Favorite Mortal Kombat?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Fave Mortal Kombat?

I like the 2D ones the most

jinXed by JaNx
deadly alliance for me

Mr.blanka
Shaolin Monk

Zack Fair
MK2

Kazenji
The 2D ones as for the 3D ones i would go for Deception

Shaolin Monks is another good one for that type of game alot better then previous efforts.

ThunderGodEneru
I am tempted to say MK vs. DC only because it was the first MK game to make Sonya even remotely attractive.

But yeah 2D ones pwn.

3D, I really liked Shaolin Monks if it counts.

Ridley_Prime
Deception and MK2 are pretty equal IMO, and I agree about MKvsDC when it comes to Sonya, but other than that, it was pretty disappointing for the most part. I'd might still be playing it if its DLC store hadn't closed down as a result of Midway's bankruptcy. no expression *sheds a tear for Doomsday*
On a side note, for some reason, I had a dream the other night that when Superman Prime was still searching for his perfect earth, he somehow became a part of the merging of the Mortal Kombat and DC universes. He got pissed when he couldn't find earth prime after awhile, and was confronted by Dark Khan. SMP assumed Dark Khan was behind it because of the merging, and beat the living shit out of him in an instant. Then I woke up.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by Mr.blanka
Shaolin Monk
Indeed.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Deception and MK2 are pretty equal IMO, and I agree about MKvsDC when it comes to Sonya, but other than that, it was pretty disappointing for the most part. I'd might still be playing it if its DLC store hadn't closed down as a result of Midway's bankruptcy. no expression *sheds a tear for Doomsday*
On a side note, for some reason, I had a dream the other night that when Superman Prime was still searching for his perfect earth, he somehow became a part of the merging of the Mortal Kombat and DC universes. He got pissed when he couldn't find earth prime after awhile, and was confronted by Dark Khan. SMP assumed Dark Khan was behind it because of the merging, and beat the living shit out of him in an instant. Then I woke up. ........

Can I like, hug you?

DarkC
UMK3, Armageddon, MK vs DC

occultdestroyer
Mortal Kombat 2

Raoul
MK 1, 2, Shaolin Monks and DC vs MK...

SaTsuJiN
MK2

-good character designs
-very moody atmosphere and music
-interesting new moves

and the only bad side is that if you went to play it seriously, Mileena pwns your face off

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
it was pretty disappointing for the most part. I'd might still be playing it if its DLC store hadn't closed down as a result of Midway's bankruptcy. no expression *sheds a tear for Doomsday*
On a side note, for some reason, I had a dream the other night that when Superman Prime was still searching for his perfect earth, he somehow became a part of the merging of the Mortal Kombat and DC universes. He got pissed when he couldn't find earth prime after awhile, and was confronted by Dark Khan. SMP assumed Dark Khan was behind it because of the merging, and beat the living shit out of him in an instant. Then I woke up.

Closing down the DLC store for MKvsDC was gay. It does raise the question mark as to why Superman Prime wasn't in the game. Having him would've been kick ass but instead he's in a picture ending with Shao Kahn and other villains.

Yoshi Paradise
Out of all the Mortal Kombat games I've played, I liked "Mortal Kombat 2" and "Mortal Kombat Trilogy".

Smasandian
MK2.

The only game I will ever play that has an Mortal Kombat in it.

OB1-adobe
My fave is MK2. I also like MK trilogy, Deception, and i just ordered Armageddon.

I have Mk 1 from the deception SP pack

MK 2 and 3 I have from the Midway arcade classics collection. Though Maybe I just suck at this game, but I don't remember MK2 being this hard on Snes. Playing the Midway arcade version I have it on very easy, I get to like the fifth opponent and im getting my face ripped off, punched into spikes, or pools of acid you name it. I can't even get to kintaro

MK4 was okay, kinda cheesy imo

MK DA was alright

MK Deception, im kinda of enjoying the konquest, and chess is fun

Man of...
Deception..easily

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

Can I like, hug you?
Um... sure? *hugs*

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Closing down the DLC store for MKvsDC was gay. It does raise the question mark as to why Superman Prime wasn't in the game. Having him would've been kick ass but instead he's in a picture ending with Shao Kahn and other villains.
Yeah...

