Silver Surfer/Thor/Sentry vs Runner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Philosophía
Who wins ?

Enyalus
I think Runner would take a small majority, based on the fact that they shouldn't be able to hit him, and Runner's physical strength >> SS's or Thor's. I can see the team getting lucky a few times with some large-scale blasts though. Especially if Thor has the Odinforce.

Naija boy
Team

janus77
team.

Surfer can (at the very least) cope with Runner's speed. pre-upgrades, Surfer was inferior to Runner in terms of strength and in his mental resilience to Runner's powers, but I don't think current Surfer would have such a weakness now.

Surfer would bring Runner to a halt, allowing Thor and Sentry to pitch in; the three of them would overpower Runner.

guy222
team

fangirl101
The Runner.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by janus77
team.

Surfer can (at the very least) cope with Runner's speed. pre-upgrades, Surfer was inferior to Runner in terms of strength and in his mental resilience to Runner's powers, but I don't think current Surfer would have such a weakness now.

Surfer would bring Runner to a halt, allowing Thor and Sentry to pitch in; the three of them would overpower Runner.

QFT
Team takes this.

Naija boy
One on one runner may be able to take anyone of them out(surfers debatable) but he certainly wont be doing it against all three.

fangirl101
The runner is at the very least Some where in the ball park of Thanos.

Thanos beats these three after a long fight and he's no where near as fast as the Runner. The Runner is also as durable as Thanos is. Hell, He survived being eaten by Galactus once.

horrorwolf
The main issue is its still basically a huge 3on1....with Surfer being the catalyst to breaking Runner down while the other 2 go to town.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
One on one runner may be able to take anyone of them out(surfers debatable) but he certainly wont be doing it against all three.

Sentry would get one-shotted before he knows whats going on. And Thor can't hang with Runner's speed at all. This is the dude who blitzed SS we're talking about.

Naija boy
Originally posted by fangirl101

Thanos beats these three after a long fight and he's no where near as fast as the Runner. The Runner is also as durable as Thanos is. Hell, He survived being eaten by Galactus once.

No i highly doubt that the runner is as durable as thanos or has the equal blast power HE survived being eaten by galactus soley because he is an elder and they had deaths curse upon them. Not because of his durability. Elders such as champion have that same curse and who survived that same experience upon them and have been two shotted by surfer. As i said individually he probably takes them but as a group he goes down.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
Sentry would get one-shotted before he knows whats going on. And Thor can't hang with Runner's speed at all. This is the dude who blitzed SS we're talking about.

If its sentry at his best levels he wont be getting oneshotted at the very least. surfer could at least hold off runner while thor and sentry (mainly thor) get their licks in.

fangirl101
No i highly doubt that the runner is as durable as thanos or has the equal blast power HE survived being eaten by galactus soley because he is an elder and they had deaths curse upon them. Not because of his durability. Elders such as champion have that same curse and who survived that same experience upon them and have been two shotted by surfer. As i said individually he probably takes them but as a group he goes down.
I disagree. runner is faster than even the surfer. So Sentry and Thor are both out of the fight before Surfer even moves. Leaving Surfer to get his ass beat again.

Enyalus
If its sentry at his best levels he wont be getting oneshotted at the very least. surfer could at least hold off runner while thor and sentry (mainly thor) get their licks in.

It's Current Sentry. So meh, take your pic. Dark Reign seems to suit him.

horrorwolf

Wrong. sad

janus77
Surfer doesn't need to beat Runner, but to stall/halt/hold up Runner.

the speeds that they fight at, it only takes a character microsecond to hit another, and Surfer as he currently is, could easily make Runner halt for that microsecond, so that Sentry and Thor could unload on Runner.

iirc, the Runner was a lot faster than Surfer, but, not so much that Surfer could not see or sight him. Surfer was holding back a lot too, keeping himself from fully unleashing under the influence of The Runner.

Naija boy
I disagree. runner is faster than even the surfer. So Sentry and Thor are both out of the fight before Surfer even moves. Leaving Surfer to get his ass beat again.

Yeah runner is faster than surfer but not to the degree that surfer couldnt see him or move or anything like that. Most likely scenario is that runner sees surfer, begins to throw down with him while thor and sentry run interference and aid the surfer.

horrorwolf
Surfer doesn't need to beat Runner, but to stall/halt/hold up Runner.

QFT

Thats runners main edge here. He loses and Surfer is more than capable of slowing him down.

