Who has lost a (human) loved one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lt_Champion
If you did, how long ago did they die, and how did they die. Ill tell my story first.

Almost a year ago, on March 27,2008 I lost my step father. He was more of a father to me then my own dad was. He has had cancer in the past, three times, he survived all three times the last time was in 2000. the last 8 years of his life he was cancer free, but he was on alot of medicine. one day he quit all of them but cumadin (may have misspelled that) its a blood thinner. Well that day he was sick, coughing alot. Each day I would hug him and kiss his head and tell him I loved him before I'd go to school. Because he was like my father to me. Well that day I just huged him, and told him "I love you ill see you after school" and he said to me "I love you too, bye" and I left for school. I was in my math class when mom sent me a text telling me we werent going to pick up my new cell phone (that ment either my biological father caneled or something was wrong with my 'step' dad). I was all ready to yell at my biological father when I was called to the office at the end of math. I picked up a note at the office saying "Lynn will pick you up at 2:10. Things change" which was moms way of saying something had changed and it was bad enough I needed to leave early. so at 2:10 I was standing out by the office, waiting on lynn. I called my mom to see if i was in the right spot, and my uncle answered saying mom had him making calls for her, my first thought was "Oh my God, my step dad is dead" But I pushed the thought back trying to deny it. Well when lynn showed up, she took me to the hospital, where I found out my father had died, at 2:10....... I had lost the friend I spent 16 summers with..... I still miss him

Impediment
I lost a very good friend on January 5, 2009. Shaunna was such a sweet friend who loved her friends more than herself. We had an open mic memorial rather than an open casket funeral and we reminisced about our dear friend. Then we proceeded to drink away our sorrows with copious amounts of alcohol.

Rogue Jedi
Lost my Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt and two Uncles.

The Grey Fox
In the past 5 years, I've lost all of my close elderly reletives except my grandmother on my dad's side, and an uncle. The most recent one was one of my grandma's, who died today, only about 2 hours ago. I guess it's just something you get used to.

AC/DC'S_LVR
i lost my Pappy on Sptember 11,2008 of congestive heart failure

guy222
I lost my dad last year

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by guy222
I lost my dad last year

Lt_Champion
My dad had a blood vessel burst by his heart. I ike to think of it as he was too hard headed to let cancer kill him, but he had a soft heart

Kosta
Most of my family apart from my mother and father.

Lt_Champion
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Lost my Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt and two Uncles. awww *hugs RJ* why didnt you tell me!

hatredcopter
I lost my younger brother years ago. Still hurts.

Lt_Champion
Originally posted by Kosta
Most of my family apart from my mother and father. sad

Originally posted by hatredcopter
I lost my younger brother years ago. Still hurts.

I have heard it doesnt go away, you just slowly get used to it, though the fits of saddness never go away.

Because I can
Victoria has just lost about 200 people in the bush fires...

Kram3r
Originally posted by Because I can
Victoria has just lost about 200 people in the bush fires...

What a coincidence that you knew them all.

Piggle Humsy
My mum died when I was 6, since then I have lost 2 aunts, 1 great uncle, 4 great aunts, 2 uncles, 3 friends, 1 god daughter, 1 cousin, 4 grandparents.

So I've lost 20 people so far in my 26 years of life.

I hate funerals.

Kram3r
Originally posted by Piggle Humsy
My mum died when I was 6, since then I have lost 2 aunts, 1 great uncle, 4 great aunts, 2 uncles, 3 friends, 1 god daughter, 1 cousin, 4 grandparents.

So I've lost 20 people so far in my 26 years of life.

I hate funerals.

sad

Ms Chelle
..My cousin who was only 2 days old.
..My Grandma.
..My best friend.

My little cousin was born with something wrong with her... I dont remember exactly what though... it was a long time ago.

My Grandma battled cancer for a couple years before it won in the end.

My best friend died superbowl sunday night 1999. SHe was in a car accident... It had been snowing and the roads were icy... she lost control of her car and she ran into the back end of a logging truck.
Her death took me a few years to come to terms with.