Ridley_Prime
All right... I lol'd.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/223293.html

Yoshi Paradise
I remember seeing that video early last year, but it's still funny.

liebe911
I love Mortal Kombat 2 very much and I love the theme Music of that

Joker1237
MK2
MK1
MK4
MK3 series
MKA
MKDA
MKD

Not sure were I put MK vs DC.

Smasandian
I tried MK vs DC, and I hated it.

Compared to Street Fighter 4, its so clunky.

Joker1237
Never understood the hate for MK4. I loved it. It was perhaps had the most blood of all the games.

Subby's spin rip look amazing in 4. It was like MKIII, but 3d. Good times.
The home versions had Goro, and that made it better imo.

BackFire
MKII. Was the last one they did before they pussed out and watered it down. It was dark, dreary and even creepy at times. The fatalities were brilliant and the levels were excellent. Had great atmosphere. The new characters fit in perfectly as well. Was the best MK hands down for me. I liked MKIII as well, but they softened the fatalities which was lame.

Kung Lao85
MK 1 , MK 2 , UMK3 , and MK 9

No End N Site
UMK3 and 9.

-Pr-
Originally posted by BackFire
MKII. Was the last one they did before they pussed out and watered it down. It was dark, dreary and even creepy at times. The fatalities were brilliant and the levels were excellent. Had great atmosphere. The new characters fit in perfectly as well. Was the best MK hands down for me. I liked MKIII as well, but they softened the fatalities which was lame.

Same, though I feel like the new game is a worthy sequel.

cdtm
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
... but I don't remember MK2 being this hard on Snes.

I remember it was hard on the snes.

Kintaro kicked my ass.

Ridley_Prime
Kintaro in MK9 on the other hand seemed pretty easy in comparison, no matter the difficulty level you were playing on. His flame breath's the only thing ya gotta watch out for in that game, in addition to his back breaker thing that's similar to Jax's. Both are used at the most random times.

Anyhow, my favorites from each generation-

1st gen: MK2
2nd gen: Deception
3rd gen: MK9

herpderp It's no contest really. That reminds me, still waiting for the very first 3 games to be re-released on PSN and XBL as announced earlier.

I-Drop
MK2

Impediment
MK 2011 is my favorite.

I've never been a big MK fan, and MK vs. DC was shit.

I love the campaign story in MK 2011.

I was there the day that the original MK hit arcades and angry moms protested. It was awesome.

socool8520
Originally posted by Smasandian
I tried MK vs DC, and I hated it.

Compared to Street Fighter 4, its so clunky.

Agreed. My personal favorite was MK II. There was more characters then the first, and gameplay was alot faster/smoother.

cdtm
Honorable mention: One Must Fall 2097.

It was Mortal Kombat with robots. big grin

socool8520
Never heard of it. Any good?

cdtm
Originally posted by socool8520
Never heard of it. Any good?

It's fun, especially for a PC game. It's basically in the mold of Mortal Kombat gameplay and graphics wise, right down to "destruction" finishers you perform just after beating your opponent, to totally scrap them. But it has enough of its own things to stand on its own.. IMO, the single player experience it offers is one of the best in fighting games. I still come back to it every once in awhile, and I've had the game for years now..

If you want to check it out, there's lots of youtube videos like this one of Destruction moves.

You can try it yourself for free, if you don't mind tooling around with Dosbox (It's easy to set up.)

The gargoyle robot is especially unique, as you have limited control of it in the air due to its wings.

socool8520
Appreciate. I'll check it out when I'm done beating the mountain of games I have started and and haven't finished yet. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.