Naija boy
It's Current Sentry. So meh, take your pic. Dark Reign seems to suit him.

Hmm, u may be onto something, current sentry is certainly not an asset to have on ur team.

fangirl101
THE SURFER FANBOYS ON KMC GET ON MY NERVES. LULZ AT THINKING HE CAN STALLL THE RUNNER. HE DIDN'T STALL FROM GETTING HIS ASS KICKED EASILY.

Naija boy
THE SURFER FANBOYS ON KMC GET ON MY NERVES. LULZ AT THINKING HE CAN STALLL THE RUNNER. HE DIDN'T STALL FROM GETTING HIS ASS KICKED EASILY.

lol. Do u even have the runner surfer fight? Surfer and runner went toe to toe on his board matching strength and energy blasts and thats how surfer eventually lost. If they get into a similar scenario here surfer has the advantage as he has got asssitance.

darthgoober
He lost, but that doesn't mean he was or is unable to stall the Elder. The first fight between the two didn't last a couple of panels, it lasted a couple of pages. What's more, the Runner's "likable power" was screwing with Surfer's emotions before but that probably won't be an issue now that Galactus has granted him "the will to do what must be done".

fangirl101
lol. Do u even have the runner surfer fight? Surfer and runner went toe to toe on his board matching strength and energy blasts and thats how surfer eventually lost. If they get into a similar scenario here surfer has the advantage as he has got asssitance.
The runner was playing with surfer. he was smiling. He wasn't even serious. He didn't even have to let surfer get close to him. Lulz at you leaving that part out.

horrorwolf

check the fight, Surfer technically lost, but more than held his own, and that was an extended 1 on 1. Runner didn't have time nor motivation to "play" with SS.

Interesting take though.

fangirl101
Originally posted by darthgoober
He lost, but that doesn't mean he was or is unable to stall the Elder. The first fight between the two didn't last a couple of panels, it lasted a couple of pages. What's more, the Runner's "likable power" was screwing with Surfer's emotions before but that probably won't be an issue now that Galactus has granted him "the will to do what must be done". You do realize that when it comes to surfer, your opinions are always cloudy to me. Seriously. He can't stall an elder who wouldn't be fighting to his best. As in the runner is NOT going to let the surfer touch or hit him. Period.

horrorwolf
You do realize that when it comes to surfer, your opinions are always cloudy to me. Seriously. He can't stall an elder who wouldn't be fighting to his best. As in the runner is NOT going to let the surfer touch or hit him. Period.

Your "fan" opinion, but Surfer could and would percieve him (even at FTL)...and could stall the hell out of runner if he so chose, he wouldn't even have to engage him here.

skyfather
Surfer could solo

fangirl101
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Your "fan" opinion, as Surfer will percieve him...and could stall the hell out of runner.
Lulz. Thanos wasn't even as Powerful as the Runner was then. Even if Upgrades come into play, I don't see Surfer being able to stall the runner. And the runner is constantly Absorbing the Power primordal. He would also be constantly upgrading. Any way, the surfer doesn't have the movement speed or strength to stall the Runner from Blitzing Thor and Sentry. After that happens, Surfer goes down as well.

darthgoober
You do realize that when it comes to surfer, your opinions are always cloudy to me. Seriously. He can't stall an elder who wouldn't be fighting to his best. As in the runner is NOT going to let the surfer touch or hit him. Period.
Well if you want to discount what I say about Surfer because I'm a fan and more knowledgeable than most that's your buisness.

Proof? It took something like 4 pages for Runner to put Surfer down the first time and he hasn't had much in the way of appearances, so what evidence have you seen that suggest that he can walk all over a Surfer who's not only more powerful than the one from the period in question, but has also had his mind tampered with by Galactus in a way that will likely screw up the effects of Runner's emotional powers?

horrorwolf
And the runner is constantly Absorbing the Power primordal. He would also be constantly upgrading.

Which SS would in-turn continually feed on, stalling him further.

Sorry, Runner still loses here.