Baylin
Not all the people I've lost are dead, which I think in some ways is harder to deal with sad

Mairuzu
No one yet

Toku King
My grandfather. Closest to a father figure I've ever had. Wish I could've told him that.

KakashiKun
My grandfather. Recently, last week. Going to his funeral on Friday. He was closest. Used to play with all the time as a child...

Lt_Champion
I skipped school after my dad died, the day of the funeral I found was the hardest. he was cremated. his ashes are in a garfield cookie jar. Pitty the first person to try and take a cookie from it.

sorry hoping to helpby making someone smile ><

Thunder Fox
2 great grand parents
1 uncle
my father
my old mentor passed away recently

my great grant mothers died when i was 7 dont remember how uncle died of gan green in his blood stream

dad died of emphethesima in his lungs and a heart attack so he prtty much died from smoking

and menter had som cancer dunno what

Lt_Champion
I am graduating soon, and my father was the one who always wanted to watch me graduate, i learned how hard this is..... how hard it is to even consider walking across the stage after loosing aloved one. to watch my asistant principle hug his daughter has made me cry, i miss him so much..... they werent kidding when they said the pain never goes away

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Lt_Champion
I am graduating soon, and my father was the one who always wanted to watch me graduate, i learned how hard this is..... how hard it is to even consider walking across the stage after loosing aloved one. to watch my asistant principle hug his daughter has made me cry, i miss him so much..... they werent kidding when they said the pain never goes away really sorry to hear man, i cant imagine

in time you will accept it, it happens to everyone

its the bond we all share

Scarlet Fox
Grandmother.... But she wasnt human. O.O she was the devil itself!!

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by Lt_Champion
I am graduating soon, and my father was the one who always wanted to watch me graduate, i learned how hard this is..... how hard it is to even consider walking across the stage after loosing aloved one. to watch my asistant principle hug his daughter has made me cry, i miss him so much..... they werent kidding when they said the pain never goes away
Im sorry to hear about your lose. The pain never does go away but with time it will lessen.

Mairuzu
loss

Impediment
September 3, 2003.

I discovered my friend, Ryan, in the woods with a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the mouth. We formed a search party when we found his suicide note. I'll never forget his brother's screams.

Lt_Champion
Originally posted by Impediment
September 3, 2003.

I discovered my friend, Ryan, in the woods with a self-inflicted shotgun wound to the mouth. We formed a search party when we found his suicide note. I'll never forget his brother's screams. Id offer a hug but one over the internet doesnt work. I will never forget the look on my families face, and or the sound of my mother crying when she thought i couldnt hear. I cant imagine how much worse it could be if they killed themselves. im sorry.

Mairuzu
horrible

GCG
lost 2 good friends of mine within the space of 4 months. the second death hit me like a tonne of bricks being so close to the 1 st one. what sucked most of all was that i would spend most of my time with them both until I got my first job, then got a brain tumour decided to take the plunge off a 14th floor block while the other took the noose to his neck. It was the year 2000 - what a ****en shitty year.

Slay
All of my grandparents died a natural death. My cousin committed suicide last Christmas, and a friend of mine OD'd on heroin when I was about 17.

Rogue Jedi
Grandparents, Aunts and uncles.

Kinkin
My great granddad year ago. Thats about all the people I remember.

Rogue Jedi
I remember when I was 19 I wanted to be a cop or a U.S. Marine, and my Grandma was dead set against it, even crying at the prospect, it wasn't until after she died a while back that I found out why.

Her little brother Cecil was a U.S. Marine in WWII, and he got shot up all to hell, came back to Louisiana and became a drunk to deal with the pain. He eventually became a Deputy Sheriff. One night he responded to a bar fight, and arrested an old man who started it. Back then, they just let drunks sleep it off in a cell, then send them on their way the next day.

Well, about 3 or 4 in the morning, in walks the drunks son with a double barrel shotgun. He walked right up to my Uncle Cecil, placed the gun against his chest, and blew my uncle out of his chair. Dude got like 5 purple hearts and other medals, was a war hero, the Japanese coudln't kill him, but some punk with a shotgun killed him.

CATMANEXE
grandpaerents, several friends including my roomate, my cat a couple of days ago. anyone i was close to. its just me now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.