos and called him a very good opponent who rivals him in power. It's really quite clear Thanos could beat Odin some. Whether he could take a majority is another matter.

For ****s sake....Odin wasn't even remotly interested in the fight lol. He isn't a killer and is hardly bloodlusted....Thanos competed for as long as Odin wanted him to smile .

The Great Galen
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Sue was a 616 version, and Galactus was an alternate version who killed everyone, and wasn't damaged in the slightest against Sue.

Galactus was already in the air (ie, not planted), and was toying with Strange. Strange certainly didn't send him 100 of miles away, or damage him in the slightest.

Neither was Galactus when Thanos hit him...and Strange IMO did more damage.

I'm Bran
Neither was Galactus when Thanos hit him...and Strange IMO did more damage. He did forcibly throw him quite a ways a ways, and damaged his armor.

Strange did more damage... what damage did Strange do?

quanchi112
For ****s sake....Odin wasn't even remotly interested in the fight lol. He isn't a killer and is hardly bloodlusted....Thanos competed for as long as Odin wanted him to smile . Odin admitted he wanted to kill him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>