Naija boy
The runner was playing with surfer. he was smiling. He wasn't even serious. He didn't even have to let surfer get close to him. Lulz at you leaving that part out.

huh? The runner was serious when trying to kill surfer. Him smiling and being happy is just his general demeanor as that his thing, he radiates joy. Also what do u mean, he didnt have to let surfer get close to him? If anything surfer being far away from him would have been good for surfer as runner did all his damage in that fight while upclose

horrorwolf
It took something like 4 pages for Runner to put Surfer down the first time and he hasn't had much in the way of appearances, so what evidence have you seen that suggest that he can walk all over a Surfer who's not only more powerful than the one from the period in question, but has also had his mind tampered with by Galactus in a way that will likely screw up the effects of Runner's emotional powers?

Pretty much

horrorwolf
huh? The runner was serious when trying to kill surfer. Him smiling and being happy is just his general demeanor as that his thing, he radiates joy.

lol...FAR from "toying" with Surfer.

fangirl101
Well if you want to discount what I say about Surfer because I'm a fan and more knowledgeable than most that's your buisness.

Proof? It took something like 4 pages for Runner to put Surfer down the first time and he hasn't had much in the way of appearances, so what evidence have you seen that suggest that he can walk all over a Surfer who's not only more powerful than the one from the period in question, but has also had his mind tampered with by Galactus in a way that will likely screw up the effects of Runner's emotional powers?
Surfer got an upgrade? when? How? Galactus gave him 2% of his power? lULZ THAT THE FAKE SURFER UPGRADE. He's just not holding back any more. which could also mean that Thanos isn't as powerful as people think since Surfer has always acted like a tard around thanos. The runner is faster and wasn't even serious about Hurting the surfer. ANd to suggest that Runners powers likely wouldn't work just becuz galactus unblocks surfer's restraint doesn't even compute. One has nothing to do with the other.

darthgoober
Surfer got an upgrade? when?
Uni-Lord Saga, Annihilation, plus the natural progression of the power curve(which Runner suffers from due to a lack of recent appearances). When Surfer fought the Runner the first time it was before he knew he could even survive inside a black hole(I think he was even surprised to find out the fact), nowadays he's completely unaffected by them even while weakened.

How? Galactus gave him 2% of his power? lULZ THAT THE FAKE SURFER UPGRADE. He's just not holding back any more. which could also mean that Thanos isn't as powerful as people think since Surfer has always acted like a tard around thanos. The runner is faster and wasn't even serious about Hurting the surfer. ANd to suggest that Runners powers likely wouldn't work just becuz galactus unblocks surfer's restraint doesn't even compute. One has nothing to do with the other.
Exactly, he's not holding back anymore and we saw the difference in his attitude in his fight with Nova. It doesn't matter if Surfer "likes" the Runner this time around because Galactus removed(or at least lessened) the mental restraints that once held him fast. He's not the uber pacifist that steers clear of conflict anymore, he's the wrath and hand of the Destroyer of Worlds.

guy222
Runner vs SS happened already

Whatever anyone's take it

Runner vs SS/Thor/Sentry

Runner gets his *** beat

Easy

fangirl101
THor and Sentry get one shotted before they blink. Period. Leaving Surfer alone against The Runner. He'll lose again.

psycho gundam
the silver surfer has been upgraded since then, multiple times.
it's not so clear cut.

and the runner CAN be stalled, thanos did so by playing possum in thanos quest. not saying who wins but saying he can't be stalled is a huge lie.

fangirl101
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the silver surfer has been upgraded since then, multiple times.
it's not so clear cut.

and the runner CAN be stalled, thanos did so by playing possum in thanos quest. not saying who wins but saying he can't be stalled is a huge lie.
All characters are to fight to the best of the abilities without Plot induced Stupidity. the Runner won't be stalled in a forum fight.

Naija boy
All characters are to fight to the best of the abilities without Plot induced Stupidity. the Runner won't be stalled in a forum fight.

Yes he can. Hell be too busy fighting surfer.

darthgoober
THor and Sentry get one shotted before they blink. Period. Leaving Surfer alone against The Runner. He'll lose again.

The Runner's limited number of showings are definitely impressive, but he's never shown the ability to one-shot someone like Thor.

fangirl101
Yes he can. Hell be too busy fighting surfer.
Surfer isn't fast enough to prevent thor and sentry from being one shotted.

janus77
The Runner never one-shotted Surfer; where are you getting this arrant nonsense about Runner "one-shotting" Thor/Sentry from?

