Travis Bickle Vs D-Fens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
Robert De Niro's Taxi Driver faces off with D-Fens who inadvertantly stands the cab up after ordering one.

D-Fens has his bag of aquired weapons, (only what we see him possess/use in the movie).

Travis has his sprung loaded pistols and any weapons his opponents used in the Taxi Driver movie.

They see each other on Venice beach.

Who wins? (in the various Long, medium, Melee and H2H ranges.)

Dr Will Hatch
It depends on how long it has been between someone offending D FENS.

Sadako of Girth
Lets, for the sake of argument, say that this has happened just after he has just shot the Nazi... and wasted the bazooka.

Dr Will Hatch
And Travis was there to stop him or something? Geez, it has been awhile since I saw both of these films, but Michael Douglas character I recall was a lot more agile and crazy, so I will give it to him.

Sadako of Girth
Even considering Travis' army training...?
Could that not help him...?

Blinky
D-fens was an over-the-hill engineer.

Bickle was a young ex-marine in top shape.

They both were crazy pissed off guys but Travis seemed a bit more crazy.

I give this one to Mr. Krinkle.

Sadako of Girth
Mr. Krinkle... stick out tongue

I swear that woulda had to have been be a bandname one day, were it not for its similarity to Mr.Bungle.. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Robert De Niro's Taxi Driver faces off with D-Fens who inadvertantly stands the cab up after ordering one.

D-Fens has his bag of aquired weapons, (only what we see him possess/use in the movie).

Travis has his sprung loaded pistols and any weapons his opponents used in the Taxi Driver movie.

Who wins? (in the various Long, medium, Melee and H2H ranges.) Is D FENS going home to see his daughter, as in the movie?

Robtard

Who wins? (in the various Long, medium, Melee and H2H ranges.)

Guns, I'd give it to Travis, that home-made spring loader allows him first shot, unless Bill is already holding a gun and doesn't have to dip into the bag of goodies.

H2H, we didn't see much, Bill beat up some Mexicans with a bat and I don't recall Travis doing anything with his fist, I'd side with a crazy ex-marine though.

Kazenji
Question

Who is this D-Fens person ?

Rogue Jedi
give it to me give it to me give it to me give it to me give it to me...............That's not one of mine......

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
Question

Who is this D-Fens person ?

Michael Dougles from 'Falling Down'.

Rogue Jedi
rock Falling Down rock

Robtard
You've been eating large quantities of Oreos again, haven't you.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe shifty So you nekked or what?

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Is D FENS going home to see his daughter, as in the movie?

Yes and Travis threatens to piss on that dream.

Rogue Jedi
Hell, D Fens pwns then.

Sadako of Girth
How about H2H? I forsee Bickle making D-Fens' arsehole into a necklace.

Dr Will Hatch
Using common sense, Travis being a marine should take it, but Michael Douglas was pretty crazy.

Rogue Jedi
How about H2H? I forsee Bickle making D-Fens' arsehole into a necklace. Those two Ese's didnt D FENS much trouble.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhh but was D-Fens really that crazy...?

Stressed, pissed off, reacting to the shitty elements in the environment around him a little...

Rogue Jedi
Yes, he was, he didnt care about his own welfare, nor did he care about the welfare of others. He was willing to kill anyone who got in his way. The man had a goal and a bag of guns.

Sadako of Girth
No he wasnt.

If he was like that, he'd have opened up randomly on people.
And remember how concerned he was over that family at the barbeque..? That little girl when he though he had hurt her..?

In every instance he does something, he has tried to be reasonable about things first, then the other person jacks him off some more, til he snaps.

Just like Bickle. He never murdered willy nilly, he just hit the pimphouse that was f***ing with Iris.
It was "Self D-Fens". shifty

Rogue Jedi
Well, you have a point, but he only gives a shit when there is a child involved, like that black kid who showed how to use the bazooka.

Sadako of Girth
He gave a shit in the diner too.

And as I said, he was trying to be reasonable with the adults in the movie til there was no other way. If he really didnt give a f**k, the entire movie would be him just killing everyone he saw on that hot, irritating day.

Dr Will Hatch
He didn't give a shit about the store owner. The whole point of the film is that his morals were too narrow.

Rogue Jedi
He gave a shit in the diner too.

And as I said, he was trying to be reasonable with the adults in the movie til there was no other way. If he really didnt give a f**k, the entire movie would be him just killing everyone he saw on that hot, irritating day. The whole point of the diner scene was to show how crazy he had become. Wasnt he trying to order breakfast, but they had stopped serving it?

Sadako of Girth
The guy was being deliberately obtuse. It was 1 minute past the time of breakfast serving.

Rick had definitely picked the wrong polite customer to be obtuse with.

Rogue Jedi
Doesnt matter, dude, just order a ****ing cheeseburger.

Sadako of Girth
He didnt want a cheese burger and when he did settle for one, it was a sad, squashed thing not at all resembling the picture up on the menu.

And like D-Fens rightly notes:

The customer is always right.

Rogue Jedi
He didnt want a cheese burger and when he did settle for one, it was a sad, squashed thing not at all resembling the picture up on the menu.

And like D-Fens rightly notes:

The customer is always right. The customer is always an *******.

Sadako of Girth
Then dont take his money.

Stay at home and bang the wife, play some guitar or something.
Kinda simple really.

Rogue Jedi
If it were only that simple.....

Sadako of Girth
Exactly.

Rogue Jedi
You work with the public? Customers and shit?

Sadako of Girth
I have done before yeah.

It was never once in my contract during those times to be a smug prick like 'Rick' was in that scene.

Rogue Jedi
I have done before yeah.

It was never once in my contract during those times to be a smug prick like 'Rick' was in that scene. He wasnt being a smug prick, he was merely trying to explain company policy. What were they supposed to do, break out all the breakfast shit again for one customer?

Sadako of Girth
It was still there, at one minute past.

And the way he comes out with that "Yeah hey....Well Im real sorry about that." smug sarcasm wasnt smug or sarcastic...?
He was taking undue pleasure in being obstructive/obtuse.

Anyways. This all bullshit as your original point was that he just kills everyone, when he killed no one there, and was greatly concerned for the emotional/mental well being of everyone after he accidentally shot those few rounds off.

And when the phonebox box prick was earning his name, he shot the BOX........ not the guy.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, it was 1134 am.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
He didn't give a shit about the store owner. The whole point of the film is that his morals were too narrow.

Why SHOULD he have given a shit about him..? He was a Nazi f**k who clearly demonstrated no regard for anyone who wasn't sympathetic with his hateful agenda....?

No they werent. Thats the point of the movie.

The world was at fault.

Its at fault regularly enough to produce reactions from people like D-Fens on a regular basis.

Sadako of Girth
Irrespective.
It wouldnt have killed the guy to have met D-fens request...
Even so, there was no excuse for his tone.

Rogue Jedi
Would you do Sheila?

Sadako of Girth
Sheila...? Without question. Tidy looking chick indeed.

Rogue Jedi
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.