Infinity Gauntlet vs Star Brand

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
which of the 2 is more powerfull? smile

LT was shown to be > IG but iirc he was never shown to be > Star Brand (only equal)
so I'd go with Star Brand but I'm not sure

Slaanesh
i thought adam warlock give up the IG because a battle between him and the LT would destroy the universe..he's a good guy..he doesn't want to destroy anything..so..if he did fight..do u think he can at least stalemate LT??

SoulDevourer
iirc LT "deactivated" the IG (which means LT > IG)

I dunno if he can do the same thing to the Star Brand (if he can't then LT = SB)

Knowsbleed33
Probably stalemate. Both gave the LT headaches.

guy222
=

tjcoady
We've rarely seen a truly knowledgeable wielder of the Brand, so I'd say it's hard to really gauge this fight.

Off of showings, the IG should be more powerful.

Off of descriptive narrations, it would be much harder to tell.

Endless Mike
Starbrand was never a challenge to the LT, LT just said that Ereshkigal (I think that was her name) might be equal to some of the abstract entities with it (and Thanos with the IG owned most of those entities in a fight)

Mr Master
thumb up

An IG wielder would stomp a Starbrand carrier.

The Starbrand was special in the New Universe,
but in the prime Multiverse which houses reality 616,
the Starbrand was only a threat to space-time if manipulated via the nexus of realities,
and even then it was not above Eternity/Infinity.

While the IG made the wielder God of all creation below the LT in an instant
no matter where they were at.

SoulDevourer
but then why didnt LT just "deactivate" the Star Brand like he did with the IG? huh

iirc when Ereshgal got the SB he didnt wanna fight her cause the fight would destroy the whole multiverse so this means he cant just neutralize SB's power like he did with the IG

Mr Master
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

but then why didnt LT just "deactivate" the Star Brand like he did with the IG?
LT never de-activated the IG,
LT nullified the IG's attack.

iirc when Ereshgal got the SB he didnt wanna fight her cause the fight would destroy the whole multiverse so this means he cant just neutralize SB's power like he did with the IG
LT would've had to battle Warlock for the IG,
and while LT would've certainly won,
the battle would've destroyed Reality.

You have to understand, all it takes is one shot from either,
and that in itself can shatter Reality, so it makes sense what the LT said.

Ereshkigal's power (Starbrand)
was only affective against space-time within the Nexus of Realities,
on top of this she was NOT alone,
she had to convince other powerful characters from the Multverse to join her in her mission,
these other characters were from the Congress of Realities.

Also,
it was only when Ereshkigal & her allies from the Congress of Realities joined at the Cosmic Axis,
aligned together, and began releasing energies as one that the LT even noticed Ereshkigal.

Moreover,
it's only because this battle would've taken place withIN the Nexus of Realities,
that any danger to the Multiverse was possible.

The Florida Nexus is a dimension filled with doorways to every Universe,
you can affect everything simultaneously from within this Nexus.

SoulDevourer
ok smile

btw whats the big deal if reality is destroyed? (LT can just fix easy right? (or not?))

Mr Master
ok smile

btw whats the big deal if reality is destroyed? (LT can just fix easy right? (or not?))
Nah, that's not LT's department no matter how powerful he is.

LT is the abstract concept of Judgement, and as such is subjected to protocol,
and thus can only act accordingly with affairs that deal with his conceptual purpose.

Knowsbleed33
LT was ready to hand the multiverse over to Ereshkigal if she won their little game.

cloud102
Originally posted by Mr Master
LT never de-activated the IG,
LT nullified the IG's attack.

LT would've had to battle Warlock for the IG,
and while LT would've certainly won,
the battle would've destroyed Reality.

You have to understand, all it takes is one shot from either,
and that in itself can shatter Reality, so it makes sense what the LT said.

Ereshkigal's power (Starbrand)
was only affective against space-time within the Nexus of Realities,
on top of this she was NOT alone,
she had to convince other powerful characters from the Multverse to join her in her mission,
these other characters were from the Congress of Realities.

Also,
it was only when Ereshkigal & her allies from the Congress of Realities joined at the Cosmic Axis,
aligned together, and began releasing energies as one that the LT even noticed Ereshkigal.

Moreover,
it's only because this battle would've taken place withIN the Nexus of Realities,
that any danger to the Multiverse was possible.

The Florida Nexus is a dimension filled with doorways to every Universe,
you can affect everything simultaneously from within this Nexus.

So...IG?

psycho gundam
the star brand is far below the infinity gauntlet.

the star brand is like the diet infinity gauntlet. the real ig however was supreme, only being surpassed by the LT and his superior(s).

Cinder
I feel the need to point out a few things in this thread.

While the IG is obviously an extremely powerful item..

Starbrand (while also powerful) has been stated to be limited only "by the knowledge and imagination of the wielder"

In example for awhile one of the.. cosmic being people (idk a better term)

Held the infinity gauntlet for a short time and was a threat to LT itself.

However, assuming an omnipotent being (any of em)

Somehow got possesion of starband (if like the infinity gauntlet it can be hunted down)

It would basically mean.

Infinite knowledge= infinite power.

Possibly rivaling the one above all, possibly equaling him.

Quite easily (in my mind) changing up the pecking order.

While at the same time, lesser being have become a lesser threat with starbrand, then beings like thanos using the IG.

This is simple logic. IF thanos and a human trading IG for starband.. I think thanos (cause he's damn smart, but not near omnipotent) would be about the same as if he had the infinity gauntlet, whilst the human would now be much more powerful.

DTM
The LT didnt deactivate the IG, he convinced Warlock that seperating the gems was in the multiverses best interest, and only After the gems were removed from the gauntlet and made individual again (making them MUCH lesser powered than when in the IG), did the LT declare they could never be used together gain (unless Eternity gave the OK, which he did later in Infinity War).

Magnon
IG is far more powerful than SB.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.