What's clear is that Runner took a while to best Surfer and that Runner will not have the luxury of fighting this group one on one.

if he goes to attack Thor, Surfer & Sentry will be on Runner quickly, long before Runner's done serious damage to Thor. same holds if Runner attacks Sentry...

no conceivable way for Runner to isolate these three in one-v-ones, Surfer's just too fast for that and Runner's just not demonstrated the sort of power it would take for swift "one-shot" attacks on Thor/Sentry.

fangirl101
The Runner never one-shotted Surfer; where are you getting this arrant nonsense about Runner "one-shotting" Thor/Sentry from?

What's clear is that Runner took a while to best Surfer and that Runner will not have the luxury of fighting this group one on one.

if he goes to attack Thor, Surfer & Sentry will be on Runner quickly, long before Runner's done serious damage to Thor. same holds if Runner attacks Sentry...

no conceivable way for Runner to isolate these three in one-v-ones, Surfer's just too fast for that and Runner's just not demonstrated the sort of power it would take for swift "one-shot" attacks on Thor/Sentry.
You obviously don't think about how a fight would happen. Surfer and runner would be fighting so fast that they would appear as a blur to thor and sentry. The runner is still superior to surfer in speed. He can beat the crap out of thor and Sentry before surfer could intervene. Let alone actually thinking Thor and Sentry would get a lick in before they are knocked out cold.

janus77
lol,
in DC the "so fast they're a blur" thing might be quite common but, Surfer's never been a blur to Thor as far as I can recall. Sentry is likely faster than Thor, so the same would apply (only moreso, naturally).

Surfer and Runner wouldn't be "fighting so fast...", there's no reason for the Surfer to use speed other than as a means of reacting to and blocking Runner's attempts at rushing the others.

Surfer, fighting smartly, would rope Runner into fairly static hand-to-hand or blast-to-blast fight, thereby presenting Thor and Sentry with a target and a window of opportunity.

if Runner was attempting to utilise his speed advantage, he would most likely attempt to bull-rush Surfer and take Surfer away... far far away from the other two, so that he might (conceivably) have enough time to finish Surfer, before Thor and Sentry find him. Sadly though, this would constitute a BFR victory for the team, as Runner would have to travel some distance to get that kind of time.

Enyalus
'Fairly static'? Runner easily physically overpowered Surfer. He'd do the same to either Sentry or Thor, too. Before they can react.

Naija boy
You obviously don't think about how a fight would happen. Surfer and runner would be fighting so fast that they would appear as a blur to thor and sentry. The runner is still superior to surfer in speed. He can beat the crap out of thor and Sentry before surfer could intervene. Let alone actually thinking Thor and Sentry would get a lick in before they are knocked out cold.

At the very least, Thor wont be that easy to knock out and Surfer would definitely be able to engage runner before he is able to knock out thor. From then on they will begin battling each other leaving thor to wait and look an opportunity to strike.

Naija boy
'Fairly static'? Runner easily physically overpowered Surfer. He'd do the same to either Sentry or Thor, too. Before they can react.

True but koing current thor will take some time.

Enyalus
At the very least, Thor wont be that easy to knock out and Surfer would definitely be able to engage runner before he is able to knock out thor. From then on they will begin battling each other leaving thor to wait and look an opportunity to strike.

You're assuming Runner isn't fast enough to do two things at once. He has energy blasts. He can run circles around Surfer and blast Thor.

Enyalus
True but koing current thor will take some time.

That, I concur with.

Naija boy
You're assuming Runner isn't fast enough to do two things at once. He has energy blasts. He can run circles around Surfer and blast Thor.

Runner wasnt faster than surfer up to the point that he was a blur or that surfer coudlnt see him. Not even close. So i think that runner being able to close the distance between them and then ko both sentry and thor(especially thor) before surfer can react is highly improbable or more likely, completely impossible. He also wont be running circles run surfer in this match or performing numerous manoevres on thor and sentry while simultaneously fighting surfer. A

Slaanesh
Team take this..

guy222
thumb up

Bouboumaster
Team.

Just to say, against Thanos, Runner had the space gem.

fangirl101
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Team.

Just to say, against Thanos, Runner had the space gem.
which he used subconciously to teleport. Nothing more. all of his blitz attacks where under his own power.

The Great Galen
SS can intervene Runner all the sudden?

tjcoady
which he used subconciously to teleport. Nothing more. all of his blitz attacks where under his own power.

We know he used it to teleport subconciously. Do we have any evidence he wasn't also subconciously faster with his standard running?
There isn't anything to suggest he wasn't tapping into it while running as well, and amping his speed that.

quanchi112
Team wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.