Fantastic Four: Dark Reign one-shot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
got this idea while reading my character development thread.

In light of the events of the Secret Invasion and the aftermath resulting in with the introduction of the Dark Reign, Marvels First Family decides to host a press conference at the Baxter Building to announce their superhero status to the world. During the nationally televised event a colorless odorless gas fills the conference room. Before any could react the entire hall including the team and assembled reporters are unconscious. The world looks on in horror as masked figures enter the room and systematically butcher the news reporters, rape Invisible Woman, nearly drown Human Torch in flame retardant, carve craters and brand monster on Things skin, and crucify Reed to the Fantastic Four symbol. Regaining consciousness the team free Reed and run upstairs to search for the children, only to find a blood splattered room and an envelope. Upon opening the letter a bomb detonates and hurls the team miles away, they only survive due to IWs force field. Returning to the building only a crater remains. Realising that the envelope is still clutched his hands Reed opens the letter. "You have one week to deliver the heads of Charles Xavier, Namor, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther or you will have two dead children".... instantly the mutilated body of Valerie is teleported to their feet.

this isn't a normal week, its actually five days because two days have passed since the first attack.

no tech or prep for reed

Charles has the original x men only with him to protect him

Black Panther only has Storm standard equipment and the Ebony Blade

Namor has Namorita and ten guards

Strange is at home alone

and Black Bolt has the Royal Family ...

The get no rest in between battles, and none of the illuminati fighters know they're coming.

NO OUTSIDE HELP, and sole reliance on their powers.

F4 is bloodlusted

Can they do it?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Sin I AM
The world looks on in horror as masked figures enter the room and systematically butcher the news reporters, rape Invisible Woman, nearly drown Human Torch in flame retardant, carve craters and brand monster on Things skin, and crucify Reed to the Fantastic Four symbol. Regaining consciousness the team free Reed and run upstairs to search for the children, only to find a blood splattered room and an envelope. Upon opening the letter a bomb detonates and hurls the team miles away, they only survive due to IWs force field. Returning to the building only a crater remains. Realising that the envelope is still clutched his hands Reed opens the letter. "You have one week to deliver the heads of Charles Xavier, Namor, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, and Black Panther or you will have two dead children".... instantly the mutilated body of Valerie is teleported to their feet.

You've got a dark mind, lady. I like.

Reed can do practically anything with a week's prep, so yeah I'd give FF the win. Dunno how, but Reed would do it. More likely, though, is that they'd team up with the rest of the Illuminati and find whoever did this, and kill them.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Enyalus
You've got a dark mind, lady. I like.

Reed can do practically anything with a week's prep, so yeah I'd give FF the win. Dunno how, but Reed would do it. More likely, though, is that they'd team up with the rest of the Illuminati and find whoever did this, and kill them.

OP states "no prep or tech for Reed."

Without any sort of help, the Fantastic Four has literally no possible way of breaking into the Sanctum Sanctorum. Why on Earth did you specify that Stephen Strange is chilling at home? Using only their powers, the Fantastic Four could definitely not get past its defenses and wards.

Enyalus
Originally posted by tjcoady
OP states "no prep or tech for Reed."

Right. I evidently read everything but that. Saw the five day stipulation and skipped a line, I guess.

FF have no shot at this.

Sin I AM
the illuminati members don't know that they are coming and once inside then they attack... strange and the rest will think its their friends coming to visit

tkitna
FF lose.

Xavier and Strange would know their intentions anyways.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.